Don's Arcade aka Astro City: Torrance/Carson Fridays 8pm-3am

Comments

• SymbolicSymbolic Wicked Mercenary Joined: Posts: 944
    Did I hear...TACOS?!!!!!!!!!!!
    Turkish Royal.
  • Naked_SnakeNaked_Snake Joined: Posts: 604
    Why, yes, you did hear ( One dollar ) Tacos ( from Jack in the Box )!
  • SymbolicSymbolic Wicked Mercenary Joined: Posts: 944
    They was free yesterday.
    Turkish Royal.
    You know. I heard about that in the morning on the radio, and completely forgot to take advantage of it. Son of a bitch.
  • Ni8wingNi8wing Joined: Posts: 2,268
    Just saw this thread, and I'm fiending bad for some people to play 3s with, and maybe to pick up ssf4 (shudders).

I'll send you a text Don!

Ya sure text me.

Come over this Friday. You could bring as many people with you as you want. The more the merrier.
    Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw And pined his loss.
    We shall have a gathering tomorrow between 7pm-4am. Everyone and anyone is invited. The more the merrier. Anyone new please text me if you're interested.
    Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw And pined his loss.
    We shall have a gathering tonight between 7pm-4am. Everyone knows now about the $5 Electricity E fee. I'll be going around the garages to collect them so please everyone be ready to hand it to me when I ask for it. Anyone and everyone is invited. You can bring friends with you if you want. The more the merrier. Anyone new please text me at 310 344 9367.

Hope to see y'all here. Drive safely.
  • LvangundyLvangundy Joined: Posts: 791
    I'll be there with 2 or 3 friends.
    My heart is in SF, but my genetics aren't.
    http://99secondfight.blogspot.com
    I'll be there with 2 or 3 friends.

Cool. Welcome back Lee. Long time no see. Hope your friends will like it. Drive safe.
  • LainySkyLainySky PBC - Tier C Joined: Posts: 1,227
    Don, a couple questions:
    1) Has Shane been in for the past couple sessions? (well, I'm including tonight's, since I'm assuming you won't see this until after the session) I need to money match him :/ FT50 or something if we somehow could manage to pull that off without you noticing.
    and
    2) Are the Christmas lights up yet? I need to come down and see them. Obviously not today or next week, but the week after that, I might be able to come down. Let me know!
    AI | LainierSkyDivineJenixJinkenDay QT

Tatsu is my goddess
    the one that owns my soul
    and beats me at every AI tournament
    Don, a couple questions:
    1) Has Shane been in for the past couple sessions? (well, I'm including tonight's, since I'm assuming you won't see this until after the session) I need to money match him :/ FT50 or something if we somehow could manage to pull that off without you noticing.
    and
    2) Are the Christmas lights up yet? I need to come down and see them. Obviously not today or next week, but the week after that, I might be able to come down. Let me know!

Hey Lainy

Shizza texted me around SCR that he was taking a break from SF. I don't know how long his break is. So it's most likely he won't join us tonight. But there are days where he shows up and I wasn't expecting him so you never know. But I'm not expecting him tonight but it would be cool if he did show up tonight. So it's random.

Christmas lights go up the day after Thanksgiving:). Hopefully by the start of December everything will be lit up. I'll keep you posted about that.

And no Lainy, your badass Viper must not die. You must keep it alive and thriving. I wish I could take your Viper from you if you don't want it.
    Good stuff last night. Jason ( I think was your name, i'm on 3 hours of sleep now because of retards ), I appreciate the little talk we had with getting into Super; Neil, I'm gonna wanna pick your brain another time here with some character specific stuff.

Holy god i miss sleep.
    Thank you all for showing up and joining me last night. I appreciate it. I hope everyone thought it was worth it and had fun.

I will be holding it again this Friday even though it's the Friday after Thanksgiving.

In the mean time everyone have a great weekend and a great Holiday.

Turkey gobble gobble.

I hate turkey I hope my family gets roast beef.
  • SpineragaSpineraga Joined: Posts: 78
    Yea fun stuff Don, thx to Chun for Akuma tips I forgot your name again >_<.

