Don's Arcade: Torrance/Carson Fridays 8pm-3am

Comments

• Ni8wingNi8wing Joined: Posts: 2,231
    So my Puzzle Fighter got fucked up. Had to replace it with The Punisher. Which is a freakin awesome game. Just beat the game today:)
    Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw And pined his loss.
    And the Punisher does a flash kick it's awesome.
    Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw And pined his loss.
  • Naked_SnakeNaked_Snake Joined: Posts: 604
    Nooo, not the puzzle fighter! Makes me glad I have it on the PS1 still.

And I still need to get time to make another trip here, or to play some AE.
    Dumb doubles.
    Nooo, not the puzzle fighter! Makes me glad I have it on the PS1 still.

And I still need to get time to make another trip here, or to play some AE.

The cabs ok but the board is messed up. It can be fixed.
  • donaldducktmdonaldducktm A Higher Donald Duck! Joined: Posts: 2,030
    Sorry, sorry, so sorry:(

I put two of my Marvel Vs Capcom 2 cabinets at Ziggy's Smoke Shop across the from El Camino Community College. I own them still but I put them in a store so that the college kids could play them.

When it was in my garage no one was playing it so I figure just see how they'll do in a store.

Next month MVC3 comes out and I will have two set ups for it. So the next month I will have two SSF4 set ups and two MVC3 set ups.

What's your opinion on the new MVC3 coming out? Like it or hate it? I know some MVC2 players hate it.
    oh wow, you put the cab at the smoke shop? SWEET, I used to play at the Comic Store back in the day. When Marvel 3 comes out, i'll be sure to stop by.
    donaldducktm: what are some good "setups" to ask a girl to prom?
    Originally posted by RandomNigga
    Call sent ground, triangle dash behind her. If she turns around to confront you and not get crossed-up, leave her be; the pussy is on lock. If she gets hit by drones and passes out, rape her; all the fun of prom with no expense. If she takes three from sent in the face and is still conscious, claim her; she's a keeper.

What should you expect from shrooming?
    Originally posted by chair_home
    You'll grow to about twice your regular size, but strangely, your overalls and plumber's hat will grow to fit you too. If you pick up any flowers, you'll be able to throw fireballs, but watch out for turtles and potatoes with feet, touching them will revert you to your original size.
    *cough*.
    oh wow, you put the cab at the smoke shop?

Two MVC2 cabs at the smoke shop:)
    Tomorrow we shall have a gathering. Everyone is invited. The more the merrier. Anyone new who is interested please text me at 310 344 9367. Hope to see you tomorrow.
  • jtrgmrjtrgmr Joined: Posts: 472
    Heyo Don, I'll be bringing TvC + the cables + stick + controller tomorrow. I apologize for not coming last week, but some things came up at the last minute.

On that note, if anyone has a Wii stick, could they bring it tomorrow? I only have one useable at the moment.
    Don't mind me, I'm just here.
    Working on UMvC3 tricks!
    Always willing to play puzzle games!
    Heyo Don, I'll be bringing TvC + the cables + stick + controller tomorrow. I apologize for not coming last week, but some things came up at the last minute.

On that note, if anyone has a Wii stick, could they bring it tomorrow? I only have one useable at the moment.

Thank you for bringing the stuff:)

You don't have to apologize for not being able to make it last week. You come over when you can:)

Btw. Looking forward to MVC3?
  • FreakmastaFreakmasta Joined: Posts: 33
    Dunno about tomorrow. Got myself Arcana Heart 3 (girl-on-girl 2D fighting game) AND + I got work early Sat. morning.
    Dunno about tomorrow. Got myself Arcana Heart 3 (girl-on-girl 2D fighting game) AND + I got work early Sat. morning.

It's ok. Come over when you can and good luck with the new job:)

Tonight from 7pm-3am we are having a gathering tonight. Yes I pushed the closing time up to 3am because going to 4am these days seems too long. I don't know if the earth is rotating slower around the sun or what. So we shall end tonight at 3am. Everyone and everyone is invited. The more the merrier. I'll be going around to collect the $5 E fee so please have it ready when I ask you for it. Anyone new please text me at 310 344 9367. Only a month more for Marvel and we shall be playing a new game at this place. It's been a while since we had a new game to freshen things up. Hope to see you all there.
    Yep Don, I'm looking forward to playing MvC3 as much as the next guy =D. It'll be fun to see how I can fare against everyone else when the game drops Feb. 15th.

