Most hated Character

Comments

• KAOSPIDERKAOSPIDER Maximum Spider Joined: Posts: 510
    My most hated characters: Vega, Balrog, Honda--essentially any character that can literally hold down-back for 98% of the match and somehow still win. I used to hate DeeJay but now I love hunting him down and turning his smile upside down.
    The Coffin Corner: Where Dreams Go to Die

E. Honda, Balrog & Vega: Street Fighter for Dummies
  • CracklingCrackling Joined: Posts: 18
    Vega, Ken, Seth and sometimes Zangief
    Check out sf5tips.com for summarized SFV content.
    USF4 - Balrog / Rolento / Evil Ryu

PSN - QTOON CFN-xQTOONx
  • blehbleh Joined: Posts: 116
    why are you mentioning sf4 chars in a hdr topic ??
  • TheloThelo Holdin' down-back Joined: Posts: 1,144 mod
    It's probably that "Recently Active Threads" feature at top of screen that lures in the inattentive newbies.
    Keeping your cool is always the winning move.
  • KAOSPIDERKAOSPIDER Maximum Spider Joined: Posts: 510
    In that case, I also hate Gill and Geese Howard. Ha!
    The Coffin Corner: Where Dreams Go to Die

E. Honda, Balrog & Vega: Street Fighter for Dummies
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,617
    Fuck Magaki.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
  • FreebyrdFreebyrd Magnificent Vengeance Brought to Fruition Joined: Posts: 410
    Everyone but Dan.
    SSF4AE: Dan
    UMvC3: Naruhibiki-kun
    SoulCalibur V: Danpierre
    SFxT: Mega Dan
  • Tinyb0ssTinyb0ss Joined: Posts: 25
    • I hate Dictator for his crossup->dizzy->death combos. I feel like guessing wrong one time dooms me. I hear this one is even, or slightly in my favor, so probably what's bothering me is just the disgusting ease with which I get wrecked by really good Dics (RenoMD).
    • I hate Vega for his long poke, safe-on-block roll, and hard-to counter wall jumps.
    • I hate Sagat because 9 out of 10 times it's exactly the same fight. Of course, the same could be said about Honda, and he doesn't bother me so much...I wonder if Sagat seems cheaper to me because I started back when he was an unplayable boss character.
    • I hate Akuma for his Akuma-ness. Seriously, nothing is more frustrating to me than an air-FB-spamming Akuma who knows how to do it well.

The other bad Gief matches (Honda, Dalsim, Guile, Blanka) don't bother me so much because I feel like there's something I can do to have a chance (get the knockdown on Honda or Sim, get inside Guile's sweep range, or make some good guesses about Blanka balls).
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,212
    Ken and Honda.

Ken because he gets away with all kinds of retarded shit (recovery frames on his super, WTF???), and Honda because he forced me to switch to Vega from Cammy. :lol:
  • Warrior's DreamsWarrior's Dreams 梅原 > Wong Joined: Posts: 1,292
    The guy who keeps posing those rcaido the pretender videos in this forum.
    You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Here is the latest stream:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Coth_XCoth_X G(x) = (3/(1-3x)) - 3 - 3x - 27x^2 Joined: Posts: 4,340
    It's actually a girl if we are able to believe her.
    "The purpose of proof is to understand, not to verify." - Arnold Ross
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416 <--- Coolest Game Ever!
  • krknightkrknight Joined: Posts: 1,743
    It's actually a girl if we are able to believe her.

he siihb and stopped calling. think it's funny the fei long is "scrubby," but uses a jab standing fierce block string, on a zangief no less.

akuma, honda, vega. with lag, ken is number one.
    Well if you play against say Cigarbob, then yeah the player in that video is a scrub.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    I hate Ken. Just when you think it's time to punish a whiff lp shoryu, another one comes out right afterwards. What really gets me is when he gets super after the whiffed shoryu and hits me with it. Makes me wonder if that was intentional or just a lucky accident due to mashing. I usually win matches like that with standing roundhouse.

