Hacking in GGPO

LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
Okay, there's a group of trolls in the 3S lobby led by Justin Bieber aka TehBlargh aka Way2Nasty and Toastedguy. They've made it a point to attack me unprovoked and spec my matches with the intent to lag.

Now, one of them was able to use a program to multi-challenge me and force me to accept the matches. I never hit accept or anything. And the game windows popped up, he did this multiple times to force me to crash.

I did not challenge them. I challenged two other people a grand total of 3 times.

Just putting this out there.
STOMP!

Comments

• PorterPorter Upstart Joined: Posts: 1,557
    Don't they supertroll you?

GGPO needs an ignore feature.
    Stylish!
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    I can use the ignore feature, but this program they were using was able to circumvent that.
    STOMP!
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,540
    if they lag you by spectating on and off.. when you start the game with someone just close the GGPO client
    also come to #ggpo when the trolls are online and report them to Buttermaker for ban
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • AlexanderAlexander Joined: Posts: 977
    I've seen this too.
    He just did it again, it was Tehblargh. No question. Toastedguy wasn't even on. I reported him to Buttermaker. I hope this is his profile: http://ggpo.net/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=272 . Thank you Aquashark. I emailed Ponder too. Anyone who uses GGPO, be careful. Disagreeing with someone is one thing, but using an exploit to cause them to crash is pretty fucking low.

I've provided pics to show what happened. Note: I only challenged Cakemaster 2 times, then this happened, and Tehblargh was on and AFK. I informed him that I reported him for his actions.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g466/3stest2501/ggpoxploit1.png

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g466/3stest2501/ggpoxploit2.png

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g466/3stest2501/ggpoxploit3.png

Apologies for the ghetto nature, but I couldn't take a pic through Printscreen. When he did this my whole PC froze and I had to restart.
    STOMP!
    STOMP!
    Oh, and FYI I can't simply use another screen name because the trolls involved are able to see my IP address.

If you think it's funny that someone uses an exploit to crash your system you must be pretty fucked up.
    STOMP!
  • nothingxsnothingxs EVO Head TO Joined: Posts: 1,688
    Use a different name and call your ISP and tell them to change your IP address.
    Well a couple of things here: I actually worked for a cable company for over a year, I was a Tier 2 Rep. And the company can't just give you a new IP address. It doesn't work that way. The only way you can is by going into the command prompt and release and renew the IP until it gives you a new address. And sometimes that doesn't work. It's ficky. The only other way is to unplug the modem overnight and hope that does it.

At any rate, why should I have to do that when these two guys should obviously be banned? And they undoubtedly know what my ping is and approximate location, so what would stop them from speccing, see me use my main, and continue where they left off? Know what I mean?

I'm greatly annoyed that not a single mod has yet to contact me, and I know for a fact that they are reading this. And the trolls find this infinitely amusing. Because this sets a precedent, if they are not disciplined in some way, then obviously they can do whatever they want, Ponder doesn't give a fuck, and again, what would stop them from doing this to you?
    STOMP!
  • WombleWomble Joined: Posts: 632
    Because the only people who get challenge hacked on GGPO are annoying ass retards like you. Just change your username and stop being such a retarded troll bait. Otherwise, quit whining.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    Because the only people who get challenge hacked on GGPO are annoying ass retards like you. Just change your username and stop being such a retarded troll bait. Otherwise, quit whining.

I disagree, this is not trolling, this is a normal complain about trolls, just because you can change or switch to a new user, doesn't mean that this guy is retarded or the trolls can do whatever they want. please, grow up, to call someone "retarded" or acting like a wiseass doesn't make you look smart or cool.
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
    Anyone who comes to 3S GGPO will know that this guy is a fucking retard and since you disagree you must not come to the 3S channel much. Either that or you're even more retarded.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    i think you're the retarded one, you're not helping and you're trolling around, i don't care is you like this guy or not, i not surprised that you called me a retarded too, is the favorite troll's word lol.

If this guy Louis is a "retarded", that doesn't give you the right to troll around the thread.
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I dont even play ggpo that often,but if a dude is crying in chat i'd troll him to.
    No one wants to hear that shit bro.

Since no one is getting paid for this shit atm it's no one's top concern to mod it atm.

Also bro you set off my bullshit alarm saying you worked Tech support at a cable company and you have not just spoofed your Ip,swapped your screen name and moved on.
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    If this guy Louis is a "retarded", that doesn't give you the right to troll around the thread.
    Says who? You? Get lost.
    Spoof IP's are a pain in the ass. And these two trolls have attacked other people. They just enjoy trolling.

Actually the extent of what I would do in chat is try to get a match going, and if I play someone who was really bad at 3S I'd say 'well, that guy wasn't very good or liked to mash' and that was it. I never continued it, never dwelled on it. So if that calls for someone using an exploit to crash someone's system, then you must be pretty childish.
    STOMP!
    GGPO 3S is srs bsnz.

I've played Louis. I've talked to him in chat a few times.

