What are the exact inputs for Chun's Lightning Legs Loop? and O/S Thread

Comments

• Ironreaver7Ironreaver7 Joined: Posts: 334
    I do mine with only cr.hp lk.mk.lk. mk x2 comes out everytime for me only problems is linking the cr.HP for the 2nd and 3rd loops....my fingers just couldnt do the 3 kick button piano method so i use just lk and mk instead....that slide technique that Dae (AKA J05O on SRK and Jocund on utube) showed me at Family Fun was just to sloppy for me, he does it easily that way but i respected desk for using piano coz it looks clean, so i devoted my style around how he did his but without using HK
    www.ironreaver.com
  • MalvadiscoMalvadisco Marambio Joined: Posts: 2,967
    added rufus OS
    CARACOLES
    added juri´s OS and a few tag fixes
    CARACOLES
    added rose and dudley´s OS
    CARACOLES
  • ChargiChargi from Vienna with love Joined: Posts: 151
    Can't find the safe c.LP Setups anywhere. Do apply pressure against Backdash Happy Ppl, without taking risks for a mistimed c.LP.

After c.HK KD it was... dash, dash, s.FP, c.LP, right?
    Can't find the safe c.LP Setups anywhere. Do apply pressure against Backdash Happy Ppl, without taking risks for a mistimed c.LP.

After c.HK KD it was... dash, dash, s.FP, c.LP, right?
    that´s info from samma

I counted some frames and came up with some set-ups for meaty cr. jab. These are mostly for Yun, although it will work for other characters.

Set-up 1: Sweep KD Dash X 2, whiff Cl. LP, Cr. LP.

Low Jab: 3 startup | 3 active | 10 total
    Close Jab: 11 total
    Dash: 15 Frames
    Sweep: Knocks down | +45 frame advantage.

Dash x 2 is 30 frames. Close LP is 11 frames. That adds up to 41 frames. If you immediately crouch LP... the 3rd frame will whiff on frame 44, the 4th frame will whiff on frame 45, and the 5th frame will hit on frame 46. Meaty on the 3rd active frame. That is pretty darn easy to execute and there's 2 frames room for error.

Set-up 2: Forward Throw, Whiff Far MK, Dash X 2, Cr. LP.

Low Jab: 3 startup | 3 active | 10 total
    Far MK: 22 total
    Dash: 15 Frames
    Forward Throw: Knocks down | +55 frame advantage.

Far MK is 22 frames total. Dash x 2 is 30 frames. That adds up to 52 frames. If you immediately crouch LP... the 3rd frame will whiff on frame 55, and the 4th frame will hit on frame 56. Meaty on the 2nd active frame. This is more difficult, but you can plink the far mk to make it easier. You can be 1 frame off and still be OK.

Chun gets to play high/low/throw/counter-hit for free if she gets this right, unless Yun uses EX. Chun is in a good position for pressure, stomp shenanigans, high damage guesses, and knockdowns that will reset the situation.

Option select with Cr. LK OS Sweep to prevent him from backdashing. As soon as you tick him with jab, stay crouching and hit all three kick buttons. Cr. LK comes out if he blocks, sweep comes out if he backdashes.

Tic Throw resets the situation.

Frame trap with Cl. HK xx HK Legs xx MK Legs > sweep and reset the situation. You can also frame trap with Cr. MK xx HK Legs xx MK legs > Sweep for the added benefit of hitting low. These are safer than the Nemo set-up which can be DP'd if he doesn't get counter-hit and/or blocks. Legs allows you to keep pressure on block.

LK Hasanshu will beat cr. tech and throw tech.

Stomp lol

Yun can also be safe-jumped regular, but he can also be safe jumped with D/F HK. This is possible to time after sweep. You have to time 2 frames of waiting, but you can wait 5 frames and still be OK to block. Remember to OS sweep!
    CARACOLES
  • SlapyouSlapyou Joined: Posts: 84
    My joystick broke last week so I been using ps3 pad with default button to set up the leg loop combo and it work 99% of the time if you go Hp, slide Lk,Mk,Hk tap Hk+Mk then tap Mk,Mk,Mk,Mk.
    I love all the salt I get on Super Streetfigher 4 when I'm trolling them high pp guy with my second account.
  • BlindsydeBlindsyde Usurper Joined: Posts: 55
    i'm going to have to try a lot of these. I haven't found a comfortable way of piano-ing the keys fast enough after the :df::hp: I tend to use a slide method but then that requires me to wear this douchey cotton glove that I cut the pinky, ring, and thumb out of. I get some strange looks from people when I bust that glove out lmao.

