Hit Box - We so S Tier1!!

Comments

• Slickrick_01Slickrick_01 Humble Warrior Joined: Posts: 28
    I Love that you guys did the vid for zero but can we get the magneto video now...and a tutorial on air wavedashing on the hitbox.
  • Husser_BrianHusser_Brian Joined: Posts: 250
    I Love that you guys did the vid for zero but can we get the magneto video now...and a tutorial on air wavedashing on the hitbox.
    Here's a list of my tutorial notes:

KoF Half Circles / Tips
    UMvC3 Half Circles Revisited - SOCD Half Circle / Double-fingered Slide
    UMvC3 Air Wavedashing - [69] / [63] / [93] / (Maybe Even [46] and [6248] box for fun)
    UMvC3 SOCD DPM - Motion / Applications / Option Select
    UMvC3 Jump Cancels & Viper Seismo Spam / FADC

As for Interactive Tutorials, the next up are:
    Dante
    Virgil
    Zero May Cry Team Video

So air wave dash is in the works, but not Magneto. For him I'll have to pick him up since I don't know any Hit Box players who main him. That's a lot of confirms and various loops to go through so I'm not sure when I'll get the time. Doom is another one that I'll want to cover eventually... but that's a lot of swag to learn in my spare time. However, UMvC3 is our primary focus now, so you'll be seeing lots of video coverage on it.

Sorry I've been slacking on the content lately. I've got a lot ready to go, I just need to film it. We'll also be releasing player interviews from SCR on our FaceBook page and web site. :) I'll post the next batch here too.

@Deathfist Play Tetris on Hit Box! That or Beat Mania.
    Air Wave Dash Tutorial in a Nutshell
    - You will need to use your Right Thumb for this technique.
    Jump into fly mode, then then hold Forward.
    Hold:f:[:u:+:atk::atk:, :atk::atk:]
    So while you're holding Forward, hit Up+Dash to dash up-forward and cancel it with a second button dash. The coordination is really easy with your right thumb because you're just mashing dash and tapping Up every other time.

- If you want a zig-zag pattern you just hold down-forward and do the same thing to dash :uf::df::uf::df::uf::df:
    - For a downward approach from up high, alternate :df::f::df::f::df::f: to taste.

Basically you can wave dash as fast as you can mash :atk::atk: which is ridiculously fast.
    It's MUCH faster than plink dashing once you get the hang of it.
  • RaisinsRaisins Joined: Posts: 4
    Just ordered(#1544). Was sold after trying ssf4 on a keyboard recently and your SCR interviews. Pumped, thanks for making this a reality.

The site says shipping Feb, is this early or late Feb? :D
    Just ordered(#1544). Was sold after trying ssf4 on a keyboard recently and your SCR interviews. Pumped, thanks for making this a reality.

The site says shipping Feb, is this early or late Feb? :D
    We plan on receiving our parts by the end of this week. If our vendors hold up their end, we'll be building all weekend and shipping out pre-orders next week. It's not a hard date since I'm still waiting on others, but there's a good chance!

Welcome! Did you get a chance to go through all of our SF4 tech videos? Also, I put up a SSFIV thread with a pretty good shortcut guide to help get you all caught up. Our site has a good video index too for reference. Also, we're a good resource on SRK for questions and help and whatnot. ^_^
  • ShadowShel18ShadowShel18 Joined: Posts: 4
    I ordered one recently as well. I'm #1543 lol. Looked at some of the videos for the Hitbox out and it really convinced me to buy one. I mainly play Soul Calibur V and I'm looking forward to more videos for that, but I'm also trying to get into UMvC3, SSFIV, and Persona 4 Arena. Hopefully this helps me out a bit.
  • WindowsCWindowsC Joined: Posts: 6
    #1537 here. I'm trying not to think about it as much as possible, but oh how I wish I had it right this instant! Just a few more weeks....
    We plan on receiving our parts by the end of this week. If our vendors hold up their end, we'll be building all weekend and shipping out pre-orders next week. It's not a hard date since I'm still waiting on others, but there's a good chance!

Welcome! Did you get a chance to go through all of our SF4 tech videos? Also, I put up a SSFIV thread with a pretty good shortcut guide to help get you all caught up. Our site has a good video index too for reference. Also, we're a good resource on SRK for questions and help and whatnot. ^_^

Awesome. Thanks for the prompt reply. Can't wait.

