Hit Box - We so S Tier1!!

Comments

• KreygasmKreygasm Joined: Posts: 2

Agreed. I got my PS4 Hitbox shortly after I ordered it and I love the thing. I was getting bored with using fight stick and this is so much more fun. It's like playing a piano to get your combos out. So cool. Once I get better with it I'm going to put out tutorial videos on my regimen I'm doing to learn to use it properly. Do you prefer to slide your fingers for HCB HCF or piano key that input? I prefer piano key even though i started using slide method at first. I'm learning to piano tho...

I much prefer the piano method for HCB and HCF inputs. I've only been playing Tekken so far and have not found any need for sliding methods yet. After playing with it for a couple days though, my skills have dramatically increased. I feel much more competent as a player. It is way fun to use! Now I am just waiting for Tekken 7's release :disappointed:
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 368
    edited February 26
    Where can I buy a plexi for the PS4 current Hitbox? Someone said the included graphic was a sticker you could peel off with enough effort but after taking mine apart I discovered it's laser etched on there it seems. I sent a DM to Jasen's customs asking him but I figured I'd ask here if anyone knows. Tek innovations isn't responding to messages and hasn't update the site in a while so they prob are out of the question. Anyway let me know. Thx.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • finch85finch85 Joined: Posts: 11
    edited February 28
    Where can I buy a plexi for the PS4 current Hitbox? Someone said the included graphic was a sticker you could peel off with enough effort but after taking mine apart I discovered it's laser etched on there it seems. I sent a DM to Jasen's customs asking him but I figured I'd ask here if anyone knows. Tek innovations isn't responding to messages and hasn't update the site in a while so they prob are out of the question. Anyway let me know. Thx.

I order my own faceplates on vectorealism.com...I send them a DWG file, and they laser-cut whatever material you want, from metal to plexiglass...I think they sell worldwide.
    Thanks for the heads up finch. Do you have a DWG file for the PS4 Hitbox? If so can you DM me so I can have you send it to me?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    So I was reading some Redditt threads on Hitbox and people seem to be under the impression that you need to use your left thumb to jump. Even people who actually have it are struggling with jumping because they try and do that. Am I the only one that found it more natural to use your right thumb to jump?
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,303
    So I was reading some Redditt threads on Hitbox and people seem to be under the impression that you need to use your left thumb to jump. Even people who actually have it are struggling with jumping because they try and do that. Am I the only one that found it more natural to use your right thumb to jump?

It's what we teach but people don't want to listen to us even though we make the thing.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • finch85finch85 Joined: Posts: 11
    edited March 1
    I use the left thumb, for me is more natural..but I think that the jump button is positioned there in order to choose what hand you prefer! But using the hitbox that way can be a real mess for my brain...I mean...Left hand move the character, right hand hit. End! =P ..As for the hitbox layout, if you PM me your email I can send you the dwg file! Only one thing: you have to take the dimensions of your plate because mine is modeled on the Namco Arcade Stick panel. However, the holes position is the same as the original hitbox.
    edited March 5
    JohnGrimm wrote: »

It's what we teach but people don't want to listen to us even though we make the thing.

Do you guys at Hitbox have any plans to offer a clear plexi so us official Hitbox users can install our own art? I have the art template and already have my art printed out. Just trying to find a clear plexi for the thing. Also when are Hitbox tshirts going back on sale on the site? It's so hard to get in touch with you guys or get a response. You should hire someone specifically for pubic relations/customer service. Some stay at home dad or mom or something that won't require high pay right now...

Do you guys at Hitbox have any plans to offer a clear plexi so us official Hitbox users can install our own art? I have the art template and already have my art printed out. Just trying to find a clear plexi for the thing. Also when are Hitbox tshirts going back on sale on the site? It's so hard to get in touch with you guys or get a response. You should hire someone specifically for pubic relations/customer service. Some stay at home dad or mom or something that won't require high pay right now...

We're currently focusing on Smash Box stuff so it might be a while before we restock and look into other things. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We're currently focusing on Smash Box stuff so it might be a while before we restock and look into other things. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I found a plexi shop near me that is able to custom make plexis to the size needed for the Hitbox. Would you guys sue me if I got some made and started selling them to Hitbox owners. I would sell them at cost/no profit. I have a good job in IT and don't want/expect to make a living selling Hitbox plexis. I just want to help out my fellow Hitbox owners. We're a brotherhood you know.

I found a plexi shop near me that is able to custom make plexis to the size needed for the Hitbox. Would you guys sue me if I got some made and started selling them to Hitbox owners. I would sell them at cost/no profit. I have a good job in IT and don't want/expect to make a living selling Hitbox plexis. I just want to help out my fellow Hitbox owners. We're a brotherhood you know.

It's cool, don't worry about it. You wouldn't be the only one selling Hit Box stuff.
  • hyperheavywinghyperheavywing Joined: Posts: 25
    Is there a plan for Hitbox arcade to provide firmware update for ps4 model with xinput?
    Is there a plan for Hitbox arcade to provide firmware update for ps4 model with xinput?

