Most hated Character

Comments

• CauldrathCauldrath Joined: Posts: 617
    Kinda surprised so many people hate Honda when he's basically a free win against anyone with a fireball when played at max level.

This is the "most hated character" thread, not the "hardest character to beat" thread. I would have probably said Honda, too, if I didn't play Chun. It seems like Honda vs Chun is one of the few match ups he has that isn't completely stupid in either imbalance or how boring the game plan required has to be. Dhalsim, Boxer, and Claw seem OK, too, just because they either have fireballs and poor get-off-me, or crazy safe fly-across-the-screen ability. Pretty much everyone else without a fireball looks like that T. Hawk cr. jab spam video, though, replacing cr. jab with neutral j. short, st. fierce, or whatever, depending on the character. It's like watching a SF4 match.
    My blog where I try to break games: http://cauldrath.blogspot.com/
    My videos of me trying to break games: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cauldrath
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    I hate fighting a competent sim the most.

everything you do he'll counter it. it's extremely frustrating to play a top sim.

and when you do win, it's most likely you got a lucky knockdown and force him to play a guessing game of meaty/throw/srk.

you won the round but you end up second guessing yourself. if he didn't guess wrong 3-4 times in a row, you wouldn't have won.

and when you lose (most of the time vs a top sim), you know damn sure that he did everything correctly and didn't rely on luck.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Good reply, papasi. I just don't second guess myself, I assume I got lucky or the guy screwed up and proceed. Not that it helps...
    I'm surprised that Chun doesn't get more disdain.
    Back in the WW days, I found out that Chun Li also had the psycho power. Check her far standing fierce punch: there's that glowing thing around her fist. I thought it was very cool, and tried to end every combo with that move. Most people don't know, but Chun is actually very evil.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    i hate her with passion, chun's a bitch!
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • geogeo Official Contrarian Joined: Posts: 1,291
    Yeah, I hate Chun too. 3-7 matchup for Dictator, easily.
    Just one example of ST fundamentalism on dontblowthis.com: "HDR is just another game with no relation to the Street Fighter II series" - riz0ne
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,420
    Well if you play against say Cigarbob, then yeah the player in that video is a scrub.

Uhh that was Cigarbob
  • JigglyNorrisJigglyNorris The Low Tier Hero Joined: Posts: 1,279
    It's not just online, even offline, playing against Honda is the pits. It's his tank playstyle that turns me off.

-I can't tick throw him (this is coming from someone who will tick throw your Zangief or Hawk if given the opportunity)
    -I can't rush him down (all his Specials will stop anything and everything with the quickness)
    -I can't even reliably cross him up after a knockdown (Air Tatsu is the only thing that reliably works for me as a meaty crossup and even that loses to his reversal Super sometimes)

Honda's got no chink in his armor except for fireballs. And even with a good fireball character like Ryu, it's not a free win. You gotta work hard, and I mean HARD to earn a win against good Honda players.
    Agreed with all this. And lets just throw in that pixel disadvantage he has that reduces everyone's range. No three fierce Rekka 3/4's of the time (even if it hits), kiss the supposed Typhoon Range>Ochio Range good bye, and you can pretty much forget about any kind of rushdown (meaty, tick throws, tick-dp). Four reversals, one of which is safe 100% of the time. I'm a little biased here since everybody that I enjoy playing has a hard time against Honda. That being said, just looking at his character design, whenever I see (a competent) Honda on that Vs. screen, one of two outcomes are gonna happen:
    1.Honda is going to demolish.
    2.Its going to be a long ass fight.
  • moocusmoocus internets? Joined: Posts: 869
    -I can't even reliably cross him up after a knockdown (Air Tatsu is the only thing that reliably works for me as a meaty crossup and even that loses to his reversal Super sometimes)

Edit: LOL at ppl who can't punish Ken's Super, hit him BEFORE he lands, not very hard to do.

try an intentionally late crossup. meaty crossups just get you knocked down for free.

