** Focusattack.com fighting game store **

Comments

• PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,431
    Like I've said in prior discussions, you're better off ignoring the chatter and basing your opinions on your own transactions and transactions of others that you observe.

As to what's misleading, I maintain that the accusations made are largely trumped up in effort to further sell the perception of a lack of integrity.

In a situation devoid of the personal interactions a small forum facilitates, would you not take accusations against business A from business B (when B is a heated rival facing increasing encroachments on what they see as "their" market) and its buddies with a pretty large chunk of salt?
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    As to what's misleading, I maintain that the accusations made are largely trumped up in effort to further sell the perception of a lack of integrity.

I don't understand why you think that your opinion should matter at all. What insight do you have on the truth of the accusations made against FA? Jaleel is lucky to have someone like you on his dick to rationalize all the shade. Keep it sleezy Camacho.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,431
    NENDO wrote: »

I don't understand why you think that your opinion should matter at all. What insight do you have on the truth of the accusations made against FA? Jaleel is lucky to have someone like you on his dick to rationalize all the shade. Keep it sleezy Camacho.

"Shade" like purple iL buttons, calling competing products "copycat actuators" and saying "...or no one would have as accessible a supplier"? That's straw grasping at best, and you damn well know it.

Pretty ironic that one of the primary PAS cheerleaders (who I got along with otherwise prior) would accuse me of dick riding.
    There's a whole squad of you circle jerking the opposition, and yet a single person dissenting from the pack gets your collective panties in an awful bunch.

• LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,557
    @PresidentCamacho

"would you not take accusations against business A from business B (when B is a heated rival facing increasing encroachments on what they see as "their" market) and its buddies with a pretty large chunk of salt? "

Before I make that presumption, what could be other factors that play into this? What are factors that do not play into this?

If it's just PAS facilitating these skirmishes, why particularly against FA? Why not AS or Aki? I don't know if this was part in doing by PAS claims on the KOWAL matter, but if I recall from Vin from Arcade Shock, a good buyer base shifted from Focus Attack to Arcade Shock after the KOWAL incident. (Now on my end, it's my responsibility to check that claim/source and increase the level of certainty on that piece of information, right now it's weak.) For the sake of argument, let's presume that really was the case and part of the buyer base shifted from FA, but the buyer base "randomly" dispersed among the other vendors. PAS attacking FA doesn't mean that the market lost to FA completely shifts to PAS, if anything both companies involved could lose face and the market shifts to uninvolved vendors.

The question from me is, why attack FA when it doesn't guarantee one's own increase in sales or financial success, and at the large risk of losing face and losing current patterns in sales? Why not instigate "slime chucking" (which is pretty loaded language; and loaded language in this instance not only defined as having an added emotional pretense, but loaded language defined as in using a word or claim that hasn't been proven as true yet but used as if it was proven) against other companies to bring them all down? Is this too risky for PAS? Why even "slime chuck" at all? Was there a calculated and measured risk in "slime chucking" against a single or particular amount of companies? Were PAS willing to take that risk against an individual company? Did PAS even go through this thought process? Is this even relevant?

Also I find it pretty ironic, but I'm still thankful, for you to tell me to ignore the chatter and actually think things through. In doing so, I also have to be extremely mindful of you because you're already coming off as unfairly biased for Focus Attack as well. Even with this post: "Ask yourself this: who has made slime chucking (both in pm and in public) and community peer pressure the cornerstones of their business, and who has made customer service the cornerstone of theirs? Which shows more integrity to you? In this specific attempt at stirring up a shitstorm, who exactly was making the dubious or misleading claim?"

You're already framing the conversation and narrative, rather than how I tried to break it down to the fundamentals: What does it really mean to have vendor integrity? What are those standards? Do these companies/people fulfill these standards of vendor integrity?

So I am being careful. I really like the word "historia," the idea of investigation via inquiry. Rather than making careless arguments, and arguments being claims backed by evidence and reasoning (regardless if the evidence/reasoning is solid), all I could really acknowledge is that I know nothing and all I can do is ask questions. There is no such thing as 100% certainty.

