Hit Box - We so S Tier1!!

1737476787998

Comments

  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    Shit, that sounds sexy...

    I need a new keyboard sometime, I'll get a mechanical one with those switches and test it out.
  • HakuHaku Joined: Posts: 32
    Be sure to research switches before choosing. There are pretty big differences between them.
  • SilentBobSilentBob Joined: Posts: 34
    Each switch has a different feel and sound. I would highly recommend you get a switch tester before buying a mechanical keyboard. They cost around $10 and have a blue, brown, red and black switch on it. Sure it's $10, but when you realize that a low to medium quality mechanical keyboard will cost you a minimum of $100, $10 isn't much to make sure you invest in a keyboard you'll enjoy using. Also they are LOUD, especially if you get a blue switch keyboard, so I wouldn't recommend getting one if you live with people who already think you type too loud on a rubber dome keyboard.
  • AstarteAstarte Are You L@dy? Joined: Posts: 42
    So, any word on the replacement top plexis? I have one that is pretty scratched to hell and would love to replace it with a clear one...

    This :<
  • RoviRovi Joined: Posts: 33
    SilentBob wrote: »

    You're the man.
    I play Yang
    XBL: Its Rovi
  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    how do you guys hold your hands over your hitbox? I was using the first one here initially, but I found out that it was what was causing me problems with bad and slow inputs, the second one is working much better for me
    WhZwG6u.png
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,508
    SilentBob wrote: »
    Each switch has a different feel and sound. I would highly recommend you get a switch tester before buying a mechanical keyboard. They cost around $10 and have a blue, brown, red and black switch on it. Sure it's $10, but when you realize that a low to medium quality mechanical keyboard will cost you a minimum of $100, $10 isn't much to make sure you invest in a keyboard you'll enjoy using. Also they are LOUD, especially if you get a blue switch keyboard, so I wouldn't recommend getting one if you live with people who already think you type too loud on a rubber dome keyboard.
    <- Uses a very loud buckling spring keyboard.

    Meh, my roommates can suck it. I also find myself wishing that Seimitsu PS-15 buttons came in 24mm as that would allow for an ultra low profile hitbox which would be awesome.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • MstMst Joined: Posts: 8
    edited July 2014
    Hey does someone have the measurements between the outer edge of the left movement button and the outer edge of the fourth right button in the first "buttonrow" (image the to vertical red lines)? Or is there a sheet with all the button measurements to each other that would be even better.

    nvm found it
    Post edited by Mst on
  • VicoDLVVicoDLV Joined: Posts: 2
    I've got MY HITBOXE !

    But it doesn't work on laptop so... I guess i spent 200$ for nothing. I use google and the forum but I can't get some help. Damn...
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    VicoDLV wrote: »
    I've got MY HITBOXE !

    But it doesn't work on laptop so... I guess i spent 200$ for nothing. I use google and the forum but I can't get some help. Damn...

    It should absolutely work on a laptop. If you're on a Mac and you have the dualmod Hit Box make sure to download the 360 controller driver and force your Hit Box into 360 mode. If you have the PS3 Hit Box look up help for the Toodles Cthulu. If neither of these helps it could be the USB port on your laptop.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • VicoDLVVicoDLV Joined: Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Thx for your answer. Well I guess I just Downloaded it. Now I will try to force the 360 mode.

    Well the computer didn't recognize the controler. I tried some button press when I'm plugging it but it's always the same. Except for the high punch who just make the usb port didnt recognize the thing at all.
  • gilleygilley 3D Aminator Joined: Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Do the gamerfinger buttons help with p-linking by any chance? Something I've found annoying with my Hitboxes is my p-link accuracy on these is about 50%. On joysticks with normal OBSF 30's, I'm really good at p-linking, hitting all my p-links 95%+ of the time, even with stuff like punch to kick or kick to punch p-links. On Hitbox, I've never really been able to hit them every time, even after using Hitbox for a long time. The buttons on the Hitbox just feel like they have tighter springs in them than the OBSF 30's.