recovery on cammy's thrust kick and chun's upkicks are just as dumb as ken's super. got to hit them in the air like blitz says
    Late cross-ups work with some characters. As a shoto, I know one gotta try as soon as he gets up: headbutts and buttslams whiff. He can beat it cleanly with close standing Fierce, though.
  • Coth_XCoth_X G(x) = (3/(1-3x)) - 3 - 3x - 27x^2 Joined: Posts: 4,340
    Uhh that was Cigarbob

Was it? It looked like cigargirl playing. I'll rewatch it.
    "The purpose of proof is to understand, not to verify." - Arnold Ross
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416 <--- Coolest Game Ever!
  • thanks_tablethanks_table double buttrape Joined: Posts: 102
    Ken > Honda > Dic

Ken just gets away with murder... Maybe it's online lag, but he basically has a license to move wildly throughout the screen;
    hurricane kick into tik throws, kneegrabs, rapid dizzying, nonstop dp's... Not to mention he deals a crazy amount of damage.
    Plus it's annoying that the only character who can properly punish Ken for whiffing a fierce dp or super is another Ken.
    He pretty much falls out of the sky and wins the throw before he even hits the ground, or comes out with yet another dp.
    Amen brother.
    Just one example of ST fundamentalism on dontblowthis.com: "HDR is just another game with no relation to the Street Fighter II series" - riz0ne
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    all you kan
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    Ken > Honda > Dic

Ken just gets away with murder... Maybe it's online lag, but he basically has a license to move wildly throughout the screen;
    hurricane kick into tik throws, kneegrabs, rapid dizzying, nonstop dp's... Not to mention he deals a crazy amount of damage.
    Plus it's annoying that the only character who can properly punish Ken for whiffing a fierce dp or super is another Ken.
    He pretty much falls out of the sky and wins the throw before he even hits the ground, or comes out with yet another dp.
    Ken's Shoryukens have just 3 landing frames, so you gotta press the button a bit earlier. With Ryu, just crouch and press forward and he will get hit as he lands. Just pick other characters and check which moves will go the right way when he crosses you.
    Ken's Shoryukens have just 3 landing frames, so you gotta press the button a bit earlier. With Ryu, just crouch and press forward and he will get hit as he lands. Just pick other characters and check which moves will go the right way when he crosses you.

Huh? I didn't even mention Ryu. Anyway, I know not to expect to win the throw against Ken when he's falling- my point is it's one of many illogical "Ken rules" you have to play by, where you teach yourself to disregard what looks rational and perform what works.
    I mentioned Ryu cos that the character I play. Any character can deal with Ken's recovery on his Fierce Shoryuken. It is just that the landing frames are just a few, and actually fewer than the game's default input delay. You can throw him just fine, but you have to press the button early. If you see him touching the ground, it is too late. If you want to combo, you just have to find out what normals will give you the correct direction.

Ken's Fierce Shoryuken and his super are actually weaknesses. Ask any Ken player that's not damdai - or anyone else who can guarantee one-button reversals - if they wouldn't love to have three jab Shoryukens in all punches, so they could piano.

Ken's strengths are agreed to be his Jab Shoryuken and knee bash mix-ups. All top Ken players use a rushdown strategy based on those, and properly spaced normals.
    Yeah I love guessing right with an hp srk and getting punished when it doesn't knock down.

-women should not be underestimated-
    It is just that the landing frames are just a few, and actually fewer than the game's default input delay. You can throw him just fine, but you have to press the button early. If you see him touching the ground, it is too late.

If Ken isn't touching the ground (and I assume we're not talking about air throws here), how on earth can he be thrown?
    Ken's Fierce Shoryuken and his super are actually weaknesses. Ask any Ken player that's not damdai - or anyone else who can guarantee one-button reversals - if they wouldn't love to have three jab Shoryukens in all punches, so they could piano.

