Don's 110 Freeway Arcade: Torrance/Carson Fridays 8pm-3am: SFV,USF4,3S,A2/A3/VS,ST,HF,CVS2,&MVC2

Comments

• Ni8wingNi8wing Joined: Posts: 2,211
    Hey Don do you have wireless internet? I'd really like to stream at your place. Preferably thirds strike or super turbo if possible.

Yes I do. You'd have to go inside the arcade machine though and stream it. Sounds tricky but if you can do it would be cool:)
    Hey man we need to all introduce ourselves somehow Don. Everything is too tense, we need more laughter in that mug.

Oh ya don't worry guys. A lot of us haven't seen each other in a month so I'm sure everybody will warm up to each other again. The familiarity with each other will take care of itself. That's why I like having it weekly so that everyone starts to know everyone in a regular basis. Having said that the culture at my place has changed a little with the entry fee but I'm sure it's not that big of a change. It shouldn't affect the social aspect of my place. I think. Everything will take care of itself. All in time gentlemen. All in time. I see last Friday night as the first gathering and my reintroduction to the community. Everything will be fine.
    Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw And pined his loss.
  • JudotripJudotrip Joined: Posts: 105
    You weren't angry late night blanka were you?
    No, but that might have been Tim/ShootingBlanks :p

I was the drunk Bison.
    No, but that might have been Tim/ShootingBlanks :p

I was the drunk Bison.

Oh Tim's cool. That's just Tim. He's just a really intense guy. Tim's writing a paper about my place for his journalism class. Right now he's interviewing me and he's intense. He's asking me all these provacative and personal questions. Which is good. It feels like I'm on 60 minutes lol:p
    Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw And pined his loss.
  • LuLu SmacKsLuLu SmacKs Sleepy Time Joined: Posts: 413
    AS LONG as I can get a split signal we can stream off the composite signal.
    I like specials.
    AS LONG as I can get a split signal we can stream off the composite signal.

Check it out one of these days. I really don't know how to stream off an arcade machine. Hopefully we'll figure something out.
  • LuLu SmacKsLuLu SmacKs Sleepy Time Joined: Posts: 413
    Okay cool. Hopefully if my shipment comes in this week I can head down there to check it out.
    I like specials.
  • kainzerokainzero kimchee ii darou Joined: Posts: 437
    I probably won't show up for a while, seeing as how there's this aura that "Joe fucked everything up for us!" Plus I haven't been playing lately and I'm starting to appreciate the extra time I have.

Anyway, as far as equipment goes, I do have a capture card, so if you want to capture any video just have someone bring a laptop or computer and I'll send the capture card with Jason or Neal or someone. It can capture component and composite and we have a VGA converter so we can capture that as well.
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,213
    I probably won't show up for a while, seeing as how there's this aura that "Joe fucked everything up for us!" Plus I haven't been playing lately and I'm starting to appreciate the extra time I have.

Anyway, as far as equipment goes, I do have a capture card, so if you want to capture any video just have someone bring a laptop or computer and I'll send the capture card with Jason or Neal or someone. It can capture component and composite and we have a VGA converter so we can capture that as well.

who is this joe guy? and why do I get the feeling he sucks at sf4?
    8tROOXi.png
  • Naked_SnakeNaked_Snake Joined: Posts: 604
    I probably won't show up for a while, seeing as how there's this aura that "Joe fucked everything up for us!"

Don't know about that aura you're talking about, and I'll be the first to admit that's not anywhere in my collective of feelings for what happened.
    I probably won't show up for a while, seeing as how there's this aura that "Joe fucked everything up for us!".

I'm glad you posted bro. No it's not your fault man. To be honest with you in the recent months I was always leaning towards charging. So you had nothing to do with it. Remember you're always welcome to my place. And if you want to hang out just text me or pm me here. I thought it was time to make things fair for myself. Before I liked giving it all away for free but now it's just time for me to charge.

