What's the point of this? (bizarre GGPO ST gallery on Flickr)

geogeo Official ContrarianJoined: Posts: 1,291
Just one example of ST fundamentalism on dontblowthis.com: "HDR is just another game with no relation to the Street Fighter II series" - riz0ne

Comments

• ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    Got a good laugh out of that.

Online matches r srs bsns
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
  • geogeo Official Contrarian Joined: Posts: 1,291
    Have you seen that movie where they go inside a serial killer's mind and there's all this bizarre stuff in there? It reminds me of that.
    Just one example of ST fundamentalism on dontblowthis.com: "HDR is just another game with no relation to the Street Fighter II series" - riz0ne
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    Soto isn't the only one who keeps a gallery like this.
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
    It's obviously supposed to be a 'victory gallery', but what does it prove and for what purpose? Gloating?

It smacks of someone who is actually rather insecure.
  • GanelonGanelon Joined: Posts: 1,101
    It's sad, but numerous folks have similar galleries, if not videos. This is just one product of online-focused players who are discontented but can't/don't prove themselves offline. Another is acting brash in online communications.

I think these types of behavior recede when a player can confidently play offline. Then, either the player learns tranquility or he knows enough to walk with his tail between his legs.
  • dsinniedsinnie Joined: Posts: 4,132
    i was hoping at least a pic like this of angry ken.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4740/kenspissed.jpg
    It's sad, but numerous folks have similar galleries, if not videos. This is just one product of online-focused players who are discontented but can't/don't prove themselves offline. Another is acting brash in online communications.

I think these types of behavior recede when a player can confidently play offline. Then, either the player learns tranquility or he knows enough to walk with his tail between his legs.

Once again with the offline obsession. It's possible to play online but not keep creepy victory galleries you know.
    More like an observation of the fact that you don't see anybody offline uploading cell phone pics of their opponents losing to perfects. Can you imagine how much that photo taker would get laughed at in person?

It sucks when you're the victim but this seems pretty clearly a result of online pseudo-anonymity and just isn't natural face-to-face human behavior. There are plenty of good-natured online players (probably a good majority) but like I said, these are typical actions from the online discontented.
    More like an observation of the fact that you don't see anybody offline uploading cell phone pics of their opponents losing to perfects. Can you imagine how much that photo taker would get laughed at in person?

It sucks when you're the victim but this seems pretty clearly a result of online pseudo-anonymity and just isn't natural face-to-face human behavior. There are plenty of good-natured online players (probably a good majority) but like I said, these are typical actions from the online discontented.

Shouldn't you be somewhat flattered that someone is so proud of themselves for beating you they feel the need to document it? It may be weird because we are all gamers and not someone who should be FAMOUS, but comeon man, you saw mike tyson on the street and he pushed you and you turned around and swung and knocked him clear out, you wouldn't take a cell phone picture of it? (clearly before running)..

it's sad that someone is taking pictures of an online event such as ggpo, because it's something no competitive gamer takes wholeheartedly, but it's no worst then some of the bizarre shit people are proud of in the real world.

also call me lame, but i beat daigo or someone of that caliber at evo or something.. I am taking a picture..
    Fair enough. But there's always an offline world and an online world, and the same person can have a different persona in each. You don't know whether this guy is someone you've played against offline.
    Shouldn't you be somewhat flattered that someone is so proud of themselves for beating you they feel the need to document it? It may be weird because we are all gamers and not someone who should be FAMOUS, but comeon man, you saw mike tyson on the street and he pushed you and you turned around and swung and knocked him clear out, you wouldn't take a cell phone picture of it? (clearly before running)..

If he was only taking pictures against top players, I suppose it could be construed that way. But he seems to have pictures of everyone, even folks I've never seen before on GGPO (probably newer players).

If I were on there, it may not affect me much besides never playing the guy again. But I'm concerned how someone struggling to practice online would react to that sort of spectacle. A few players have already mentioned to me that they avoid GGPO because of the sometimes silly chats; is it possible this could cause someone to just give it up? That's why these online ego sessions are worrisome.

Anyway, if Mike Tyson pushed me and he still had money, I'd just take the beating and sue him later. I think that's much more satisfying than having a trophy picture to remember by. Ironic you mention Tyson since his infamous kick and punch street session was just a few miles from where I live. If only I'd been so lucky. :smile:
    I guess to me even though the community is smaller, the online ST community would still have some of the same retardation that plaques the online SF4 community. although I do understand what you mean but if someone is going to fall apart in the game because of some egotistical asshole, or a bit of taunting, should they really be playing competitively anyways?
  • FulaaniFulaani Of terrorist descent Joined: Posts: 2,555
    i was hoping at least a pic like this of angry ken.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4740/kenspissed.jpg
    hahahahahah saved
    zoning took an indefinite hiatus
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    I stay 3 weeks out of GGPO, and it already gets like this??? LOL

Joke aside, that is so wrong in so many senses it is hard to even argue about it.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    Serial Killer-ish if you ask me.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • jdmjdm skillz Joined: Posts: 178
    GGPO Got Gay People Online
    GGPO: jdmskillz