We can look into it but no guarantees on that.
    I've created a Hitbox Discord for users that are interested in talking to other owners. https://discord.gg/ncRJJMV
  • Boss_SavageBoss_Savage Joined: Posts: 36
    edited March 17
    Does anyone happen to know what PCB board the PS4 Hitbox uses? IIRC it uses a brook PCB board, no?

I'm curious about input lag benchmarks for the hitbox and just wanted to see where it stacks up.

To me it feels fine. But knowing the actual numbers wouldn't hurt.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,941
    Brook PS4 Fightboard soldered to a custom breakout board.
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,017
    gahrling wrote: »

@gahrling
    A few different point are between hitbox & Brook. For example :: code and hardware
  • xdbsxdbs Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys, my hitbox kinda bit the dust. Any place I can get a custom hitbox? I would like the layout a bit different to match my hands a bit more with some buttons elsewhere.
    xdbs wrote: »
    Hey guys, my hitbox kinda bit the dust. Any place I can get a custom hitbox? I would like the layout a bit different to match my hands a bit more with some buttons elsewhere.

We don't do customs unfortunately.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,714
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    gahrling wrote: »

@gahrling
    A few different point are between hitbox & Brook. For example :: code and hardware

Right, also the PS4 Hitbox doesn't allow for forcing into PS3 mode.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Get a Hitbox from Hitboxarcade.com and drop a Brook UFB into it. Top tier controller right there....
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 233
    For a custom an easy way is to get a madcatz TE and use Tek innovations panel builder for it.
    Get a Hitbox from Hitboxarcade.com and drop a Brook UFB into it. Top tier controller right there....

I'll probably do that one of these days way later down the road. But that's a lot of money tbh.

I was going to drop a UFB in my XB1 hitbox. But I'd figure it would be easier and cheaper to just sell my XB1 hitbox and buy a PS4 one instead.
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,017

I'll probably do that one of these days way later down the road. But that's a lot of money tbh.

I was going to drop a UFB in my XB1 hitbox. But I'd figure it would be easier and cheaper to just sell my XB1 hitbox and buy a PS4 one instead.

@Boss_Savage
    PS4+Audio fighting board, easy to install
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/09922855/

@Boss_Savage

Wait, so is this a UFB + an audio jack input? Because if so, then I'm definitely getting one when i have the funds.

@Boss_Savage

Wait, so is this a UFB + an audio jack input? Because if so, then I'm definitely getting one when i have the funds.

No its not a UFB, it only works with PS3 PS4 and PC
  • m4tth3wm4tth3w Joined: Posts: 12

@Boss_Savage

Nah, people seem to be talking about changing their PBC out and putting in a UFB into it.
    m4tth3w wrote: »

@Boss_Savage

Nah, people seem to be talking about changing their PBC out and putting in a UFB into it.

It's definitely something I want to do sometime down the line. But as of now I don't have the need nor funds to do so.

In reality, I can just buy a brook PS4 to XB1 converter if I really need to use my hitbox on xbox. I dunno. Time will tell.
  • m4tth3wm4tth3w Joined: Posts: 12
    @Boss_Savage Yeah, converters aren't a bad option. I was using a Brook 360 to PS4 on my Q4 RAF, I didn't notice extra input lag. After switching to a Brook UFB though I can say it's more convenient having it built in.
    m4tth3w wrote: »
    @Boss_Savage Yeah, converters aren't a bad option. I was using a Brook 360 to PS4 on my Q4 RAF, I didn't notice extra input lag. After switching to a Brook UFB though I can say it's more convenient having it built in.

Oh definitely. I also heard that the UFB as some of the lowest, if not the lowest, input lag for a PCB board. Though I'm unsure if it matters if the numbers aren't significantly lower than the Brook converter.
    edited April 6
    I wrote a question asking where should I connect VDD, but I found an answer It is to connect L1 and R1 instead of ground. just as a reference
    Post edited by hyperheavywing on
  • sum_krazy_foolsum_krazy_fool Joined: Posts: 14
    edited April 17

============ PROBLEM NOW FIXED!!!! ==================

Hi guys just wondering how to fix the eratic behaviour of my PS4 hitbox when playing SFV, it works on every other title but SFV...on that game it totally messes up my inputs with hk + 3k being unresponsivce and the other attack buttons being jumbled up with kicks where punches should be and vice versa. I tried updating the firmware via your site and somehow it still isn't working....this is really killing it for me...i tried various fixes offered online such as holding MP button as i plug in the hitbox or something and resetting my pc while the hitbox is plugged in and all to no avail...PLEASE HELP! I really want to play SFV on pc...