SOME DAY I WILL REMEMBER NAMES!
    Oh the official headcount last night was 17. Last week was around the same with 16. Same number but a different group of faces.

So we should expect 16-17 people on the average every night. Which is great. I just wanted to announce the number just to inform the community that there is still a good amount of ppl playing here so that it's worth it.

Thank you all for contributing. I appreciate it.
  • JudotripJudotrip Joined: Posts: 105
    Good stuff as always.

Hats off to Alice for the utter destruction of the entire crew. Did anyone manage to beat her?
    I think the angry reporter beat her, but not without a slur of "FUCKS. SHITS. FUCK." That was actually good comedic value, LOL.

.. I'm so not ready to tackle those kind of beasts in Super.
    .. Yet!
  • aznc0ffe388aznc0ffe388 getting baited Joined: Posts: 97
    that shit was hella games hella practice hella dope, thanks don
    eternally losing quarters
  • JudotripJudotrip Joined: Posts: 105
    Naked_Snake, I know I'm lame for not remembering... but who are you?
  • resresresres jason Joined: Posts: 455
    Good stuff last night. Jason ( I think was your name, i'm on 3 hours of sleep now because of retards ), I appreciate the little talk we had with getting into Super; Neil, I'm gonna wanna pick your brain another time here with some character specific stuff.

Holy god i miss sleep.
    Yeah no problem. If you ask you will get answers. Some people don't ask so they get stuck losing.
    Yea fun stuff Don, thx to Chun for Akuma tips I forgot your name again >_<.

SOME DAY I WILL REMEMBER NAMES!
    Blonde Afro is his handle.

I wanted to stop Alice's win streak but it was more fun watching Tim frustrated. I did manage to get the guy with the 61-win streak.

Andrew kinda hinted at MMing me... let me know if you still want to. I'll bring $$ next time.

ggs to lenin in 3s. I felt like every time I got a round off you, it was because of a random mgb.
  • LBCLBC KISHISHISHISHI Joined: Posts: 3,681
    Great stuff Don.
    "LBC once parried Daigo super....I SEEN IT!"- JAY "KILLA Z' TANNER

3rd Strike: Makoto/Q/Alex/Urien
    MvC2: MSP
    SFV: Alex / R.Mika

LBC-GFX
    I am the horrible horrible Ken player in Super. I was tucked in the corner of the garage for most of the start of the night playing against Akuma and Vega.

I'm also the guy that gave Lenin a ride home if that helps.
    that shit was hella games hella practice hella dope, thanks don

I'm glad you enjoyed it bro. Hope you can join us again.

"Hella"?: You are from Norcal lol. I would know. I got a lot of cousins from Norcal who say "hella" a lot:).

All good in the hood. Welcome to SoCal.
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    Yeah no problem. If you ask you will get answers. Some people don't ask so they get stuck losing.

Blonde Afro is his handle.

I wanted to stop Alice's win streak but it was more fun watching Tim frustrated. I did manage to get the guy with the 61-win streak.

Andrew kinda hinted at MMing me... let me know if you still want to. I'll bring $$ next time.

ggs to lenin in 3s. I felt like every time I got a round off you, it was because of a random mgb.

nah, you got me every single time. And let's say it was a random mgb, then you were doing well enough to throw me off my game good games dude!
    I am the horrible horrible Ken player in Super. I was tucked in the corner of the garage for most of the start of the night playing against Akuma and Vega.

I'm also the guy that gave Lenin a ride home if that helps.

What a weird point of reference...

GGs to you all I feel like I've learned a lot in regards to sf4 and I appreciate. It's transferring over to 3s rather well. Maybe next time we can start the danisens for sf4 and 3s?

anyoone?! I want to give shout outs to all you that I met last night but I don't want to forget any names so good games to all of you!

Chun Li....I will get you one day1
    8tROOXi.png
  • GaspGasp | | | | | Joined: Posts: 4,611
    I hate turkey I hope my family gets roast beef.

yo thursday we cooking that pot roast

fuck a bird
    Lunchtime Shopper
    GGs to you all I feel like I've learned a lot in regards to sf4 and I appreciate. It's transferring over to 3s rather well. Maybe next time we can start the danisens for sf4 and 3s?