If he does whine it's because Blargh, and Toasted troll him to death. I've seen the trolling and it's enough to get frustrated at. They do continually spec lag him, They even talk about doing it and when.

Just report them and hope for the best.
    Stylish!
    STOMP!
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,540
    #ggpo on quakenet
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
    They've also made a point of trolling Artayes, who's a really good Necro player. I'd make a guess that the trolls don't like people who main low-tiers.

Alex all day yo.
    Stylish!
  • PattyBam_17PattyBam_17 Joined: Posts: 54
    they don't troll me lol
    Well you rape everyone with Urien Patty-Grab.
    STOMP!
  • cmonstercmonster Joined: Posts: 117
    Actually the extent of what I would do in chat is try to get a match going, and if I play someone who was really bad at 3S I'd say 'well, that guy wasn't very good or liked to mash' and that was it. I never continued it, never dwelled on it. So if that calls for someone using an exploit to crash someone's system, then you must be pretty childish.

Don't know about that, bro. I've seen you complaining/arguing about lag/lag abuse/whatever else multiple times on ggpo and it lasted a good while, at least enough to get my attention.

Not that I think what they're doing to you is right. It's BS what they're doing and I feel for you in that regard. Hopefully a mod will do something about it sooner than later.
    Do I complain about lag? Yes, totally. Mostly out of frustration. I'm trying to level up my game, there's no local scene and I'm stuck fighting mostly low-level or just trolling players. I've seen a lot of lag abuse too. For example: a Ken player does SA3, I block the full thing, I do sMP (as Alex) to punish as soon as it's finished, and the dude mashes out HPSRK and it comes out instantly.

You can't tell me that wouldn't piss you off dude? ;) It's not so much mashing that pissed me off but that the player knew I could punish him, and he mashed out SRK hoping and praying that because of lag his move will come out and he will win.
    STOMP!
    Christ, you never stop complaining do you?
    You can't tell me that wouldn't piss you off dude? ;) It's not so much mashing that pissed me off but that the player knew I could punish him, and he mashed out SRK hoping and praying that because of lag his move will come out and he will win.

if you "know" he's gonna mash a srk then just block? if you "know" certain moves that theyre gonna do then react to it. if you find your timing is too late, then do it earlier. dude, if there's no local scene where you play then why are you complaining about the field that you're in? your only playing field is online and the environment is prone to be laggy sometimes so you adjust to it. if you can't play offline 3s due to the lack of local players then just get used to it. i don't have a local 3s scene either and i'm aware of the lag in the game but i still play for fun and try to improve my skills. who cares if the akuma player spams tatsu, just parry the next set of tatsu's or learn to find the timing for red parrying.

yes, there are characters that have slight advantages online, but offline its the same thing. chun isnt god tier online, but godtier offline. urien/akuma is top tier online but midtier offline and so on and so forth.

tip, play the characters that piss you off the most and learn theyre style/pattern. you're not gonna get better faster by just playing one char 100% of the time
    It won't get through to him, but nice try.
  • ESNESN 最初はぐう... Joined: Posts: 1,347
    And what if he just uses guard after his SA? Will you shout "OMFG he mashed out guard, what a retard!".
    Seriously, if you can't punish properly, try to throw next time. If you still got beaten, block and punish (lol). If you still got beaten, it means you're not able to do something precise during a window of 11 frames iirc, so you're clearly playing with a damn bad connection and should quit and play someone else...
    I don't know why but Womble has set his sights on me. If you look through his post history 90% of his posts are made up of trolling.

I think Patty and ESN are being argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. I mean, are you really trying to suggest that Ken's SA3 is safe on block? Because that's an argument you're not going to win. And I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I'm incapable of punishing that. I'm quite capable, and had you read what I posted, I did punish with sMP, which has 4 frame start up

I think you may have read what I posted too quickly. I was demonstrating how laggy GGPO can get, I listed an example, and in such environments, things like that happen. I don't think you can deny that, weird shit happens online. I'm not trying to be nasty or anything, just explaining my point. I don't see how this could be construed as being salty or anything.

I don't think I should have to explain that, but I feel I have to defend myself at times irregardless of trolling.
    STOMP!
    I disagree that they are being merely argumentative, they are providing a solution to the problem. You're just too stubborn to accept it. You can't blame it all on lag or tiers or whateverthefuckelse...
    I don't know why but Womble has set his sights on me. If you look through his post history 90% of his posts are made up of trolling.

I think Patty and ESN are being argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. I mean, are you really trying to suggest that Ken's SA3 is safe on block? Because that's an argument you're not going to win. And I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I'm incapable of punishing that. I'm quite capable, and had you read what I posted, I did punish with sMP, which has 4 frame start up

I think you may have read what I posted too quickly. I was demonstrating how laggy GGPO can get, I listed an example, and in such environments, things like that happen. I don't think you can deny that, weird shit happens online. I'm not trying to be nasty or anything, just explaining my point. I don't see how this could be construed as being salty or anything.

