Don's Arcade aka Astro City: Torrance/Carson Fridays 8pm-3am

Comments

• SpineragaSpineraga Joined: Posts: 78
    Me and my bro will be there for sure! =D
  • Ni8wingNi8wing Joined: Posts: 2,268
    Me and my bro will be there for sure! =D

Cool. Hey Chris, are you and Paul brothers? Just wondering.
    Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw And pined his loss.
    Also another point I want to make is use this thread to establish and promote your money matches with each other. Posting up would be good for declaring your money matches with each other. That way you guys come prepared and bring your money. Remember minimum bet is $5 and everyone money match game is first to 5.
    Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw And pined his loss.
  • SpineragaSpineraga Joined: Posts: 78
    Yea me and Paul are brothers
  • LainySkyLainySky PBC - Tier C Joined: Posts: 1,227
    Shizza, I challenge you to a MM.
    First to 5 for an amount of your choosing. :]
    AI | LainierSkyDivineJenixJinkenDay QT

Tatsu is my goddess
    the one that owns my soul
    and beats me at every AI tournament
  • Shooting BlankssShooting Blankss Writing Again Joined: Posts: 341
    Jason Ft5, 20.
    Do it.

Anyone else is welcome to shout out as well but I'll probably be at Don's less often without the incentive to interview and observe the place for my piece (still working on it).
    Trying to provide the scene with pieces and articles that best represent it to the fullest. Looking for other contributors.
    http://fightinggameenthusiast.blogspot.com/
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    Jason Ft5, 20.
    Do it.

Anyone else is welcome to shout out as well but I'll probably be at Don's less often without the incentive to interview and observe the place for my piece (still working on it).

Stay so I can learn the blanka match up better.

I'm not here for money matches because I still suck at this game but give me a bit and I might be willing to try a ft5.

Will most likely be there this Friday and might bring the girlfriend. If that happens, though, I may be leaving early.
    8tROOXi.png
    Money matches will start after midnight to give everyone plenty of time to get here.

There should be someone, a third party, supervising the money matches and holding the money to give to the winner. It probably most likely be me. Loser has the option to double or nothing to another first to five but the winner must accept. Winner has the right to reject double or nothing offer from loser. If winner just wants to play one first to five money match and take the winnings he deserves it. Remember $5 minimum for each first to 5 money match.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

Paul Newman as Fast Eddie Felson from Martin Scorsese's The Color of Money.
    Or you guys could hold onto your money during the money match but the loser must be a sport and pay the winner. A third party must still supervise the first to 5 mm to make sure everything is kosher. I rather have a third party hold it so that the loser doesn't force a double or nothing on the winner.

So I'll ask everyone does everyone approve of the third party holding the money before the money match?
  • Naked_SnakeNaked_Snake Joined: Posts: 604
    Don, two things. I approve of the third party.

Secondly, Inception. :coffee:
    You guys are girls

and by you guys I mean Jeremy.
    8tROOXi.png
    Lenin. SO COLD.
    Don, two things. I approve of the third party.

Secondly, Inception. :coffee:

I would like to have a third party holding the money during the money match. That way no one hedges their bets. Back in the day I went street racing with my cousin and when my cousin beat the guy, the guy he beat wouldn't give the money. He wanted to double or nothing. So my cousin beat him again and he didn't want to give up his money and wanted to keep racing so he could win his money back. Guy was a sore loser.

So by having a third party witness the action will make everything kosher. Loser has a right to request a double or nothing but the winner has the right to decline loser's request and walk away and take the money. One first to five money match is pretty convincing so the winner deserves that money and gets to keep it. If you're a sore loser then don't bet. Pure and simple. Be honorable and be a gentleman and money match the right way.

The minimum bet is $5 so the money matches are serious enough that it is worth taking up one set up for the night (If there are a lot of money matches). I'm also thinking about tightening the ship and taking out one set up and bringing it down from 4 to 3 so that it's more competitive. I don't know yet.

