Don's 110 Freeway Arcade: Torrance/Carson Fridays 8pm-3am: SFV,USF4,3S,A2/A3/VS,ST,HF,CVS2,&MVC2

Comments

• GaspGasp | | | | | Joined: Posts: 4,611
    DC is ass.
    98 arcade and ps2.
    Lunchtime Shopper
  • JudotripJudotrip Joined: Posts: 105
    I'll be going around to collect the E fee
    Rave at Don's!!
  • Ni8wingNi8wing Joined: Posts: 2,211
    Thank you everyone for joining me tonight/early morning. It was awesome as always. A lot of fun. We had 16 ppl tonight which was great.

Tekken 6 was modest. It did well in the first half of the session but for the other half it was dead so I changed it to SSF4 since there were a couple of ppl waiting for a game and the setup wasn't being used.

Having said all that I'll leave Tekken 6 in and try it for a while.

So everyone have a great weekend and we will do this all over again next Friday:)
    Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw And pined his loss.
  • kainzerokainzero kimchee ii darou Joined: Posts: 437
    so now i really gotta play simon's quest? ugh
  • LvangundyLvangundy Joined: Posts: 791
    Had a lot of fun and met some new people! Thx Don and gg's
    My heart is in SF, but my genetics aren't.
    http://99secondfight.blogspot.com
    i now prosess dracula's nail, on the last mansion

it was a lot easier than i thought, but it's still really annoying.
    dropping garlic in the graveyard
  • NostalgeeseNostalgeese Joined: Posts: 7
    It was fun meeting everyone last night. First time actually playing person to person instead of online. Need to definitely improve my game against sakura and chuns. bane of my existence :wgrin:
  • JnanaJnana Beatboy Joined: Posts: 556
    GGs to everyone last night both in SF and Tekken
    Jnana; it rhymes with ya mama
    SSF4: Guy
    T6: Devil Jin
    i now prosess dracula's nail, on the last mansion

it was a lot easier than i thought, but it's still really annoying.
    dropping garlic in the graveyard

Wow I'm impressed. So how'd you find everything? What website? You know you're still halfway through the Konami gauntlet. You gotta play Goonies II after:P
    GGs to everyone last night both in SF and Tekken

Your Guy is so awesome. I'm stealing it:p Those combos are so pretty. It's like an Alpha 3 Guy. I didn't know Guy could still play like that.
    Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw And pined his loss.
  • davidkong07davidkong07 Scrub Random.Ultra.David. Joined: Posts: 815
    ggs last night to all, hope to see everyone back after the holidays!
    SCRUB R.U.D.
    A random ultra is like Sex Panther, 60% of the time, it works everytime.
    Wow I'm impressed. So how'd you find everything? What website? You know you're still halfway through the Konami gauntlet. You gotta play Goonies II after:P
    I found everything through memory, when I was a kid I read strategy guides all the time but I never played through the game. I completed it earlier today, I only got the good ending, not the best one.

Ugh, Goonies 2, the awesome game where you punch and hammer random walls.
  • tonycrusttonycrust never sleeps Joined: Posts: 333
    Thanks again, Don. GGs everyone.
    They were all, the living and the dead, becoming shadows.
    I found everything through memory, when I was a kid I read strategy guides all the time but I never played through the game. I completed it earlier today, I only got the good ending, not the best one.

Ugh, Goonies 2, the awesome game where you punch and hammer random walls.

Congrats on beating Simon's Quest. I wish you played the game without knowing where anything is.

But Goonies 2 is difficult. Let's see if your memory remembers that. Yes it's that game where you have to hit walls with your hands or a hammer.

I also like Friday the 13th where you have to find Jason. That's a hard game too. Also very scary.
    There isnt a thread for it so I'll just post this here...

Good games at Red Eye Fight Nights 4. Interesting setup, gave it an oldschool feel.

GGs Jnana and Jason.

Good games at Red Eye Fight Nights 4. Interesting setup, gave it an oldschool feel.

GGs Jnana and Jason.

Wasn't there a tournament at Buffalo Wild Wings at Del Amo also this past weekend? Did anyone go to that? Who would've known that Torrance would become a place for SF again. Resurrecting Alladin's Castle!!
  • LainySkyLainySky PBC - Tier C Joined: Posts: 1,227
    Secret of the Monkey Island?
    AI | LainierSkyDivineJenixJinkenDay QT

Tatsu is my goddess
    the one that owns my soul
    and beats me at every AI tournament
    Your Guy is so awesome. I'm stealing it:p Those combos are so pretty. It's like an Alpha 3 Guy. I didn't know Guy could still play like that.