I am pretty sure, I watched all the videos you guys posted 10 times before bitting and buying the box. I've always had execution problems with some motions. And with my stick getting old loose and busted. Seemed like a good upgrade.
  • KILLA_Nemesis_KILLA_Nemesis_ I'm nice until you make me mean. Joined: Posts: 46
    #1537 here. I'm trying not to think about it as much as possible, but oh how I wish I had it right this instant! Just a few more weeks....

I know how it feels. It's well worth the wait :)
  • Shawn HufferShawn Huffer Joined: Posts: 35
    Just logging in to let everyone know that I'm fully prepped for each and every preorder. They will be completed as quickly as I can get them out for you guys.

Assuming I don't work myself to death, everyone should be happy very soon : )
  • Slickrick_01Slickrick_01 Humble Warrior Joined: Posts: 28
    Air Wave Dash Tutorial in a Nutshell
    - You will need to use your Right Thumb for this technique.
    Jump into fly mode, then then hold Forward.
    Hold:f:[:u:+:atk::atk:, :atk::atk:]
    So while you're holding Forward, hit Up+Dash to dash up-forward and cancel it with a second button dash. The coordination is really easy with your right thumb because you're just mashing dash and tapping Up every other time.

- If you want a zig-zag pattern you just hold down-forward and do the same thing to dash :uf::df::uf::df::uf::df:
    - For a downward approach from up high, alternate :df::f::df::f::df::f: to taste.

Basically you can wave dash as fast as you can mash :atk::atk: which is ridiculously fast.
    It's MUCH faster than plink dashing once you get the hang of it.
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    Looks like Hit Box is starting to add new users. Awsome.
  • jon_dojahjon_dojah Joined: Posts: 41
    Here's a cool shot of me using my Hitbox at SCR....its at 1:16. Also it was cool meeting Dustin. Sorry wasn't able to conduct the interview with you like planned. Saturday was mad hectic and Sunday alot of us got sick and we end up heading back home early. :(

Just logging in to let everyone know that I'm fully prepped for each and every preorder. They will be completed as quickly as I can get them out for you guys.

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

As someone who is just about completely new to fighters, I decided on this particular controller / peripheral / arcade stick (I don't know the correct terminology) because, coming from a PC gaming background, I found the layout to be very intuitive. Obviously I don't expect to suddenly turn into a fighting machine overnight once I receive my order, but I'm definitely looking forward to putting down my PS3 controller for this. In the meantime, I guess I'll watch more Hit Box videos to prepare myself!
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 688
    I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but when doing double qcf motions in games with no shortcuts or leniency, you can alter the command to reduce your workload with SOCDs by 1 stage.

Step 1:d,df,f
    -Self Explanatory
    Step 2: Without releasing the f, go b,db,d
    -This will be read by the machine as neutral, down, then df in a smooth motion
    Step 3:the moment the down is released since you're still holding towards, hit the button.

Once again in a different way, this is d, df, f, fb, fbd, df, f

The flaw in [d,df,f]x2 is the fact that you're holding down a command you need later, releasing it, and holding it down later. With this command you don't have to do that with towards.

Why is this important? The left ring finger is weaker and slower than the other 2 [index and ring since the pinkie isn't used], and becomes responsible for towards. when doing qcfx2 facing left. Its better to not move it if you don't have to as this will slow down your inputs.

With qcfx2, it's d,df,f, release all commands, d,df,f+button. It's 3 steps, while although what I listed above is listed as 3 steps, it really feels like 2.

I also did mention this earlier, but someone did tell us earlier about using SOCDs to clean up uppercut commands. F, FB, FBD, DF

One of the greatest gifts [and curses as well, but far more-so gifts] is the fact that you are given double or triple the commands that can be used to do the same move. If you are having problems with qcfx2, you go qcf, Hold towards at the end, qcd, then release down [all while holding towards], hit the button, and the same thing comes out. The only problem with that is figuring out when to use the altered commands, or the originals. It's less complicated than I'm making it sound.

Mentioned earlier, you can dp by going either f,n,d,df, OR f,bf,bfd,df [which is in essence hold forwards+ starting in the back position qcd+attack]

The QCD command is beginning to become far more important than in the past now, thanks to the Hitbox.