No comment on Inception.
    Oh ya there will be no Super Turbo this Friday:( I gotta go get my ST board fixed.

There is another Third Strike in place of the ST cabinet.
  • RyumexicanoRyumexicano Goh Kid Joined: Posts: 548
    I can't wait to meet your arcade. Looks very fun and nice. Congratulations man! Cvs2, Turbo, 3rd Strike, :) :nunchuck:
    Never poina finger o anyone, remember ha hree fingers are
    poining a you.

"El que cree que lo sabe todo, es un imbecil."

"Those who fear the darkness, have no idea what the light can do"

ORGULLOSAMENTE MEXICANO
    I can't wait to meet your arcade. Looks very fun and nice. Congratulations man! Cvs2, Turbo, 3rd Strike, :) :nunchuck:

Thanks bro. This is just a once a week underground arcade lol.

I think I played you at CVS2 at Alex's long time ago. I know I live far from the OC but you should come over sometimes. Alex Arcade guys are my homies:). You're always welcomed at my place.
  • SymbolicSymbolic Wicked Mercenary Joined: Posts: 944
    I'll hold money for those money matches.
    Turkish Royal.
  • Pk LovePk Love Joined: Posts: 12
    I have a feeling im going to be the only scrub there.. :confused:

time to get my ass handed to me
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your family.

We shall have a gathering tomorrow. I hope to see you all here:)
    We shall have a gathering tonight from 7pm-4am. I'll be going around and collecting the E fee from everyone so please have it ready when I ask.

Everyone and anyone is invited. The more the merrier. Anyone new please text me at 310 344 9367. Everyone drive safe and I hope to see y'all tonight.
  • aznc0ffe388aznc0ffe388 getting baited Joined: Posts: 97
    i will be there to chun li top tier whore it out for more delicious tasty cokes
    my sentence composition is amazing
    eternally losing quarters
  • LainySkyLainySky PBC - Tier C Joined: Posts: 1,227

I would join you in chun li top tier whore it out for more delicious tasty cokes-ing, but I haz workz in the morningz tomorroz

fml
    no free soda for mez
    AI | LainierSkyDivineJenixJinkenDay QT

Tatsu is my goddess
    the one that owns my soul
    and beats me at every AI tournament

its funny because you even forgot that last one you won.

I don't spend prize money either. HI5
    8tROOXi.png
  • SymbolicSymbolic Wicked Mercenary Joined: Posts: 944
    That's cuz you never win prize money.
    Turkish Royal.
    Kinda late asking, but are we still gonna have TVC tonight?
    That's cuz you never win prize money.

good point
    8tROOXi.png
    Kinda late asking, but are we still gonna have TVC tonight?

We might have TVC next Friday but no guarantees. I got to ask Jon the TVC guy to bring the setup. We'll see what happens.

Thank you all for spending your Friday after Thanksgiving at my place and joining me. It was a lot of fun. We had over 20 people this time.

Thank you Sal and Tim for entertaining everyone with the first ever money match at my place. It was also hilarious how Sanchez and Lee were side betting on who would get the first hit every round lol. That was awesome. Hopefully we'll get more money matches in the future. They're really entertaining.

Thanks everyone I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend.

Let's do this again next week:)
  • Super PhamicomSuper Phamicom Joined: Posts: 96
    ggs to everyone last night, it was good seeing everyone again!
  • LvangundyLvangundy Joined: Posts: 791
    GG's to everyone last night. I gotta learn to stop when I get burnt out. My play gets worse and worse.

Sanchez, I need my world title plastic belt back- the one I never had.

Justin where do you live? We both drive up the 405N. Maybe we can carpool next time.
    My heart is in SF, but my genetics aren't.
    http://99secondfight.blogspot.com
    ggs everyone. Still in my "Quirks finding mode" with ssf4 but I'll be ready for real play soon enough. Just gotta get my 360 back from my friend.

so anyone wanna help run a danisen next week? Maybe Sanchez could help?