Blankas are annoying with lag. You never see the ball coming from full screen until it's halfway toward you. Guile becomes a wall with lag, Bison and Fei become annoying, and Akuma becomes even less fun to fight against. Everyone else is managable.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • JigglyNorrisJigglyNorris The Low Tier Hero Joined: Posts: 1,279
    Vega and Honda. I have the utmost respect for N.Shogatsu's O.Honda though.

I will never understand the Balrog hate in HDR.
  • J.ScogzJ.Scogz Bye Joined: Posts: 2,378
    I hate DJ... In every game... I hate that motherfucker.
    It's been real.
  • RainbowViper*RainbowViper* Joined: Posts: 94
    Cammy mirrors don't terrify me anymore, but I don't exactly look forward to them. I still experience a good bit of MUST BE BETTER CAMMY AT ALL COSTS related stress when playing other Cammies, and I always feel slow and kinda dumb when I get hooligan'd.

It cracks me up more than anything ;). Funny watching that telegraphed hooligan from the other side.

For me, in HD:R, it would have to be T.Hawk, DeeJay and Honda. Bunch of ballsax!
    ! Raaaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnboooooooowwwwwwwwww !
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    I hate two of my secondaries.

E.Honda and my brand new secondary character, Chun Li, i hate those bastards, i don't feel the same satisfaction defeating someone with those characters as i do with ken and (SUPER TURBO)gief.
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • geogeo Official Contrarian Joined: Posts: 1,291
    Honda for brain-dead turbo assisted bullshit.
    Just one example of ST fundamentalism on dontblowthis.com: "HDR is just another game with no relation to the Street Fighter II series" - riz0ne
  • SG10xSG10x Blanka Sucks Joined: Posts: 402
    Honda is the most annoying boring character
  • studtrooperstudtrooper Super Turbo Joined: Posts: 3,088
    :sad:
    ST/HDR: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    GGPO/Fightcade: x64
    It's true then: everyone hates Honda.
    Just one example of ST fundamentalism on dontblowthis.com: "HDR is just another game with no relation to the Street Fighter II series" - riz0ne
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    I like Honda.
    This thread is unscientific as fuck but here are the totals so far:

Honda: 16
    Balrog (presumably Boxer): 15
    Ken: 10
    Vega (presumably Claw): 9
    Zangief: 6
    Chun: 5
    Hawk: 4
    Bison / Dictator: 4
    Guile: 2
    Fei: 2
    Deejay: 2
    Blanka: 2
    Ryu: 1
    Sim: 1
    Sagat: 1

Laggy Ken seems to get particular hate (I agree). Interesting that most people don't have Zangief at the top of their list - maybe he isn't "fucking retarded" (TM) after all??

I'm surprised that Chun doesn't get more disdain.
  • studtrooperstudtrooper Super Turbo Joined: Posts: 3,088
    Kinda surprised so many people hate Honda when he's basically a free win against anyone with a fireball when played at max level.
    ST/HDR: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    GGPO/Fightcade: x64
  • MILFMILF Level... Joined: Posts: 1,561
    vega smiles : ) beautiful
    Get Your Hands Off My Penis
    F.A.N.G

Oh! My my! It looks like you're already choking...2 minutes...I'll finish you...In 2 minutes
    ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬
    Vega & F.A.N.G
    ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬
    King of everything
    :smokin:
    ...back to basic. SSF4, UMVC3, TK, MK, SFA, ST, BR. bored
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod
    Kinda surprised so many people hate Honda when he's basically a free win against anyone with a fireball when played at max level.

I suspect much of that is due to how much better Honda can be in lag. The lag factor can go both ways (harder for Honda to jump fireballs), but random HHS, butt slams, and torpedoes work much better online than they would offline. If people abuse that, it makes him much more annoying.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    It's not just online, even offline, playing against Honda is the pits. It's his tank playstyle that turns me off.