I think $5 is a good price for what I offer to the players. I think it's actually very generous. So don't worry it won't go any higher or any lower. It will remain at $5 as always. I think of it in terms of quarters. If each street fighter game cost a quarter to play then I think it's a bargain. And you're not only playing SSF4. You're also playing unlimited games of 3S, ST, CVS2, PF, and Vampire Savior.

What I learned from the last session is that since players are paying now they are more focused on playing the games since they have something invested. Also they are staying longer since they're trying to get the most out of it which is good because the main purpose of this is to keep people playing from 7pm-4am.

Remember there are also money matches so players have an opportunity to make something for themselves playing Street Fighter. I asked anyone last session if they wanted money matches put the vibe wasn't there. It's ok because I know I just started again and everyone has to once again get comfortable with me and the new system. The money matches are not a benefit to me but for the players. Think of mm like street racing. I'm gonna leave it at that.

And I will end with a quote from Gangs of New York.

"You said there is no boxing in the city?"
  • muzrasmuzras Joined: Posts: 232
    Don't know about that aura you're talking about, and I'll be the first to admit that's not anywhere in my collective of feelings for what happened.

never mind saw that you sold it already. U would of got a full refund with what ever you paid if you had the OG receipt. Not store credit, unless u used store credit to buy it lol.
    Mac Book Price question.

Can you let me know which one? Apple is notorious for not giving dealz. From what I remember, my brother's best friend haz a PC tech support place and would always use my brother's UCLA 10% student/faculty discount. Sometimes they have an offer for free ipod or what not and they would sell that to bring the cost down.

If you can be more specific on which model(s) I can do sum searchingz for ye.
    lolcatz frwhendz & local village idiot
    Thiz guy iz Sponsoredz by Teh Letter 'Z'. - ZombieSRK-->GDLKScrub-->FRauDLKScrubz
    never mind saw that you sold it already. U would of got a full refund with what ever you paid if you had the OG receipt. Not store credit, unless u used store credit to buy it lol

Then I guess we have some mixed information, cause a friend that's been working at a gamestop tells me it would be store credit, not money back.

Don, I'll be there this Friday, and I may let you leech a costume pack off of me if I get it. :]
    Don, I'll be there this Friday, and I may let you leech a costume pack off of me if I get it. :]

Cool. Which SSF4 alt costume do you want to see?
    I was just gonna get the entire super 4 costume pack collection for myself, and then try to get it on your PS3 through my account if that's even possible. The newer outfits coming out, I'll wait for the entire collection to be released. Not a lot of them grab me, except for Cody's orange jump suit outfit. Cheaper to buy them all in one pack anyway.
    I was just gonna get the entire super 4 costume pack collection for myself, and then try to get it on your PS3 through my account if that's even possible. The newer outfits coming out, I'll wait for the entire collection to be released. Not a lot of them grab me, except for Cody's orange jump suit outfit. Cheaper to buy them all in one pack anyway.

Is the whole entire costume pack collection out already?
  • dsinniedsinnie Joined: Posts: 4,132

No alcohol or drugs.
    I was the drunk Bison.

wow..:nono:
    Pshh I was drunk before I even got there!
  • muzrasmuzras Joined: Posts: 232
    Then I guess we have some mixed information, cause a friend that's been working at a gamestop tells me it would be store credit, not money back.

yah I think u had some mix-up on teh infoz. if you look on da back of receiptz it should let u know everything.

He probably thought you had opened copy which = trade in value(store credit) or cash for used games (80% of trade in value /20% deduction)

if it is an unopened/sealed game (must be unopened if new, okay to be opened if used lol) , a full refund is given in the form of payment u gave (30 days for new stuff/ 7 for used)
    lolcatz frwhendz & local village idiot
    Thiz guy iz Sponsoredz by Teh Letter 'Z'. - ZombieSRK-->GDLKScrub-->FRauDLKScrubz
    Pshh I was drunk before I even got there!

Dude it's cool. I don't care if people come in drunk or high. As long as they don't bring alcohol or drugs into my garage and share it with everyone or leave empty beer bottles on my neighborhood sidewalks it's fine. If you drink or get high in your car with your buddies it's fine. That happens all the time.