So besides "integrity." All I know is that FA has GamerFinger PCB. PAS has black anodized aluminum parts. AS has the Kuro VLX. I buy them. I like honesty, but I do not know what are the perceived, clearly defined standards to have integrity as a vendor. That's it.

Also watch out, I play KOF98. B)
  • Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 463

TL;DR: ** PAS assault team, ASSEMBLE! **

Camacho is right about one competitor complaining about the other, their motives only suit themselves. And it's the same 5 or 6 people that chime in on a thread that they otherwise have no place in posting, and have no interest in following other than to report back to the competition. This happens here, as well as with Jaleel's personal facebook page.

I mean, how else would the PAS supporters have known about his McDowell's post?

There's all this bullshit happening here, while I bet no one hop's into @armi0024's thread to talk shit about what he does. That should tell volumes.

Besides, this PAS vs FA crap is tired and freaking immature. I've contributed in the past (a year ago, just about) and I regret it. 100%. I just want to buy arcade parts from a place that will get it to me quickly.
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    Ask me about my Consolized Naomi!

"Shade" like purple iL buttons, calling competing products "copycat actuators" and saying "...or no one would have as accessible a supplier"? That's straw grasping at best, and you damn well know it.

Pretty ironic that one of the primary PAS cheerleaders (who I got along with otherwise prior) would accuse me of dick riding.
    There's a whole squad of you circle jerking the opposition, and yet a single person dissenting from the pack gets your collective panties in an awful bunch.

My panties are starched and pressed. I just don't understand why you choose to get involved. You don't even know what you're talking about. Beyond skepticism you have no reason not to believe the things said against FA and can offer absolutely no insight to their validity. This conversation is about integrity which you have made it abundantly clear that you are not at all concerned about when choosing how to purchase parts. Cheap price, fast shipping. All that matters, right? Not to everyone. Some care and your mouth runneth over with crap making it seem like you know something others don't about the subject. While telling others not to listen to anyone's opinions you are asserting your own. Stop.
  • Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 463
    edited April 2015
    If you're really one of the good guys, then don't bully people to think like you. :smile:
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    As for me, I just really like arguments, argumentation, and dialectic. Rhetoric? Not fond of that though.
    Contention isn't going to solve anything here.
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    Certainly not, but contention in itself isn't synonymous with having a good bout of argumentation. We need classical argumentation to proceed. Ignoring the issue doesn't make the issue go away, just ignored and festering within the minds of people.
    I didn't imply that ignoring it would go away, either.

open discussion is good, Arguing is not, and neither is jumping in someone's thread to tell them that you think that they're heinous because of alleged disinformation.

Again, this rivalry is childish bull crap.
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    edited April 2015
    If you're really one of the good guys, then don't bully people to think like you. :smile:

Is this directed at me?

The Spam Flag reaction is for bot spam. Whoever is reacting with it is doing so in error.
    2015-04-22_1946.png

Why, yes. It was. :smile:
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!

My panties are starched and pressed. I just don't understand why you choose to get involved. You don't even know what you're talking about. Beyond skepticism you have no reason not to believe the things said against FA and can offer absolutely no insight to their validity. This conversation is about integrity which you have made it abundantly clear that you are not at all concerned about when choosing how to purchase parts. Cheap price, fast shipping. All that matters, right? Not to everyone. Some care and your mouth runneth over with crap making it seem like you know something others don't about the subject. While telling others not to listen to anyone's opinions you are asserting your own. Stop.

The burden of proof is on the accuser, and the scenarios that have played out in my time here have all been demonstrably trumped up or outright crap (case in point being the latest post from the pas overlord in this thread). At no point have I seen FA dishing out the sort of attacks your pals regularly lob.

Your side just can't be content to leave shit alone and compete, someone always has to dig up some frivolous garbage that could barely be perceived as an offense, at which point the dog pile begins without question. Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to buy from FA, but that's just not good enough- the team must attack constantly to deter lurking potential customers.

Word to the wise: spend half as much time thinking about your customers as you currently do looking for new slime to throw and you'll probably do fine.

And by the way, you missed great service on my list of what matters from a vendor, which is critically important.