I posted this in another room, but it's applicable to this conversation: I was using Zangief the other day (not my main character btw) and the Ken I was playing against whiffed a super. I waited for him to fall into my lap (just above Gief's head) and performed a spinning lariat. Even falling from a missed super, Ken magically went through Zangief's spinning fists and suddenly had me in his kneehold. I would consider that an example of what I'm talking about; something counter intuitive and even ridiculous that you need to learn to accept while fighting against Ken.

I'm not saying anything about strategy issues or fair or unfair- just that it's absolutely retarded- and that for reasons like the one I just described, Ken is the character I hate the most in this game.
  • cl04k3dcl04k3d Joined: Posts: 74
    Time to switch my main to Ken.
  • terror k07terror k07 Joined: Posts: 254
    blanka, vega, bison, balrog, rufus, yang, c viper
    Ken fell through the lariat because it alternates I think. And its psn, the netcode sucks.

And BR, gan was saying that sfii isn't suppose to have any input delay. Except for maybe one frame for processing?

to all sfiv players posting in this thread, THIS IS STREET FIGHTER II, BEST FIGHTING GAME EVER!.

Ken fell through the lariat because it alternates I think. And its psn, the netcode sucks.

I thought it was a fluke psn lag issue, but I set it up a few times and it consistently happened. Alternating wouldn't have been a factor because it's not like I had Zangief spinning around wildly waiting for Ken to fall into it- I opened it up clean into his face.
    I just feel like too many fishy things happen with Ken. In my opinion, when a character totally whiffs a supermove (or any big move) it should be pretty much a freebie to get some punishment in on them. It's just not the case with Ken.
    If you look at the admittedly limited personality arcs of Street Fighter characters, it's incorporated into Ken's persona that he's reckless, rebellious, and very rich, right? I think those three qualities end up being indicative of how he's played. Whatever, a lot of people love him. I happen not to.
    to all sfiv players posting in this thread, THIS IS STREET FIGHTER II, BEST FIGHTING GAME EVER!.

I'd agree that SF2 (especially HDR) is the best fighting game of all time, and Capcom vs SNK 2 and the first Marvel vs Capcom (2 and 3 are terrible) are also up there in my opinion.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,345 mod
    I hate Dan cuz he's da Man.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

i love how they hate the best character ever, Ken!

nonsense about ken's super

It is free damage when ken whiffs super. Nothing weird goes on at all. There is barely any ground recovery and hitting him out of the air isn't hard at all.

It is free damage when ken whiffs super. Nothing weird goes on at all. There is barely any ground recovery and hitting him out of the air isn't hard at all.

To say "nothing weird goes on at all" in regards to Ken's ability to recover from a missed super is actually outrageous. It sounds like you're exhibiting bias as a Ken player (which I'm only guessing you are,) even to the point of refusing to accept someone else's opinion- which has been based on actual observation.
    I've talked to a fair amount of other players, some of whom even main with Ken, who say his ability to come out with a throw or dp from a missed dp or super can get a little crazy... You're actually one of the only people I've ever talked to who has said otherwise. Maybe it's because of lag since I almost exclusively play online, but that isn't the point. This thread is called Most Hated Character, not Become Indignant When Someone Doesn't Like The Same Character as You and Then Insult Them by Referring to Their Legitimate Comment as "Nonsense". You actually had to go out of your way to change my quote to that- which is totally lame, and hyper defensive. I'm just trying to post my Most Hated Character, like everybody else.
    If Ken isn't touching the ground (and I assume we're not talking about air throws here), how on earth can he be thrown?
    The original game has 3 frames of input delay. HDR has 3-4 (Xbox360) and 7 (PS3).
    snip
    As I have said, some moves will always give the right direction. Just do either neutral jumping Fierce, splash or st.Strong, st.Short into SPD or sweep.
    And BR, gan was saying that sfii isn't suppose to have any input delay. Except for maybe one frame for processing?
    He means that it is the original game, so its delay is considered to be zero in that sense. But the moves do not come out the next frame: it takes 3 more frames for most actions, and 4 more if it is a ground normal.
    To say "nothing weird goes on at all" in regards to Ken's ability to recover from a missed super is actually outrageous.
    It is just three frames. That is short, but Guile's Flash Kick had none in WW, just like shoto's tatsus, Dictator's landing after diagonal Strong and Chun's landing after head-stomp. There are lots and lots of things which are harder to deal with than Ken's Fierce SRK and super, this is just a fact. That's why we found it weird. Ken's own Jab SRK is much more annoying, for instance.
    It is just three frames. That is short, but Guile's Flash Kick had none in WW, just like shoto's tatsus, Dictator's landing after diagonal Strong and Chun's landing after head-stomp. There are lots and lots of things which are harder to deal with than Ken's Fierce SRK and super, this is just a fact. That's why we found it weird. Ken's own Jab SRK is much more annoying, for instance.