Perhaps I should get the RJ-45 to Dreamcast wire. so I can mess around with Juggernaut some more. Thoughts?
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
  • Short Swing BroShort Swing Bro Joined: Posts: 7
    Order in January, receive in February?

Not half bad, considering I've been waiting over a YEAR for my GiantSword, and there's no end in sight.

May just order a HitBox too (I love me some stick makers who actually understand the time value of money).
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭
    Order in January, receive in February?

Not half bad, considering I've been waiting over a YEAR for my GiantSword, and there's no end in sight.

May just order a HitBox too (I love me some stick makers who actually understand the time value of money).
    Would have gotten it sooner if we didn't run out of stock of our supplies. Normally our turnaround from order to reception is less than a week.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • Short Swing BroShort Swing Bro Joined: Posts: 7
    Would have gotten it sooner if we didn't run out of stock of our supplies. Normally our turnaround from order to reception is less than a week.

Very impressive. Definitely gonna look into acquiring one.
  • slowjamslowjam Joined: Posts: 3

Just made an account to say that your customer service so far has been awesome. I pre-ordered last week and have been eagerly awaiting my HitBox. I know how sometimes stuff like supply issues pop up, but you guys have been awesome in communicating what's going on. So far the customer service is superb. I hope you guys never lose that aspect of your business.
    Just made an account to say that your customer service so far has been awesome. I pre-ordered last week and have been eagerly awaiting my HitBox. I know how sometimes stuff like supply issues pop up, but you guys have been awesome in communicating what's going on. So far the customer service is superb. I hope you guys never lose that aspect of your business.
    Thank you very much! We try really hard to make it as easy on you guys as possible and help the best we can.

Also, FYI to everyone who pre-ordered, we received our parts yesterday and are shipping out a bunch today! We'll be building through the weekend so we can get everyone their Hit Boxes as soon as possible. We plan to have all the pre-orders shipped next week. :D
    Here's our latest upload of player interviews: Hit Box Upa; aka, inControl here on the threads.

Also here's the archive of last week's interviews that I forgot post here: Rochus and Hit Box Sora
    Spoiler:

It was really great getting to meet so many Hit Box players at SCR. I'm really looking forward to NCR so I can meet more of you guys. We'll be sure to bring the camera again so we can spotlight more proud Hit Boxers. That's you jon_doja! :)
    Thank you very much! We try really hard to make it as easy on you guys as possible and help the best we can.

Also, FYI to everyone who pre-ordered, we received our parts yesterday and are shipping out a bunch today! We'll be building through the weekend so we can get everyone their Hit Boxes as soon as possible. We plan to have all the pre-orders shipped next week. :D

YES just a few more days!
  • Tickle BrisketTickle Brisket Joined: Posts: 72
    Hey guys,I'm selling my multi-console offical Hitbox.It only has one hour of use on it.If you're interested lemme know.I've given up fighting games and don't need it anymore.
    I want a Hit box shirt.
    We're looking into getting a shirt pre-order off the ground soon if there's enough interest. Thanks for letting us know! People have been asking that question more and more, so it's looking like it's time to get things in motion.

Anyone else interested in a Hit Box shirt?
    I wanna represent the way of the future.
  • Tickle BrisketTickle Brisket Joined: Posts: 72
    Sellin' muh hitbox..multi-console,hour of use.200 including shipping.Get at me.
  • FuryofFrogFuryofFrog Ora Ora! Joined: Posts: 137
    Dear Hitbox Gods,

I got my friend a Hitbox about a year ago. He loves it very much and its all he can play on. The only problem is he left the controller in the car one day in the middle of the summer and the plexi top warped. We had to open it the other day because it took a tumble to check on the wiring but when we tried to get the top back on die to the warping it refused.

Is there any way I can order a replacement plexi from you guys for the hitbox? I'd hate to see him controllerless with Winter Brawl 7 around the corner.

Thank you very much,

Dan
    Do you know the way to San Jose?
  • 9thpixel9thpixel 9 Joined: Posts: 211
    We're looking into getting a shirt pre-order off the ground soon if there's enough interest. Thanks for letting us know! People have been asking that question more and more, so it's looking like it's time to get things in motion.

