Hit Box - We so S Tier1!!

Comments

• hyperheavywinghyperheavywing Joined: Posts: 25
    appomo wrote: »
    So does anyone swap the hitbox pcb to brook UFB? any photos? It sound tempting

whats the point then to get a hitbox in the first place.
    the case itself isnt that great and modding te or other sticks into a hitbox will not cost more...i would say even much less.

To be honest, I agree with you. If I knew all about these options before, I would not buy ps4 hitbox.

I think a lot of people have done that. I asked about it either in this thread or the brook UFB one. You just gotta get a UFB, and hook up all the cables to the screws, then Jasen recommended just getting a new USB cable to plug into the UFB and out of the stick to the console/PC. Hitbox is awesome and being able to use it on most any system is G.

can you find me a link for a photo?
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,327

the case itself isnt that great and modding te or other sticks into a hitbox will not cost more...i would say even much less.

The case is 100% metal, that's not true for a good portion of the competition. Maybe you don't like the look or don't think it's thick enough, but it's an incredibly durable and sturdy case. In the going on 7 years we have been doing business, we have never had a single complaint about the case.

In regards to price, Hit Box out of the box is $200 plus shipping. The price of the Razer Panthera is $200 plus shipping. The price of the Qanba Obsidian is $200 plus shipping. Now, you can get a Hori Real Arcade Pro V/Hayabusa/etc for $150 plus shipping, but the majority of that case is plastic which is how they get the price down so much and they no longer use Sanwa buttons but instead Hori first party hardware. Madcatz is defunct. To convert one of these sticks into a Hit Box you would either need to buy a new top panel or make a new top panel yourself and then buy more buttons. New top panel and extra buttons is likely to run you an extra $30 plus shipping. Out of all of these options, the only one you could save money converting into a Hit Box is the HRAPV/Hayabusa, but then you have a plastic case and you don't have Sanwa buttons. Some people like the Hori buttons, but if you don't and want to replace them to have all Sanwa it's not cheaper.

The only possible way you could save cost is making it yourself, in which making your own controller is always cheaper than buying one because you don't need to cover production/labor and that's not a Hit Box exclusive issue that we're just screwing people over on. That's the cost of doing business and every manufacturer has to deal with it and you pay for it everywhere you go.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    JohnGrimm wrote: »

The case is 100% metal, that's not true for a good portion of the competition. Maybe you don't like the look or don't think it's thick enough, but it's an incredibly durable and sturdy case. In the going on 7 years we have been doing business, we have never had a single complaint about the case.

In regards to price, Hit Box out of the box is $200 plus shipping. The price of the Razer Panthera is $200 plus shipping. The price of the Qanba Obsidian is $200 plus shipping. Now, you can get a Hori Real Arcade Pro V/Hayabusa/etc for $150 plus shipping, but the majority of that case is plastic which is how they get the price down so much and they no longer use Sanwa buttons but instead Hori first party hardware. Madcatz is defunct. To convert one of these sticks into a Hit Box you would either need to buy a new top panel or make a new top panel yourself and then buy more buttons. New top panel and extra buttons is likely to run you an extra $30 plus shipping. Out of all of these options, the only one you could save money converting into a Hit Box is the HRAPV/Hayabusa, but then you have a plastic case and you don't have Sanwa buttons. Some people like the Hori buttons, but if you don't and want to replace them to have all Sanwa it's not cheaper.

The only possible way you could save cost is making it yourself, in which making your own controller is always cheaper than buying one because you don't need to cover production/labor and that's not a Hit Box exclusive issue that we're just screwing people over on. That's the cost of doing business and every manufacturer has to deal with it and you pay for it everywhere you go.