It only looks so awesome because nobody knows the matchup, but his combos will always be pretty :)

GGs Jnana and Jason.

There actually is a thread for it: http://shoryuken.com/f24/red-eye-fight-nights-4-dec-4th-258331/

GGs though, we need to get a rematch
  • GaspGasp | | | | | Joined: Posts: 4,611
    i heard you guys just run away all day in super
    Lunchtime Shopper
    Wasn't there a tournament at Buffalo Wild Wings at Del Amo also this past weekend? Did anyone go to that? Who would've known that Torrance would become a place for SF again. Resurrecting Alladin's Castle!!
    Apparently no one really went to the Buffalo Wild Wings tourny, at least, that's what I heard at Red Eye.
    There actually is a thread for it: http://shoryuken.com/f24/red-eye-fight-nights-4-dec-4th-258331/

GGs though, we need to get a rematch
    Any time man, playing against you is always fun and a challenge.
  • davidkong07davidkong07 Scrub Random.Ultra.David. Joined: Posts: 815
    yo judotrip, what was red eye like? what was the setup?
    SCRUB R.U.D.
    A random ultra is like Sex Panther, 60% of the time, it works everytime.
    yo judotrip, what was red eye like? what was the setup?

2 setups (JoontheBaboon brings the second setup) on ps3. One is on CTR. Competition varies because there are some new faces that come and go and also because there are people at alot of different skill levels. Only complaint i have is the room size which only fits about 17 people and that's squeezing it.

Oh and since it's at a liquor store (not a bar), the host (Joe) offers discounted drinks.
  • FreakmastaFreakmasta Joined: Posts: 33
    Couldn't go last week but definitely will try to go this week.
    Couldn't go last week but definitely will try to go this week.

Come on over.

It's most likely that I'm gonna shut down for two weeks during the holidays. I'm gonna shut down on Friday December 24th (Christmas Eve) and Friday December 31st (New Years Eve).

So these next two weeks will probably be the last two weeks of the year for the Arcade. I hope I see a lot of you for the next two weeks:)

Happy Holidays:)
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,213
    hey don, I've been practicing Dudley.

by watching videos of course
    8tROOXi.png
    hey don, I've been practicing Dudley.

by watching videos of course

Uh oh.

Oh wait...for 3S, SSF4, or both?

Either way good job bro.
    We shall have a gathering tomorrow starting at 7pm:)
  • muzrasmuzras Joined: Posts: 232
    hey Don can you take me off the text list please. I know about the meet ups & pretty soon not gonna have a text plan that is free/unlimited text. But u can text if it is something different from the normal friday invite.

Btw r any of u guyz going to teh MAHVEL VS CAPCOM arcadez & foodz thing in LA on saturday? ^_^
    lolcatz frwhendz & local village idiot
    Thiz guy iz Sponsoredz by Teh Letter 'Z'. - ZombieSRK-->GDLKScrub-->FRauDLKScrubz
    hey Don can you take me off the text list please. I know about the meet ups & pretty soon not gonna have a text plan that is free/unlimited text. But u can text if it is something different from the normal friday invite.

Btw r any of u guyz going to teh MAHVEL VS CAPCOM arcadez & foodz thing in LA on saturday? ^_^

No problem bro. I totally understand. Anyone else who doesn't want the Friday reminder texts please post up here so I know. But I apologize if I send you one today because I missed your post here. But if you post up I will know in the future.

So today we shall have our gathering from 7pm-4am. Anyone and everyone is invited. The more the merrier. I'll be going around to collect the E fee so please have it ready for me. Anyone new please text me at 310 344 9367.

Also if you care the Christmas lights are up.

And even though the film Black Swan sucks, Natalie Portman is hot as hell. (Spoiler) Mila Kunis goes down on Natalie Portman in the film. Only reason to watch it.

So I hope to see y'all tonight. Drive safely.
    Oh ya just to let everyone know, this Friday (Today) and next Friday are the last two sessions of the year and then I'm gonna shut down for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. So please come over these next two weeks if you can:)

Natalie Portman:)
  • resresresres jason Joined: Posts: 450
    Can you take me off the Friday txt message list too?

Also, I won't be able to make it over the next two weeks. =p
    Can you take me off the Friday txt message list too?

