Smokin' Sick Style! The Dante General Discussion Thread!

Comments

• JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,075
    well i when i played i did a,b,6c,mashc,million dollar. i would also try and esperiment with everything else he had like volcano is a anti air and you might be able to jump cancel out of it. i believe fireworks is done by mash the a or b button after certain moves like jet stream and reverb shock since mashing c would give you millions stab. connect with killer bee seemed difficult when your really high up so i guess its just to do b,jc,b killer bee,launcher,a,b,sky dance

Thanks for the info. I'll update the first post with Million Stab imput, Volcano properties and Fireworks commands.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • Syke1Syke1 Prettyboy Slugfest [Remix] Joined: Posts: 12,449 mod
    Ohh God!!!! The poisonous elixer entitled Four Loko is in that vid

:wasted:
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,204
    Still waiting to see if someone finds a way to continue a combo after DT
  • SogenSogen Joined: Posts: 19
    Cant wait to get my hands on him
    Still waiting to see if someone finds a way to continue a combo after DT

Yeah, hopefully somebody can test dat out. I mean, it should be possible.
    Cant wait to get my hands on him

Yeah, me too.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 1,910
    You guys are REALLY dedicated "fans"...

Mmmm-hmm.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    You guys are REALLY dedicated "fans"...

Mmmm-hmm.

What the heck are those quotations supposed to mean?!
    Party Robot!!
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 1,910
    waffles imo.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    waffles imo.

Well..... alright.
    Party Robot!!
  • restlessmonarchrestlessmonarch To Lame To Exist Joined: Posts: 412
    Ohh God!!!! The poisonous elixer entitled Four Loko is in that vid

:wasted:

I saw a lot of people drinking them at SCR. Much to my disappointment.

But that Dante... hes looking mighty good right now. Mighty good.
    Through all I've seen, these eyes have turned to black.
  • WindsagioWindsagio OG random Joined: Posts: 2,506
    Need somebody to see what you can do just after sky dance too. Unlike killer bee, ity doesn't seem too cause bounce, but you definitely land before your target. Might be able too extend the combo without using your OTG.

If I've gotten the move names wrong, sorry :p
    Triumph in the glory of me!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQzmQrtDkqg
    Need somebody to see what you can do just after sky dance too. Unlike killer bee, ity doesn't seem too cause bounce, but you definitely land before your target. Might be able too extend the combo without using your OTG.

No, no! You're doing great! This is awesome, people are starting to pick up/remember Dante's moves! So double rainbow!
    Party Robot!!
  • KOFkulaKOFkula Joined: Posts: 263

What I would do after sky dance is reverb shock into fireworks into hyper, or you could use jet stream into fireworks. Not sure if this is what you are asking windsagio. Sky Dance does bounce; you have to have agni (fire) get the last hit because if rudra (ice) gets the last hit then the character will just spin really fast and fall. There's so much stuff I think about combo wise with Dante. I just need to find out if it works. Does anyone know after killer bee, is it possible to relaunch into sky dance right away, or after killer bee can you go into volcano into sky dance right away, or maybe after killer bee you can use revolver into relaunch into sky dance into reverb shock into fireworks. I haven't since people do this yet so I don't work if it works. Also, I haven't seen people make use of Dante's teleport. Imma be using that shit a lot for the crossup lol.
    Arcana Heart 3: Elsa w/plant
    KOF 02 UM: Foxy, Seth, Kula, King, Clark
    KOF XI: Kula, King, Jazu, Clark
    KOF XIII: Kula, Liz, Clark, King, Mature
    Well the killer bee :e: :u::snkb:snkb::snkc: sky dance could be his basic air combo, and that's just as good.

I've only seen people successfully hit the hyper after sky dance, but maybe people hurst don't have the timing down yet.
  • Nitro263Nitro263 Slappin' Fools Joined: Posts: 1,060
    You DO land before the opponent after Sky Dance, but to do anything before the opponent hits ground requires a late cancel. Sky Dance xx Million Dollar is a late cancel. If the recovery on Devil Trigger is near instant, it should be possible to Sky Dance xx Devil Trigger > B, E.
    "having aduken is advantageous, using aduken is chicken, and abusing aduken is winning." -brucelee-kid
    "Winning is what the game is about and if I lose at least I have chicken." -JD inc.
  • Strider ChippStrider Chipp Joined: Posts: 87
    i hope they didn't take Dante Beowulf aerial move. The one where Dante knock them down in like DBZ. I'm not talking about killer bee. I think if use move and can re launch him then use killer bee. i think it's in this video.

3:06
    i hope they didn't take Dante Beowulf aerial move. The one where Dante knock them down in like DBZ. I'm not talking about killer bee. I think if use move and can re launch him then use killer bee. i think it's in this video.