Low Tier Entertainment. A collection of gaming news and information in one central location. Like our page and follow current gaming/FGC news!

Follow LTE on Facebook: www.facebook.com/lowtierent
    Follow LTE on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LowTierEnt
  • GunslingerMeeksGunslingerMeeks Pumped up Kicks Joined: Posts: 349
    You don't need to wear a cotton glove. I use the slide method and braved through the blisters and torn skin until they calloused. At worst, just buy one of those fabric bandaids. They are more discreet.
    "He stands for everything I'm against, yet he makes me feel brave."
  • Wii Wh1ppetWii Wh1ppet Why so serious? Joined: Posts: 1,068
    You don't need to wear a cotton glove. I use the slide method and braved through the blisters and torn skin until they calloused. At worst, just buy one of those fabric bandaids. They are more discreet.

Yeah I slide and and I just went through the blister barrier and whilst I had blisters I just stuck a plaster on em and man'd it up through the pain... Totally worth it as at the start I wore a custom made finger protector which was pretty much the least cool thing you had ever seen lol.
    "For the record, you know that when Honda lands his Ultra 1 his last big hand is right on Chun's chest.

Honda's a perv, yo."

The Wisdom Of SnakeAes

YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/WiiWh1ppet
  • MrAnnualMrAnnual Joined: Posts: 635
    I use scotch tape.

:sweat:
    SSFIV - Chun-Li, Dudley
    AH3 - Mei Fang
    ST - Chun-Li, Dee Jay
    SFA2 - Rolento, Sodom, Chun-Li
  • cccasey14cccasey14 Joined: Posts: 12
    Found a new option select for Cr. HP xx HK legs MK legs followup (not for the loop though... this is more practical though):

You do Cr. HP xx HK legs MK legs with whatever method you find most comfortable. Then when it comes time to do a followup, input HK~MK~LK and then quickly double tap all three kicks. Input the first HK~MK~LK with the timing for attempting to link into the sweep. What happens is you plink the sweep attempt, then plink a crouching forward attempt and buffer in the EX legs cancel. If you time it perfect you'll get the sweep, if your timing is a bit early you'll get the cr. mk XX EX legs. Just be careful not to be too late basically.

This is something I've been looking for. I'd rather just end after the hk ll into mk ll with sweep everytime, but very rarely get it. Can anyone tell me how this OS should look on your button inputs in training mode when performed correctly?
  • DagonDagon World's worst throw-tech-er Joined: Posts: 839
    Hm, I find numerous problems with that original post that you quoted. Perhaps I'm hella wrong (I have been known to be very wrong on numerous occasions), but here we go: (EDIT: I just realized that OP said to double tap :lk::mk::hk:. I'm dumb.)
    To answer your question directly, it would look like this (assuming that the top is the most recent inputs). (EDIT: this doesn't really help because the timing is the important part, not the order [though that is important too].)

:lk::mk::hk: (EDIT: I put this line in after I realized I screwed up. This is actually what OP meant.)
    :lk::mk::hk:
    :lk:
    :mk:
    :hk:
    :mk: <
    from here downward is the :hk: legs xx :mk: legs, so can be ignored.
    That this is only four inputs is where I draw my first issue. Hyakuretsukyaku (LL) requires five kick inputs in whatever amount of time, doesn't it? So, doing the above would not yield EX legs no matter how quickly it was entered unless there was some overlap in the inputs (plinking) to cause double inputs. I believe the OP was more talking about rolling your fingers across all three kicks, however, not plinking them individually.

The goal makes sense, and I see where it's coming from (try for the sweep, if that doesn't work, try for the forward, if that doesn't work, EX legs), but this method wouldn't work. Furthermore, even if it DID work, the timing is all screwy, because if you time the cr.:hk: (the beginning of the plink series) to hit with sweep, you won't hit the other inputs in time to link the EX Legs.

