Hit Box - We so S Tier1!!

Comments

• JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭
    A quadruple post! Shoutouts to the new SRK forum.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • PN1PN1 Joined: Posts: 37
    I definitely will order one when they have the white plexi. Emailed them and unfortunately they aren't offering it right now. The white looks so clean.
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 687
    What's the best setup for umvc3? I'm using gamma for the pad, but I'm considering to change my setup for the Hitbox.

I'm a long time MvC2 player that virtually abandoned fighting games after the launch of Vanilla MVC3.
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
  • BlueMarioBlueMario Ragna "Rapid Cancel" The Bloodedge Joined: Posts: 38
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around and couldn't find an answer. How do they ship the hitbox's out? I just ordered mine yesterday, and do they give you a tracking number?
  • ShadowShel18ShadowShel18 Joined: Posts: 4

BlueMario said:
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around and couldn't find an answer. How do they ship the hitbox's out? I just ordered mine yesterday, and do they give you a tracking number?
    When they ship it out they send you an e-mail with the shipping info.
  • BlueMarioBlueMario Ragna "Rapid Cancel" The Bloodedge Joined: Posts: 38
    When they ship it out they send you an e-mail with the shipping info.
    Ah, okay. Thank you!
  • JSmithJSmith Still Training Joined: Posts: 15
    BlueMario, I ordered on the 13th and they haven't shipped yet. I think they're very busy! ; )
  • ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Captain 'Murica Walking Wiki Joined: Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Deathfist said:
    What's the best setup for umvc3? I'm using gamma for the pad, but I'm considering to change my setup for the Hitbox.

I'm a long time MvC2 player that virtually abandoned fighting games after the launch of Vanilla MVC3.
    Type B is the standard for an 8 button stick, and same for Hitbox. If you're married to MvC2 style you may want to change., but most players have adapted to the updated layout.
    UMvC3: Cap (SS) | Dante (jam) | Vergil (RS) and Vergil (RS) | Morrigan (meter) | Dante (Jam)
    SC5: Astaroth
    SC4: Ivy, Rock

• pragmaticleaspragmaticleas Joined: Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I just got my hitbox, and while I'm generally happy that it works the way I expected it to most of the time, I'm rather disappointed with the cracks on the plexiglas. I have to use tape to cover the pointy part of a crack so that it doesn't scratch my hand when I access the three buttons at the back of the hitbox. Given the amount of bubble wrap padding and that the package box itself didn't seem damaged, I am inclined to think that they knew about the cracks but just didn't bother to replace the plexiglas before they packed and shipped the product.

I would very much like to get my hitbox fixed, but since I do not live in the US, the two way shipping costs and custom duties can easily amount to about $140 USD which is almost the price of a new PS3/PC hitbox, and I doubt they would cover that charge :(.
    Post edited by pragmaticleas on
    I just got my hitbox, and while I'm generally happy that it works the way I expected it to most of the time, I'm rather disappointed with the cracks on the plexiglas. I have to use tape to cover the pointy part of a crack so that it doesn't scratch my hand when I access the three buttons at the back of the hitbox. Given the amount of bubble wrap padding and that the package box itself didn't seem damaged, I am inclined to think that they knew about the cracks but just didn't bother to replace the plexiglas before they packed and shipped the product. Aside from that, I have experienced on rare occasions unresponsiveness in the right and triangle buttons, but this has so far been a minor issue because it only happened to occur when I was in training mode.

I would very much like to get my hitbox fixed, but since I do not live in the US, the two way shipping costs and custom duties can easily amount to about $140 USD which is almost the price of a new PS3/PC hitbox, and I doubt they would cover that charge :(.
    That's too bad. : ( I would definitely encourage you to tell them about your problem. Maybe they can send you a replacement, and you can ship the other back, or something.