It's called The Hammer (for future reference), and he still has it, it's now a Style Change move, we just don't know the imput for it yet.
    Party Robot!!
  • vatsuvatsu Training again..? Joined: Posts: 173
    Damn i've been in the arcana heart 3 fourms too long... we have a v2 of dante thread now?.. well at lease someone whos been in the fourms since the start is now fourm leader.. so now dante fourms will be updated at all times =P.
    ☆Train harder!☆
    BBCS Main:Ragna Subs: Jin Makoto
    SSFIV Main: Makoto
    AH3: main: Zenia
    Damn i've been in the arcana heart 3 fourms too long... we have a v2 of dante thread now?.. well at lease someone whos been in the fourms since the start is now fourm leader.. so now dante fourms will be updated at all times =P.

**** yeah it will. : )
    Party Robot!!
    lol, somebody's subscribed >>
  • KoopaKootKoopaKoot Joined: Posts: 75
    Can someone link to a vid where Dante does the Wild Stomp move?
    Can someone link to a vid where Dante does the Wild Stomp move?

At around 0:25. Now that I think about it, it isn't really Wild Stomp, he's just shooting downwards at the enemy. I guess I should correct that...
    Party Robot!!
  • KanoleonKanoleon I'll show why the angels scream and the Devil crys Joined: Posts: 355
    Hello, new guy here
    I wanna get in on the conversations too :D
    Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3:
    Vergil/Dante/Trish
    Anarchy Reigns: Sasha, Bayonetta
    Hello, new guy here
    I wanna get in on the conversations too :D

The more people who join the party, the better! Welcome, Kanoleon!
    Party Robot!!
  • Strider ChippStrider Chipp Joined: Posts: 87
    It's called The Hammer (for future reference), and he still has it, it's now a Style Change move, we just don't know the imput for it yet.

Ooo Yea thanks. it's been a while since i played dmc 3.
  • frustratedsquirrelfrustratedsquirrel Masky stripey man! Wtf is a raccoon? Joined: Posts: 3,761

Watching that reminded me how much I miss the damage counter :(
    From team Sp00ky's TvC stream:
    "Alex? He will put his mitts all over you dude. Like he's so grimy, he shows up to the party and is like 'RAAAGH' and rips his shirt off"
  • SaitsuofleavesSaitsuofleaves SHE'S AANNGGRRYY!!!! Joined: Posts: 5,346
    Watching that reminded me how much I miss the damage counter :(

Ewwwwww, why?
    3 Words to define a Generation. CITY FUCKING ESCAPE
    SSF4: Rose/Yang/E.Ryu (T-Hawk in training), VSav: Rikuo(Aubath)/Morrigan, 3S: Ryu/Yang
    Ewwwwww, why?

I am also wondering this. Did you want to see how much damage the combo did total...?
    Ooo Yea thanks. it's been a while since i played dmc 3.

No problem, friend. I've been wondering about The Hammer for a long time, actually. I need to see it in action again.
    Party Robot!!
  • lowhighkanglowhighkang Joined: Posts: 178
    I've been following this for quite awhile.

Quick innocent question about Dante. Are people still clamoring that he's 'overpowered?'

I figured since Capcom hasn't changed Dante since he was first announced after all these builds, it seems to indicate that Capcom knows Dante is a good rush-down character. He's designed as such.

Regardless, I always felt that it wasn't that Dante was good, it's just more that he's popular and people play with him, hence they are better with him. Once they start investing that same amount of time into other characters you'd realize that Dante probably low tier for all we know.
  • KanoleonKanoleon I'll show why the angels scream and the Devil crys Joined: Posts: 355
    I hope he isn't overpowered, it wouldn't be much to win with someone he is overly strong
    Vergil/Dante/Trish
    I've been following this for quite awhile.

Quick innocent question about Dante. Are people still clamoring that he's 'overpowered?'

I figured since Capcom hasn't changed Dante since he was first announced after all these builds, it seems to indicate that Capcom knows Dante is a good rush-down character. He's designed as such.

Regardless, I always felt that it wasn't that Dante was good, it's just more that he's popular and people play with him, hence they are better with him. Once they start investing that same amount of time into other characters you'd realize that Dante probably low tier for all we know.

Dante definitely seems to be a very easy to learn and versatile character, but by no means does he seem "over powered", I agree. I think the smart, sensible people have retired that train of thought. That is probably why people on gamefaqs are still whining about him.
    Just tonight I saw at least 3 "nerf Dante" and 3 "nerf Zero" topics there. Garrrrr......
    Party Robot!!
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Dante is just super versatile and has so many tools that something is bound to be found that is amazing. Not that its a bad thing :3
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    The only thing broken about Dante is his neutral :snka:. That thing is sick.
    What's his neutral A?
    Vergil/Dante/Trish
    Giant ass super fast sword slash, fills like a 120 degree arc in front of him.

Edit: Some of the good players were joking/complaining about it in some of the videos about, too.
    Yikes, it's like Balrog cr.jab in SFIV. That **** is too good.
    Party Robot!!
    Wow that's some crazy stuff.
    Anyone know who works well with Dante (I'm sure there is a post somewhere but... too lazy to search)
    Right now my sub team is Dante and Spider-Man but I can't figure out who else I want :/
    Vergil/Dante/Trish
    Wow that's some crazy stuff.
    Anyone know who works well with Dante (I'm sure there is a post somewhere but... too lazy to search)
    Right now my sub team is Dante and Spider-Man but I can't figure out who else I want :/

From the vids, Wesker and Dante seem to work very well together, for an epic rushdown team that could stay in your face.

