KOF 98UM Final Edition?

Comments

• CiberneticoCibernetico Joined: Posts: 307
    Does anyone have any knowledge on how this Nesica system works? Would it be possible for someone to import one of these systems and download the games available or is this so far an exclusive to Japan only?
  • rogueyoshirogueyoshi Nothing Comes Easy Joined: Posts: 1,928
    Does anyone have any knowledge on how this Nesica system works? Would it be possible for someone to import one of these systems and download the games available or is this so far an exclusive to Japan only?
    Japan only.
    nignagnog: minority report
    nignagnog: you got punished for your future crimes
    BossG: anybody that's black already suffers under pre-crime laws
  • tofuboy33tofuboy33 Joined: Posts: 8
    Japan only.

Does this mean that the final edition will be available ONLY in Japan?
    If that is so,it definitely sucks! Especially after reading on all the changes I'm dying to try the game!
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    ...Why are you surprised?
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,401
    maybe will get this update for psn by the end of the year with perfect net code!!!???

:sweat:
  • XTGXTG Gimme mah DYREKTEEV Joined: Posts: 2,363
    maybe will get this update for psn by the end of the year with perfect net code!!!???

:sweat:

You are bleeding delusional. Somebody get this poster a bucket of water and exposed wires, please.
    a real job, first day of a road trip, or a blowjob should be the only reason to wake up at 7am
  • tofuboy33tofuboy33 Joined: Posts: 8
    You are bleeding delusional. Somebody get this poster a bucket of water and exposed wires, please.

Lol! Don't blame him,i bet everyone else here wishes for the same thing silently!
    Hope it comes to SE Asia...
  • danixcodanixco Joined: Posts: 39
    Translation with Google, maybe someone can clear these statements, looks like there's lag in the NesicaxLive system/method. No more characters, just the tweaks mentioned above. Take it with a grain of salt.

2011?0126? | Project DUEL ??

"2011.01.26 Wednesday
    KOF98UMFE operation
    Author: Projectduel
    Now, Iyo Iyo KOF98UMFE Seems that run on the NESICA.
    KOF98UM adjusted version of this work.
    The base appears to be no different KOF98UM,
    I feel like such a minor change version.

Cotton is expected to play system, but
    And if you do, so I'd like to use the table happily lily.
    However, there is a lag or whatever people were playing.
    And that there is a lag KOF2002UM more.

What a what w
    Measures in the gaming industry lags most major companies now,
    Why does leave out Playmor lag
    Moreover, NESICA housing although I had heard that there is little lag.
    NESICA is to be played
    Even though it was income from entering the system
    This is such a bad Kiga.

Well anyway, is that how much lag
    I do not know and see for yourself,
    I think I'll have to play much in the near future once.
    After that? !

Is wicked"
  • XTGXTG Gimme mah DYREKTEEV Joined: Posts: 2,363
    Lol! Don't blame him,i bet everyone else here wishes for the same thing silently!
    Hope it comes to SE Asia...

Ok, you got me.
    a real job, first day of a road trip, or a blowjob should be the only reason to wake up at 7am
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,556
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,215
    looks like fun
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
  • jamiejame911jamiejame911 Ever learning Joined: Posts: 424
    How good are these changes for Billy K?
    Casually playing:
    SFIV: Fei, Yun
    ST: Ryu, Deejay
    SG: Valentine
  • bennfbennf Joined: Posts: 63

can somebody please tell me which song this is
    Victory means nothing. The fight is everything.
  • Desmond DelaghettoDesmond Delaghetto Ghetto Strategies Joined: Posts: 622

can somebody please tell me which song this is

Diet?
    http://dreamcancel.com/ | Practice everyday without neglect
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,391
    I'm so glad that faygo characters like Beni, Yashiro, and Kyo are god tier again so the Japanese SNK community doesn't have to deal with non-homosexual characters in their game.
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
  • bennfbennf Joined: Posts: 63
    I thought it was AOF but couldn't find it, thanks.
    Victory means nothing. The fight is everything.
  • ryushenryushen Joined: Posts: 103
    SMOAI put some of F.E. MATCHES

