Upcoming tournaments, Super Turbo is back!

TetsuosanTetsuosan WatahhJoined: Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
The Revolution is here and there are many major tourneys coming up featuring st. We would like to help you promote these events through our streams at http://www.dontblowthis.com
If your running a super turbo event or just know about one, post here. Thank you
edit: Can be any tournament that has super turbo, online or offline and in any country.

Super Turbo Tournaments 2011

1. So Cal regionals
Dec. 17-18th
Irvine, CA
http://www.kuroppi.com/2011/09/10/super-turbo-tournament-socal-regionals-dec-17-2011/

2. NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC XII) Dec 3rd & 4th
Sheraton Suites 4101 Island Ave, Philadelphia, PA
Located in the south west Philadelphia area 1/2 mile from
Philadelphia International Airport

3. Dromstruction - October 22nd & 23rd
Freeborn Hall, UC Davis, CA 95616
14,000+ sq ft venue to enjoy food, games and products
brought to you by local businesses and the fighting game community!

4. Season's Beatings: Velocity
Oct 14-16, 2011
Arcade H2H ST singles and 3v3 teams (Columbus, OH)

5. focus fire/keits event fighters x shooters
september 3 northbrook il.

6. GVN Summer Jam 5-(SJ5)- in Philly Augs 27th & 28th 2011
Sheraton Hotel
4101A Island Avenue,
Philadelphia, PA? 19153
(215) 492-0400?

7. ST @ EVO
Date: July 29th
Platform: CPS2 Supergun

8 .Midwest Championships 2011(USA SBO Qual)
June 24-25, 2011
Hickory Hollow Mall
5252 Hickory Hollow Parkway
Antioch, TN 37013 - in the Nashville metro area

9. East Coast Throwdown 3 "EVO 2011 Event" :: Morristown, NJ | June 25-26, 2011

10. Lake Erie Summer Slam II: The Revenge -- Cleveland, OH -- Saturday, June 18, 2011
Fox & Hound Sports Restaurant (8735 Day Drive - Parma, OH 44129, 440-842-8840).

11. Revelations
Date: June 11
Game: Super Turbo
Platform: Supergun

12. Battle for Seattle
Deca Hotel, May 28-29

13. UFGT7 - Chicago IL - May 27-29, 2011
Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook

14. FINAL ROUND XIV
Friday, March 11, 2011 - Sunday, March 13, 2011
Location Hilton Atlanta Airport 

15. Naptown Clutch (Indianapolis, IN -- February 19, 2011)
Tilt Studios Arcade in the Circle Centre Mall in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana

16. GVN Winter Brawl in Philly, Sheraton Hotel
Feb 26th & 27th 2011

International

1.ESB2K (European Street Battle)
3/4 december
Lyon, France
2v2 Arcade ST (and Arcade 3s, Arcade AE)

2. RedFightDistrict
22/23 Okt
Weesp, The Netherlands (Amsterdam area)
Arcade ST, Head to Head supergun.

3. XMANIA Europe
saturday, june 4 and sunday, june 5 2011:
Toulouse, France. Venue is one of the biggest arcade venue in Europe, Neo Arcadia.

4. World Game Cup Cannes, France.
February 25th-27th 2011, Contact Neo Empire Forum
Arcade
Huge scale event.

Comments

• papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    howard/rambo/damdai

I know some of you are going to NEC this weekend. Is anyone going to record the footage?

Too bad DSP won't go. Otherwise he can make a lot of waves for ST and show his fans the excitement of a big tournament.

Also, I noticed mizuki is flying out there to play MBAA, AH3 (he loved those stuff), would you guys talk to him and see if he can help (even just with equipment) to stream the ST pool?

Thanks
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • TetsuosanTetsuosan Watahh Joined: Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    howard/rambo/damdai

I know some of you are going to NEC this weekend. Is anyone going to record the footage?

Too bad DSP won't go. Otherwise he can make a lot of waves for ST and show his fans the excitement of a big tournament.

Also, I noticed mizuki is flying out there to play MBAA, AH3 (he loved those stuff), would you guys talk to him and see if he can help (even just with equipment) to stream the ST pool?

Thanks

Neither myself nor, Rambo will be attending NEC this year. So I'm hoping that someone will be able to record the event and put it up. I feel really bad about not attending, but finances prohibit me from going.