My 2nd Hit Box is coming in... with white buttons. I'm excited : )
  • ClaCla Let's fighting! Joined: Posts: 466
    edited February 2013
    Anyone got a good recommendation for a site to get custom artwork from? Tek-innovations.com is my favorite*, but they don't do Hitboxes. (at least not yet)

*(VERY pleased with the Fusion artwork & plexi I got from there)
    Post edited by Cla on
  • jesujesu real life hater Joined: Posts: 193
    edited February 2013
    Signed on for the first time in forever to say how excited I am that I purchased a hitbox. I received it this Tuesday (exactly one week after i ordered it) and I couldn't wait to get home and try it. I mostly play UMVC3 and it only took a few minutes before I was able to do my main bnbs. I even learned a harder bnb with magneto that I couldn't do before. Neutral seems like it'll be the biggest chore, but I think I'll eventually get used to it. Just wanted to post this to say thanks for the fast shipment, and that I love your product.
    Post edited by jesu on
    North Side/Downtown, Indianapolis, IN

Always on call at work, but trying to get games in when I can. PM if you're in the area and want to go in.
    Recieved my second Hit Box today and I looove it : )  Wondering about something though: I use Turtle Beach headphones. The HB does not seem to have a jack for a mic connection, so can this work? Like if I want voice chat with it. Just wondering... Thanks
  • JusticeJustice Joined: Posts: 46
    JSmith said:
    BlueMario, I ordered on the 13th and they haven't shipped yet. I think they're very busy! ; )

JSmith said:
    Recieved my second Hit Box today and I looove it : )  Wondering about something though: I use Turtle Beach headphones. The HB does not seem to have a jack for a mic connection, so can this work? Like if I want voice chat with it. Just wondering... Thanks
    I actually had to make an account after seeing these posts. I ordered mine on Feb. 7 and haven't received any e-mails to say that it was being shipped yet :'( I hope my order didn't get lost (or I missed it in my Junk Folder /panic). Anywho, I thought I'd post here since I can't find a spot on the website to e-mail them and ask what's up.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭
    Any questions can be sent to Hitboxes@gmail.com, we apologize for the delay, but we're trying to get parts in stock. We'll get whatever we can out the door as soon as possible, so bear with us!
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    JohnGrimm said:
    Any questions can be sent to Hitboxes@gmail.com, we apologize for the delay, but we're trying to get parts in stock. We'll get whatever we can out the door as soon as possible, so bear with us!

Thanks for the fast reply John! I clicked the Contact Us link on your website and sent an e-mail that way :)
  • shin neferioshin neferio BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 788
    Picked up a first gen hitbox in mint condition off a guy who was nice enough to put it on hold till i had the cash. I got together with some friends and had a game night, running it through the gauntlet of various fighting games (Sfxt,3s,Kof13,Alpha3,). Very impressed with the hitbox
    5th King of Tetris
  • blaxhblaxh Joined: Posts: 1
    Justice said:
    JSmith said:

JSmith said:
    I actually had to make an account after seeing these posts. I ordered mine on Feb. 7 and haven't received any e-mails to say that it was being shipped yet :'( I hope my order didn't get lost (or I missed it in my Junk Folder /panic). Anywho, I thought I'd post here since I can't find a spot on the website to e-mail them and ask what's up.
    Yup, you are not the only one. Ordered mine like two Sundays ago, yet the confirmation was the thing I've gotten so far. Nonetheless, I don't mind the extra wait as long as they are putting in good efforts to build a high quality hit box.
  • Husser_BrianHusser_Brian Joined: Posts: 250
    Thank you to everyone who's been patiently waiting.  Sorry for the delay while we restock parts.  After our pre-order we immediately saw a big surge in orders and were zapped of our parts before we could get things in order.  We've been doing our best to communicate with every customer individually who has had to wait to receive theirs.  If we haven't talked yet, please give us an e-mail at hitboxes@gmail.com and we'll make sure you're taken care of.  Parts should be in before the end of the week.

In the meantime, here's a broken video on how to get a ridiculous boost on your instant overheads in UMvC3!

• L1GHTN1NGBOLT23L1GHTN1NGBOLT23 Joined: Posts: 10
    Will the pre-order status become in-stock around the 28th of March? I don't have enough money to get one yet, the international shipping is expensive! Still gonna burn a hole though...

