Sailor Moon S - Arcana Heart? We know thee not. The All-Girls Fighter of kings.

Comments

• CorenCoren Sponsored By CrossXoveR Joined: Posts: 395
    Y'all are fucking free.

wtf happened Hal?
    <deadfrog> Fun exercise: if you make a list of every single fighting game you would feel ashamed to play in front of your dad, you'll notice that Coren plays all of those games. Which is commendable.
    <deadfrog> I pulled up the stream archive from bonus stage and having face cams is AWESOME. You look like Thouther, btw.
  • Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    Y'all are fucking free.

wtf happened Hal?
    Should have come to Skillionaire to show us how it's done imo. . .
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
  • CorenCoren Sponsored By CrossXoveR Joined: Posts: 395
    Should have come to Skillionaire to show us how it's done imo. . .

Had I known you needed to be shown so hard I'd have skipped class and booked the flight to there from Vancouver.
    <deadfrog> Fun exercise: if you make a list of every single fighting game you would feel ashamed to play in front of your dad, you'll notice that Coren plays all of those games. Which is commendable.
    <deadfrog> I pulled up the stream archive from bonus stage and having face cams is AWESOME. You look like Thouther, btw.
  • Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    Oh well, next time...

Oh wait...
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
  • zenzenzenzen キムチ悪い Joined: Posts: 3,487
    THREAD IS DEAD :(

So last night, I ended up streaming a few matches of me vs a friend, then right after that, Spooky started streaming this for Kings of Poverty. Did anyone watch here watch the TS matches? If so, how good of matches were they?
    <dominos> what 2d isn't real?
    <AlterGenesis-X> my world is over
    <Stabby> "come back when you lose a few dimensions"
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,528
    God I wish I lived in Americaland again just so I wouldn't miss the awesomeness of SMS streams.

Even if I can know when they're up, and reach the site...Chinese innernets. Evo at times was almost like a badly done animated GIF.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: http://twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 985
    So I noticed that there's another Sailor Moon fighting game on the SNES called Super S.

What's the difference between S and Super S?
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    rtLig.png
    Her and worse balance.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,674
    Bumping because this game is awesome.

What do people use to play online? Z-net or SNES9x?

Edit- I was just testing out S vs Super S on two emulators running at the same time, some of the changes are weird, most of them are just new or removed moves. Mar's one fire-fang projectile moves slower, making it much better imo. Also, Venus's new projectile doesn't seem that good.

Edit 2: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18767924 this video is amazing
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,528
    I haven't tried but i'd probably use the former.
    I don't even know how well it'd go, being in China. Trying to finish up my stick this week, anyone want to test it up with me?

Sent from a phone, using an app that I purchased from an App Store, that appends this signature above my signature to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: http://twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    What do people use to play online? Z-net or SNES9x?

From what I tried of Snes9k, the netplay was hella wack. From GA to NJ, the games would freeze every few matches, but I figure it was because I was playing on LOLKALLERIA. I tried out ZSNES's P2P and it was better, although had a few lag issues. I figure that Snes9k P2P is probably the best for netplay, although I could never figure out how to set it up correctly.
    Awesome, I'll download Zbattle later and we'll give it a whirl.
    Awesome, I'll download Zbattle later and we'll give it a whirl.

http://z-net.cu.cc/

Zbattle is down for some reason, use this. Its pretty much the same thing.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    *Well I was trying to just click "watch thread" but that doesn't seem to be working so hopefully posting does the trick.*
    Uranus infinite is something like [c.lp c.lp, c.hp xx forward dash] xN, right?
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,351
    I thought loli moon was top tier.

I need to know, I only play lolis in any/every fighting game I play.

No lolis, no love.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?

No lolis, no love.
    She's fun and gimmicky at least lol
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,536
    I wanna start playing again, I think I'll pick up Venus this time around?
    Uranus infinite is something like [c.lp c.lp, c.hp xx forward dash] xN, right?

iirc it's just [c.lpx2 xx fwd dash] but I might be wrong, w/e

No lolis, no love.

