Sailor Moon S - Arcana Heart? We know thee not. The All-Girls Fighter of kings. (Discord in OP)

Comments

• AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,536
    Sup. This friday evening we are having a Sailor Moon exhibition @ Next Level Arcade.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/nov-25-2011-skillionaire-fighting-8-5-brooklyn-ny.149678/
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,797
    What time? I'll try to tune in if you can get it streamed.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,536
    7:30 PM EST. It will most likely be streamed.

http://twitch.tv/min2012 Keep an eye out!
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

• zenzenzenzen heartfelt fancy Joined: Posts: 3,489
    And then no one showed up.

:(
    <dominos> what 2d isn't real?
    <AlterGenesis-X> my world is over
    <Stabby> "come back when you lose a few dimensions"
  • mugenmidgetmugenmidget The intruder will not elude me. Joined: Posts: 62
    Damn. :( I was looking forward to it.
    Multi Tap Classic Console Showcase, multiplayer retro gaming streams and more! Follow our channel to find out when we're live: http://www.justin.tv/mugenmidget

MOV playing some SMS
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,524
    I didn't expect my favorite Senshi to be god-tier, nor a Sailor Moon thread on Shoryuken.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • orochi1017orochi1017 Cult of Personality Joined: Posts: 912
    I learned this game past weekend. Learned some Uranus minus infinite cause my text answer wasn't delivered till 4 AM lol. Gonna try to learn Venus later too.
    It's DaiAndOh or just Dai
    "The purpose of striking a pose is not to become like a wallpaper. That's why we chant loudly when we pose, to draw attention to our magnificence."
    Anyone up for some netplay this weekend?

Snes9k seems to have the best netplay for SNES.
    If I can fix my stick so at least my Cthulhu works, I think so.

No guarantees on how good a connection we'll get, but I'd be up to try.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • Blood FeastBlood Feast h8 Joined: Posts: 139
    Evo side tournament?
    We had an 8 person tourny in NY. Godly. Vids later.
    "The purpose of striking a pose is not to become like a wallpaper. That's why we chant loudly when we pose, to draw attention to our magnificence."
    We had an 8 person tourny in NY. Godly. Vids later.
    I want to multiaccount just to like this more.

Sent from China using CHINGCHONGWINGWONGTINGTONGtalk.
    We got Sailor Moon on the front page essentially.

You all wish you lived in NY.
    I wished I lived anywhere that a good connection for this game would be possible.

But offline is better. The speed feels off on emu after playing this on snes.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    The speed feels off on emu after playing this on snes.
    Slower or faster? Or... dropped frames??
    Slower or faster? Or... dropped frames??
    Lots of speed ups and slowdowns. Could just be my laptop or playing it on Linux emus.

But if nothing hiccups, definitely a little faster I think.

http://www.twitch.tv/dirtyberet Rithli doing a tutorial. Check out the archives if you missed it.

http://www.twitch.tv/dirtyberet

Sailor Moon going to be on stream soon (currently VSav is on). Some key players are missing unfortunately, but it should still be entertaining.

• CorenCoren Sponsored By CrossXoveR Joined: Posts: 395
    Y'all are fucking free.

wtf happened Hal?
    <deadfrog> Fun exercise: if you make a list of every single fighting game you would feel ashamed to play in front of your dad, you'll notice that Coren plays all of those games. Which is commendable.
    <deadfrog> I pulled up the stream archive from bonus stage and having face cams is AWESOME. You look like Thouther, btw.
  • Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    Y'all are fucking free.

wtf happened Hal?
    Should have come to Skillionaire to show us how it's done imo. . .
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
  • CorenCoren Sponsored By CrossXoveR Joined: Posts: 395
    Should have come to Skillionaire to show us how it's done imo. . .

Had I known you needed to be shown so hard I'd have skipped class and booked the flight to there from Vancouver.
    <deadfrog> Fun exercise: if you make a list of every single fighting game you would feel ashamed to play in front of your dad, you'll notice that Coren plays all of those games. Which is commendable.
    <deadfrog> I pulled up the stream archive from bonus stage and having face cams is AWESOME. You look like Thouther, btw.
  • Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    Oh well, next time...

Oh wait...
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
    THREAD IS DEAD :(

So last night, I ended up streaming a few matches of me vs a friend, then right after that, Spooky started streaming this for Kings of Poverty. Did anyone watch here watch the TS matches? If so, how good of matches were they?
    God I wish I lived in Americaland again just so I wouldn't miss the awesomeness of SMS streams.

Even if I can know when they're up, and reach the site...Chinese innernets. Evo at times was almost like a badly done animated GIF.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 985
    So I noticed that there's another Sailor Moon fighting game on the SNES called Super S.

What's the difference between S and Super S?
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    rtLig.png
    Her and worse balance.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,694
    Bumping because this game is awesome.

What do people use to play online? Z-net or SNES9x?

Edit- I was just testing out S vs Super S on two emulators running at the same time, some of the changes are weird, most of them are just new or removed moves. Mar's one fire-fang projectile moves slower, making it much better imo. Also, Venus's new projectile doesn't seem that good.

Edit 2: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18767924 this video is amazing
    I haven't tried but i'd probably use the former.
    I don't even know how well it'd go, being in China. Trying to finish up my stick this week, anyone want to test it up with me?

Sent from a phone, using an app that I purchased from an App Store, that appends this signature above my signature to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.
    What do people use to play online? Z-net or SNES9x?

From what I tried of Snes9k, the netplay was hella wack. From GA to NJ, the games would freeze every few matches, but I figure it was because I was playing on LOLKALLERIA. I tried out ZSNES's P2P and it was better, although had a few lag issues. I figure that Snes9k P2P is probably the best for netplay, although I could never figure out how to set it up correctly.
    Awesome, I'll download Zbattle later and we'll give it a whirl.
    Awesome, I'll download Zbattle later and we'll give it a whirl.

http://z-net.cu.cc/

Zbattle is down for some reason, use this. Its pretty much the same thing.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    *Well I was trying to just click "watch thread" but that doesn't seem to be working so hopefully posting does the trick.*
    Uranus infinite is something like [c.lp c.lp, c.hp xx forward dash] xN, right?
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,351
    I thought loli moon was top tier.

I need to know, I only play lolis in any/every fighting game I play.

No lolis, no love.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?

No lolis, no love.
    She's fun and gimmicky at least lol
    I wanna start playing again, I think I'll pick up Venus this time around?
    Uranus infinite is something like [c.lp c.lp, c.hp xx forward dash] xN, right?

iirc it's just [c.lpx2 xx fwd dash] but I might be wrong, w/e

No lolis, no love.

Gimmixxxxxxxx

Nooooo the SM vids on Soh85's channel are gone ;_; And I don't remember the url for the SM breakdown on Nico aaaaahhhhhhhh

Anyway... throws are silly. After a throw that leaves the opponent feet first in the corner (ex, Neptune), you can set up jump-in shenanigans. What ends up happening is when you jump over them as they get up, their sprite gets flipped around so if they were to try and block normally, they just walk forward into the corner and get bopped. Lulz. You can also time it so the jump-in doesn't crossup. Works with everyone but Mars, Pluto, and Chibi.

• Ryu NiiyamaRyu Niiyama Joined: Posts: 4
    OMG I didn't know that folks still played this game. *starts looking for my copy*
    SRK y u delete my original account? *sad dragon*