From what I've heard, Dante makes for a great member of any team with his awesome assist (Jam Session) and versatile moveset. Some example I've heard are Trish, Dante, Dormammu or Ironman, Doom and Dante. Stick Dante on your team and watch the synergy explode!
    Party Robot!!
    Stuff to point out. Jocelot I see that you have fireworks show up twice in the command list on the first page. Also, to perform fireworks, I can confirm that its mash C after jet stream. I couldn't get it to work for reverb shock, maybe I didn't push it fast enough. To perform dance macabre, after reverb shock, mash E.

Also to I like to point out that you can launcher someone when you perform million stab. I saw someone do it at norcal regionals. they did stringer then million stab then launcher. Its looks cool and can probably combo off it. also, could not find out how to do Dante's hammer move.
    Stuff to point out. Jocelot I see that you have fireworks show up twice in the command list on the first page. Also, to perform fireworks, I can confirm that its mash C after jet stream. I couldn't get it to work for reverb shock, maybe I didn't push it fast enough. To perform dance macabre, after reverb shock, mash E.

Awesome! Thanks so much, friend. I'll update the list.

And yeah I put Fireworks in twice because it's the SC followup to Jetstream and Reverb Shock. Thanks again for the update on moves. Any other tidbits you find out, tell me! I'll be mooooore then happy to add.
    Party Robot!!
  • Spoonuser12Spoonuser12 Joined: Posts: 109
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Dante seems to be able to combo after an air dash( to some extent) as seen in the video: Right around 2:22.
    MvC2: Team Row
    UMvC3: Vergil/Doom/Strider Morrigan in the works.
    youtube.com/spoonuser12
    Twitter.com/Maximumhibler
    Also to I like to point out that you can launcher someone when you perform million stab. I saw someone do it at norcal regionals. they did stringer then million stab then launcher. Its looks cool and can probably combo off it. also, could not find out how to do Dante's hammer move.

I am so happy they are keeping Dante stylish :) I can't wait to be able to try him out for myself
    Vergil/Dante/Trish
  • Doc StrangeDoc Strange involved in the troubles... Joined: Posts: 512
    Is it known yet that Dante can move while he's charging Artemis?

I've never seen it mentioned or performed anywhere else.
  • Robo-mitsuRobo-mitsu Shinobiest Bitch! Joined: Posts: 2,708
    Is it known yet that Dante can move while he's charging Artemis?

I've never seen it mentioned or performed anywhere else.

Cool! I did not know that!
    He has risen! I declare the 20th July National Ninja Day!
  • Ben ReedBen Reed c. LK is my co-pilot Joined: Posts: 1,010
    Dante is hands down the most interesting character in this entire game to me, from what I've seen so far.

He's not broken (you have to land some fairly serious hits to get his big damage from a Million Dollar combo), but he's the most versatile character I've yet seen in MvC3. He can rush, he can zone, he has at least two great assists (Jam Session and Crystal), he can style or he can be lame. He's the Iori of MvC3, from all indications -- you can do ANYTHING with this character.

Really, his zoning tools interest me the most out of his entire character. He's got gigantic normal range to poke at his opponents with, he can adjust his jump range and trajectory with his airdash, and he seems to have a VERY strong arsenal of projectiles to help cut off various angles on the defensive. Multilock (you can move while charging Multilock, awesome!), Crystal, Hysteric (Hysteric + Molecular Shield = YES ROCKS), Air Play, all look to be very strong space-control tools. I can't wait to see what kind of bullet-hell zoning patterns people can create with Dante teams as the roster expands.
    This post is +0 on block.
  • Delicious ToastDelicious Toast burss burss burss swag Joined: Posts: 534
    I wonder if half of his specials are going to end up being useless like Strider.
    February 11, 1926 – November 28, 2010, R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
  • Robo-mitsuRobo-mitsu Shinobiest Bitch! Joined: Posts: 2,708
    I wonder if half of his specials are going to end up being useless like Strider.

What Strider specials were useless? His :dp: :p: long range slash was pretty situational but I see it used here and there. His animals are awesome. His :qcf: :p: was a good combo ender. His wall cling is the only thing I can think of that doesn't really get used.
    He has risen! I declare the 20th July National Ninja Day!
    Also Jocelot, reverb shock is not an OTG. Jam session is OTG though. also, is there a video of dante using his grapple move? If so can you combo into it?
  • Delicious ToastDelicious Toast burss burss burss swag Joined: Posts: 534
    What Strider specials were useless? His :dp: :p: long range slash was pretty situational but I see it used here and there. His animals are awesome. His :qcf: :p: was a good combo ender. His wall cling is the only thing I can think of that doesn't really get used.

I was referring to the wall and his long range slash yeah. I don't see his charge moves used often either.
    February 11, 1926 – November 28, 2010, R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Lol what about that double charge input piddly little projectile?
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z