Gimmixxxxxxxx
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,536
    Nooooo the SM vids on Soh85's channel are gone ;_; And I don't remember the url for the SM breakdown on Nico aaaaahhhhhhhh

Anyway... throws are silly. After a throw that leaves the opponent feet first in the corner (ex, Neptune), you can set up jump-in shenanigans. What ends up happening is when you jump over them as they get up, their sprite gets flipped around so if they were to try and block normally, they just walk forward into the corner and get bopped. Lulz. You can also time it so the jump-in doesn't crossup. Works with everyone but Mars, Pluto, and Chibi.
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

• Ryu NiiyamaRyu Niiyama Joined: Posts: 4
    OMG I didn't know that folks still played this game. *starts looking for my copy*
    SRK y u delete my original account? *sad dragon*
  • orochi1017orochi1017 Cult of Personality Joined: Posts: 912
    So I decided to interview Yipes about this game at PAX. Because who wants to see another boring old Marvel video.

It's DaiAndOh or just Dai
    "The purpose of striking a pose is not to become like a wallpaper. That's why we chant loudly when we pose, to draw attention to our magnificence."
    Sup bros, anyone still care about this game? lol... ANYWAY

Watch live video from daiandoh on www.twitch.tv Around 40mins of matches from last night, starting at about 2:50. Spur of the moment thing kinda. Players were:

Alzarath (Neptune/Mercury)
    XAQShinor (Mars)
    Mynus (Jupiter)
    DaiAndOh (Blue Uranus)
    A3Religion (Black Uranus)
    DandyStepper (Mercury)

Been a minute since I touched this, felt good to go in on it even for a little while :D

I was about to post this. Good job Alz.

It would be great to actually have a dedicated gathering/stream/tournament for this game one weekend, with NTF, Skillionaire, Yipes, Roku, etc. (not like ACR drops anytime soon).
    "The purpose of striking a pose is not to become like a wallpaper. That's why we chant loudly when we pose, to draw attention to our magnificence."
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    +1 for "how did I only see this thread now?"

Spirit Juice introduced the game to me about a year or two ago and it's good shit. It's brutal and cheap, like Super Turbo. Thread subscribed.
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    orochi1017 wrote: »
    I was about to post this. Good job Alz.

It would be great to actually have a dedicated gathering/stream/tournament for this game one weekend, with NTF, Skillionaire, Yipes, Roku, etc. (not like ACR drops anytime soon).

Maybe we should try and set something up over the summer? I'd love another chance to showcase this game ;o

I care, I'm just having piss poor luck finding a Linux emulator that'll run this game right anymore. Either it won't go past character select, or there's random invisible projectiles.
  • POS IndustriesPOS Industries As seen on TV! Joined: Posts: 48
    Please tell me somebody's running a setup for this at Evo.

And if nobody is, how do we make this happen?
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,807
    edited June 2013
    I thought up a tier list for the Super S version while playing with friends the other day.

Top:
    Saturn

High:
    Neptune

Mid:
    Jupiter
    Mars
    Pluto
    Moon
    Uranus
    Mercury
    Venus

Bottom:
    Chibi-Moon

Saturn is so powerful it's not funny. Her weak air fireball can lock many characters in the corner (you can backdash to avoid damage but you will be stuck there, and sooner or later one will hit you),, she has insane priority with her staff, if she throws you in the corner she can mix you up extremely badly, her projectile damage is extremely high, and she has a great desperation that can infinite on hit OR block (though it is extremely hard to do.) You can block the last hit of her desperation, but the chip will hurt (Still better than the 50% it does unblocked.) Only real weakness is a lack of a reversal (though she has a quick backdash, so using that when under pressure will get her out of many situations.)

Neptune's DP is the best DP in the game, and she still has her low projectile and even gained a decent high projectile. Solid character all around.

Jupiter lost her ground projectile and got an average one in return, but she is still a powerhouse that can chip you badly with her air fireball and 360 you all day.

Mars lost her AA fireball and got another bad one. Still has her great ax kick and corner lock, but zoning is harder for her.

Pluto can hurt if she corners you with her fierce tornado and her new AA projectile helps her a lot. Bad normals though.

Moon lost her air fireball and got a shit ground one in return. Still an okay shoto.

Uranus gained a slow startup anti-air projectile and still has her Shadow Dash move (not sure she can still infinite off of it.). She lacks a solid reversal but her offense makes her a major threat (provided she gets in safely.)

Mercury lost her good charge fireball for a bad non charge one. Still good with her normals and tornado, but that fireball loss hurts quite a bit.

Venus blah blah ground fireball blah blah shit ground fireball blah blah queen of chipping blah blah needs corner to be effective.