Man, You make me want to say something. Do you know why people buying pre-made sticks? One, not everyone is an expert in making own stick and simply don't want to. Two, reliability.
    This is exactly why I bought a PS4 hitbox spending over 200 dollars, not because it is made with a metal box.
    However, I got a product that does not run with a firmware on the website (I have to use brook's after I found this forum), and horrible customer service that asks me to send photos and completely ignores my emails for over a month (I never got a response). I understand Hitbox arcade is a small company, and it is difficult to compete with big boys in price and services. Plus, It is always good for customers to have more options to choose from and this is why I try to understand your situation and try not to share a lot of negative things. but if you think a metal box is what every customer want, and it makes hitbox arcade as a superior option? Well, please think again.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,873

thats all fine for the product itself when you buy it, plug it in and can go on.
    but my reply was made to the guy who wanted to put a other pcb in it.

no one buys a hitbox to mod it afterwards, they buy it to get a finished product on which they dont want/have to lay hands on anymore.
    thats why i questioned if it makes sense to buy the hitbox when you want to replace the pcb later on which increase of course the price.
  • SymplexSymplex Joined: Posts: 3
    edited April 30
    Hey guys I'm really sorry, I just got my PS4 hitbox on Friday, and have been having timeout issues. I followed everything I could in this thread, I tried the firmware on Hitboxarcade.com , the PS3 PS4 Small Board v14 from GG. With both these I still get the 8 minute timeout.I also the PS3PS4FightingBoard_Online from Brooks' site, this one seems to recognize the controller hold R2 (If I hold R2, all inputs will work) Sorry I know this has been asked too many times, but I was under the impression that newer hitboxes (Post june/July 2016) had this issue resolved. Again sorry as I know this has been asked, but I can't figure this out. Also, I apologize, I'm not very familiar at all with PCB boards/ terminology
  • RykendawgRykendawg Joined: Posts: 378
    edited May 1
    Symplex wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm really sorry, I just got my PS4 hitbox on Friday, and have been having timeout issues. I followed everything I could in this thread, I tried the firmware on Hitboxarcade.com , the PS3 PS4 Small Board v14 from GG. With both these I still get the 8 minute timeout.I also the PS3PS4FightingBoard_Online from Brooks' site, this one seems to recognize the controller hold R2 (If I hold R2, all inputs will work) Sorry I know this has been asked too many times, but I was under the impression that newer hitboxes (Post june/July 2016) had this issue resolved. Again sorry as I know this has been asked, but I can't figure this out. Also, I apologize, I'm not very familiar at all with PCB boards/ terminology

https://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/ps4-firmware-update

"***UPDATE 4/29/17: Firmware Update Coming Soon: We are aware of this issue with new PS4 System Software update. ETA mid next week (please check back here for updates). A new firmware update will be added shortly. In the meantime plugging and re-plugging in your Hit Box between games will keep you in the action for the time being."
    GT: IllusionGodfist
    PSN: TheAzureFlash
    Fighter ID: BlueStar

• Principlesof98Principlesof98 Joined: Posts: 19
    Has anyone using the brooks ufb with this months update 1.9 like the new socd inputs? I have the brooks ps3ps4 fb w update 1.8 so cannot try. According to the post, it makes it so the second input left or right takes priority, no more neutral.
  • BiggzBiggz Joined: Posts: 41
    Has anyone using the brooks ufb with this months update 1.9 like the new socd inputs? I have the brooks ps3ps4 fb w update 1.8 so cannot try. According to the post, it makes it so the second input left or right takes priority, no more neutral.

I updated a couple of days ago and the SOCD is the same as before. It looks like the patch notes are explaining how to toggle between two modes of SOCD. Opening and shorting J2_4 and J2_5, I'm assuming those are terminals on the board :)
    ONLINE-201704
    Open J2_4、J2_5: Current SOCD output
    Short J2_4、J2_5: New SOCD output, second command covers first command. ie:( ← + → = →),( → + ← = ←)

• VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 505

thats all fine for the product itself when you buy it, plug it in and can go on.
    but my reply was made to the guy who wanted to put a other pcb in it.

no one buys a hitbox to mod it afterwards, they buy it to get a finished product on which they dont want/have to lay hands on anymore.
    thats why i questioned if it makes sense to buy the hitbox when you want to replace the pcb later on which increase of course the price.