Also have been wondering what is missing from my posts and or conversations at Don's place.

Rage.

An easy to villainize target upon which to vent my rage.

Graphic logos, slogans with which to focus my rage.

A call to arms for others to join me in my rage.

Others seem to do it so much better than I, but that's the easy way out. I'd rather just own.

But if it means so much to you guys, I'll get to work on it asap. But once I get going, it's hard to get me to stop. I wanted to be nice.
    8tROOXi.png
  • LBCLBC KISHISHISHISHI Joined: Posts: 3,681
    GG's to all at 3s and that guy who raped me with Ibuki in ssf4 when I got there.
    "LBC once parried Daigo super....I SEEN IT!"- JAY "KILLA Z' TANNER

3rd Strike: Makoto/Q/Alex/Urien
    MvC2: MSP
    SFV: Alex / R.Mika

LBC-GFX
    GG's to all at 3s and that guy who raped me with Ibuki in ssf4 when I got there.

He whispered something into your ear did he not? Why didn't you obey?
    8tROOXi.png
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,908

Sorry about that, it was obvious you didn't know the matchup... And I completely took advantage of that fact! Lol ggs man.

Respect to res for beating me down something fierce. Nice frame traps, your cammy has really leveled up since the last time we played. I saw the sako jump hk as well, good stuff. Ggs to lvangundy as always and of course my inspiration to keep playing ibuki: motempest. Nice shit, I wish I had it like you!

Ggs to the Cody and Dan players I played at the end of the night. And thx to Sanchez for letting his sexiness come parlay with all of us.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Super Turbo is back in. Hyper Fighting is out. After playing both ST is better.
    I made new rules regarding money matches just so it's more organized. Please read first post:)

We need more money matches. That only one we had was fun:)
  • lovepig78lovepig78 DEMANIO NEGRO DAK Joined: Posts: 1,448
    GGs everyone

i was the guy that sucked

ps. put marvel in vampire savior :3
    Joe: like i know she's DTF, just dont wonna like come on so soon.
    Dale: hmmm. you dont gotta come on... you can come inside her!
    Joe: LOLOLOL
    ps. put marvel in vampire savior :3

Hey Joe,

My Marvel board is getting repaired now:(. Sorry. As soon as it's fixed I'll find a place to put it in.
  • kainzerokainzero kimchee ii darou Joined: Posts: 437
    put tekken 6 in and i'll consider playing simon's quest
  • RyumexicanoRyumexicano Goh Kid Joined: Posts: 548
    Thanks bro. This is just a once a week underground arcade lol.

I think I played you at CVS2 at Alex's long time ago. I know I live far from the OC but you should come over sometimes. Alex Arcade guys are my homies:). You're always welcomed at my place.

If it was at Alex, for sure we played man. I haven't touched Cvs2, or any other games, but I really want to play "humans" and Alex is dead for Cvs2, 3rd and Turbo. I will probably stop this Friday. I appreciate your invitation to the community. Alex representatives will be there soon :) I should practice some Cvs2 at home so I don't get owned hahahaha Thanks man!:nunchuck:
    Never poina finger o anyone, remember ha hree fingers are
    poining a you.

"El que cree que lo sabe todo, es un imbecil."

"Those who fear the darkness, have no idea what the light can do"

ORGULLOSAMENTE MEXICANO
    put tekken 6 in and i'll consider playing simon's quest

You're not good enough to play Simon's Quest, Mr. I died 25 times because I couldn't find the blue ring before I reach level 5 in the 2nd Quest of the first Zelda:p

If I sacrifice a set up and put in Tekken 6, then it better be worth it.

So please rally some ppl to come over and play Tekken 6. Oh God.

I actually have a copy of Tekken 6. My brother bought it and it got only played once after it was opened.

Eating Korean BBQ right now btw:)