Alright, who's going to be the first one to tell me where I misunderstood something? :rofl:

FINAL EDIT: this tactic will work if executed correctly. However, if you get the EX legs to link, then you're doing the cr.:hk: WAY too early. If the :mk: comes out, you're doing it a BIT too early. Also, I am dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb. One day, I will master my reading comprehension skills.
    "Hakan is for the dedicated." - Samurai Drew
    Super Street Fighter Four: Arcade Edition version Two Thousand and Twelve: Chun-Li/Dan
    XBL: EOT 00000100
    finally theres a very reliable safe jump against adon

f.throw, walk back, j.hk~st.mp

mp, hp and EX srk is blocked, lp srk is stuffed
    backdash can´t be punished with cr.hk, so st.mp or st.hp is the prefered option, st.mp does give us super link btw
    CARACOLES
    some videos i havent post here

CARACOLES
  • memphischainsmemphischains Joined: Posts: 14
    So has anyone been able to do this with a controller? I can't even come close, and would really like to be able to do it. I've been spending way too much time failing.

It is necessary to buy a stick? I'm not really a stick guy
    havent tried on pad tbh...
    CARACOLES
  • memphischainsmemphischains Joined: Posts: 14
    I can't legs xx cr.HP at all. The set up is easy enough, but after the first set of kicks I can't for the life of me hit the cr.HP to continue. It's a nice online combo to use Target Combo, cr.HP, Legs, EX legs, Kikosho, but I the loop seems impossible (at least for me). Its been the only way I've used the set up effectively.

Has anyone tried with a pad at all?
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Edit - nm wrong thread
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,927
    ok so im sure a lot of you know this by now, but I looked at this thread and I didnt see that the OP was updated for who the loop works on

The following characters can be "looped" (as in, you can do legs, cr.hp, legs, sweep) with no counter hit

Makoto
    Dudley
    Cody
    DJ
    Guy
    Twins
    Thawk
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    ok so im sure a lot of you know this by now, but I looked at this thread and I didnt see that the OP was updated for who the loop works on

The following characters can be "looped" (as in, you can do legs, cr.hp, legs, sweep) with no counter hit

Makoto
    Dudley
    Cody
    DJ
    Guy
    Twins
    Thawk
    thx info added to the op.

ill update the op with the unblockables and other safe jumps set ups... soon hopefully
    CARACOLES
  • Lucarita26Lucarita26 Warrior of Justice Joined: Posts: 2
    I like Chun-Li so much and want to learn everything aout her :)
    Chun-Li says always "I'm the strongest woman in the world" and she is right about it, because she is the number one on the street fighter series ever comes with Chin-Li awesome!
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Feel free to read this thread and the stickies in this subforum as well. They're a good start.
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 3,258
    I posted this in a different thread, but maybe it can be of use here as well?

The loop combo (c.fp x RH Legs, MK Legs, c.fp x RH Legs, MK Legs, Sweep) works on...
    Works, period: Akuma, Honda, Ibuki, Makoto, Dudley, Seth, Gouken, Gen, Oni, Yun, Juri, Chun, Dhalsim, Abel, Bison, Sagat, Dee Jay, Guy, Blanka, Gief, Fei, Hawk, Hakan, Adon, Guile, Fuerte
    (Note: Damage may vary depending on how many hits of the LL connect.)

Works on standing opponents only: Ryu, Ken, E.Ryu, Dan, Viper, Rufus, Vega, Balrog

Works on crouching opponents only: Cammy

Does not work: Sakura, Rose

Torem_Kamina:

Definitely need to work that EX Tatsu wake-up into my gameplan. Sacrificing damage and stun meter for psychological damage. That's some next level shit right there.

edited July 2013
    ill take this opportunity to update this info and improve the format of the OP, i have tons of vids to put in this thread

to bad that in a couple of months ill have to re test everything Dx
    CARACOLES
  • CruS_CruS_ Joined: Posts: 23
    Nice thread! Is any of this out of date because of the 2012 update?
    CruS_ wrote: »
    im currently retesting some old set ups once i finish with that ill update the OP!
    CARACOLES
    Malvadisco wrote: »
    CruS_ wrote: »
    im currently retesting some old set ups once i finish with that ill update the OP!