The burden of proof is on the accuser, and the scenarios that have played out in my time here have all been demonstrably trumped up or outright crap (case in point being the latest post from the pas overlord in this thread). At no point have I seen FA dishing out the sort of attacks your pals regularly lob.

Your side just can't be content to leave shit alone and compete, someone always has to dig up some frivolous garbage that could barely be perceived as an offense, at which point the dog pile begins without question. Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to buy from FA, but that's just not good enough- the team must attack constantly to deter lurking potential customers.

Word to the wise: spend half as much time thinking about your customers as you currently do looking for new slime to throw and you'll probably do fine.

And by the way, you missed great service on my list of what matters from a vendor, which is critically important.

This is the last thing I will post on this subject. I did not voice an opinion on this particular drama involving Crown levers. My comments were directed solely at you who has no business getting involved in it. I'm squaring up with you not jumping into any "dog pile". Are you Focus Attack? My problem right now is you talking out of your ass. Not FA.
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    This really doesn't belong in this thread, but I'm throwing this out there. Camacho, you have no right to dictate ethical standards and integrity or lack there of when you have openly admitted breaches of ethics doesn't matter to you. You've made this clear when you told the world that because it happens to you at your day wejob that it doesn't matter because that's just how it is. You have also seen proof of products here in our community being copied. Regardless of how small an issue it is, it is still a breach of ethics.

Nendo is right. You need to keep your nose out of business you have no understanding of.

To put it into perspective, your push for ethics not mattering in our community over cheap prices is a great contribution to me not wanting to bring new products out and for my lack of enthusiasm to participate at this forum. That, and the constant libel and misinformation campaigns thrown around, and when defending oneself, you somehow become a bad guy for doing so.

So yeah, back to mostly lurking and not paying attention to SRK for me. Enjoy the damage you've been doing, because you've been doing a fantastic job of it.
    2/5 PAS Assault team in place.
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!

This is the last thing I will post on this subject. I did not voice an opinion on this particular drama involving Crown levers. My comments were directed solely at you who has no business getting involved in it. I'm squaring up with you not jumping into any "dog pile". Are you Focus Attack? My problem right now is you talking out of your ass. Not FA.

My bad, I'll have to check with you to see what I know, what I don't know, and what my businesses is and isn't before posting next time.
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    edited April 2015
    2/5 PAS Assault team in place.

What's this now? And here I thought you privately apologized to someone here on the forums. Nice behind closed doors but ass in public. Just throwing that out there.

:)
    edited April 2015
    I did, (and this is to Nendo, for those on the side lines) and that apology was for calling him a bully, not for the PAS assault team comment. Nice to see chats between friends happening :wink: I also said that since I haven't interacted with him it would be foolish for me to make an opinion about him, and I meant that. :smile:
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    Who are the other 3?
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    How many buttons do I have to order to get it shipped in one of those Sanwa boxes? 50? lol
  • jmanDMCjmanDMC Focusattack.com Joined: Posts: 2,535
    Tensho wrote: »
    How many buttons do I have to order to get it shipped in one of those Sanwa boxes? 50? lol

We have more leftover Sanwa boxes than you can imagine - restock just came in, too. Leave a customer note that you want one, and we'll try to ship your order in it. Can't do it for every order (@Jenni will kill me) but I think once in a while is fine. :)
    Join the FA.R Rewards Program! Earn, share, and redeem chips to save nearly every day! http://bit.ly/fa-rewards
    Have questions? Get answers by our Tech Talk member support team and knowledgebase http://support.focusattack.com
    Try the KOWAL Hayabusa Octopus restrictor plate for octagonal control of the popular Hori joystick! http://bit.ly/fa-kowal
  • FearlessFearless Joined: Posts: 407
    ^^ This... for my next buy.

I have too many buttons right now that one of those boxes is the perfect way to keep them.
    -And then you asked: What the Hell are you!?

Well, I shall say... I'm God's left hand... Devil's right arm...
    Fearless wrote: »
    ^^ This... for my next buy.

I have too many buttons right now that one of those boxes is the perfect way to keep them.

