Smokin' Sick Style! The Dante General Discussion Thread!

Comments

• KOFkulaKOFkula Joined: Posts: 264
    The player only did the first part of Crystal (threw shards of ice) and he comboed a standing C after that, so it looked like it had a good hit stun.

I'm wondering if after you do Dante's air juggle where he dives down diagonally with his sword and then launches again. Maybe after he comes down from his dive he can do Crystal and then launch again.

Damn I wish I could find that vid again, I remember it was during Chicago Fight Club. I'll try to look for it again.

This is interesting

Go to 5:58 and it looks like he was able to combo after Volcano, which I assume its Volcano.

I saw the video and slowed it down the best I could and it seems like to me you can't combo into volcano using a,b,c I don't think. I am sure you will be able to combo with it after killer bee.
    Arcana Heart 3: Elsa w/plant
    KOF 02 UM: Foxy, Seth, Kula, King, Clark
    KOF XI: Kula, King, Jazu, Clark
    KOF XIII: Kula, Liz, Clark, King, Mature
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy The shit I don't like Joined: Posts: 3,408
    My face was crafted by the great Thanos; if it looks anything like his, nothing needs to be fixed. >:]

YA DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!! LMAO

BTW Jocelot nice work. Definately needed to be done. :)
    https://www.facebook.com/FGCCoble <--- Friend me https://twitter.com/CeeDizzy313 <---- Follow UMVC3: Wolverine/Doom/Vergil, Team Nemo SF4: Fei Long, Rolento Injustice: Aquamane, TTT2: AK/Heihachi, Alex/Kuma
  • Phones01Phones01 Joined: Posts: 43
    when i played at SCR you can do 6c (stinger) and mash c afterward to go into million stab and combo into super for an easy decent damaging bnb
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,317
    - [EG

Ground series, launcher, air series, Killer Bee, relaunch, Sky Dance, Million Dollars, XFC, Jet Stream, Fireworks. I almost cried. Maybe if Dante was closer after the XFC he maybe could've gotten more hits during Fireworks...? Still a Stylish combo, though!
    when i played at SCR you can do 6c (stinger) and mash c afterward to go into million stab and combo into super for an easy decent damaging bnb

Niiiiice find, friend. Did you find out any other combo potential with Stinger? Like maybe A,B,C, Stinger, Million Dollar?
    BTW Jocelot nice work. Definately needed to be done. :)

Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm doing my best!
    No prob Jocelot!

I'm glad you took over the Dante thread.

We're all doing our part my discovering new info about Dante! Thanks to you, my interest in Volcano and Crystal has resurged!
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • WindsagioWindsagio OG random Joined: Posts: 2,506
    Getting that launch-relaunch down looks like it's gonna be absolutely key to playing him.
    Triumph in the glory of me!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQzmQrtDkqg
    Getting that launch-relaunch down looks like it's gonna be absolutely key to playing him.

Indeed. Launch>Relaunch looks like a big, big factor in Dante's BnB's, and he also looks like he has a crapton of ways to achieve this. God I can't wait for this game to drop and we get to fully explore Dante. It's gonna be... one hell of a party! (I'm killing the whole party angle, I know)

Just relaunch, just do it, no else can get to it. Just relaunch, just do it, when you want to winnnnnnn
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    That being said I hope there are some other options, that one seems to work from both standing and ducking A. Might get tiering to see after a while.
  • Nitro263Nitro263 Slappin' Fools Joined: Posts: 1,060

Sure does. Well, OTGing after Killer Bee in general looks to be key for most of Dante's BnBs. He has a good number of moves that OTG it seems, so it's no necessarily limited to just relaunch to extend the combo. Could be helpful if it's possible to OTG after a relaunch.
    "having aduken is advantageous, using aduken is chicken, and abusing aduken is winning." -brucelee-kid
    "Winning is what the game is about and if I lose at least I have chicken." -JD inc.
    Only one otg per combo tho'
  • Phones01Phones01 Joined: Posts: 43
    - [EG

Ground series, launcher, air series, Killer Bee, relaunch, Sky Dance, Million Dollars, XFC, Jet Stream, Fireworks. I almost cried. Maybe if Dante was closer after the XFC he maybe could've gotten more hits during Fireworks...? Still a Stylish combo, though!

Niiiiice find, friend. Did you find out any other combo potential with Stinger? Like maybe A,B,C, Stinger, Million Dollar?

Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm doing my best!

We're all doing our part my discovering new info about Dante! Thanks to you, my interest in Volcano and Crystal has resurged!

well i when i played i did a,b,6c,mashc,million dollar. i would also try and esperiment with everything else he had like volcano is a anti air and you might be able to jump cancel out of it. i believe fireworks is done by mash the a or b button after certain moves like jet stream and reverb shock since mashing c would give you millions stab. connect with killer bee seemed difficult when your really high up so i guess its just to do b,jc,b killer bee,launcher,a,b,sky dance
    well i when i played i did a,b,6c,mashc,million dollar. i would also try and esperiment with everything else he had like volcano is a anti air and you might be able to jump cancel out of it. i believe fireworks is done by mash the a or b button after certain moves like jet stream and reverb shock since mashing c would give you millions stab. connect with killer bee seemed difficult when your really high up so i guess its just to do b,jc,b killer bee,launcher,a,b,sky dance

Thanks for the info. I'll update the first post with Million Stab imput, Volcano properties and Fireworks commands.
    Party Robot!!
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    Ohh God!!!! The poisonous elixer entitled Four Loko is in that vid

:wasted:
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,244
    Still waiting to see if someone finds a way to continue a combo after DT
  • SogenSogen Joined: Posts: 19
    Cant wait to get my hands on him
    Still waiting to see if someone finds a way to continue a combo after DT

Yeah, hopefully somebody can test dat out. I mean, it should be possible.
    Cant wait to get my hands on him

Yeah, me too.
    Party Robot!!
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 2,020
    You guys are REALLY dedicated "fans"...

Mmmm-hmm.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    You guys are REALLY dedicated "fans"...

Mmmm-hmm.

What the heck are those quotations supposed to mean?!
    Party Robot!!
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 2,020
    waffles imo.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    waffles imo.

Well..... alright.
    Party Robot!!
  • restlessmonarchrestlessmonarch To Lame To Exist Joined: Posts: 412
    Ohh God!!!! The poisonous elixer entitled Four Loko is in that vid

:wasted:

I saw a lot of people drinking them at SCR. Much to my disappointment.

But that Dante... hes looking mighty good right now. Mighty good.
    Through all I've seen, these eyes have turned to black.
    Need somebody to see what you can do just after sky dance too. Unlike killer bee, ity doesn't seem too cause bounce, but you definitely land before your target. Might be able too extend the combo without using your OTG.

If I've gotten the move names wrong, sorry :p
    Need somebody to see what you can do just after sky dance too. Unlike killer bee, ity doesn't seem too cause bounce, but you definitely land before your target. Might be able too extend the combo without using your OTG.

No, no! You're doing great! This is awesome, people are starting to pick up/remember Dante's moves! So double rainbow!
    Party Robot!!
  • KOFkulaKOFkula Joined: Posts: 264

What I would do after sky dance is reverb shock into fireworks into hyper, or you could use jet stream into fireworks. Not sure if this is what you are asking windsagio. Sky Dance does bounce; you have to have agni (fire) get the last hit because if rudra (ice) gets the last hit then the character will just spin really fast and fall. There's so much stuff I think about combo wise with Dante. I just need to find out if it works. Does anyone know after killer bee, is it possible to relaunch into sky dance right away, or after killer bee can you go into volcano into sky dance right away, or maybe after killer bee you can use revolver into relaunch into sky dance into reverb shock into fireworks. I haven't since people do this yet so I don't work if it works. Also, I haven't seen people make use of Dante's teleport. Imma be using that shit a lot for the crossup lol.
    Arcana Heart 3: Elsa w/plant
    KOF 02 UM: Foxy, Seth, Kula, King, Clark
    KOF XI: Kula, King, Jazu, Clark
    KOF XIII: Kula, Liz, Clark, King, Mature
    Well the killer bee :e: :u::snkb:snkb::snkc: sky dance could be his basic air combo, and that's just as good.

I've only seen people successfully hit the hyper after sky dance, but maybe people hurst don't have the timing down yet.
  • Nitro263Nitro263 Slappin' Fools Joined: Posts: 1,060
    You DO land before the opponent after Sky Dance, but to do anything before the opponent hits ground requires a late cancel. Sky Dance xx Million Dollar is a late cancel. If the recovery on Devil Trigger is near instant, it should be possible to Sky Dance xx Devil Trigger > B, E.
    "having aduken is advantageous, using aduken is chicken, and abusing aduken is winning." -brucelee-kid
    "Winning is what the game is about and if I lose at least I have chicken." -JD inc.
  • Strider ChippStrider Chipp Joined: Posts: 87
    i hope they didn't take Dante Beowulf aerial move. The one where Dante knock them down in like DBZ. I'm not talking about killer bee. I think if use move and can re launch him then use killer bee. i think it's in this video.