Plenty of people buy a Hitbox to mod it afterwards. If you own a Xbox 360, PS3, PC, PS4, and maybe even an Xbox One putting a Brook UFB in your Hitbox is a no brainer. Why wouldn't you mod it? Not only that you can put different buttons in it if you see fit. I have Seimitsu 24mm's in my Hitbox PS4 for the 8 action buttons and clear 24mm Sanwas for the directional. Just because YOU don't wanna mod your Hitbox doesn't mean anyone else isn't capable/doesn't want to.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    Rykendawg wrote: »
    Symplex wrote: »

"***UPDATE 4/29/17: Firmware Update Coming Soon: We are aware of this issue with new PS4 System Software update. ETA mid next week (please check back here for updates). A new firmware update will be added shortly. In the meantime plugging and re-plugging in your Hit Box between games will keep you in the action for the time being."

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I feel stupid now I honestly thought that said 16 not 17 lol. Thank you so much, was starting to get frustrated. Thank you again though!
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 242
    edited May 1
    If someone is already down to mod there are better routes to go instead of spending $200 for a one system controller that you are going to change the pcb in anyways. There are a lot of custom builders out there that make top notch quality cases. IMO I didn't like how much wrist room there was on the official hitbox so I went custom along with a few other reasons.
    Post edited by Bubbledotjpg on
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 816
    They already are having their boards made through Brook so why not offer an UFB multi console version for a bit more?
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."
    They already are having their boards made through Brook so why not offer an UFB multi console version for a bit more?

Because we aren't having our boards made through Brook.
    If someone is already down to mod there are better routes to go instead of spending $200 for a one system controller that you are going to change the pcb in anyways. There are a lot of custom builders out there that make top notch quality cases. IMO I didn't like how much wrist room there was on the official hitbox so I went custom along with a few other reasons.

I had custom Hitboxes and got the official Hitbox because 1.) I like the size of it compared to my customs and 2.) I wanted to support the company whose brain child this was. If it wasn't for Hitboxarcade.com you wouldn't have a custom "Hitbox" to be able to go out and buy. All those other things are rip-offs and the official one is just sick. My only gripe with it is I wish they'd included a clear plexi so you can add art. Other than that I'm very happy with it. I'm so happy with it in fact I want to use it on multiple consoles. What's another 80 bucks to get a UFB to throw in it for that compatibility? If everyone had your attitude, no one would buy Brook boards to mod their/any controller unless it came with it originally.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 242
    That's like your opinion man. If you want to pay a premium just because they came up with the idea first and get less supported consoles you do you. Not sure how what I'm saying has anything to do with brook boards as I'm a huge fan of them.

Paying $280 for an official hitbox with a UFB to have full console support is just something I can't agree with.
  • ZeFlashZeFlash Joined: Posts: 17
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Yep

@Darksakul and @hyperheavywing
    Hitbox used the different firmware with Brook PS4 Fighting Board.

Surprisingly, my hitbox ps4 keep failing to upgrade with a firmware on Hitbox website, and works ok with 1.4version Brooks you posted previous pages. So I sent an email to hitbox arcade and they didn't respond over a month.

@hyperheavywing

OMG...
    I can offer a firmware link to all for fixing

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wcjoe72dajtjns/PS3 PS4 Small Board_V14_20160722.zip?dl=0

Press PS+Share then plug in a USB port

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlzjikqf6pmeqqy/Fixing for Hitbox.jpg?dl=0

Can you rehost that zip file please? I've buggered my hitbox like Darkakul has and sadly the link for the fix you posted is dead

I had custom Hitboxes and got the official Hitbox because 1.) I like the size of it compared to my customs and 2.) I wanted to support the company whose brain child this was. If it wasn't for Hitboxarcade.com you wouldn't have a custom "Hitbox" to be able to go out and buy. All those other things are rip-offs and the official one is just sick. My only gripe with it is I wish they'd included a clear plexi so you can add art. Other than that I'm very happy with it. I'm so happy with it in fact I want to use it on multiple consoles. What's another 80 bucks to get a UFB to throw in it for that compatibility? If everyone had your attitude, no one would buy Brook boards to mod their/any controller unless it came with it originally.