Chibi-moon just plain sucks and requires a lot of skill to play. She lost her fullscreen chip DM and got a auto tracking instant hit projectile in return, but the startup and recovery are horrible.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

edited June 2013
    Please tell me somebody's running a setup for this at Evo.

And if nobody is, how do we make this happen?

The first time I come to Evo (not this year sadly), everyone better get their sticks prepped for SNES, because I'm bringing my SNES with my hard copy of the game. No emus when I'm around.

If no one brings a setup, just bring your laptop, ZSNES, and a ROM.
    Honestly, that was what I hated about Super S, is a lot of characters lost great tools for really bad ones, some lost mediocre ones for bad ones, and one character that really didn't need a buff was Neptune, and she got one, and Saturn is just...retarded. Obviously Akuma in this game.
  • POS IndustriesPOS Industries As seen on TV! Joined: Posts: 48
    If no one brings a setup, just bring your laptop, ZSNES, and a ROM.
    Yeah, I was afraid it was gonna come down to me having to do it myself and just wanted to make sure nobody else was planning to before I brought a whole bunch of extra crap with me to Evo.

Guess I'll have to go ahead and test out whether the old laptop supports PS3 sticks.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,807
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, that was what I hated about Super S, is a lot of characters lost great tools for really bad ones, some lost mediocre ones for bad ones, and one character that really didn't need a buff was Neptune, and she got one, and Saturn is just...retarded. Obviously Akuma in this game.

Yeah, I'm sure there are other nerfs I'm missing. I know Jupiter got her Axel Kick nerfed (no longer hits 15 times on cross up.) It still does, I was just doing it wrong.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

When I can, I'm practicing Jupiter and Moon. I've got some good Neptune tech now, I just need more matchup experience.

(Which I'm obviously not going to get without being back around actual players of the game.)

@Alzarath, does Mynus know about Jupiter's BDC Air Projectile? I think it'd be a useful tool in his inventory, and there are certainly several instances where it's going to be needed.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure he knows.

Cool, just thought I'd ask because I didn't remember seeing it in his matches.

Not to say it's the easiest thing to do in the game, though. But it really is useful for a Jupiter player.
    edited July 2013
    I can see why they didn't bother with the life bar in training mode.
    7Qlk8nZ.png

edit: Which one looks better?
    TdIMYID.png
    dD0KdLk.png

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

edited July 2013
    So I found you can do supers with <10 seconds left on the clock, regardless of health. Is this well known?
    orochi1017 wrote: »
    So I found you can do supers with <10 seconds left on the clock, regardless of health. Is this well known?
    Wow that's a pretty cool mechanic actually lol
    Also pretty sure I found charge buffering in this game. Not sure how useful it will be though. Does anyone except Venus have a flashkick motion?
    edited August 2013
    Finished up the script it allows supers at any time now.
    Supers can kill the opponent so if your dummy is at low life then attack till it resets again.

Bizhawk
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/8xphbt5x89dvj8d/SailorMoonTraining(Bizhawk).lua

Snes 9x RR 1.43
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tw4m5emt049o2ds/sailormoontraining(snes9x).lua

Myself and Alzarath got netplay working...and it works pretty well!

http://www.z-net.us/

But yeah, let's play at NEC if anyone is going!
    Wish Z-net had spectating like ggpo lol
    Finally found the old jp match vids I used to study :D

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/14729084#+sort=1

RoGE9 wrote: »
    Wish Z-net had spectating like ggpo lol

I'd be willing to stream if it could. Well I can always stream offline play....

How's lag on Z-Net?

I'll get in on that when I get back to the States.
    @jedpossum though, bringing new life into this game. Awesome, now I have a way to test shit out and know exactly what I'm dealing with.

Any hope for training mode hitboxes? I would really love to see hitboxes on this stuff.
    If it's like Zbattle then you can get some (almost) lagless matches if the connection between you and your opponent is solid.
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    If it's like Zbattle then you can get some (almost) lagless matches if the connection between you and your opponent is solid.

Awesome. I'll jump on that, want to sharpen my ish up.
    If there was one thing I could change about this game, it would be to have the ability to charge at the start of the round. It's a unique nuance to this game, but I'm not a fan of it.

Of course, it's universal, but for characters like Neptune, it assures them that they can start playing the spacing game faster.
    Oh wow. For some reason I thought that was just me. Damn, that kind of sucks.