-I can't tick throw him (this is coming from someone who will tick throw your Zangief or Hawk if given the opportunity)
    -I can't rush him down (all his Specials will stop anything and everything with the quickness)
    -I can't even reliably cross him up after a knockdown (Air Tatsu is the only thing that reliably works for me as a meaty crossup and even that loses to his reversal Super sometimes)

Honda's got no chink in his armor except for fireballs. And even with a good fireball character like Ryu, it's not a free win. You gotta work hard, and I mean HARD to earn a win against good Honda players.

Edit: LOL at ppl who can't punish Ken's Super, hit him BEFORE he lands, not very hard to do.
  • CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 889
    If you have an air throw it is even better, just grab that fool in the air
  • CauldrathCauldrath Joined: Posts: 617

This is the "most hated character" thread, not the "hardest character to beat" thread. I would have probably said Honda, too, if I didn't play Chun. It seems like Honda vs Chun is one of the few match ups he has that isn't completely stupid in either imbalance or how boring the game plan required has to be. Dhalsim, Boxer, and Claw seem OK, too, just because they either have fireballs and poor get-off-me, or crazy safe fly-across-the-screen ability. Pretty much everyone else without a fireball looks like that T. Hawk cr. jab spam video, though, replacing cr. jab with neutral j. short, st. fierce, or whatever, depending on the character. It's like watching a SF4 match.
    My blog where I try to break games: http://cauldrath.blogspot.com/
    My videos of me trying to break games: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cauldrath
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    I hate fighting a competent sim the most.

everything you do he'll counter it. it's extremely frustrating to play a top sim.

and when you do win, it's most likely you got a lucky knockdown and force him to play a guessing game of meaty/throw/srk.

you won the round but you end up second guessing yourself. if he didn't guess wrong 3-4 times in a row, you wouldn't have won.

and when you lose (most of the time vs a top sim), you know damn sure that he did everything correctly and didn't rely on luck.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    Good reply, papasi. I just don't second guess myself, I assume I got lucky or the guy screwed up and proceed. Not that it helps...
    I'm surprised that Chun doesn't get more disdain.
    Back in the WW days, I found out that Chun Li also had the psycho power. Check her far standing fierce punch: there's that glowing thing around her fist. I thought it was very cool, and tried to end every combo with that move. Most people don't know, but Chun is actually very evil.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    i hate her with passion, chun's a bitch!
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
    Yeah, I hate Chun too. 3-7 matchup for Dictator, easily.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,251
    Well if you play against say Cigarbob, then yeah the player in that video is a scrub.

Uhh that was Cigarbob
  • JigglyNorrisJigglyNorris The Low Tier Hero Joined: Posts: 1,279
    It's not just online, even offline, playing against Honda is the pits. It's his tank playstyle that turns me off.

-I can't tick throw him (this is coming from someone who will tick throw your Zangief or Hawk if given the opportunity)
    -I can't rush him down (all his Specials will stop anything and everything with the quickness)
    -I can't even reliably cross him up after a knockdown (Air Tatsu is the only thing that reliably works for me as a meaty crossup and even that loses to his reversal Super sometimes)

Honda's got no chink in his armor except for fireballs. And even with a good fireball character like Ryu, it's not a free win. You gotta work hard, and I mean HARD to earn a win against good Honda players.
    Agreed with all this. And lets just throw in that pixel disadvantage he has that reduces everyone's range. No three fierce Rekka 3/4's of the time (even if it hits), kiss the supposed Typhoon Range>Ochio Range good bye, and you can pretty much forget about any kind of rushdown (meaty, tick throws, tick-dp). Four reversals, one of which is safe 100% of the time. I'm a little biased here since everybody that I enjoy playing has a hard time against Honda. That being said, just looking at his character design, whenever I see (a competent) Honda on that Vs. screen, one of two outcomes are gonna happen:
    1.Honda is going to demolish.
    2.Its going to be a long ass fight.
  • moocusmoocus internets? Joined: Posts: 869

Edit: LOL at ppl who can't punish Ken's Super, hit him BEFORE he lands, not very hard to do.

try an intentionally late crossup. meaty crossups just get you knocked down for free.