Will the pre-order status become in-stock around the 28th of March? I don't have enough money to get one yet, the international shipping is expensive! Still gonna burn a hole though...
    We should definitely have stock in late March.  We will be caught up well before then.

We received our parts and are starting to ship pre-orders as of Monday!  Thanks all for your patience!
    Whoo hoo! I just got my USPS electronic confirmation! I R so hype!
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    I can already see ur power level increasing.
  • CrusayerCrusayer Joined: Posts: 7
    Is it possible to have the design flipped to the other side?  I use arrow keys (right hand directionals) vs the current setup with directionals with the left hand.  :x
    Crusayer said:
    Is it possible to have the design flipped to the other side?  I use arrow keys (right hand directionals) vs the current setup with directionals with the left hand.  :x
    No we can't make mirrors.  The entire chassis of the box is one piece.

Don't worry though because you'll adapt very easily, especially once you get the hang of the jump button.
  • mikeoharamikeohara Dat Girl is POISSSONNNN~ Joined: Posts: 197
    I've admittedly looked past the Hitbox before ... but I tried the one my friend CountBlue has today and I'm pretty impressed with it. Got to try out SFxT on PC with his, and played a hilarious few minutes of AE with hacks before I had to go to class. I'm admittedly looking at buying a Hori VLX Diamond and swapping the PCB around with a PS360+, but this system just became the dark horse.
  • SehnderSehnder Joined: Posts: 41
    edited March 2013
    I picked up my Hitbox July of last year and thought I would (briefly) share my thoughts on it.

If you have ever struggled with execution, you owe it to yourself to get a Hitbox. $250 is a small price to pay in order to start fighting other people instead of fighting the controls. I have used every input device known to man short of a DDR pad, and the Hitbox wins by a mile. While Player Points (PP) aren't an objective measure of skill, it is about the best metric I have for comparative purposes. I don't think I ever crested 800PP using an arcade stick/controller/keyboard- I'm normally at 2500+ thanks to the Hitbox.

I remember I once spent a full hour trying to get a character (Bang Shishigami in BlazBlue) to do a double-dash in mid air using an arcade stick. I think if I had 10% accuracy I'm being generous with myself. In contrast I picked up the Hitbox and had a 100% success rate within a minute and a half. The ease of execution has let me branch out into characters I wouldn't normally try. I stayed clear of grapplers because I could never do 360s well- I can pull them off with enough consistency now that I can actually play Hakan with something resembling competency.

So in conclusion, if you are debating it... just buy the damn Hitbox!
    Post edited by Sehnder on
  • ArcticFahxArcticFahx Get in the plane. Joined: Posts: 74
    Justice wrote: »
    Wait, these are shipped USPS? Crud, I need to change my shipping then, my school won't take a USPS delivery for students so I should have done my PO Box when I ordered.
    Two Special Moves. Upside Down Kick, High Kick, Spinning Backfist, Sobats, Air Throws and Bazooka Knee. 99 Seconds. Will you get in?
    ArcticFahx wrote: »
    Wait, these are shipped USPS? Crud, I need to change my shipping then, my school won't take a USPS delivery for students so I should have done my PO Box when I ordered.

Might wanna toss em an e-mail to ask about it since I'm an international customer. They may use a different service for national orders.
    I just thought I'd ask, what's the dealeo with custom orders? Do you do custom art and stuff?
  • Supreme_BananasSupreme_Bananas Joined: Posts: 5
    Hello everyone!

I've recently bought a Hitbox controller for PC/PS3 as I learned to play Street Fighter on PC when I was little.
    It works like a charm on PS3, but for some reason the d-pad isn't recognized on PC. I can easily map all the attack buttons like with any controller, but the d-pad buttons yield nothing.
    I tried if I could get them to work with Joy2Key, but even that program doesn't recognize them. Well, it recognizes a button is pressed, but it doesn't know which one.
    The strangest thing is, Windows Game Conroller setup from the control panel recognizes the d-pad just fine.

Does anyone know what is going on? I'd like to play my SSFIV:AE on PC
    I just wanted to thank you guys so much for getting me my order! I am beyond happy with it!