Anyone else interested in a Hit Box shirt?
    I would be interested in a Hit Box shirt. Maybe with this in the design? I do not have pixel in my name for nothing.

isometric_hit_box_2_zpsd9eddc1f.gif
    PSN: NinthPixel
    Dalton, GA Youtube - youtube.com/Ergeniz
  • Boita-cartonBoita-carton Joined: Posts: 274
    Still no small Hitbox like the first versions available ? The current ones are pretty wide.
    PSN: Boitacarton/SpiderQueenLolth
    GFWL: SpiderQueenLoth
    Steam: sadhusatana
    Juri PC steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/teamjuriPC/
    Is there any way I can order a replacement plexi from you guys for the hitbox? I'd hate to see him controllerless with Winter Brawl 7 around the corner.
    I saw your e-mail earlier; I'll be sure to write you back ASAP. I've been caught up on building and fell behind on e-mails. We'll be sure to help get your friend back on track. Gotta make sure he's lookin good at Winter Brawl! :P

@9thpixel: We would produce a large run of the Team Hit Box shirts we wear at majors. So this might be a limited edition thing if we end up making another design.
    Spoiler:
    @Boita-carton: We ended up switching from the smaller design from overwhelming feedback that people wanted more stability in their lap with a wider frame. We've also got a lot of positive feedback from the size they are now, so we won't be revisiting the smaller build anytime soon.
    The extra weight and comfort is well worth it!
    Thanks, Team HB, my Hit Box arrived today! But my quest to get decent at UMvC3 is only just beginning. I spent a few hours today playing Mission mode. Not going to lie, it was pretty frustrating at first, but I hope I'll get the hang of it eventually.

The directional controls on the left were pretty intuitive, actually. I do wonder if having a WASD layout with W = jump would have worked better, but as it is, having the jump button in the "spacebar" location works as well. But I'm having lots of trouble with the eight buttons on the right. I was previously using the default PS3 controller, so I suppose this transition would have been no less difficult if I were going from controller to arcade stick instead of controller to Hit Box.

I do hope someone could give me some tips on how the controls should be set up for attacks and stuff on the Hit Box for UMvC3. The default layout is odd, since the 4 buttons on the right are the shoulder buttons and the four buttons on the left are the shape buttons. I decided to change that up and go with this:

top row 4 buttons, from left to right: l+m+h; a1; a2; a1+a2
    bottom row 4 buttons, from left to right: l; m; h; s

I was looking through some Hit Box videos, though, and found this layout used by whoever was making the video:

top row 4 buttons, from left to right: l; m; h; undefined
    bottom row 4 buttons, from left to right: s; a1; a2; undefined

Is this the recommended UMvC3 layout for Hit Box (and arcade sticks in general)? All tips appreciated!
    The directional controls on the left were pretty intuitive, actually. I do wonder if having a WASD layout with W = jump would have worked better, but as it is, having the jump button in the "spacebar" location works as well.
    Is this the recommended UMvC3 layout for Hit Box (and arcade sticks in general)? All tips appreciated!

The very first session of orienting yourself is the hardest part, so you're well on your way! You'll be surprised how quickly your fingers remember what they're doing. Seriously though, give it a week or so and it will be second nature.
    I recommend using type B. That's the standard for Hit Boxes and joystick and works out to be the most intuitive with the controls.
    Once you get the hang of what button does what, it will be much more comfortable to operate than pad buttons. Seriously though, give it a little while and it will be second nature. :)

The reason Hit Boxes aren't WASD is because it really limits what you can do. By using your thumbs to jump instead you get all sorts of techniques at your disposal to make life easier. Originally the main ones were doing 360's and 720's in street fighter, but there's a ton of things (especially in Marvel) that would be a total pain on WASD, like tri-jumps for example.

Feel free to ask questions as you go in this thread; we're always happy to help and exchange tips!
    Also got mine today. Loving the construction of the box. Great job guys. It's a little weird to get used to but I can easily see this making my execution 1000x better. I just need to untrain my hands in mvc that right thumb is not S, lol.

I found that just going through arcade mode SF4 for a while on med/easy as ryu and trying to do each one of his movies at least once per match: Fireball, Dragon Punch, Hurricane Kick, Hurricane Kick air and Ultra all on the left and right. By the time I got to seth, I felt like I have a much better control.

I'll be laying down complex modok combos and instant air axe kicks in no time :D
    Also got mine today. Loving the construction of the box. Great job guys. It's a little weird to get used to but I can easily see this making my execution 1000x better. I just need to untrain my hands in mvc that right thumb is not S, lol.