============ PROBLEM NOW FIXED!!!! ==================
    Post edited by sum_krazy_fool on
    edited April 6
    Hi guys just wondering how to fix the eratic behaviour of my PS4 hitbox when playing SFV, it works on every other title but SFV...on that game it totally messes up my inputs with hk + 3k being unresponsivce and the other attack buttons being jumbled up with kicks where punches should be and vice versa. I tried updating the firmware via your site and somehow it still isn't working....this is really killing it for me...i tried various fixes offered online such as holding MP button as i plug in the hitbox or something and resetting my pc while the hitbox is plugged in and all to no avail...PLEASE HELP! I really want to play SFV on pc...

Unfortunately that is an issue with SFV on PC and we really can't help you since Hit Box is a direct input device on PC instead of an Xinput device. You'd have to use something like joy2key or xpadder or something to fix SFV reading your inputs wrong.
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 3,985
    edited April 11
    anybody else have issues with their thumbs overlapping / bumping into each other? it is especially pronounced if I use my right thumb for jump

best solution I've come up with is to bind my left thumb to my left index finger with a velcro strap... but that's pretty awkward and uncomfortable in it's own right.

"Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,584
    Quark wrote: »
    anybody else have issues with their thumbs overlapping / bumping into each other? it is especially pronounced if I use my right thumb for jump

best solution I've come up with is to bind my left thumb to my left index finger with a velcro strap... but that's pretty awkward and uncomfortable in it's own right.

You need practice, using the Hitbox is alot like typing or using a piano. Each hand has it's assigned zone and does not cross over to the other.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 3,985
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Each hand has it's assigned zone and does not cross over to the other.

this is only true for me if I rest my right thumb on LK, which I can't do without bending my wrist at a painful angle.

so long as my hands are in a relaxed, natural position (with left index finger on Right button and right index finger on LP button) my thumbs overlap and bump into each other when I play.

picture for reference:
    3InDDF0gOm0d.jpg
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,405
    cut off your thumb as you have giant hands.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide

Dude you should press MP when you plug it into the PC. Then go into the 1P Direct Input controller settings and set the buttons. You have to assign them first. Have you even done that yet?

If above methods don't work, try brook's v14 firmware that GOGO.Zippy posted. It works like a charm to me on SFV. work as direct input
    So I wanna put a Brook UFB in my PS4 Hitbox. I know all the buttons can pretty much be screwed into the post on the UFB but what about the USB? the USB on the Hitbox looks like 4 wires soldered/hot glued into place or something. Will I need to solder those 4 only and if so to where?
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 809
    So I wanna put a Brook UFB in my PS4 Hitbox. I know all the buttons can pretty much be screwed into the post on the UFB but what about the USB? the USB on the Hitbox looks like 4 wires soldered/hot glued into place or something. Will I need to solder those 4 only and if so to where?

Just order a 10 to 15 foot USB cable when you order your UFB. Then you can swap out the old pcb and USB cord for the new ones.
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."

Just order a 10 to 15 foot USB cable when you order your UFB. Then you can swap out the old pcb and USB cord for the new ones.

and am I right that you can just plug the 20pin thing into the UFB off the old PCB and you're done?
  • ScotchScotch Joined: Posts: 97

and am I right that you can just plug the 20pin thing into the UFB off the old PCB and you're done?

On UFB board it's labeled what wire goes where.

Red == VCC
    White == D-
    Green == D+
    Black == GND

• sum_krazy_foolsum_krazy_fool Joined: Posts: 14
    edited April 17
    So what's the latest Hitbox tech for SFV? Especially in regards to Necalli.
    Lastly got any tips for cr.block into dp on P2 side? I can do this easily on P1side with:

--- < 2(hold), 6 (tap x2) XX MP > ---

yet struggle to do the same tech on P2 side. perhaps there is some shortcut that could help me transition from cr.block to insta-shoryu on P2 side?
  • carcosacarcosa Joined: Posts: 4
    Could anyone provide me with a hitbox template for the Hori V3-SA / VX-SA please. Impossible to find.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,584
    carcosa wrote: »
    Could anyone provide me with a hitbox template for the Hori V3-SA / VX-SA please. Impossible to find.

Because there isn't any

If you want those sticks to have a hitbox template you have to make one for your self from scratch.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    So does anyone swap the hitbox pcb to brook UFB? any photos? It sound tempting

I think a lot of people have done that. I asked about it either in this thread or the brook UFB one. You just gotta get a UFB, and hook up all the cables to the screws, then Jasen recommended just getting a new USB cable to plug into the UFB and out of the stick to the console/PC. Hitbox is awesome and being able to use it on most any system is G.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,512

whats the point then to get a hitbox in the first place.
    the case itself isnt that great and modding te or other sticks into a hitbox will not cost more...i would say even much less.
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 809
    Anybody got any tips for doing flames of the faltine loops with Dr. Strange on the hitbox? I can't seem to get it for the life of me. i feel like I can't get the instant air impact palm out fast enough, People mention doing the magnetic blast motion but I've never been able to hit those consistently without switching from my right to left thumb for up.
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."