Super Turbo all day.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • jpj1983jpj1983 Joined: Posts: 156
    well, you know which clown that is ~

88 photos, damn.. willy d has to be the saddest cunt on ggpo :shake:

for what it's worth, i occassionally record my own matches and put them on youtube, but that's because i find watching your own matches back is a good way to learn, and i probably lose more than i win in those vids

about offline/online: i can link you to two dozen offline mvc2 tournament matches that will show you that acting like a bitch in real life can and does happen. look at that Izu dude in first SBO, lmao. but for sure, online can make people who are assholes generally even worse than usual. who's gonna take a cell phone pic, that makes no sense. if the match is recorded or it's a tournament match, then you already got your proof - it's just about gloating and stroking your own ego. i haven't played sf4 yet but i seen a couple videos, and there seems to be a few offline assholes on that game too

about ggpo: i only see this type of gallery shit from north and south american players, to be perfectly honest
  • jdmjdm skillz Joined: Posts: 178
    That's true and it's probably another reason why Americans have a bad rep.LOL
    GGPO: jdmskillz

Super Turbo all day.
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,171
    I've only seen one screenshot of me being beaten perfected, It was waay back when I had no idea what I was doing, I was getting beaten horribly by another, And one of the rounds he gets a perfect, quits, and Posts the image... So what? you beat someone who doesn't know what he was doing... Great job.

I remember I also avoided that player for the longest time, and one day I decided to give him another chance (I had gotten better then) He didn't beat me a single game. what does he do? He pulls the image from way back and posts it in the chat again...

heh. It's funny how people think doing things like that is somehow redeeming... in that case it had the opposite affect. cuz he didn't shit talk the entire time we were playing.
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • ShadedWolfShadedWolf Joined: Posts: 352
    well, you know which clown that is ~

88 photos, damn.. willy d has to be the saddest cunt on ggpo :shake:

for what it's worth, i occassionally record my own matches and put them on youtube, but that's because i find watching your own matches back is a good way to learn, and i probably lose more than i win in those vids

about offline/online: i can link you to two dozen offline mvc2 tournament matches that will show you that acting like a bitch in real life can and does happen. look at that Izu dude in first SBO, lmao. but for sure, online can make people who are assholes generally even worse than usual. who's gonna take a cell phone pic, that makes no sense. if the match is recorded or it's a tournament match, then you already got your proof - it's just about gloating and stroking your own ego. i haven't played sf4 yet but i seen a couple videos, and there seems to be a few offline assholes on that game too

If technology keeps improving and lag is finally eliminated to miniscule amounts, then I would prefer online over in person any day. You can mute someone online, and it is impossible for it to get physical. Sure, I've run into some trolling online in other games but it can be easily dealt with. The worst experiences I have ever seen and been in all stem from (surprise) in person Marvel.

about ggpo: i only see this type of gallery shit from north and south american players, to be perfectly honest

Comment in bold.
    I am Darkwing Duck. Comedic superhero who beats on even more ridiculous clowns.
  • bitkidbitkid BiTKiD Joined: Posts: 685
    Whew at least I'm not in there. :D
    Dat shit's hoopz n yo-yos dawg!
  • CigarBitchIzShemaleCigarBitchIzShemale Joined: Posts: 1
    Talk about shitty Utility Bitch:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45107478@N03/
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    Damn bastard is trolling hardcore on that alt account.
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    Sweet i got a thread, sorry in only got 3 pics in flickr , but if you wanna be in it just type your ggpo nick here or pm , and i upload thnx, :rofl:
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    Sweet i got a thread, sorry in only got 3 pics in flickr , but if you wanna be in it just type your ggpo nick here or pm , and i upload thnx, :rofl:
    Can u post pics of -AngryBird-? thx
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    o u mean EVD = EvilDindon , let me look in my database :rofl:
  • otakugamer223otakugamer223 GGPO scrub Joined: Posts: 286
    I've only seen one screenshot of me being beaten perfected, It was waay back when I had no idea what I was doing, I was getting beaten horribly by another, And one of the rounds he gets a perfect, quits, and Posts the image... So what? you beat someone who doesn't know what he was doing... Great job.

I remember I also avoided that player for the longest time, and one day I decided to give him another chance (I had gotten better then) He didn't beat me a single game. what does he do? He pulls the image from way back and posts it in the chat again...

heh. It's funny how people think doing things like that is somehow redeeming... in that case it had the opposite affect. cuz he didn't shit talk the entire time we were playing.

Wow I had a similar experience, back in like 05 I used to lurk kaillera A3/MVC, I was still relatively new to these games, but this one asshole screenshot all my losses and always saved them on his photobucket. It's like wow, I'm sure you'd convince the many old-school gods that you are the best, and screenshots of random scrubs is pure evidence. Then when 3S was put on Kaillera Mame117, there was this one 3S yun player who had macros setting for the Keeper Jin, he'd do a crossup divekick, 123 then hold the autofire keeperjin, he also claimed he was "God."
    fighting games are fun
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    "God."

you should have asked him for three wishes
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    Serial Killer-ish if you ask me.
    sup Dawg!
    mexecutioner.jpg