recovery on cammy's thrust kick and chun's upkicks are just as dumb as ken's super. got to hit them in the air like blitz says
    Late cross-ups work with some characters. As a shoto, I know one gotta try as soon as he gets up: headbutts and buttslams whiff. He can beat it cleanly with close standing Fierce, though.
    Uhh that was Cigarbob

Was it? It looked like cigargirl playing. I'll rewatch it.
  • thanks_tablethanks_table double buttrape Joined: Posts: 102
    Ken > Honda > Dic

Ken just gets away with murder... Maybe it's online lag, but he basically has a license to move wildly throughout the screen;
    hurricane kick into tik throws, kneegrabs, rapid dizzying, nonstop dp's... Not to mention he deals a crazy amount of damage.
    Plus it's annoying that the only character who can properly punish Ken for whiffing a fierce dp or super is another Ken.
    He pretty much falls out of the sky and wins the throw before he even hits the ground, or comes out with yet another dp.
    Amen brother.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    all you kan
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    Ken > Honda > Dic

Ken just gets away with murder... Maybe it's online lag, but he basically has a license to move wildly throughout the screen;
    hurricane kick into tik throws, kneegrabs, rapid dizzying, nonstop dp's... Not to mention he deals a crazy amount of damage.
    Plus it's annoying that the only character who can properly punish Ken for whiffing a fierce dp or super is another Ken.
    He pretty much falls out of the sky and wins the throw before he even hits the ground, or comes out with yet another dp.
    Ken's Shoryukens have just 3 landing frames, so you gotta press the button a bit earlier. With Ryu, just crouch and press forward and he will get hit as he lands. Just pick other characters and check which moves will go the right way when he crosses you.
    Ken's Shoryukens have just 3 landing frames, so you gotta press the button a bit earlier. With Ryu, just crouch and press forward and he will get hit as he lands. Just pick other characters and check which moves will go the right way when he crosses you.

Huh? I didn't even mention Ryu. Anyway, I know not to expect to win the throw against Ken when he's falling- my point is it's one of many illogical "Ken rules" you have to play by, where you teach yourself to disregard what looks rational and perform what works.
    I mentioned Ryu cos that the character I play. Any character can deal with Ken's recovery on his Fierce Shoryuken. It is just that the landing frames are just a few, and actually fewer than the game's default input delay. You can throw him just fine, but you have to press the button early. If you see him touching the ground, it is too late. If you want to combo, you just have to find out what normals will give you the correct direction.

Ken's Fierce Shoryuken and his super are actually weaknesses. Ask any Ken player that's not damdai - or anyone else who can guarantee one-button reversals - if they wouldn't love to have three jab Shoryukens in all punches, so they could piano.

Ken's strengths are agreed to be his Jab Shoryuken and knee bash mix-ups. All top Ken players use a rushdown strategy based on those, and properly spaced normals.
    Yeah I love guessing right with an hp srk and getting punished when it doesn't knock down.

-women should not be underestimated-
    It is just that the landing frames are just a few, and actually fewer than the game's default input delay. You can throw him just fine, but you have to press the button early. If you see him touching the ground, it is too late.

If Ken isn't touching the ground (and I assume we're not talking about air throws here), how on earth can he be thrown?
    Ken's Fierce Shoryuken and his super are actually weaknesses. Ask any Ken player that's not damdai - or anyone else who can guarantee one-button reversals - if they wouldn't love to have three jab Shoryukens in all punches, so they could piano.

I posted this in another room, but it's applicable to this conversation: I was using Zangief the other day (not my main character btw) and the Ken I was playing against whiffed a super. I waited for him to fall into my lap (just above Gief's head) and performed a spinning lariat. Even falling from a missed super, Ken magically went through Zangief's spinning fists and suddenly had me in his kneehold. I would consider that an example of what I'm talking about; something counter intuitive and even ridiculous that you need to learn to accept while fighting against Ken.

I'm not saying anything about strategy issues or fair or unfair- just that it's absolutely retarded- and that for reasons like the one I just described, Ken is the character I hate the most in this game.
  • cl04k3dcl04k3d Joined: Posts: 74
    Time to switch my main to Ken.