Hit Box - We so S Tier1!!

Husser_BrianHusser_Brian Joined: Posts: 250
edited May 2013 in Tech Talk
Welcome to the Hit Box community! Please read this first post for up-to-date Hit Box information!

http://www.hitboxarcade.com
http://www.youtube.com/hitboxes

Visit our Super Street Fighter IV Hit Box Thread

FAQ
Spoiler:

Combo Videos
How to Hit Box Tutorials

Interactive Learning Tools
Product Info
Spoiler:

N_Close_2_1024x1024.jpg?28

PS360+ Multi-Console Edition Hit Box
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Cthulhu PS3/PC Edition
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Post edited by Husser_Brian on
·

Comments

• MooshingtonMooshington Hat Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 94
    Yeah, I want one.
    ·
  • Doc StrangeDoc Strange involved in the troubles... Joined: Posts: 512
    I've been planning to build one of these for a while but couldn't decide which side to put the up button on, the big shared one is a great idea.
    ·
  • Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolin Joined: Posts: 2,790
    how much?
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
    ·
  • HaiGaiHaiGai Hai I'm Jeff Joined: Posts: 54
    WANT WANT WANT...hope that website gets up and running in time for the holidays
    wut
    ·
  • Shoryu ReppaShoryu Reppa Sunday drivers... Joined: Posts: 1,565
    I wanna see a standing 720 and Guile's dash Ultra 1 :]
    t: @Dammit_Rab
    EVO 2012 - SFxT Top 36 Qualifier, Winners out of Pool J25
    Host of The Podsumaki Podcast- The Green Ranger's favorite fighting game Podcast
    ·
  • bigbossVIIbigbossVII WELCOME TO DIE Joined: Posts: 644
    I wanna see a standing 720 and Guile's dash Ultra 1 :]

Goes without saying.
    8 button is new school cat stomping ground...

dealwithit.gif
    ·
  • srtmsrtm Joined: Posts: 66
    definitely interests me.
    gonna keep an eye on this one.
    ·
  • KazerKazer Way of Bushin Joined: Posts: 22
    This is quite the experiment, hope to see this project become something big, Mad Catz come calling soon?
    SFIII:3S: Alex, Makoto, Ryu
    SSFIV: Hakan, Abel, Guy, Makoto, Dudley, Dee Jay
    ·
  • X FAct0RX FAct0R Joined: Posts: 186
    how much?

What he said
    -= AH3 Bring the Hype =-
    Arcana Heart 3 - [Tsuzura Saki/Petra Johanna Lagerkvist]
    Marvel 3 - [Logan/Trish/Akuma]
    MK - [TBD] SSFIV - [Rose/Fei]
    ·
  • -Ladon--Ladon- Now I'm Lost Joined: Posts: 149
    how much?

I'd pay top dollar for one modded like

-w-
    asd
    Push your luck if it makes you a promise
    That turns con men honest.
    ·
  • KillaKevKillaKev daipan loop tha'shit Joined: Posts: 31
    How did you decide what to rename it?
    definitely an improvement from non stick stick
    USFIV: Elf, Ken
    xbl: el killakev
    @elkillakev
    ·
  • CI581CI581 Joined: Posts: 3,289
    I think it would be fun to test drive one! :-)
    ·
  • MistaWayneMistaWayne Joined: Posts: 135
    These look very interesting indeed. How many different layouts do you guys have?
    ·
  • tylerzdtylerzd Yeah! Joined: Posts: 951
    Once you fellows work out pricing and distribution I'll be in for at least one of these. :hitit:
    ·
  • nubbinownznubbinownz Joined: Posts: 152
    @Ladon

only because this is what you know, but in reality that layout causes problems that this layout fixes.

also, I bought mine for around 100 dollars plus shipping. But its an early prototype. The layout they have now is their 7th iteration after much trial and error. I love it. Super wide so it fits on your lap, the buttons seem jumbled at first but then you realize they are perfectly place to be precisely under your hands in your idle resting position.
    ·
  • RaveSageRaveSage Shocking Joined: Posts: 33
    Great job on the name. I'm already liking it. :cool:

Also, I'm still waiting on that PDF/measurements. :p
    ·
  • Kuya_JoeKuya_Joe AKA BlindWithOneArm Joined: Posts: 2,816 ✭✭
    take a pic of the insides! Want to see how you guys wired up that beast.
    But it wasn't good enough right? Because it wasn't cleared by you lol...
    -YESMASTER...
    "She doesn't need a mouth to tell me how cute she is. "
    JDM714 epic...
    ·
  • shiryu22shiryu22 Romeo Joined: Posts: 2,820
    Intrigued. I can SRK better on keyboard (even in ST), so .. interested to see what people do with it.

Also, motion to see Guile's dash Ultra 1 and Gief's standing 720 seconded!
    ·
  • KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,122 ✭✭
    This is good shit. I'm in the middle of putting together my own version of this thingy, but I'm still too hooked on my WASD standard.