Very cool :)

• MarkColtonMarkColton Zero Income Joined: Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    Bah I wish I had to stick to try out this piano techniques for chun.
    SSFIV Main- Chun Li,Ryu
    [URL
  • ExvarisExvaris Arcade ∞ Joined: Posts: 2,879
    edited July 2013
    A stick is well worth the investment imo, while I have huge respect for pad players, I just feel that Street Fighter is better suited for being played on stick.

Although RIGHT NOW it might not be worth the investment since they won't be PS4 compatible apparently lol. Greedy Sony.

EDIT: Also, anyone else think this thread should be stickied?
    «勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。»
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    ---
    SnakeAes wrote: »
    A stick is well worth the investment imo, while I have huge respect for pad players, I just feel that Street Fighter is better suited for being played on stick.

Although RIGHT NOW it might not be worth the investment since they won't be PS4 compatible apparently lol. Greedy Sony.

Should be stickied, especially if it's up to date.

I think buying a stick to play Street Fighter IV is totally worth it still:

1. You can't put your SFIV disc and expect to play it on the next gen consoles.
    2. SFV is not even in development.

So if you plan to play the latest SF game, buying a stick now is probably at least 2 years of gaming with it.
  • SaucyPinoySaucyPinoy Ako Joined: Posts: 215
    MarkColton wrote: »
    Bah I wish I had to stick to try out this piano techniques for chun.
    LOL, I play on pad too and I feel the same way, but I don't care much for lighting leg loops since I'm able to do good without it. If you are gonna invest one, i suggest getting the MadCatz Fightstick Pro or the Soul Edition. They are 100 bucks (I seen them go on sale for 80 and 70 a couple times in the past few weeks and it might go on sale again) on amazon and I think thats the new msrp since I never see them go back to 150. I would get one myself, but I got other stuff to pay and save up for and I feel comfortable on the pad.
    SnakeAes wrote: »

With all these useful information, it should be stickied.
    "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes." - Andy Warhol
    i do have a few things to update but i want to re-test everything first and is going to take a while

ie. the set up against dudley have changed (it was from super)

but in return i have found two more set ups against him lol

CARACOLES
  • MehtbhMehtbh Whiff-Jab-Ball-Bite Joined: Posts: 338
    edited September 2013
    So yeah, I don't know if this variant exists elsewhere but here is my own plink method. As my fingers didn't like some of the first ones I heard about:

:hp:~:mk:. :lk: (thumb), :hk:~:mp:, :hk:~:mp:

The thumb hitting lk isn't even necessary if you hit this perfectly. But it gives you an extra kick on start up to allow you to totally miss one of the hk/mp plinks and still get 5 inputs ending on RH. After not being able to piano or slide this anywhere approaching consistently, I could do this within a day. Super consistent cancel from cr.hp that allows you to be crazy messy. The only way to really screw this up is to be too slow or miss both plinks. The only hard part about killing fei long off any random cr.hp crouch tech punish is therefore a bunch of plinked one framers. Practicepracticepractice.

mm that is kinda iffy are you sure you dont get ex legs by accident? plink for piano techniques isvery shitty and inconsistent imo.
    CARACOLES
    edited September 2013
    How would I get EX legs by accident? I'm plinking with hk+mp. There's no way to get two different kick inputs.

I got this super consistent really quickly. As i said, the only way to screw it up is lack of speed or missing both plinks.

If you can already piano 100% of the time then who cares right? But I find this infinitely easier. This is coming from a Blanka main. I only wish there was a none finger-crushing method of applying the same techniques to st.lp xx hp.elec.

Edit: Infact not getting EX legs is probably one of the biggest advantages to this approach. Piano done too quickly always runs that risk. And when you want to be going this fast, being able to go 'too fast' is a pain for me.
    lol you´re right i was thinking hk~mk lololol
    CARACOLES
    Does anyone happen to know the exact frame advantage for hk legs + mk legs extension on block? I know it's +7 on hit, does anyone know a precise block number?
    between -9 and +17
    CARACOLES
    There will be a consistent value though, if the last kick of the chain of 4MK presses extension connects