Will keep this in mind. Again, not every order will allow for it, but I might have a way to work it out. Sanwa's storage for buttons had changed over the last year, so we can't use the plastic trays. I'll talk to Jenni on how we can make them available, if logistically possible.
    Join the FA.R Rewards Program! Earn, share, and redeem chips to save nearly every day! http://bit.ly/fa-rewards
    Have questions? Get answers by our Tech Talk member support team and knowledgebase http://support.focusattack.com
    Try the KOWAL Hayabusa Octopus restrictor plate for octagonal control of the popular Hori joystick! http://bit.ly/fa-kowal
  • EvolderekEvolderek Joined: Posts: 112
    Installed my Crown CWL-307F-J-W in my Hrap4 Kai yesterday. Feels like my old 303-fk that had the upgrade kit from @wazwuz with a slightly stiffer grommet and less dead zone due to the larger actuator. Really happy with it so far. Ive been using a stock Hayabusa and was able to transition and nail my Reptile combos no problem today.
    Hopefully you can get the silicone grommet 307 one of these days, Id love to feel the difference.
    Evolderek wrote: »
    Installed my Crown CWL-307F-J-W in my Hrap4 Kai yesterday. Feels like my old 303-fk that had the upgrade kit from @wazwuz with a slightly stiffer grommet and less dead zone due to the larger actuator. Really happy with it so far. Ive been using a stock Hayabusa and was able to transition and nail my Reptile combos no problem today.
    Hopefully you can get the silicone grommet 307 one of these days, Id love to feel the difference.

307-ST model will be added in a few weeks with our next restock order.

jmanDMC wrote: »

307-ST model will be added in a few weeks with our next restock order.

Solid! thanks for the quick reply and great service as usual!

• merkyofayceMFmerkyofayceMF KING OF THE ANTI-CLUTCH GENE Joined: Posts: 97
    edited April 2015
    Will bottom plexi panels be available?

Also that new blue is the shit.
    DBAC is the code I live by

XBL - merkyofayceMF
    PSN - ever_so_black

one pump chump so I only play ultra for the moment.
    Will bottom plexi panels be available?

Also that new blue is the shit.

Bottom plexi panels will be available for Madcatz TE and Pro to start. These will not replace the entire bottom panel, but will allow for art.
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,980

That's an interesting bit of info! So the CWL-307F-J-W has higher tension than your 303-FK with the wazwuz kit?
    Ikagi-chan wrote: »

That's an interesting bit of info! So the CWL-307F-J-W has higher tension than your 303-FK with the wazwuz kit?

It definitely does. I did realize after I posted this I had the medium stiffness in my 303-FK for a majority of the time. I bought a medium and hard grommet set and a set of Omrons from him last year and felt the hard was way to stiff for my liking. However, the 307F-J-W grommet feels in between those two. So far I am enjoying it a bunch more than the FK.

edited April 2015
    Update: My mistake. I ran into the warehouse and didn't check all inventory (Jenni does that). We did get Sanwa Royal Blue OBSC 30mm and 24mm, plus OBSFS silent 30mm in that color. What's remaining is M&M plungers, which I'll get to later.

70e68c8bd2ab1e95bec8d9dc823a0e8d.jpg
    Post edited by jmanDMC on
  • FattyWinnarzFattyWinnarz Joined: Posts: 328
    Man, those royal blue OBSC's are what I thought the OBSC dark blues I ordered a few weeks back were gonna look like :(
    Man, those royal blue OBSC's are what I thought the OBSC dark blues I ordered a few weeks back were gonna look like :(

We have recently updated photos of all pushbuttons with new ones. Dark Blue is a very confusing color from Sanwa.
  • FattyWinnarzFattyWinnarz Joined: Posts: 328
    Yeah it wasn't so much dark blue as it was like a greyish blue. I'll just use them to have backup switches in the future and I'll order two of these with my next order.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,878
    edited April 2015
    Agieze wrote: »
    posted this here, since thread dedicated to "korean sticks" is like dead, discussions seem active only on store threads eg Etokki, PA or FA for example.
    Maybe someone with the knowledge and insight should take the initiative, and cobble together a new Korean stick thread with a easy to follow guide or FAQ.

I would do it myself, but I never used a Korean stick before.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."