One little thing tho, I was hit with an unexpected customs charge. Maybe you could put a little something somewheres on your website to remind international customers about this? It's not a big deal, I was happy to pay it. I was just caught aff guard is all.
  • jesujesu real life hater Joined: Posts: 193
    Kind of off topic, but I have a question for the good folks who I purchased my hitbox from. I'm from Indianapolis, IN, and will be in Vegas for a business trip this upcoming Tuesday and Wednesday. I posted in the Vegas thread as well, but it's pretty much dead, and I don't have a facebook to ask about this in the Vegas facebook group. Anyways, while out there I'd like to get some games in. I noticed that there is a hitbox gathering while doing research, so I figured I'd ask about specifics and if there are any gatherings in the area during that time. I'll be staying at the Bellagio and could even host in my room if someone brought a console, because all I'll be able to bring with me gaming wise is my hitbox and 3DS. I'm down to play any game. I don't get much competition in where I live, because our community is pretty small, and I have a very dedicated work schedule. Anyways, if you feel like responding, just say something here or send me a PM. Would love to get knocked around by the Vegas locals, or to thank you/get shown how it's done by the hitbox masters if possible while I'm out there.
    North Side/Downtown, Indianapolis, IN

Always on call at work, but trying to get games in when I can. PM if you're in the area and want to go in.
  • The BannedThe Banned Joined: Posts: 15
    I would like to get a hit box but I'm kind too nervous about how it would perform for someone like who only plays grapplers/wrestlers. It just doesn't look 720/360 friendly to me. The videos on youtube about 720 and 360 tutorial are not convincing enough. I feel like too much motions are involves and I don't know how can someone implement such moves in a fast paced fight.
    I could not make my mind for 3 weeks because of that, to buy or not to buy.
    I need an opinion from Hitbox owners who play grapplers
    I don't play grapplers but from what I've gathered from watching the vids (the 360 one inparticular) is that all you are doing is hitting 4 buttons then the move. The mechanics are the same, as is whatever buffer method you use will still work, etc. The advantage to this is that you are cutting the input frames in half so your move will come out that much faster since you won't be hitting the diagonals. Try pianoing your fingers on a table. Go from index > thumb > ring > middle finger (Toward > Up > Back > Down) on a table. That's how easy it is to do say Zangief's Jumping Piledriver. Your right hand doesn't do anything different.
  • RochusRochus (^)(o_O)(^) Joined: Posts: 128
    edited March 2013
    The thing that makes hitbox good for grapplers is that you are, by design of the apparatus, hitting all cardinal directions. (I won't comment on 720's for now.)

example:
    If i'm playing geif and wiggling outside of ryu's low forward range, I'm alternating between back and forward. By simply doing this I am buffering half of the 360 motion. When I hear or see a button that is not fireball, I quickly spam down then up, the remainder of the motion. The logic of hitbox dictates that up overrides down, unless you have a custom. Therefore, I don't need to be as accurate in the last part of the motion, its actually deceptively fast.

another:
    If I'm blocking a string as a grappler, I'm holding downback. If I want to spam reversal SPD, I can let go of down, tap forward, then spam down and up. With 45 secs of practice, you can get this out faster than on stick.
    Post edited by Rochus on
    You couldn't reach the top in a bad game of tetris

you should put that quarter in ur ass cuz your playin yourself

Im downright fierce like a hadoken

k groove bebe
    360's sound relatively easy to perform. what about 720's?
    How would pull of a 720 after a blocking back or downback?
    Sorry I've been MIA again! We're getting restocked again to ship another volley of pre-orders out again, so we should be fully caught up with everyone next week!

Buffering cardinal 360's is really good, and if you use slide you can get one on reaction extremely fast too.

TBH 720's are always a headache at first, but they are very strong once you get the motion down. Just start with neutral jump into 720 slowly to get started.
    Even if you're blocking down-back, you can do a cardinal slide back and forth near-instantly once you have the motion down. You just need the coordination to tap jump before you slide back. And, of course, if you're dedicated you can master the technique and do standing 720's in combat. It took me a few months to be able to do 6 in a row, but I can safely say it's practical in combat. :)
    We've also been in the lab with more tutorials!