• MadeManG74MadeManG74 Joined: Posts: 669
    I'm going to guess the answer is 'fuck no', but is there any slim chance of some kind of console release for this (even if it's Japan-only?)
  • zeechzeech Dismember Joined: Posts: 578
    The near total silence surrounding this game on the various english KOF forums is very telling :/
  • EDDUREDDUR Banana Joined: Posts: 981
    The near total silence surrounding this game on the various english KOF forums is very telling :/
    Hasn't this always been the case regarding kof?
    Love to see this come on ps3/xbox.
    Casually playing:
  • Rugal 3:16Rugal 3:16 Weisinger's disciple Joined: Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Has anyone here played this

I Know Geese has been Buffed to the point of being ridiculously broken but how far has Krauser fallen

has he suffered the Seth from 2001 to 2002 extreme nerf all the way to lower tier, or is it just at least Seth 2000 to 2001 which is slightly nerfed but still decent/good/above average?

and i know it's cliche.. but has Rugal improved in this game? he was uber bad in og 98, turned solid mid-tier/upper mid in 98 UM but how is he in 98 UM FE?
    Kurt Buseik: I am a Marvelite at heart, and I like Thor. So it did pain me to see Thor go down. However, in the depths of my heart, I knew this was the way it should turn out. Not because Superman is THE icon, but because even a post-Crisis Superman would win. Many will bring up Thor's ability to create vortexes and all of the other neat tricks Mjolnir can do, but Thor's history is to head in fist and hammer first, and unless he is on the ropes, Thor rarely utilizes his other abilities. I did find Superman's recognition of Thor as maybe his single greatest opponent an appeasement in light of Superman having died at the hands of Doomsday.

"As for Superman and Thor, it's like he said -- where he comes from, the dials go up to eleven. Superman is stronger and faster, which is probably more about the scales of power in the universe he comes from, but it was enough to let him win a very tough battle. If they fought again tomorrow, it might go the other way. Since being more powerful doesn't make you a better character, I don't see it as a slight on Thor, just as the way things are..."
    i heard krauser remains unchanged from kof98umhero to kof98umfe. its emulated, so i guess you can try him there and see whats up
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    i heard krauser remains unchanged from kof98umhero to kof98umfe. its emulated, so i guess you can try him there and see whats up

Sorry, but no emulation for 98hero which is pgm2. Any PGM1(unknown encryption) and PGM2 emulation is still in development, hell they're not even certain which cpu is used on pgm2. Also, I'm not even sure if 98hero was ever dumped.
    http://mamedev.org/source/src/mame/drivers/pgm2.c.html

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• Za FuuruZa Fuuru Joined: Posts: 199
    Hi guys, just a question. What version of KOF '98 UM is on Xbox Live? Is it the Final Edition?
    Hi guys, just a question. What version of KOF '98 UM is on Xbox Live? Is it the Final Edition?
    nope, vanilla 98um sadly
  • Za FuuruZa Fuuru Joined: Posts: 199
    So maybe it's better to buy KOF 2002 UM. Is that the last version?
    So maybe it's better to buy KOF 2002 UM. Is that the last version?
    yeah
    I wish they would just release this on steam or something.
    Casually playing:
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,326
    edited July 2013
    Tencent does it again and somehow made another deal with SNK, this time to put 98UMFE on PC in China as a Free-to-Play title.

O6vYqoi.jpg
    SDCREN8.jpg

The game features a similar coin system to Tekken Revolution, except much worse. You start off with 5 free coins and that's it. Winning does not get you more coins, but beating your opponent will allow you to either play them again if they put in another coin or allow you to play arcade mode for free. It is possible to buy coins, but I'm not sure how easy that is for US citizens who would want to. The price is 2.50 RMB to 1 in game coin, which is very roughly 50 cents a coin. On top of that, coins recharge once per day instead of 1 coin every 30 minutes.

The game itself is a straight port of the arcade version, which means (besides being seemingly arcade perfect) there is no training mode. The game's rooms feature a main lobby where players can chat with one another and also features what seems to be drop-in-drop-out opponents, but sadly does not currently offer a spectator option. The netcode feels like a sort of GGPO knockoff rollback based online. The few matches I've been able to play so far were kinda jittery (as to be expected in a connection as far away as China), but my inputs did not suffer all that much if at all. The game is apparently still in beta and doesn't seem to be "officially" listed anywhere available for download, but it's not difficult to get the game by any means. Whether this means in the future the coin system will change I do not know, but the possibility is there.