But if anyone has a ggpo an online event that they would like us to record please feel free to let myself or rambo know so that we can go ahead and stream the event for you.
  • FulaaniFulaani Of terrorist descent Joined: Posts: 2,555
    US only?
    zoning took an indefinite hiatus
  • Jimmy BonesJimmy Bones U know the deal gee! Joined: Posts: 1,588
    US only?

2nd.
    Also known as LordJimmyBones.

ST: Rog, O.Ken, Claw
    GGXrd: Leo
    SFV: Rog, Guile, Claw, Sim
    No as long as our PC can view it than there won't be any issues.
    oh so it has to have a stream? i thought you just meant promote it like "hey guys theres a tourney coming up" lol.
    oh so it has to have a stream? i thought you just meant promote it like "hey guys theres a tourney coming up" lol.

Sorry, it can an be any tournament that has super turbo, online or offline and in any country. We will do what we can to help promote it. The guys in the midwest have already told us about a few events coming up. Let us know about some more.
    Thunderkick 4, UK.
    Thunder Kick 4 - Neo Empire Forum
    feb 5 2011
    Supergun
    small scale but contact JPJ if you're interested.

World Game Cup Cannes, France.
    World Game Cup - 25th-27th February 2011, Cannes France - Neo Empire Forum
    feb 25-27 2011
    Arcade
    Huge scale event.
  • Silver Rain 007Silver Rain 007 Professional Economist Joined: Posts: 2,108
    I know this may not get a whole lot of love here, but I do at least want to mention it.

February 19, 2011, in Indianapolis we're going to run a Classic Mode tourney (that's the 'main' game) and HDR singles and teams on the side. We don't have cabs and we thought about running ST on dreamcast but it quickly turned into a logistical nightmare so we're going to run it on 360. I know its not 'perfect' but hopefully some people will be interested and after you guys play Classic Mode maybe you'll hang around for Remixed solo and teams.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and hopefully I'll see some of you in America's most underrated city in February.
    I wanted to put something witty about Economics and E-Sports here... but all I can say is wow... the people who signed up to take my class on E-Sports... fail.
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    I actually can not make it to NEC this year sadly, so I can't record shit.
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
  • GrogGrog discombobulatingly Joined: Posts: 3,617
    Focus Fire will have arcade ST with $25 entry this weekend. Don't count on seeing it on the stream though since Street Fighter 2 doesn't end in 4.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • D-ProtoD-Proto Execution God Joined: Posts: 824
    you guys should make a monthly GGPO ST tourney, that would be cool.
    ST Mains: Deejay, Balrog.
    SFA2 Mains: Sodom, Gen, Adon.
    SFA3 Mains: Gen, Sodom.
    SFIII3s Mains: Q
    SSF4AE Mains: Gen.
    Here's the thread that grog talked about

http://shoryuken.com/f7/focus-fire-wong-marn-keits-kbeast-more-dec-11-12-%2410k-prizes-livestream-247063/

It is located at La Crosse, Wisconsin.

BTW the guy who is bringing the cab just pm'ed me saying that he is going to put in brand new sanwa JLF stick + new sanwa buttons to make the arcade experience perfect!

And it is going to run on JP SSF2X board with T3 speed.

Please support them if it is close to where you live.
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Here's the thread that grog talked about

http://shoryuken.com/f7/focus-fire-wong-marn-keits-kbeast-more-dec-11-12-%2410k-prizes-livestream-247063/

It is located at La Crosse, Wisconsin.

BTW the guy who is bringing the cab just pm'ed me saying that he is going to put in brand new sanwa JLF stick + new sanwa buttons to make the arcade experience perfect!

And it is going to run on JP SSF2X board with T3 speed.

Please support them if it is close to where you live.

Oh wow that's great news, thanks!
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    Focus Fire has live stream today. Too bad they didn't do a good job of spreading the words.

Focus Fire Live Feed - live streaming video powered by Livestream

They even streamed the ST side tourney!

Live Show [livestream] Sat Dec 11 2010 07:25:09 PM on Focus Fire Live Feed - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Live Show [livestream] Sat Dec 11 2010 07:49:16 PM on Focus Fire Live Feed - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Anyone know who entered?

