Sailor Moon S - Arcana Heart? We know thee not. The All-Girls Fighter of kings. (Discord in OP)

Comments

• jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    edited January 2014
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    How do I use that training program? Guys halp

You have to use bizhawk.
    https://code.google.com/p/bizhawk/

After you load up the game. Goto tools then click lua console.

@Circuitous Nice job,I'm surprised nobody else has updated my scripts. Reason P1 and p2 positioning are separated is if I found hit box data for testing.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,711
    jedpossum wrote: »
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    How do I use that training program? Guys halp

You have to use bizhawk.
    https://code.google.com/p/bizhawk/

After you load up the game. Goto tools then click lua console.

Hey, thanks! Using it right now.
    edited January 2014
    Here is a quick re write of the hud and player positioning functions.
    function players()
    adr = 0x0F80

for i = 0,1,1 do
    		adr = adr + 0x80 -- Player memory size
    		--Data
    		local px = rb(adr + 0x28)
    		local py = rb(adr + 0x2A)
    		local life = rb(adr + 0x49)

--Text
    		gui.text(24+i*128,30,"Life: " .. life)
    		gui.text(52+i*108,40,"X,Y: " .. px .. ", " .. py)

--Axis
    		gui.drawLine(px,py+axis_length,px,py-axis_length)
    		gui.drawLine(px+axis_length,py,px-axis_length,py)

end
    end

Also, a quick shortcut so you don't have to write memory.read and memory.write so damn much.
    local wb, ww, wd = memory.write_u8, memory.write_u16_le, memory.write_u32_le
    local rb, rbs, rw, rws, rd = memory.read_u8, memory.read_s8, memory.read_u16_le, memory.read_s16_le, memory.read_u32_le

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

• CircuitousCircuitous 無駄な足掻きだ。 Joined: Posts: 168
    @Circuitous Nice job,I'm surprised nobody else has updated my scripts. Reason P1 and p2 positioning are separated is if I found hit box data for testing.

Thanks! And yeah, that makes sense. I thought I saw the memory address for P1 and P2's currently displayed sprite (it incremented perfectly with every animation change), but getting into hitboxes and stuff, I'm not even sure where to start with that. Though, now that you've brought it up, I'll probably sink a few hours into looking for it.
    edited January 2014
    Circuitous wrote: »

Thanks! And yeah, that makes sense. I thought I saw the memory address for P1 and P2's currently displayed sprite (it incremented perfectly with every animation change), but getting into hitboxes and stuff, I'm not even sure where to start with that. Though, now that you've brought it up, I'll probably sink a few hours into looking for it.

Just looked projectile data is right after the character data and in a similar structure.

EIV8znP.png

As for boxes I figured there was a pointer to them or was written in the player memory.
    Post edited by jedpossum on

edited January 2014
    Made an update to the script with a lot comments explaining.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/fl1lkz3n17mj9om/SailorMoonTraining(Update).lua

edited January 2014
    Found a glitch probably won't happen in regular play.
    Post edited by jedpossum on

Well, that's... how'd you get the projectile to stick?
    Slowed down speed to zero. Hence I said "Probably won't happen in regular play."

Oh. Is that really only a "probably"? :v
    Apparently I did more than just change the x speed to zero my guess I didn't use the right number on the sprite flip.

Random finding
    0x0500 - 0x05FF Palette Ram (All colors on the screen)

• BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,746
    Didn't get any Sailor Moon in at Magfest (Windjammers stole my soul), but I am working on some new Saturn tricks.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,881
    1555571_10152131922111438_2077845457_n.jpg

Saw this in Seoul, on my way to the airport. Had to share.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,881
    I have a room set up on Z-Net if anyone wants some games.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,137 mod
    That Venus basically went crazy on Jupiter. Geez.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,137 mod
    Ran this on my laptop at one of our weekly events.
    11311973_967403346633409_1474279609_n.jpg

Surprised at how many newer players are amazed at throws doing big damage and other stuff you only see in older fighters like this.
    edited June 2015
    Since Soh took down all of the SM matches on their channel I've been trying to find some quality ones. This one is old, but quite nice.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • SohSoh Thunder God assisted Joined: Posts: 74
    I took them down (well, actually they are private) because I've received some copyright warnings about the soundtracks in those videos.

Anyways nobody cares of Youtube, the original source is Koushun's Nico channel and those videos are still available there http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/14729084
    edited June 2015
    Soh wrote: »
    I took them down (well, actually they are private) because I've received some copyright warnings about the soundtracks in those videos.

