Smokin' Sick Style! The Dante General Discussion Thread!

1626364656668»

Comments

• charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,859
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    charlie88 wrote: »
    Your timing is either off, or your range is affecting your timing.

As far as neutral playing footises with air play stinger stand m and calling tatsu from midrange to stuff or setup a confirm. I usually throw it out to push them in the corner and allow me to close distance

Ok, ill practice a different timing and try out some different ranges to see if I can make a mix-up out of it. Thanks for the feedback. Just so we're clear though, it's st. :m: you use right? Not st. :h:?

However, if I could just ask your honest opinion, what assist do you feel is better for Dante? Tatsu or plasma beam?

I think Tatsu is the better assist but doom WITH MISSILES is way better overall and they also make a better shell for top tier support.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    Your timing is either off, or your range is affecting your timing.

As far as neutral playing footises with air play stinger stand m and calling tatsu from midrange to stuff or setup a confirm. I usually throw it out to push them in the corner and allow me to close distance

Ok, ill practice a different timing and try out some different ranges to see if I can make a mix-up out of it. Thanks for the feedback. Just so we're clear though, it's st. :m: you use right? Not st. :h:?

However, if I could just ask your honest opinion, what assist do you feel is better for Dante? Tatsu or plasma beam?

I think Tatsu is the better assist but doom WITH MISSILES is way better overall and they also make a better shell for top tier support.

Yea if I was just playing Dante solo I woulda gone with missiles for sure. But I can't play spencer without beam, so I decided to try and find an assist that helps them both and it seems tatsu might be the answer. Shame I can't stand Dr. Strange though, bolts is probably the perfect assist for this team, only issue being it requires me to play Dr. Strange.
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,859
    I play strange but I am going to replace him. He is really good for point strider and everything but with Dante he requires a lot of situations to be effective with Dante. They don't just flow. So I will be swapping out my team aswell. I won't use akuma or doom though. I am going to experiment and I will post back when I find something. I may go back to using morrigan so I can soul drain meter and have 3meter dead character incoming opponent with no meter and astral vision active.

• Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,132
    I thought strange Dante is solid?
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • forte95forte95 Buster Cannoneer Joined: Posts: 544
    Yeah strange/dante is good tho, Jam is lockdown that you don't have to set up like Missiles so it helps against rush more, you can cM antiair or IP counterhit then call Jam + do a little string into lv0 fof or l mystic sword to swing pressure around off your best gtfo options, you even get to set up eye after

Jam is also good lockdown for when strange does his chip/lockdown sequences with eye, daggers, and swords

only thing it doesn't help strange with is the ranged game, you gotta fight beam assists or proj spam with lv0 fof to set up eye and glyphs or to give space to possibly tele to make them block Jam, it's much easier if you have a beam assist that also doubles as lockdown but yeahhhh you can't really optimize too much for strange without making it a point strange team, which isn't too hot
    I'm a physics enthusiast. Let's talk science.
  • Merkyl999xMerkyl999x Crazy X-23 Guy Joined: Posts: 2,210
    I've got a bunch of matches freshly recorded. Just bombing the relevant character threads. Mags/X23/Dante starting to feel pretty real. Really need to up my solo Dante mixup game, though.

UMvC3: Magneto(EMD)/ X-23(CS)/Dante(JS)
    300%, Welcome to America.
    R.I.P. Iron Man/Rocket Raccoon
    Xr0s-up wrote: »
    I thought strange Dante is solid?

It is however, you need to br kinda overpowering in this meta and it just doesn't do that. Its hard to play from behinc and win with that duo against certain characters and shells. Besides strange is a liability fir me. I can olay him but he isnt someone I naturally am good with like Dante and Strider.

• KladeKlade Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys I play Fighting games and rap a lil bit I wrote a song about Dante my fav character on UMVC3 let me know what yall think.

• pepopulopepopulo Eternal's groupi Joined: Posts: 633
    Some Ammy/Vergil/Dante tech, most of the Dante things are just normal Dante/Vergil stuff, but there are some cool Ammy conversions too

Dante stuff at 3:00
    Stylish stuff at 9:00
    Nueva tecnología!!!