We can try that even though I don't know how to run it.
    yo thursday we cooking that pot roast

fuck a bird

Yup never liked turkey:(
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,908
    Ggs to everyone last night: judos bitch ass bison, Neils bitch ass chun, danders bitch ass ryu... All those characters are bitch ass cause they give ibuki problems. Ggs to lvangundys nice as hell but completely bitch ass tomahawk, ggs to the chun player that I played last night at the end, nice chun, great links and execution.

But still, gundys t-hawk is nice.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • HengHeng F_ck Yo_ Joined: Posts: 150
    I hate you Lenin. :( I wanted to go too.
    like you have to do a lot of drugs
    to get to my point
    to love everyone you must love yourself first
    - lovepig
  • GaspGasp | | | | | Joined: Posts: 4,611
    CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    n

do you have my pipe?
    Lunchtime Shopper
    bitch ass

Stop hatin' on every character including your ex-main, brah -_-
    You would've hated on me too if I was there, even though that matchup is 6.5-3.5 in Ibuki's favor -_-

Tatsu is my goddess
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,908
    ^^^lol ok

.... NOT! Fuck bitchass viper.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • HengHeng F_ck Yo_ Joined: Posts: 150
    CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    n

do you have my pipe?

didn't i already give it back to you??? :confused:
    like you have to do a lot of drugs
    to get to my point
    to love everyone you must love yourself first
    - lovepig
  • LvangundyLvangundy Joined: Posts: 791
    Damn! Everyone who was there last night made it fun. New and old faces. Dime_x - your Ibuki is good especially when you get your momentum. Thx for the compliments! Alice's friend..Justin(?) and his Chun? MAN! I wanted to play him another 100 games and I would have if I had the chance. Unfortunately I had to run, but wow, tense games and I was so close to beating your 40 win streak every match we played.

GG's to everyone else! :) :)

$5 well spent!!!

*I hope nobody takes me griping and whining the wrong way, it's never directed at anyone except myself when I make stupid mistakes and get so close to winning. LOL
    My heart is in SF, but my genetics aren't.
    http://99secondfight.blogspot.com
  • Ark ImpulseArk Impulse 無月 Joined: Posts: 638
    Who was this other Chun there?

<--Neal, but I was playing 3s most of the time. I only played Bryan, Dime, Spinerega, and the Vega player(whose name I can't remember) and Steve(Ken player) in SSF4.

Was Marc there and I missed him?
  • SpineragaSpineraga Joined: Posts: 78
    Other Chun was azncoffee/justin
  • SpineSpine Joined: Posts: 18
    Hey ggs to everyone friday it was a lot of fun,btw this is the Vega player Neil ;). Also that is one badass avatar you have there bro!
    XBL: DiscountVega

SoCal Casuals @ the Oceanside Fight Club!
    Neil
    Neil
    Neil
    Neil
    HI NEAL!
    Marc's up in norcal, and he probably won't be coming down for quite a while. :/

Tatsu is my goddess
    I bet you also think it's toma(e)to, too!?!

( Mentally noted to fix Neil Neal Meal )
  • LuLu SmacKsLuLu SmacKs Sleepy Time Joined: Posts: 413
    Sorry I couldn't make it out don. My equipment hadn't arrived yet. Are you doing a session this friday?
    I like specials.
    Sorry I couldn't make it out don. My equipment hadn't arrived yet. Are you doing a session this friday?

Yes.

Oh Lulu btw, where are you coming from to get to my place? What city are you from sir? Just wondering the distance. Oh ya you don't have to apologize if you can't make it. No one need to apologize to me for not being able to make it. Even though I want everyone to make it every night it's not a big deal. I understand:).

As long as enough ppl show up so that everyone can get a decent amount of competition. I myself don't really play so I'm just the host for the most part. This Friday after Thanksgiving worries me a little about attendance but whomever can make it's all good. As long as guys who attend have someone to play.

So it would be good but not required to get as many ppl to post up on the Friday morning before to get a rough estimate of who will show up. What I notice is that a lot of ppl who attend don't post up. It's ok with me but I think it would benefit the community if we did the morning/afternoon before:)