*Edit*

just found out jwong won every fg tournaments @ focus fire -_-

http://shoryuken.com/f6/focus-fire-2010-december-aftermath-blizzard-rama-259535/

ssf4 single teams randoms, 3s, st, hdr, tekken, tvc, Blazblue & Vampire Savior WTF!
    The first link under tourney is part of the high stakes (though it was dropped to $20 a head). I'm Sim on P2 side and munn3yx from WI is Rog on P1 side. Only 3 of us entered so it was a round robin with points, where each pair played 3 games and you add up your wins at the end. Justin won with 5 (2 from me and 3 wins from munn3y), I in second with 3 points (one from Justin and 2 from munn3y) and munn3y in 3rd with one point from me. I just got home and my connection is SHIT so I'll probably update this tomorrow after I can actually watch the vids since they're buffering too slow. Also after this they decided to do an on the spot $5 entry fee tourney also where 9 people entered.

Edit: ok watching now first tourney link is high stakes, Justin is after munn3y and played O Sagat first then switched to Chun and handily beat my ass. She is a cunt.

The last match of that was me (on p1 side this time) vs munn3y again, but this was the first game of the normal tourney. Everyone got a bye except for the two of us, which if you ask me if anyone entered the high stakes they should've received byes :arazz:. It cuts out because the stream died so I hear, but I actually came back to win that 2-0 and so munn3y essentially started that tourney in losers then. The next link is when it came back to life and Justin is the sagat and the Chun/Vega was Shogun from Minneapolis (this is at 00:56 in).

Oh well looks like that's where it ended. Sorry guys, I'm pretty sure everything got recorded though, give the guys at LEAST a week though to recover and sort through everything.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • zenblasterzenblaster Joined: Posts: 717
    here is the next one that I'm hosting (sorry I dont know anything about streaming or i would) http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8485/flyer1copy.jpg
    mikado arcade linked up with Neo-Arcade in Toulouse to host an official X-Mania even in Europe.
    I apologize for the lack of updates, but to help promote this I will be putting these up on youtube, on our stream on sunday, and on mine and possibly Rambo's youtube page.
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 891
    GVN Winter Brawl will be running ST. I do not know the current number of participants.
    I put the tournaments on the dbt twitter, and will be announcing them on sundays stream.
  • zenblasterzenblaster Joined: Posts: 717
    thanks
    We will be shouting out the following tournaments on our stream tomorrow(jan 9th @ 2pm est) about every hour or so. Let us know if there is something we missed asap.

West Coast Warzone Date: 1/15/2011
    100 The City Drive
    Orange, CA 92868 (West Coast Warzone 3)
    Time: 4pm (right after the HDR pools)
    Entry Fee: $10
    Format: Double Elimination Best 3/5 Games. Grand Finals: Best 4/7 games
    Rules: Akuma banned...of course.

Columbus Bar Battles: Gaiden (Columbus, OH -- 1/22/11)
    this will have arcade ST singles
    Columbus Bar Battles: Gaiden - Jan 22 @ MOMO2 - Justin Wong, PR Rog, Flash Metroid!

Naptown Clutch (Indianapolis, IN -- 2/19/11)
    Classic mode singles (may change to arcade) and HDR 2v2
    NapTown Clutch - Indianapolis, IN - 2/19/11- SSF4, 3S, HDR, MvC2 low tier, & MvC3!!

GVN Winter Brawl in Philly
    Feb 26th & 27th 2011

Thunderkick 4, UK.
    saturday feb 5th - Gloucester, south-west UK
    2:00pm-6:00pm
    Supergun
    small scale but contact JPJ if you're interested.

World Game Cup Cannes, France.
    World Game Cup - 25th-27th February 2011, Cannes France - Neo Empire Forum
    feb 25-27 2011
    Arcade
    Huge scale event.

XMANIA Europe
    saturday, june 4 and sunday, june 5 2011 :
    Toulouse, France. Venue is one of the biggest arcade venue in our country, Neo Arcadia.
    World Game Cup Cannes has changed the SSF2X tournament to a 2VS2 format on saturday the 26th. (theres also arcade tournaments for KOF, 3s, GG)

Also, small thing, Neo Empire is the UK community forum. There is no unified European community forum. But Neo Empire usually does a good job keeping the international event forums up to date.

XMania Europa will have 3VS3, Solo, and Solo 3VS3 (a la starcup) tournaments, plus a 10VS10 France vs World Exhibition. That would be nice to note if you mention it in the future.