So did you put UFB in your Hitbox? or is it still in progress?
    edited May 2
    That's like your opinion man. If you want to pay a premium just because they came up with the idea first and get less supported consoles you do you. Not sure how what I'm saying has anything to do with brook boards as I'm a huge fan of them.

Paying $280 for an official hitbox with a UFB to have full console support is just something I can't agree with.
    Yeah but ANY stick/Hitbox whatever you buy, if you want it to have multiple console support is going to require putting a Brook UFB in it. What really is the alternative? Are you saying you can make a metal base Hitbox with mutli console support for less? If so that's awesome. But for the average guy its not a bad deal.

Edit: BTW man I did say I have custom Hitboxes. Maybe I misunderstood you but if sounded like you were hating on official Hitboxes just because you don't like them. My point was that they are the originators of the idea and at least deserve respect for that. I love my custom Hitboxes and just sold my official one for EVO money today. $200 for a Hitbox is not a bad deal. especially when TE2s are around the same price or more.
    edited May 2
    By the way I sold my Hitbox to a guy today and didn't realize one of the rubber feet was missing. It unscrewed and fell out somehow. I might be seeing that guy again at a local tourney and wanted to get one for him if I can't find it around the house. Do any of you know where you can find one of the 4 outer screws/feet on the current PS4 Hitbox?
    edited May 2
    Check out this dope azz controller I found on FB:

vwswvb.jpg

BTW If you feel like drooling: https://www.facebook.com/allfightsticks/
  • nguyenbui3nguyenbui3 Joined: Posts: 7
    Thanks @VarmintBaby for the hitbox bro! I'm still trying to get used to the 24mm buttons.. I kind of wanna try a 30mm layout for the attack buttons and keep the movement 24mm
    nguyenbui3 wrote: »
    Thanks @VarmintBaby for the hitbox bro! I'm still trying to get used to the 24mm buttons.. I kind of wanna try a 30mm layout for the attack buttons and keep the movement 24mm

I got one like that if you want for cheap plus shipping. I modded a fightstick alpha for hitbox w sanwa buttons. So 24 mm dorection, 30mm attack
    edited May 4
    nguyenbui3 wrote: »

Like I told you bro, give yourself 1 - 1.5 mo to get used to it. After that you're gonna take off execution wise. And you'll be used to it fully. Keep in mind thats with like 4hrs minimum use every day. I'm a fighting game fiend tho.. lol

Edit: But if you really think you'd prefer 30mm buttons, definitely look into a mod or something. I'd even contact Jasen at jasenscustoms.com and see if he can do anything for you....
    Post edited by VarmintBaby on
  • Ethereal_ReaperEthereal_Reaper Stumble God Joined: Posts: 5
    If I'm drilling into a metal case for 24mm buttons, do I used a 24mm holesaw bit, or do I need the bit to be slightly larger/smaller than the buttons?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

—Douglas Adams,
    Last Chance to See
    If I'm drilling into a metal case for 24mm buttons, do I used a 24mm holesaw bit, or do I need the bit to be slightly larger/smaller than the buttons?

24mm refers to the hole size for the buttons so you want it to be exactly 24mm for the button to fit snuggly.
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

Also, to me it seems that for snap in buttons it has to be more precisely 24mm. For the screw on buttons it seems that you can get away with "slightly" more as the screw nut will hold it on for the most part.
    edited May 5

Also, to me it seems that for snap in buttons it has to be more precisely 24mm. For the screw on buttons it seems that you can get away with "slightly" more as the screw nut will hold it on for the most part.

That was another question I had. I decided to go with the Sanwa 24mm to mimic the hitbox, but I see they offer 3 models of button the OBSF, OBSN, and OBSC which seem to be Snap-in, screw-in(I think?) and transparent(?) respectively. Is there any actual difference in their performance, or is it just a matter of how they get attached to the body, and minor cosmetics?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

—Douglas Adams,
    Last Chance to See

That was another question I had. I decided to go with the Sanwa 24mm to mimic the hitbox, but I see they offer 3 models of button the OBSF, OBSN, and OBSC which seem to be Snap-in, screw-in(I think?) and transparent(?) respectively. Is there any actual difference in their performance, or is it just a matter of how they get attached to the body, and minor cosmetics?