I'll be getting off of work at 7p, so I'll be there around 8:30ish. With the TvC stuff.
    Working on UMvC3 tricks!
    I'll be getting off of work at 7p, so I'll be there around 8:30ish. With the TvC stuff.

No problem. Get here when ever you can.
    Wow only three people showed up tonight. I guess it was because of West Coast Warzone. It's ok. Things like this happen sometime. Last West Coast Warzone a lot of people showed up to my place but it wasn't the case this year. It's cool. It was fun for me because I got to play a lot tonight. I played many games of SSF4, ST, and 3S with my guests. Never played that much in a long time.

Thank you Dime, Jtrgmr, and Mcloud for joining me.

Let's try this again next Friday. In the mean time everyone have a good weekend:)
  • SecretCharacterSecretCharacter Joined: Posts: 259
    Wow only three people showed up tonight. I guess it was because of West Coast Warzone. It's ok. Things like this happen sometime. Last West Coast Warzone a lot of people showed up to my place but it wasn't the case this year. It's cool. It was fun for me because I got to play a lot tonight. I played many games of SSF4, ST, and 3S with my guests. Never played that much in a long time.

Thank you Dime, Jtrgmr, and Mcloud for joining me.

Let's try this again next Friday. In the mean time everyone have a good weekend:)

Had the same thing on Thursday. 3 people showed. Props to Dime for reppin both nights!
    Had the same thing on Thursday. 3 people showed. Props to Dime for reppin both nights!

It's all good. MVC3 is around the corner. Hopefully people will show up again.

Thanks Dime:)
    It's all good. MVC3 is around the corner. Hopefully people will show up again.

That's basically my agenda at this point. Gonna spend as much time as I can in the lab breaking in the Hulk duo.
    That's basically my agenda at this point. Gonna spend as much time as I can in the lab breaking in the Hulk duo.

I'm not playing MVC3 but I'll have it there because I'm a Capcom fanboy. And as Lebron would say about The Decision, "I do it for the kids".
    Tomorrow we shall have a gathering. Hope y'all can make it. Anyone new who is interested please text me at 310 344 9367.
  • GalzGalz Joined: Posts: 869
    I'd like to go. I'm not sure about tomorrow though, because I'm getting over a gnarly cold -- don't wanna spread my germs. Text incoming~~~~
    I'd like to go. I'm not sure about tomorrow though, because I'm getting over a gnarly cold -- don't wanna spread my germs. Text incoming~~~~

I texted you back bro. But get well if you're sick. I hold these every Friday so if you can't make it, there's always next week.
  • Dash'MBFDash'MBF now with more HooBangin' Joined: Posts: 359
    Did the Puzzle fighter suicide on you?
    September is almost here......
  • LainySkyLainySky PBC - Tier C Joined: Posts: 1,227
    Jason just gave me an idea
    Don, I might be coming down to run a MM.
    AI | LainierSkyDivineJenixJinkenDay QT

Tatsu is my goddess
    the one that owns my soul
    and beats me at every AI tournament
    Did the Puzzle fighter suicide on you?

My Puzzle Fighter is Phoenixed. All my CPS-2 boards are Phoenixed. There are those times when I do start my CPS-2 boards up and they act like they're dead. And then I turn them back on the next day it comes back on. It's so weird and random. I wonder what the problem is. Is it a power issue?
    Jason just gave me an idea
    Don, I might be coming down to run a MM.

Awesome. Lainy might be back. Ya let me see what you came up with when it comes to MM.
  • SpineragaSpineraga Joined: Posts: 78
    I can come tomorrow! SO excited to play at Don's arcade again, what are the console setups?
    I can come tomorrow! SO excited to play at Don's arcade again, what are the console setups?

Hey. Same as before two PS3's and two Xboxes all SSF4. And of course the arcade machines.

We shall have a gathering tonight starting at 7pm and ending at 3am. Everyone is invited. The more the merrier. I'll be going around to collect the $5 E fee so please have it ready when I ask. Anyone new please text me at 310 344 9367.
    Thanks Don for hosting and nice meetin ya. Shouts out to Lee and Shaney(?) -ggz. cy'all next time and I hope to meet more of u. And play cvs2 maybe -- lol.
  • LvangundyLvangundy Joined: Posts: 791
    Hey! thanks for having us Don. Always fun.
    My heart is in SF, but my genetics aren't.
    http://99secondfight.blogspot.com
    good stuff last night Don. Hope you're feeling better next week.
    Working on UMvC3 tricks!
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    I miss you guys. I'll try to come by sometime soon!
    8tROOXi.png
    Thanks everyone for showing up last night.