I don't think I should have to explain that, but I feel I have to defend myself at times irregardless of trolling.
    Let me make my previous post easier to understand as you clearly missed the point.
    can't punish cause of lag? --> try to adapt or quit

Was it that hard to understand?
    Again, unnecessarily angry. Why does everyone get so pissy on this forum? All the time someone gets pissy over nothing. You can say the most mild of things, and people get pissy over it. Just noting this. By the way, I never mentioned tiers, look through my posts.

Two Things dude: (One) By adapting to lag like that, am I not just learning bad strategies that aren't effective in a competitive environment which is what I'm training for? (Two) I can do something even better and not play people with bad connections. I think that's a more suitable solution, wouldn't you say? I'm not really losing or gaining anything by playing people like that, and what can that dude who mashes brag about? That he beat someone online with lag? That's not an accomplishment to be proud over.

Again, I'm not salty, just trying to engage in conversation. At the same time I don't like being unnecessarily attacked.
    STOMP!
    Tough, if you're gonna complain constantly, then expect this sort of treatment.

Either way I think what ESN and the other guy was saying (can't remember his name) is that if you spent less time complaining and more time analyzing the problems in front of you, you'd be a better player. However, you don't and so you suck.
    Clearly you do not want to engage in conversation, if you have something to say to me, by all means PM me. Don't create needless drama on the internet, if you like drama go watch one of those reality TV shows, or watch TNT because they apparently know drama.

That said, I cannot let a troll get the final word in as it shows weakness.

Again, you did not read my post. I have a solution, don't play people who abuse lag. Pretty simple I must say. And I analyzed the problem, if the connection is bad, the Ken player can mash out an immediate SRK after doing SA3. It seems like you're desperately trying to defend this guy, like he did the right thing by mashing something out when in optimal conditions it doesn't work. Basically you're defending mashing. For whatever reason you've decided to attack me and desperately try to tear me down a peg. I believe I've seen you on GGPO, and you've made yourself out to be one of Tehblargh's fan boys and like to troll with him.

Sorry dude, I'm not playing your troll game, I'm not responding to anything else you say on public forums. If you have something to say, PM me please.
    STOMP!
    PM yo ass, gtfo of here. Face it, you suck...Ass.
    /thread
    Again, unnecessarily angry. Why does everyone get so pissy on this forum? All the time someone gets pissy over nothing. You can say the most mild of things, and people get pissy over it. Just noting this. By the way, I never mentioned tiers, look through my posts.

Two Things dude: (One) By adapting to lag like that, am I not just learning bad strategies that aren't effective in a competitive environment which is what I'm training for? (Two) I can do something even better and not play people with bad connections. I think that's a more suitable solution, wouldn't you say? I'm not really losing or gaining anything by playing people like that, and what can that dude who mashes brag about? That he beat someone online with lag? That's not an accomplishment to be proud over.

Again, I'm not salty, just trying to engage in conversation. At the same time I don't like being unnecessarily attacked.
    Where did you see me angry? O_o

"By adapting to lag like that, am I not just learning bad strategies that aren't effective in a competitive environment which is what I'm training for?"
    Think this way: offline, you can punish, no problem.
    Online, you got problems sometimes to punish, even easy stuff like a blocked KEN SA3. This means each poke, throw attempt, guard reaction, whatever, suffer a 6~10 frames "lag instability". You're not learning "3S", you're not even learning "3S on GGPO", you're learning "3S Lag Mash Championship Edition". There is no point at all playing that.
    So, your "competitive environment which is what you're training for" make me smile a little.

And, just to be clear, no, this post, like the others is in no way agressive/angry/whatever makes you feel attacked...
  • DorjanDorjan Joined: Posts: 2

That said, I cannot let a troll get the final word in as it shows weakness.

No, this shows the strength of the troll, and the rage that you have from being constantly trolled.

Seriously, has this shit not been going on for months? Why? How the fuck did any of this even start? I assume it's from you bitching. As you do have the reputation of being the biggest whiner in GGPO.

Maybe you should buy a horse and move to the mountains where you won't bother anybody.
  • Ken?Ken? Joined: Posts: 8
    edited March 13
    Post edited by Ken? on
    Well, my attempt to quell that hating failed on a massive level. One dude resurrects the thread, other dude finds it doesn't read what I said, jumps to conclusions and say's he pro and I'm scrub.

#1 Never said I'm pro. Said I'm training to get better. Read what I wrote.

#2 There is lag on GGPO. You can try as hard as you can to turn it around on me and justify lag tactics. But that still doesn't change anything. GGPO 3S is laggy, and a majority of players abuse the lag. That's a fact. What I will reiterate for the final fucking time is that I have blocked these bad players with bad connections and have focused on the good players. Is that a good enough answer to you, or are you going to continue to dwell?

#3 I'd love to play you offline. I like the comp. though I question why you are in favor of hacking, but so be it.

I'm not replying to this thread anymore. I've listed the problem on GGPO. I've pointed out the trolling. Ponder is powerless to it. And some dude will continuously find this thread and call me a scrub and this and that and the other. It's a no-win situation, so I'm leaving it at that. It's not healthy to dwell.
    STOMP!