I'll probably be installing that thumb button, because it completely solves my issues with buffering SJC:qcf::qcf: and :uf::qcb: as quickly as I can on a stick.

So how are you guys doing yours? I'm kinda green at stick-modding, so I'm just re-purposing the innards of my TE.
    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
    ·
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want Guile dash U1? Well, my keyboard is too shit to hit 3 buttons reliably, so have dash Super instead.

As for standing 720, I can't do standing 720 on anything, let alone keyboard. It's going to take a Zangief player with some practice to pull that off.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    ·
  • FreezerBFreezerB Joined: Posts: 1,342
    When you press both left and right, what happens? What about for down and up?
    <Toodles> Seven boards assembled. All popped in and tested. All seven with the IC soldered on backwards.
    ·
  • IIDX advocateIIDX advocate Pancake Astronaut Joined: Posts: 131
    I think i'm gonna try and make one of these myself. I feel like using a full panel TE replacement plexi panel from Art's tek-innovations and make a custom button layout then building a box for it. Seems simple enough.
    ·
    When you press both left and right, what happens? What about for down and up?

The first input will deactivate when second is depressed, but will reactivate on the first available frame once the second is released. This is only true for opposing inputs. Depressing Down and Left with render you a :db:. Depressing Right after holding Down and Left will render a :df:.

Hold Down and Left while tapping Right repeatedly to render a series of :db::df::db::df:

This is also the holy grail of mashed DP.

EDIT: Ah ha. It seems it's entirely PCB dependant, so says Husser.
    ·
  • shiryu22shiryu22 Romeo Joined: Posts: 2,820
    You want Guile dash U1? Well, my keyboard is too shit to hit 3 buttons reliably, so have dash Super instead.

Good stuff. Had no idea there were URL tags haha
    ·
  • Romant1kRomant1k Joined: Posts: 8
    These look amazing, dash ultras/jab-720s etc become a walk in the park.
    ·
  • ProxfordProxford Joined: Posts: 20
    When you do get your site up, do you plan on selling both variations of the hit box? As in the one shown in the first video along with the one on display in the second.
    ·
  • Walking0rgasmWalking0rgasm Joined: Posts: 236
    price?
    ·
  • Husser_BrianHusser_Brian Joined: Posts: 250
    When you do get your site up, do you plan on selling both variations of the hit box? As in the one shown in the first video along with the one on display in the second.

Yes. The 8-button is our standard Hit Box, but we will have others available that target specific games. I really like the 4-button design from the SCR video for TvC, BB, and SNK titles. We really like the shared jump button, so we're going to incorporate it into that design. 6-buttons will be available as well per request. I have also had requests for standard arrow key layouts, which I can accommodate. We're also working on a design for Marvel 3 that I think is going to be much better than the layout on the MvC3 test sites.
    I have had many requests for Hit Boxes, so there unfortunately will be a waiting period.
    ·
    price?

Our asking price will be announced with our web site launch. But know that we will be very reasonable with our prices. We currently offer a Playstation padhack with converters to laglessly convert to any major console. Also, keep in mind that these are still 'prototypes' and the first generations of Hit Box and that we are not master carpenters, which we are factoring into our price. However, we stand behind our Hit Boxes and offer a very nice, quality product. We'll be sure to have lots of pictures.
    And, once again, there is a waiting queue for boxes, so please let me know if you would like to be on the list. We're working as hard and fast as we can to craft quality boxes.
    ·
    Intrigued. I can SRK better on keyboard (even in ST), so .. interested to see what people do with it.

Also, motion to see Guile's dash Ultra 1 and Gief's standing 720 seconded!

We're going to add more videos soon with things we missed and better explanation to techniques. I'm writing things down as I see them. Thank you JohnGrimm for demonstrating Guile's dash super.
    I'll also make a demonstration of how the game perceives holding BACK + FORWARD. The Playstation PCBs I use do not overwrite each other's inputs. When you hold both poles at the same time you get a neutral input. DOWN + UP = Standing neutral. This doesn't affect gameplay and is just as easy to do defensive SRK's and sonic booms. It's just things to know while you're playing and rules for your fingers to consider.
    ·
  • Riot55Riot55 King Scrub Joined: Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if anybody could post a template file with this button setup so I can make my own art and template for it? I'm trying to make my own totally custom stick and am interested in trying to construct something similar.
    Taskmaster/Spencer/Akuma
    ·
  • andiiboooandiibooo Joined: Posts: 5
    I've actually been collecting parts to make one myself, but I'm just gonna wait until you open shop to get one. Out of curiosity, how long does each hit-box take to make?
    ·
  • bigbossVIIbigbossVII WELCOME TO DIE Joined: Posts: 644

As for standing 720, I can't do standing 720 on anything, let alone keyboard. It's going to take a Zangief player with some practice to pull that off.