Also, I won't be able to make it over the next two weeks. =p

No:p. Jk I will. I heard that your birthday is coming up? When? Happy Birthday in advanced:)
    Joey Dubbs and five other ppl are here:)

And a lot of Xmas lights:p
    Thank you all for spending your Friday night with me. We had a small group of ten ppl but it was fun as always. It's the holidays and finals so it's understandable that a lot of people have other obligations. But it was fun never the less and I appreciate everyone who showed up. It was great seeing Joey Dubbs, Symbolic, and Kainzero after a long absence.

So next session will be the last session of the year. I will be shutting down for Xmas and New Years. Everyone show up this next session so we can end the first year of Don's Arcade on a extravagant note:)
  • Super PhamicomSuper Phamicom Joined: Posts: 96
    Hey Don, sorry to spam your thread, but just wanted to let any South Bay peeps know about my gf's garage sale today. It's from 8am to 1pm, here's the address:

6727 Alta Vista Dr., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275

Don, if you're available you should come by!
    Hey Don, sorry to spam your thread, but just wanted to let any South Bay peeps know about my gf's garage sale today. It's from 8am to 1pm, here's the address:

6727 Alta Vista Dr., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275

Don, if you're available you should come by!

My bad John. I woke up at 1pm. I hope it went well today:)
    Always fun, worth the $5 to come play with cool people.

Don our mega match at the end of the night was good. That definitely came to the level of playing the person and not the character.
    Alice's dudley is coming along nicely (no, I didn't use that taunt in an offensive way, I was trying to do a taunt #2 > 360 LOL)
    Justin's Chun = impossible.
    To the Gen player. I hope AE works out well for you, I feel like you and I are the odd ones out with our characters, we try super hard and do a lot of work with so-so abilities. Oh-you'll always stick out in my mind (in a good way) as the first person I landed a walking 720 on. That was epic.
    Jeremy's Cammy gets better each time I see it.
    GGs
  • aznc0ffe388aznc0ffe388 getting baited Joined: Posts: 97
    gg's everyone
    that gen player was godlike. i had no idea gen had that many tricks godDAMN
    eternally losing quarters
    Who wants to buy a Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper Fighting cabinet from me for $400? It's nice. There's a new monitor in it.
  • Dash'MBFDash'MBF now with more HooBangin' Joined: Posts: 359
    Fucking Aye, someone jump on that shit ASAP!

I would if i didn't already own one....

HF not gettin any love??
    September is almost here......
    Fucking Aye, someone jump on that shit ASAP!

I would if i didn't already own one....

HF not gettin any love??

Maybe HF is too old for the SSF4 crowd. It's an antique lol. But still holds up today IMO. It was a game where ppl paid a quarter for 20 seconds. (Just like my cousin when he went to TJ this past weekend lol:P) He's gonna kill me if he reads this.
  • LainySkyLainySky PBC - Tier C Joined: Posts: 1,227
    Emma Watson <3

Just sayin'
    AI | LainierSkyDivineJenixJinkenDay QT

Tatsu is my goddess
    the one that owns my soul
    and beats me at every AI tournament
  • SanchezSanchez Needs More Powerbomb Joined: Posts: 3,156
    Emma Watson <3

Just sayin'

I agree with this.
    Passion and Gradualness.
    Emma Watson <3

Just sayin'

I concur as well:)
    We shall have a gathering tomorrow. This is the last gathering of the year. I'm shutting down for the holidays and will reopen next year. Anyone and everyone is invited. Anyone new who's never been here before text me at 310 344 9367. Hope to see y'all tomorrow.
    i beat goonies 2.

that game was even dumber than simon's quest!

at least simon's quest had more hints.
    no punching walls or punching old women till they give you a candle.
    i beat goonies 2.

that game was even dumber than simon's quest!

at least simon's quest had more hints.
    no punching walls or punching old women till they give you a candle.

Good job. Next stop Ghost N Goblins without the warp code. Beat that and I shall say no more.
    Lolo's Adventures!

(not Grandpa LOL)
    Lolo's Adventures!

(not Grandpa LOL)

Lol I didn't know you were Filipino too Lee:) Awesome.

We shall have the last gathering of the year tonight at 7pm. Everyone and anybody is invited. I hope everyone shows up for the last session of the year. I'll be going around to collect the E fee so please have it ready when I ask. Anyone new please text me at 310 344 9367. Hope to see y'all tonight.
    Last session of the year!!!

We have TVC!!!! Tekken 6 is up as well!!!!
  • luitenantsurgeluitenantsurge Joined: Posts: 283
    Who wants to buy a Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper Fighting cabinet from me for $400? It's nice. There's a new monitor in it.

If no hope save it for me. only got a few more hundreds to go. if someone beats you to it after the holidays let me know man
    Gentleman's Games please.