It's funny actually. There are a lot of people who come to my place and smell like weed and there are a lot of guys who come back from the bars in Hermosa or Manhattan that come to my place to sober up. They just sit there and watch games while they sober up. For me that's cool actually because I don't want guys driving home drunk. I like helping out. I rather have them sit there on the stool watching street fighter for a couple of hours while they get their senses back. This place is built to absorb all the wonderful Friday night So Cal lifestyle. Some people use it to play games. Some people use it to sober up after going to the bar. Some people use it as a pit stop before they take their girl to the beach. Some people use it as a place to eat their In N Out. It's all good in the hood.

So good times to all.
    Which also brings up a good point.

You guys could also money match for In N Out lol.
  • dsinniedsinnie Joined: Posts: 4,132
    Which also brings up a good point.

You guys could also money match for In N Out lol.

Real men Money Match for Baconators..
    Don, about the costumes: The full pack of alt costumes for Super Street Fighter 4 have been out, only like 18 dollars. The new ones coming out for the Arcade version are being released in packs of five, so no full pack of them yet.
  • Pk LovePk Love Joined: Posts: 12
    Aight dude I texted you :D I wanna playyyy
    Don, about the costumes: The full pack of alt costumes for Super Street Fighter 4 have been out, only like 18 dollars. The new ones coming out for the Arcade version are being released in packs of five, so no full pack of them yet.

Cool.
    Aight dude I texted you :D I wanna playyyy

Come on over this Friday any time between 7pm-4am. You could bring as many friends as you want. The more the merrier.
    Just learned a new match up. Blankas beware. More 3s you guys!
    8tROOXi.png
    Have you decided to buckle down with a character for Super 4 Lenin, or are you just playing the field with whomever right now? I'm torn between Cody and Ken right now. :(
  • mezzedupdreammezzedupdream Joined: Posts: 111
    ken is a beast
  • SuupaaSuupaa #1 Chief Rocka. Joined: Posts: 474
    Just saw this thread, and I'm fiending bad for some people to play 3s with, and maybe to pick up ssf4 (shudders).

I'll send you a text Don!
    Imma wash up, Imma wash up and be like...BYAAAH!

The y.b.g. Faction:

Naysayism/DJ Suupaa/Neiman/Nastradamus/nyteblitZ
    more 3s! hooray!
    8tROOXi.png
    More 3S to balance my Super. I'm cool wit dat. Lenin, you gotta level me up more. :(

I'LL BUY YOU TACOS.
  • SymbolicSymbolic Wicked Mercenary Joined: Posts: 944
    Did I hear...TACOS?!!!!!!!!!!!
    Turkish Royal.
    Why, yes, you did hear ( One dollar ) Tacos ( from Jack in the Box )!
  • SymbolicSymbolic Wicked Mercenary Joined: Posts: 944
    They was free yesterday.
    Turkish Royal.
    You know. I heard about that in the morning on the radio, and completely forgot to take advantage of it. Son of a bitch.
    Just saw this thread, and I'm fiending bad for some people to play 3s with, and maybe to pick up ssf4 (shudders).

I'll send you a text Don!

Ya sure text me.

Come over this Friday. You could bring as many people with you as you want. The more the merrier.
    We shall have a gathering tomorrow between 7pm-4am. Everyone and anyone is invited. The more the merrier. Anyone new please text me if you're interested.
    We shall have a gathering tonight between 7pm-4am. Everyone knows now about the $5 Electricity E fee. I'll be going around the garages to collect them so please everyone be ready to hand it to me when I ask for it. Anyone and everyone is invited. You can bring friends with you if you want. The more the merrier. Anyone new please text me at 310 344 9367.

Hope to see y'all here. Drive safely.
  • LvangundyLvangundy Joined: Posts: 791
    I'll be there with 2 or 3 friends.
    My heart is in SF, but my genetics aren't.
    http://99secondfight.blogspot.com
    I'll be there with 2 or 3 friends.