I found that just going through arcade mode SF4 for a while on med/easy as ryu and trying to do each one of his movies at least once per match: Fireball, Dragon Punch, Hurricane Kick, Hurricane Kick air and Ultra all on the left and right. By the time I got to seth, I felt like I have a much better control.

I'll be laying down complex modok combos and instant air axe kicks in no time:D
    If you're a MODOK fan then you'll love your Hit Box. He is the only character in the game who can air dash off of the ground by pressing :u: or :uf:+:atk::atk:. This means that you can air dash up-forward half way across the screen and plink dash again :uf: to get above superjump height across the full screen instantly and still call assists. Basically you get 2 air dashes. It's extremely hard to do on stick and pad without buffering from normals and weird setups, but Hit Box you get it for free if you use your right thumb!

I main dok so you can ask me any questions. (Science is a hot button for me) :D

Glad you're liking your Hit Box!
  • L1GHTN1NGBOLT23L1GHTN1NGBOLT23 Joined: Posts: 10
    Hi everyone, I recently heard about the hit box and how it can do wonders for Just Frames in Tekken and overall bold-execution.

Should I get a Hitbox or an Arcade Stick? Have used neither (I have used a Arcade Stick though...when I was 4 years old.)
    Hi everyone, I recently heard about the hit box and how it can do wonders for Just Frames in Tekken and overall bold-execution.

Should I get a Hitbox or an Arcade Stick? Have used neither (I have used a Arcade Stick though...when I was 4 years old.)
    I'm biased since I'm one of the Hit Box guys, so I won't get too soap-boxy and just link some of the cool stuff you can do in Tekken. ^_^

If you want just frames, you've come to the right place!

Just Frames
    Spoiler:
    Korean Backdash
    Spoiler:
    Wavedash
    Spoiler:
    And this is in SC5, but it's sort of the basic concept of inputting moves with buttons:
    Spoiler:
  • Mr.MartinezMr.Martinez Joined: Posts: 64
    So jealous of you guys right now. I'm still waiting on mine.
  • r313n71355r313n71355 Stylish resets make me salty Joined: Posts: 371
    It seems like the feedback on these is looking pretty good. Love my arcade stick, and probably wouldn't quit using one even if I were to get a hitbox, but my question is this. How do hitboxes compare when it comes to high execution?

Being a umvc/magnus player, I'm curious how the hitbox holds up when it comes to things like doing ROM corner to corner.. any feedback would be appreciated XD
    Hit Box was built for the high execution stuff.
    I can't really comment on the new rom since I haven't played him in Ultimate, but I used to do it all the time in vanilla. As I understand it the UMvC3 rom has stricter timing and you have to be jumping forward the whole time, otherwise it's the same motion. The super jump forward C, air dash down-forward C motion of the loops will be very easy when you get your SOCD tri-jumps down, so all you'll have to worry about is your timing and height management.

I wish we had a Hit Box Magneto regular in here. ><
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 688

The Hitbox, hands down, especially since you haven't used the arcade stick in like, forever.

When I say SOCD here, I mean false SOCDs, where you use left+right to get faster neutrals, or command neutrals.

=Advantage of stick vs hitbox
    -Most of these already have some kind of counter-advantage that the hitbox holds.

Easier to hit perfect diagonals directly
    -alleviated by the speed with which you can hit imperfect diagonals that turn into true diagonals almost instantly on a hitbox, and the fact you can feel the difference between a perfect and an imperfect one if you have input display, and make adjustments far more easily on the box till they are perfect. Expect this to invert completely in favor of the Hitbox.

Stick is quieter than hitbox. They can also sometimes tell if you'll block if they're listening to your buttons.
    -You can trick your opponent by doing command neutrals with and without downs so they can't use hearing to read you.
    -They may also not know which button does what on your stick. I won't count this one. by rights I should.