3:06
    i hope they didn't take Dante Beowulf aerial move. The one where Dante knock them down in like DBZ. I'm not talking about killer bee. I think if use move and can re launch him then use killer bee. i think it's in this video.

It's called The Hammer (for future reference), and he still has it, it's now a Style Change move, we just don't know the imput for it yet.
    Party Robot!!
  • vatsuvatsu Training again..? Joined: Posts: 173
    Damn i've been in the arcana heart 3 fourms too long... we have a v2 of dante thread now?.. well at lease someone whos been in the fourms since the start is now fourm leader.. so now dante fourms will be updated at all times =P.
    ☆Train harder!☆
    BBCS Main:Ragna Subs: Jin Makoto
    SSFIV Main: Makoto
    AH3: main: Zenia
    Damn i've been in the arcana heart 3 fourms too long... we have a v2 of dante thread now?.. well at lease someone whos been in the fourms since the start is now fourm leader.. so now dante fourms will be updated at all times =P.

**** yeah it will. : )
    Party Robot!!
    lol, somebody's subscribed >>
  • KoopaKootKoopaKoot Joined: Posts: 75
    Can someone link to a vid where Dante does the Wild Stomp move?
    Can someone link to a vid where Dante does the Wild Stomp move?

At around 0:25. Now that I think about it, it isn't really Wild Stomp, he's just shooting downwards at the enemy. I guess I should correct that...
    Party Robot!!
  • KanoleonKanoleon I'll show why the angels scream and the Devil crys Joined: Posts: 355
    Hello, new guy here
    I wanna get in on the conversations too :D
    Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3:
    Vergil/Dante/Trish
    Anarchy Reigns: Sasha, Bayonetta
    Hello, new guy here
    I wanna get in on the conversations too :D

The more people who join the party, the better! Welcome, Kanoleon!
    Party Robot!!
  • Strider ChippStrider Chipp Joined: Posts: 87
    It's called The Hammer (for future reference), and he still has it, it's now a Style Change move, we just don't know the imput for it yet.

Ooo Yea thanks. it's been a while since i played dmc 3.
  • frustratedsquirrelfrustratedsquirrel Masky stripey man! Wtf is a raccoon? Joined: Posts: 3,761

Watching that reminded me how much I miss the damage counter :(
    From team Sp00ky's TvC stream:
    "Alex? He will put his mitts all over you dude. Like he's so grimy, he shows up to the party and is like 'RAAAGH' and rips his shirt off"
  • SaitsuofleavesSaitsuofleaves SHE'S AANNGGRRYY!!!! Joined: Posts: 5,346
    Watching that reminded me how much I miss the damage counter :(

Ewwwwww, why?
    3 Words to define a Generation. CITY FUCKING ESCAPE
    SSF4: Rose/Yang/E.Ryu (T-Hawk in training), VSav: Rikuo(Aubath)/Morrigan, 3S: Ryu/Yang
    Ewwwwww, why?

I am also wondering this. Did you want to see how much damage the combo did total...?
    Ooo Yea thanks. it's been a while since i played dmc 3.

No problem, friend. I've been wondering about The Hammer for a long time, actually. I need to see it in action again.
    Party Robot!!
  • lowhighkanglowhighkang Joined: Posts: 178
    I've been following this for quite awhile.

Quick innocent question about Dante. Are people still clamoring that he's 'overpowered?'

I figured since Capcom hasn't changed Dante since he was first announced after all these builds, it seems to indicate that Capcom knows Dante is a good rush-down character. He's designed as such.

Regardless, I always felt that it wasn't that Dante was good, it's just more that he's popular and people play with him, hence they are better with him. Once they start investing that same amount of time into other characters you'd realize that Dante probably low tier for all we know.
  • KanoleonKanoleon I'll show why the angels scream and the Devil crys Joined: Posts: 355
    I hope he isn't overpowered, it wouldn't be much to win with someone he is overly strong
    Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3:
    Vergil/Dante/Trish
    Anarchy Reigns: Sasha, Bayonetta