Mind=blown.
    8 button is new school cat stomping ground...

dealwithit.gif
    ·
  • AmpAmp Joined: Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Man, I've known I wanted to play on a "Fight Board" or whatever you want to call it for a long time. I've known intrinsically that it would be better for my game.

Problem is, now I don't know if I want to buy a pre-built "Hit Box", mod a TE with a custom TE plexi panel with the "Hit Box" layout, build my own custom, or, fuck it, buy a keyboard -> console converter.
    GFWL/XBL: Amperture
    Yes, I play on keyboard. Get yourself a KBC Poker.
    Looking for a good keyboard -> console converter.
    ·
  • JChissJChiss Joined: Posts: 1
    The Hit Box growing in popularity makes me SO happy.

For years I've been on keyboard by choice, as i believe its the best peripheral. However people always gave me shit for it, and said i was at a huge handicap.

The worst thing is that I was unable to partake in SF events. As a result, I've tried learning stick so many times, but i can't bring myself to follow through, because i know it's worse. Why would i want to learn to use some medieval input device.

I'm currently building one myself, heres my plans;
    34q8rj5.jpg

I want my left hand thumb to push jump, not my right, thats the main diff i guess?

Also, here's my older designs for 30mm Buttons (I'm using 24mm now)
    296c9qx.jpg

I'm not quite sure if i want to follow the right design again. I kind of like the idea of my left thumb for Up, right thumb for Throw or Focus.
    ·
  • God-is-my-RockGod-is-my-Rock AKA GimR Joined: Posts: 278
    seriously, how do I buy one
    ·
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭
    Here's to INNOVATION
    :tup:
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
    ·
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my left hand thumb to push jump, not my right, thats the main diff i guess?

The Hit Box has a standard 30MM size button for jump and with the overall design it is easily hit by both thumbs.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    ·
  • LouieBHLouieBH Delta Red Joined: Posts: 572
    how much would it cost for international purchases uk for example?
    ·
  • reaper2507reaper2507 Joined: Posts: 1,001
    can anybody please post the buttonlayout for selfmadepurposes (with the exakt positioning in photoshop or something similary) Print&Stomp you know^^ ;)
    How to play Zangief. A Zangief Tutorial:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=189468
    ·
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭
    when im feeling (really) ambitious, i may make one of these myself! my mind cant even imagine doing stuff like sjc>ultra or IAT's atm though!
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    ·
  • VenomishVenomish Joined: Posts: 678
    Me Want This
    Pad Chun Li

youtube channel:
    ·
  • reaper2507reaper2507 Joined: Posts: 1,001
    if you (the guys how created it) realy search perfektion i would add 2 buttons (one for both thumps!) and not only one !

the case is simple

1. you can mapp both to jump and everything works like your way bevore
    2. you can mapp one to BACKWARD and then its possible to BLINK LP/LK flawlessly with it! (SF4 only)

can you please add a 300px matrix for the button layout?
    How to play Zangief. A Zangief Tutorial:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=189468
    ·
  • asfasasfas Anakaris UMvC3 DLC plz Joined: Posts: 90
    Do want.
    ·
  • Sh33pSh33p New Age of Rubbish Rifling Joined: Posts: 407
    2. you can mapp one to BACKWARD and then its possible to BLINK LP/LK flawlessly with it! (SF4 only)

That's really sneaky actually, I'd never thought of that.
    ·
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 695
    Is this hitbox compatible with both the ps3 and x360? If it is, I'll probably buy one. I can't decide whether or not to get the x360 or ps3.

Brian, I sent you an e-mail. I think you'll like it. You won't love it, but you'll like it.
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
    ·
  • Haunted StomachHaunted Stomach Joined: Posts: 64
    how much would it cost for international purchases uk for example?

Same here I would defiantly be down to ordering one to the uk if the price was right. Mark it as a gift for the first few orders? heh

Edit: Also any chance of you guys getting a facebook/twitter thing going on so we can updates on the progress of these?
    ·
    when im feeling (really) ambitious, i may make one of these myself! my mind cant even imagine doing stuff like sjc>ultra or IAT's atm though!

It's really easy. Imagine the setup bound to your A(Left),S(Down),D(Right),C(Up) keys. It takes a little bit of lateral thinking, but you can easily break down the "fluid" motions of a stick or pad down to their rudimentary inputs, which end up looking a lot simpler than they initially appear thanks to input shortcuts. After that, you're simply memorizing button combinations like they were longer, faster target combos.
    ·
  • beardedbearded like a lizard on a windowpane Joined: Posts: 161
    Definitely interested.

Do you guys think you'll do dual+ console versions? Or else sell empty boxes?
    My Band is on Facebook. "Like" us dammit:
    The Urban Achievers
    ·
  • nin-jaynin-jay the end Joined: Posts: 910
    Can you hook us up with a template? I can go to the plastic store and cut one up for my TE.
    ·