I don't know what happened. I started feeling sick at 6:30 and then got progressively worse and worse as the night went on. So to make sure that no one would catch what I had, I quarantined myself in my living room the whole night watching TV.

So thank you to all for being respectful to my place while I was away for the most part. You guys are the best.

Still sick as a dog.
  • strider86strider86 Aladdins castle/shgl Joined: Posts: 531
    Get well pare, wanted to say bye to ya but i guess that's when u started feeling sick. 3 weeks away for MVC3 and will be having a NEW CHALLENGER soon. Let's bring the hype back to torrance :)
    UMVC3: Nova Dorm Strider/Mag Vergil Sentinel player
    Injustice: DeathStroke/Flash/Catwoman
    What does "Oni" mean?
  • Ark ImpulseArk Impulse 無月 Joined: Posts: 638
    What does "Oni" mean?

?, or Oni, is a term that roughly translates to demon.

Oni (folklore) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would like to own that Akuma figurine made by that guy in the Phillippines and put it on my lawn.
    We shall have a gathering tonight from 7pm-3am. Everyone is invited. The more the merrier. I'll be going around to collect the E fee so have it ready for me. Anyone new interested please text me at 310 344 9367.

Hope to see y'all tonight.
    Can't make it today but I should be good to go for next week. Enjoy.
    Can't make it tonight as well. Last night was too much for me (Jack n' Coke + goin' to bed at 05:00 and waking at 10:00). Need to rest up.
    Thank you everyone for joining the gathering last night. Had a blast. MVC3 in two weeks.

So let's try this again next Friday. In the meantime everyone have a good weekend:)
  • LvangundyLvangundy Joined: Posts: 791
    Even with just a few people there last night it's still fun. Damn Dime...it's like 50/50 now :) :)
    My heart is in SF, but my genetics aren't.
    http://99secondfight.blogspot.com
    So how is Makoto in AE? I only played AE 3 times. I read she is top ten in the tier list. How is she different then in SSF4.

I also read that Viper is up there too.
    What little I've read so far is that she plays a bit more like her 3rd Strike self. And EX Dash Punch breaking armor, something I remember bitching about that's how it shoulda been in Super with you Don, plus ultra 2, the off the wall ultra, is stupid fast.

I'm probably gonna head out to AI or Round 1 some time this week after the MVC3 Hollywood event to get my hands nice and dirty with AE. :]
    What little I've read so far is that she plays a bit more like her 3rd Strike self. And EX Dash Punch breaking armor, something I remember bitching about that's how it shoulda been in Super with you Don, plus ultra 2, the off the wall ultra, is stupid fast.

I'm probably gonna head out to AI or Round 1 some time this week after the MVC3 Hollywood event to get my hands nice and dirty with AE. :]

Interesting. So maybe Makoto is back.
    Tomorrow we shall have a gathering from 7pm-3am. Anyone new interested please text me at 310 344 9367. Anyone and everyone is invited. The more the merrier. Hope to see you.
    I'm down for tomorrow night.
  • dsinniedsinnie Joined: Posts: 4,132
    your all free.
    We shall have a gathering tonight from 7pm-3am. Anyone new interested please text me at 310 344 9367 or PM me. I'll be going around to collect the E fee so please have it ready when I ask for it. Anyone and everyone is invited. The more the merrier. Hope to see you.
    should be there
    Thank you all for showing up.

Thank you Lee, Ralph, Galzpanic, Jtrgmr, Steele, Dime, Tim, Jordon, Joe, Shawn, Alex, and Josh. Yes Josh from way back in the day.

Thank you all for joining the gathering tonight.

I just want to say with the return of Josh all is forgiven all around and we all have come full circle. This February we are now in the second year of Don's Arcade. So for the first year yes I had drama with a lot of people but since it was the first year of getting to know everyone I think we worked out all the beef we had with each other and everything is fine. All communities have drama but I'm glad after the first year everyone worked everything out. I'm glad everyone is getting along now. We have a great community here with a lot of history now. And even though we had our differences it's great that we all can move forward.

So it's a new era in Don's Arcade. The age of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is upon us. Let's have fun.

I hope I shall see a lot of you who are MIA return back soon. It's going to be an exciting time again.

Everyone have a great weekend:)