Anyways nobody cares of Youtube, the original source is Koushun's Nico channel and those videos are still available there http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/14729084

So after making an account I was watching some videos and the Japanese players point why they do not play Super S and out how bullshit Saturn is: Specifically the fact that her normal kicks are unblockable.

Why did we not use this sooner???
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Reviving this thread to say that this game is godlike.

What is up with Mercury's throw range? It feels really fucking large, I was getting easy tick throws all day.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    I keep saying that Mercury and Neptune have deceptive throws.

Obviously not going to do that on Jupiter, but Neptune with corner can actually use that as a mixup.
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,537
    I'm not sure if characters have individual throw ranges (maybe? would have to test somehow), but it does feel easy to throw people with Mercury due to her walk speed.

Anyways, we had a small tourney last month but due to constraints we could only get GFs on stream.

DaiAndOh (Venus) vs Alzarath (Mercury)
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
    Bump.

There's a likelihood I'll make it to evo this year. Who wants a SMS side tournament? And if so, do you want it on SNES?
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,573
    So, I know it was said years ago, but I was wondering if you could elaborate on why the non-Super Famicom versions aren't used Missing Person?

I just picked up a 3DO + Sailor Moon and I gotta say, I really really love it, it seems like a lot of fun, although I haven't played it with other people. Heck, I don't even have a second controller yet. Is there any specific reason why people don't play it aside from it being on a system no one owns?

I also have the Saturn version of the Saturn/PS1 fighter and... wow. I honestly thought Way of the Warrior was the worst fighting game I ever played but Various Emotion was just pathetic. Sad that the same devs that made the Super Famicom and 3DO games made that trash as their final SM game.
    "Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    Many reasons. (There's only one other, Super S.)

-Sailor Saturn has a desperation attack that can chain into itself.
    -Sailor Saturn has unblockable normal kicks.
    -The rest of the cast got nerfed to the point where playing as them is unenjoyable even if Sailor Saturn was banned from competitive play.

I'm sure I've seen the 3DO version, but if I'm recalling what I've seen properly, I'm surprised to hear someone say they enjoy it. What is your take?

Granted the footage I've seen is probably not competitive. So if you have good findings, let me know.
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,573
    I'll have to find a second controller and a sparring partner to find out for sure, but from the single player the game feels pretty good. Combos are limited but the footsies seem like they're pretty solid. I feel like there could be balance issues with Sailor Mars, her roundhouse button is really strong, but that could just be the AI not adapting.

Specials almost across the board have ridiculous start up or recovery, though, so I doubt they'd see much use in competitive play outside of a select few.
    "Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
  • Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,174
    Are there any difference between Sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon Super S, gameplay-wise?
    Twitter: @YuriAkushon | XBL: Yuri Action
    Gameplay wise, the basic mechanics are the same. Balance wise, there's a steep drop in balance in SuperS and S is preferred.
    Interesting. I've been dabbling around with Super S for a little over an hour now, and I have to say that the game is very fun to play. I'll be giving S a shot later on tonight.
    Bump.

There's a likelihood I'll make it to evo this year. Who wants a SMS side tournament? And if so, do you want it on SNES?

Seriously? No one gonna be there for this?
    Not me. My friend is going, I'll try to send him your way.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    So I was talking to some guys at Frosty who said they are going to Evo and down with this.

I'm bringing my SNES with Sailor Moon S to Evo. I'm also possibly going to have some UD-USBs rolled into SNES converters so people can use their sticks on it. I WILL be running a Sailor Moon S side event this year on SNES.

If anyone else has a SNES and SMS and wants to help, bring it out as well so we have >1 setup. If you can get converters for it too that would be awesome.

But this is happening. Y'all better make it out.

I'm looking at you, @Bious.
    Hopefully there will be a stream. <3
    Eirokaj wrote: »
    Hopefully there will be a stream. <3

I'll have to get an SD capture card that will work with Windows 10, but I fully intend to stream this.
    http://shoryuken.com/2017/03/09/latest-closed-beta-preview-of-fightcade-shows-newest-version-is-close-to-completion/

Get prepared for the Evo tournament guys, we'll be training up online when this shit drops.
    http://shoryuken.com/2017/03/09/latest-closed-beta-preview-of-fightcade-shows-newest-version-is-close-to-completion/

Get prepared for the Evo tournament guys, we'll be training up online when this shit drops.

yoooooooooo
    Also, when new Fightcade drops, I'll run a Sailor Moon S tournament online on stream.
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,711
    fba plays snes games now? Huh, I thought it was only genesis/arcade games. That's good to hear.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    I'm down for Sailor Moon tournaments maybe
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world