EDIT:
    Spectator is in the game, actually. Just didn't know how to do it.
    Post edited by JohnGrimm on
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Did anyone figure out a tier list for UM FE?
    STOMP!
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,537
    How do you unlock Goenitz and Orochi in the arcade version?
  • SottsSotts Joined: Posts: 56
    someone found a link to download this pc version ?
  • ShishiohShishioh Starbreaker Joined: Posts: 2,921
    Sigh...how do we even BEGIN to set inputs for this?
    "Hitboxes have nothing at all to do with the way a fighting game plays. they are just a means to an end."-Random Discus user
    Written exactly like that.
    http://kof98.qq.com/

You guys can have a crack at it. I got it running but I can't configure anything.
    "Hitboxes have nothing at all to do with the way a fighting game plays. they are just a means to an end."-Random Discus user
    Shishioh wrote: »

You guys can have a crack at it. I got it running but I can't configure anything.

5HUaaWJ.jpg

Enjoy your arcade mode and unplayable online I guess.
    I got it running.

It came with a external client that just runs the game itself without all of the extra shit like the joystick on screen and that's what I was opening, thinking it was the real game.
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,537
    WINBACK wrote: »
    Related:

My area is having a console tournament for 98UM on the PS2, and we're trying to make the rules legit.

Are EX characters allowed?
    No banned characters?
    Ultimate system allowed?
    Default Play Time set to "Normal"?
    Should the "Command" button (L1) be removed? (it's an auto B&B)
    Anything else?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
    @WINBACK
    Heres a tier list from the SRK wiki, it says whats the banned tier at least. EX characters are allowed in KOF 13, so I dont see why youd really ban them in this game if theyre not listed in the banned tier.
    Tiers

God/Boss Tier (Banned): Orochi Iori / Leona, Omega Rugal, Goenitz, Orochi

SSS Tier (Best): Krauser, Geese, Iori

SS Tier (2nd Best): Orochi Chris, EX Geese, Choi

S Tier (Excellent): Daimon, Terry (Both), Saisyu, Takuma

A Tier (Above Average): Brian, Ryo, King (Both), Chris, Orochi Yashiro, Athena, Mr. Big, Rugal

B Tier (Average): Kim, Mature, Yamazaki (both), AOF2 Yuri, Benimaru, Kagura, AOF2 Ryo, Robert, '94 Kyo, Heidern

C Tier (Below Average): Kasumi, Yuri, Leona, Eiji, Yashiro, Mai (Both), Mary (Both), Joe (Both), Kyo, Ralf, Kensou

D Tier (Bad): Clark, Heavy D!, Chang, AOF2 Robert, Vice, Billy (Both), Andy (Both), Shermie, Chin

E Tier (Worst): Orochi Shermie, Shingo, Lucky

You should probably ban the autoBnB button through button checks. Normal time is fine. I dont know much about what can happen with the Ultimate System being selected. You should probably read up more about it and see if it makes some characters game breaking.
    Why wouldn't the Ultimate system be allowed? It's in the arcade version.

Ever wonder why some characters can run AND charge up meter manually? That's why.
  • sibarrazsibarraz Joined: Posts: 191
    JohnGrimm wrote: »

5HUaaWJ.jpg

How do you map buttons?

And yes, online is terrible
    sibarraz wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »

5HUaaWJ.jpg

How do you map buttons?

And yes, online is terrible

How do you think you map the buttons? You click the damn boxes.
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,215
    I might give this whirl one day
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,391
    edited November 2014
    KOF98FE on Steam will NOT...repeat WILL NOT be implementing rollback netcode.
    the dev has stated they will be using, lmao, input delay.

that's a 100% no buy for me.

no thanks to the hellish frustrations of garbage netcode. I regret my KOFXIII and ULTRA SF4 purchases on steam.
    not making those mistakes again.
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Those who purchase KOF98FE (pre order and you can save!) let me know how the netcode is. No rollback is very disappointing however. I would be on it in a heartbeat if it used GGPO. So would a ton of people.

• SottsSotts Joined: Posts: 56
    lets give a chance to the game! i will buy KOf98UMFe. let´s try
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,694
    Bump, anyone try the steam release yet? Netcode?
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,401
    downloading right now
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,346
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    I actually did prepurchase this game, there are so many KOFs and this is often cited as the Mt Everest of the series, the greatest one. I've never owned any version of 98, and my only experience is playing the original '98 a few times on GGPO. Any advice or sources of information/tutorials would be very welcome. Advanced, extra, ultimate mode....all the characters and system mechanics it seems will take awhile to get a grasp on.