Cool. Welcome back Lee. Long time no see. Hope your friends will like it. Drive safe.
  • LainySkyLainySky PBC - Tier C Joined: Posts: 1,227
    Don, a couple questions:
    1) Has Shane been in for the past couple sessions? (well, I'm including tonight's, since I'm assuming you won't see this until after the session) I need to money match him :/ FT50 or something if we somehow could manage to pull that off without you noticing.
    and
    2) Are the Christmas lights up yet? I need to come down and see them. Obviously not today or next week, but the week after that, I might be able to come down. Let me know!
    AI | LainierSkyDivineJenixJinkenDay QT

Tatsu is my goddess
    the one that owns my soul
    and beats me at every AI tournament
    Don, a couple questions:
    1) Has Shane been in for the past couple sessions? (well, I'm including tonight's, since I'm assuming you won't see this until after the session) I need to money match him :/ FT50 or something if we somehow could manage to pull that off without you noticing.
    and
    2) Are the Christmas lights up yet? I need to come down and see them. Obviously not today or next week, but the week after that, I might be able to come down. Let me know!

Hey Lainy

Shizza texted me around SCR that he was taking a break from SF. I don't know how long his break is. So it's most likely he won't join us tonight. But there are days where he shows up and I wasn't expecting him so you never know. But I'm not expecting him tonight but it would be cool if he did show up tonight. So it's random.

Christmas lights go up the day after Thanksgiving:). Hopefully by the start of December everything will be lit up. I'll keep you posted about that.

And no Lainy, your badass Viper must not die. You must keep it alive and thriving. I wish I could take your Viper from you if you don't want it.
    Good stuff last night. Jason ( I think was your name, i'm on 3 hours of sleep now because of retards ), I appreciate the little talk we had with getting into Super; Neil, I'm gonna wanna pick your brain another time here with some character specific stuff.

Holy god i miss sleep.
    Thank you all for showing up and joining me last night. I appreciate it. I hope everyone thought it was worth it and had fun.

I will be holding it again this Friday even though it's the Friday after Thanksgiving.

In the mean time everyone have a great weekend and a great Holiday.

Turkey gobble gobble.

I hate turkey I hope my family gets roast beef.
  • SpineragaSpineraga Joined: Posts: 78
    Yea fun stuff Don, thx to Chun for Akuma tips I forgot your name again >_<.

SOME DAY I WILL REMEMBER NAMES!
    Oh the official headcount last night was 17. Last week was around the same with 16. Same number but a different group of faces.

So we should expect 16-17 people on the average every night. Which is great. I just wanted to announce the number just to inform the community that there is still a good amount of ppl playing here so that it's worth it.

Thank you all for contributing. I appreciate it.
    Good stuff as always.

Hats off to Alice for the utter destruction of the entire crew. Did anyone manage to beat her?
    I think the angry reporter beat her, but not without a slur of "FUCKS. SHITS. FUCK." That was actually good comedic value, LOL.

.. I'm so not ready to tackle those kind of beasts in Super.
    .. Yet!
  • aznc0ffe388aznc0ffe388 getting baited Joined: Posts: 97
    that shit was hella games hella practice hella dope, thanks don
    eternally losing quarters
    Naked_Snake, I know I'm lame for not remembering... but who are you?
  • resresresres jason Joined: Posts: 450
    Good stuff last night. Jason ( I think was your name, i'm on 3 hours of sleep now because of retards ), I appreciate the little talk we had with getting into Super; Neil, I'm gonna wanna pick your brain another time here with some character specific stuff.

Holy god i miss sleep.
    Yeah no problem. If you ask you will get answers. Some people don't ask so they get stuck losing.
    Yea fun stuff Don, thx to Chun for Akuma tips I forgot your name again >_<.

SOME DAY I WILL REMEMBER NAMES!
    Blonde Afro is his handle.

I wanted to stop Alice's win streak but it was more fun watching Tim frustrated. I did manage to get the guy with the 61-win streak.

Andrew kinda hinted at MMing me... let me know if you still want to. I'll bring $$ next time.

ggs to lenin in 3s. I felt like every time I got a round off you, it was because of a random mgb.