I agree. There are definitely harder things in the game to deal with- I actually wouldn't even say Ken's freefall recover is an especially difficult thing to deal with at all. I was only saying that I've seen a lot of people waiting under a whiffing Ken to execute what looks like a much deserved throw, and then get grabbed suddenly, and it just looks retarded and illogical. Obviously with some characters it's never even an issue; shoto's for instance can just throw a dp at him as he's falling and never even think about it, especially since it's more damage to dp than do a regular throw anyway. Whatever.

Anyway. Everybody! Name the character you hate most, EXCEPT FOR KEN! NO ONE EVER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT KEN!!!!
    Yeah, lag "helps" there, too.

I dislike Ken cos he is an inferior version of my character. 8-)
    Yeah, lag "helps" there, too.

I dislike Ken cos he is an inferior version of my character. 8-)

Can I hate people that can't throw punish kens whiffed shoryukens? ;)

I think right now, I hate chun li and her hitboxes and throw range right now.

The original game has 3 frames of input delay. HDR has 3-4 (Xbox360) and 7 (PS3).

But on all platforms the amount of input delay is constant, so your advice to "hit the button earlier" still makes no sense. If Ken is in the air, he can't be thrown. If Ken is on the ground, there is a very small window to punish him.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    The best way to punish Ken's Fierce Shoryu and Super with Zangief is a Lariat. Don't wait for Ken to land, and don't do the Lariat too early either. Do it when Ken's feet touch Zangief's head. The Lariat's 1st hitbox is huge enough that Ken is guaranteed to get hit, and you get the knockdown, which allows you to setup a crossup or a tick SPD or whatever. Both Punch and Kick Lariats work fine.

punchlariat3.png
    But on all platforms the amount of input delay is constant, so your advice to "hit the button earlier" still makes no sense. If Ken is in the air, he can't be thrown. If Ken is on the ground, there is a very small window to punish him.

I think he's saying that if you're trying to ground throw, hit the button a little early, so that 2-3 frames later (input delay), the throw will activate once Ken has landed.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    ^^^ LOL hitbox!. For HDR I'm switching to gief. Snake Eyez was right, eventually I was going to make the switch.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • SlayersliceSlayerslice Joined: Posts: 1,666
    Chun-Li, Bison and Blanka
    Streetfighter X Tekken: I was raised on Tekken.
  • CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 889
    It is actually secret programming with ken, there is a special part called the ken fairy, where it saves him from death.

Also if your character has an air throw do that it works
  • superlollosuperlollo S Tier Joined: Posts: 2,967
    Vega definitely. The character itself sucks and is free to my Akuma, but I hate all the sounds he makes and his look. Also his kara throw is annoying and his ex FBA is like...unblockable online, lol!
    Things that should be patched:
    - People that constantly complain that there should be a patch.

by. J.Scogz
  • mad possummad possum Joined: Posts: 1,091
    ^ Is it me or are all SF4 players retarded? Can I name SF4 as a most hated character?
    GGPO name : madpossum
    ^ Is it me or are all SF4 players retarded? Can I name SF4 as a most hated character?

Yeah they need to somehow identify the forum on the latest posts thing.