More intuitive base movement [up means up, down means down] psychologically.
    -erased by the fact that you can lose you horizon causing accidental jumps or crouches on stick.
    -destroyed by the fact that your movement and reactions are twice as fast on the hitbox

I think Stick is easier to learn due to the fact that up and down are inverted on a hitbox, it looks confusing, and has an intimidating appearance to beginners. Especially when they can't see a stick anywhere.
    -Hitbox is many times easier to master, so much so, that everyone should try the hitbox and forget the stick altogether. The stick can never be mastered due to its lack of precision. The Hitbox can.
    -SOCD cleaning nearly doubles and in some cases triples the amount of ways you can do things. Some commands are faster and better than the way you're supposed to do them.
    -muscle memory, bravery, and curiosity can overcome this too easily with practice.

=Advantages of Hitbox over Stick
    -These are UN-counter-able.
    -Note that many advantages are already incorporated into the disadvantages section as counterarguments making the size of this section deceiving.

All moves come out well over twice as fast on Hitbox than they do on stick.
    -Pushing a button 2mm is faster than moving a wrist, and you have to move the wrist far more than the button to engage anything.

Greater precision and control on a Hitbox vs a Stick
    -This is a double edged sword. You have nobody to blame but yourself when you screw up [no more fireballs where dragon punches should be, or jumping when you meant to sonic boom...,]. That's really all you want in a controller.

Hitbox exclusive shortcuts and other commands that CANNOT be done on stick.
    -SOCD cleaning dp and other moves, walking critical edge [soul calibur], walking ultra [ssf4],

let's see here

Advantages for Stick:: 4
    Advantages for Hitbox: 11
    Difference of 7
    HMMMMM, who do you think won THAT one?

And that's just what I thought of off the top of my head. If I focused it would have been even worse.
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
  • r313n71355r313n71355 Stylish resets make me salty Joined: Posts: 371
    Hit Box was built for the high execution stuff.
    I can't really comment on the new rom since I haven't played him in Ultimate, but I used to do it all the time in vanilla. As I understand it the UMvC3 rom has stricter timing and you have to be jumping forward the whole time, otherwise it's the same motion. The super jump forward C, air dash down-forward C motion of the loops will be very easy when you get your SOCD tri-jumps down, so all you'll have to worry about is your timing and height management.

I wish we had a Hit Box Magneto regular in here. ><

Thanks for the response! Indulge me in answering a theoretical.

When trying to learn ROM, the most common mistake people will encounter are accidental disruptahs, due to the super jump up forward, dash down forward motion having the capability to input a quarter circle for a disruptah if your execution isn't on point. Though I rarely have this problem any more, it inevitably happens. How would a Hitbox user circumvent that issue while still ensuring the same super jump up forward, dash down forward pattern?
    So jealous of you guys right now. I'm still waiting on mine.
    Same. The suspense is killing me!
    Got my HitBox last Thursday. Holy crap, this thing is awesome. Anytime anyone asks me anything about any fighting game, my response will begin with "Well, the HitBox..."

Within minutes I was regularly pulling off combos that took me half an hour or more to learn on a stick and I probably still only had a 20%-25% success rate using stick. Also within minutes, I was totally confusing up and down randomly, missing diagonals, and accidentally not blocking via SOCD. It is awesome, but there is a learning curve, just like transitioning from pad to stick.

For a while I absolutely could not get a shoryuken to come out, then all of a sudden it clicked, and I now have a 100% success rate with them. I assume the rest of the commands will come in time as well.

Great product, great service, great company. Thanks HitBox team!
    Just got my hitbox today and fooled around with it for a bit. It was awesome. I'm a SCV player and I can say that my sidesteps are the fastest and cleanest they've ever been. Still haven't used it long enough to map each of the face buttons to my index and ring finger. While I'm on the subject, which button configuration should I use for SCV. The default feels a bit weird. Any help would be appreciated.
    edited February 2013
    Just got my hitbox today and fooled around with it for a bit. It was awesome. I'm a SCV player and I can say that my sidesteps are the fastest and cleanest they've ever been. Still haven't used it long enough to map each of the face buttons to my index and ring finger. While I'm on the subject, which button configuration should I use for SCV. The default feels a bit weird. Any help would be appreciated.
    Glad you're liking your Hit Box!

A B K
    G is the best layout for SCV.

You have to use your right thumb on the guard button, but it's a nice cozy fit. Anytime you want to get optimal up sidesteps, you can take your right thumb off guard and drumb up-up with both thumbs.

Also, ABK like that makes CE's much less awkward than default:
    Post edited by Husser_Brian on
    edited February 2013
    Double Post
    edited February 2013
    Triple Post
    edited February 2013