They are the same button performance wise. Also, when using a holesaw, its important to know that the hole will be slightly larger than the stated size.
    I managed to get my hands on a metal box that's 16x8x2 (pretty close to hitbox specs) but the hole saw bits I have to work with floating in my tool box atm are 13/16" (21mm) and 15/16"(24mm) so I think that the 15/16" one has to work... I hope. I could probably do a dry run on a spare piece of wood, and just test a button for fit.

—Douglas Adams,
    Last Chance to See
    I managed to get my hands on a metal box that's 16x8x2 (pretty close to hitbox specs) but the hole saw bits I have to work with floating in my tool box atm are 13/16" (21mm) and 15/16"(24mm) so I think that the 15/16" one has to work... I hope. I could probably do a dry run on a spare piece of wood, and just test a button for fit.

That would be best. You will need one for the 30mm up button though as well dont forget. Id also suggest the screw on buttons for a more secure fit if the holes are a bit larger than needed
    For some reason, I'd assumed that 30mm was a more standard bit, but it's apparently 1-3/16" so I'll have to pick one of those up, thanks for the reminder.

PS: Why is it impossible to find a video of someone installing the OBSN buttons?

—Douglas Adams,
    Last Chance to See
    For some reason, I'd assumed that 30mm was a more standard bit, but it's apparently 1-3/16" so I'll have to pick one of those up, thanks for the reminder.

PS: Why is it impossible to find a video of someone installing the OBSN buttons?

Hmm dont know, but its just drop button in hole and screw lock ring in.
  • WallachWallach Joined: Posts: 204
    My firmware update just fails with the one posted 5/4. It says there would be another one today but nothing posted yet.
    edited May 7

They aren't brook boards, yet you're updating them with brook software?

DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

They aren't brook boards, yet you're updating them with brook software?

They're the same family of PCB, very similar in many ways, that's the nature of Chinese production. China is a very open source iterative country when it comes to technology. You see it all over Shenzhen, stalls and vendors selling identical products with slight changes. We have our own factory independent from Brook, make our own stuff independent from Brook, and our software doesn't come from Brook. The nature of creating in China however is that these factory owners and the people who work in them all talk with each other and share ideas and technology, swap parts, they work together. That's how China stays at the bleeding edge of technology and ahead of the rest of the world. Even though we have nothing to do with Brook, our parts and software are very identical, because it's what has been worked out to be the best solution in this market for the time being.
  • capsnzcapsnz Joined: Posts: 11
    Hi I'm having problems doing crouching medium kick cancelling into fireball with ryu. Sumtimes the fireball doesn't register. I'm pressing down + medium kick, forward + punch. Sometimes it registers sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else getting this?
    edited May 7
    capsnz wrote: »
    Hi I'm having problems doing crouching medium kick cancelling into fireball with ryu. Sumtimes the fireball doesn't register. I'm pressing down + medium kick, forward + punch. Sometimes it registers sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else getting this?

What does your input display show in-game? My guess would be that you are rolling down to forward and getting the P before forward comes out after down-forward too early to make the buffer (i.e. your input display would show like d+K, df+P, f).
    Wallach wrote: »

What does your input display show in-game? My guess would be that you are rolling down to forward and getting the P before forward comes out after down-forward too early to make the buffer (i.e. your input display would show like d+K, df+P, f).

Yeh I wasn't rolling my directional inputs properly
    I've been on the hitbox for a week now. Absolutely loving it. It's definitely harder with the ring finger hopefully in time I'll get use to it. Does anyone do the 636 and 323 dragon punches?? I know it seems a lot easier doing these methods but I've noticed it's really hard to cancel into a critical art when using them. ive noticed I'm breaking out of habit of using those alternatives. Anyone got any training tips for ring finger training. I feel like my brain disagrees with my fingers a lot I end up just laughing at myself like wtf was I tryna do lol more training for me I suppose
    This is going to sound dumb, but when I was learning to play the piano, one of the things that really helped my finger strength was "rice digging." Google it, it's cheap/easy to setup and utilize. You will wonder what your life has come to while actively doing it, but it's a small price to pay for iron fingers.