Dash Jump 2 - Strider, Storm, and Rocket Raccoon

MODOK Grounded Air Dash
  • TheCurryManTheCurryMan Joined: Posts: 23
    Any chance of there ever being a 160 buck xbox360 option?
    I'm almost sold. The size and placement of buttons is fantastic
    But I'm wondering if the 7" width provides enough wrist support to play on your laps. Can some1 tell me more about that plz?
  • Supreme_BananasSupreme_Bananas Joined: Posts: 5
    The Banned wrote: »
    But I'm wondering if the 7" width provides enough wrist support to play on your laps. Can some1 tell me more about that plz?

The Hit Box I have has 4 anti-slip feet. Rock steady on your lap :)

Then consider yourself sold. I play on my lap and there is more than enough wrist support. I find it nice and comfy for my hands. My only gripe is that there isn't a velvet bottom like my Qanba but the HitBox is so light that sliding isn't an issue. It's just that the bottom gets kinda cold this time of year /wink

Then consider yourself sold. I play on my lap and there is more than enough wrist support. I find it nice and comfy for my hands. My only gripe is that there isn't a velvet bottom like my Qanba but the HitBox is so light that sliding isn't an issue. It's just that the bottom gets kinda cold this time of year /wink

I'm sold. I can assume that you play comfortably on your laps.
    Hopefully a preorder will ship by April

I'm sold. I can assume that you play comfortably on your laps.
    Hopefully a preorder will ship by April

Depends on how backed up they are. Mine took about a month with 2 weeks to ship (they're in Las Vegas and I'm in Eastern Canada). But they did say they were almost caught up on the pre-orders so it shouldnt take that long for you.
  • j13901j13901 PSN: CrossRhythm Joined: Posts: 422
    I'd like to get some custom art for my hitbox. Anybody know who to recommend? Also. Will I need a new plexiglas?
    Patron Saint of Skullgirls
    j13901 wrote: »
    I'd like to get some custom art for my hitbox. Anybody know who to recommend? Also. Will I need a new plexiglas?

Dunno about the art but you will need new plexi and right now, the only place to get one is from HitBox.
  • StoidsStoids Joined: Posts: 11
    I have a question about SOCD. I understand the concept, but was wondering how much of an advantage having SOCD on a stickless setup is. Right now, my stick goes forward when holding back/forward, so things like the SOCD FADC shortcut aren't possible. Is it worth it to invest in an SOCD cleaner kit to have access to these shortcuts?
  • ArcticFahxArcticFahx Get in the plane. Joined: Posts: 74
    So just grabbed mine from the post office today. And I'm glad it was here today, because that gives me Spring Break as lab time to get used to the Hitbox setup, as opposed to the stick I had been using (and the pad when that stick went tits up).
    Two Special Moves. Upside Down Kick, High Kick, Spinning Backfist, Sobats, Air Throws and Bazooka Knee. 99 Seconds. Will you get in?
  • entikentik Joined: Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    So I've had a HitBox for about a year now and have been loving it ever since. My only complaints are that 2 of the rubber feet have become disconnected from the box, but it's not really a big issue. There's always going to be a lot of shifting and moving during game play, so that was kind of expected. My other complaint is the loose/flimsy USB connection to the HitBox itself. I got my controller around a year ago now, and I remember the USB connection was talked about a while ago on the forums, so I'm not sure if that has been improved on already. Other than that it's been serving me well for what I can accomplish with it.

Over here on the east coast, it's all old school Stick players with a few Pads here and there...but I've been trying to show the HitBox off to hopefully spark some interest. At Next Level NYC I always get a couple questions about it, so some people seem to be intrigued. It's usually..."Do you like it?", "Is it easier?", or my favorite "WTF HE'S GOT NO STICK?!". Some people even try taking it for a spin. You HitBox devs should consider getting some PR out here or maybe even sending some 'rental' sticks to Next Level.

Post edited by entik on