Good shit on including european events in your stream promotions.
  • blinky77blinky77 *sip* Joined: Posts: 1,367
    Midwest Championships 2011
    June 24-25, 2011
    Hickory Hollow Mall
    Antioch, TN 37013 - in the Nashville metro area

Super Street Fighter II TURBO tournament
    Arcade (possibly with PlayStation controller converters again, on Japanese cabinets)
    2/3 Games, 2/3 Rounds
    $20 entry
    1st Place-60% of the entry fees
    2nd Place-20% of the entry fees
    3rd Place-10% of the entry fees

http://shoryuken.com/f7/mwc-2011-original-midwest-championships-june-24th-25th-sat-sun-nashville-tn-261348/
    UFGT 2011 will have arcade ST singles and teams on Astro City Versus cabinets.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • DontBlowThis.comDontBlowThis.com ST Revolution Joined: Posts: 54
    UFGT 2011 will have arcade ST singles and teams on Astro City Versus cabinets.

Thanks grogster, looking forward to that one.
    Welcome to the Super Turbo Revolution, streaming on random sundays at http://dontblowthis.com/
    So much good st going on and coming up!

First post has been updated with the events we will be shouting out on the stream sunday (feb 13th @ 3pm est) Please let us know asap if there is anything missing. Thank you
    Welcome to the Super Turbo Revolution, streaming on random sundays at http://dontblowthis.com/
  • SilksSilks What're ya countin'em for? Joined: Posts: 799
    This thread makes me happy. I've got vacation weeks to schedule for the next year after May, and I'd like to actually attend some tourneys again. ST being the only tourney game I'd care about competing in these days, this helps a lot.
    Evo2k9 - "OMG, are you SERIOUS? AT WHAT LEVEL IS HE PLAYING AT?"
    This thread makes me happy. I've got vacation weeks to schedule for the next year after May, and I'd like to actually attend some tourneys again. ST being the only tourney game I'd care about competing in these days, this helps a lot.

Awesome, hope to see you at one of these. Arcade ST is back big this year.
    Justin.tv - Live Streaming Video

ST singles @ FR right now!

tokido / ultra david / sabin / afro cole are playing

ultra david / dsp are commentating

tokido is up!

edit: stick malfunction. tourney will continue off stream. they are going to stream sf4/mvc3 instead.

DSP is beginning to upload the ST footage at

http://www.youtube.com/user/DSPStreetFighter#g/u
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    I don't know where to post this really, but I can't stream anymore off supergun/consoles. My capture device broke and I have no funds what so ever to buy a new one. Just wanted to tell you ST guys this so you don't come asking me to stream :/
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
    No worries man. Just come and play ST when it happens.
    Non-stop Super Turbo actions this June.......
    We are updating the thread again as we just got word we will be hosting SBO qualifiers for a 3rd time! This one will be the same as last year, Super Turbo 3 separate singles tournaments to get a 3 on 3 team....

2011 SBO US qualifiers

June 24th-26th Fri/Sat/Sun Nashville, TN !

This is the original and longest running major Street Fighter tournament in the nation and will be held in Nashville, TN for the first time ever June 24-26, 2011!

Where:
    Hickory Hollow Mall
    Antioch, TN 37013
    615 731 1500
    (somewhere in the mall run by Game Galaxy arcade)

http://shoryuken.com/f7/mwc-sbo-japanese-qual-super-turbo-jun-24-26-fri-sat-sun-nashville-tn-sfae-mvc3-mk9-261348/

Xmania Europe

Saturday, june 4 and sunday, june 5 2011

x mania europe will take place in Toulouse, France. Venue is one of the biggest arcade venue in our country, it's called Neo Arcadia.

http://shoryuken.com/f223/x-mania-europe-260984/?daysprune=-1
  • nomrahnomrah Joined: Posts: 1,043
    For those in the midwest, Ghaleon and I are throwing another tourney this June, with arcade ST:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/lake-erie-summer-slam-ii-the-revenge-6-18-cle-oh.134300/#post-5350166
  • JizzonJizzon ...or Thenarus, whichever. Joined: Posts: 650
    ^^ Damn, wish I could make it; looks great! Any chance for a ST stream, nomrah (or Ghaleon)?
  • nomrahnomrah Joined: Posts: 1,043
    No plans for a stream period unfortunately, the venue's internet is complete garbage :(
    http://www.justin.tv/leveluplive

ST UFGT7 streaming right now, get on!

very nice h2h setup....

congrats damdaigo!

dsp also uploaded pool matches here

http://www.youtube.com/user/DSPStreetFighter#g/u

thanks to roybisel / ultradavid / dsp

edit: damdai got pwned 3:0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMgwL5nZ0EM

dsp vs jwong
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnNNejsrIPc

Can someone list the results for East Coast Throwdown 3 super turbo?