—Douglas Adams,
    Last Chance to See

Hmm dont know, but its just drop button in hole and screw lock ring in.
    I've been on the hitbox for a week now. Absolutely loving it. It's definitely harder with the ring finger hopefully in time I'll get use to it. Does anyone do the 636 and 323 dragon punches?? I know it seems a lot easier doing these methods but I've noticed it's really hard to cancel into a critical art when using them. ive noticed I'm breaking out of habit of using those alternatives. Anyone got any training tips for ring finger training. I feel like my brain disagrees with my fingers a lot I end up just laughing at myself like wtf was I tryna do lol more training for me I suppose

Look up finger exercises, tons online. They help alot, plus u can do them while doing other things like watching tv
    @JohnGrimm - Any update on the Hitbox PS4 firmware update? The temporary one posted on 5/4 just doesn't take for my Hitbox.
  • SoNauticalSoNautical Joined: Posts: 21
    edited May 12
    Hey everyone, feeling at the end of my rope here. The 5/4 firmware for Hitboxes seems to have made mine inoperable, and I'm not sure what to do. I contacted Hitbox but did not get a response, and on Reddit I was told to look for the PCB manufacturer's site. Would any of the downloads on this page help at all? http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS4/ I don't want to further break the thing, so I want to make sure that if I download something, it'll work this time.
  • GegzGegz Joined: Posts: 15
    edited May 22
    Hey guys,

Since the last update (Bought my Hitbox a few months ago), my Hitbox isn't working properly :

I'm playing at a local gathering every week, and since the update, i have a hard time getting my Hitbox working on the PS4s. I have to plug / unplug, sometimes for more than 15 minutes until it work...
    I had no issues at home so far until... today, it's the first time my home PS4 does not work with my Hitbox.

I tried to reinstall the firmware, but no luck, still having that issue.

What's wrong with my Hitbox :x ?

Thanks !

[Edit] Just found what's wrong. It's not related to the firmware at all, the usb cable is just really sensitive now and if i move it just a little bit, the Hitbox stops working. Guess i'll have to change the cable:x
    Post edited by Gegz on
  • Boss_SavageBoss_Savage Joined: Posts: 45
    Did the 5/4/17 PS4 firmware update make anyone's share button function at the touch pad? I've been going crazy trying to figure out how to get my hitbox to register the share button as the touch pad button. Is there a certain button combination?
  • ohsballerohsballer Joined: Posts: 5
    So I have a dual modded xbox 360/ps3 Hitbox. Does it still have any value? I want to sell it but I'm not sure if there's a market for it. Maybe it can be modded for new systems as well?

Did the 5/4/17 PS4 firmware update make anyone's share button function at the touch pad? I've been going crazy trying to figure out how to get my hitbox to register the share button as the touch pad button. Is there a certain button combination?

Not mine, it said it was going to but I noticed they changed the update notes to remove that part, kinda disappointing as the touch pad is used for so many games reset position button.
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 319
    Its sad how there is no ergonomic info as it pertains to FGS. Sticks gave me RSI tendonitis and I searched for info and found almost none.

So so true. Starting to feel RSI coming on in my left wrist. Tried all the stretching exercises, better posture etc but it isn't working. Time to try out the S-Tier Hitbox. I don't get the problems typing all day so I'm guessing i'll be fine on a hitbox. I'm not going to risk it anymore.
    "Foolish Worm"
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 147
    Hey, since someone asked for a template for a hitbox in an other thread, I thought maybe someone will be intrested.
    Here's one I've done for Arcadeforge Hitbox for the madcatz TE:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mgd26gg69a3sz6/TE_Full_Hitbox_Template.zip?dl=0