    I'd also love it if there were silencers for 24mm buttons. I'm a big fan of silent buttons since I got the Madcatz silent stick. I guess I could get some scissors and cut up some 30mm silencers.
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. --Mark Twain
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    gilley wrote: »
    Do the gamerfinger buttons help with p-linking by any chance? Something I've found annoying with my Hitboxes is my p-link accuracy on these is about 50%. On joysticks with normal OBSF 30's, I'm really good at p-linking, hitting all my p-links 95%+ of the time, even with stuff like punch to kick or kick to punch p-links. On Hitbox, I've never really been able to hit them every time, even after using Hitbox for a long time. The buttons on the Hitbox just feel like they have tighter springs in them than the OBSF 30's.

    I'd also love it if there were silencers for 24mm buttons. I'm a big fan of silent buttons since I got the Madcatz silent stick. I guess I could get some scissors and cut up some 30mm silencers.

    Well the activation distance on HBFS reds is shorter than Sanwa as well as activation force, so if you feel like you're getting more resistance on 24 mm's they could very well help out. The casing and parts and everything in HBFS buttons are exactly the same between the 24 mm and 30 mm so there shouldn't be any discrepancies in feel.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    edited July 2014
    I tried the buttons on a friend's Korean Edition madcatz stick and the buttons felt much less shallow and squishy. I'd really like to get buttons like that. I think that if I "know" I pressed it enough from it being more shallow/easy to press, it will be more comfortable to me, especially for movement (which is already super fast on Hitbox). I'll have to do some research because after looking into the different type of switches available for Gamefinger buttons as well as many different manufacturers I see there are a lot of choices.

    EDIT:

    OK after researching I've got some more questions about gamefinger buttons:

    Do the octo-lip edges ever get in the way while sliding? I press down pretty hard when I slide

    The buttons look like they are higher-profile than the 24mm sanwas, which can also be a problem for me aesthetically and while sliding. Is this ever an issue or are the pictures I saw misleading?

    Compared to the Sanwa 24mm in the stock hitbox controller, do the gamefinger ones bottom out lower or higher? I think I tend to bottom out a lot of the time.

    I plan to test different switches, but would you ever mix and match, especially for the jump button? Keep in mind I'm not transitioning from playing on keyboard so I am not used to spacebars having more resistance. Maybe you'd mix and match attack buttons vs movement?

    How is plinking on gamefinger compared to sanwa? Some people say it's easier to plink on switches that register a press more "deep" in the button.
    Post edited by DaymanMasterOfKarate on
  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    Hitbox stopped working on PS3, PC, and 360. When I plug it into my PC the USB cable gets warm after just 2 or 3 minutes. PS3 said I had too many things plugged in and to unplug a device. It's pulling too much power or something?

    I keep having issues with my hitbox's USB cable, I already had to go out and buy a USB HUB to play on PC :/
  • EremophobiaEremophobia Joined: Posts: 3
    I just got my HitBox in the mail so obviously the first thing i want to do it play with it but when i plug it into my computer the device isnt recognized, it just shows unknown device what do i do?
  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    First try different USB plugs, including front panel and ones in the back. If it still doesn't work, try an external USB hub. The USB hub is what fixed it for me until the thing went kaput.
  • sethian0sethian0 B PoSiTiVe - B KiND Joined: Posts: 1,093
    I tried the buttons on a friend's Korean Edition madcatz stick and the buttons felt much less shallow and squishy. I'd really like to get buttons like that. I think that if I "know" I pressed it enough from it being more shallow/easy to press, it will be more comfortable to me, especially for movement (which is already super fast on Hitbox). I'll have to do some research because after looking into the different type of switches available for Gamefinger buttons as well as many different manufacturers I see there are a lot of choices.

    EDIT:

    OK after researching I've got some more questions about gamefinger buttons:

    Do the octo-lip edges ever get in the way while sliding? I press down pretty hard when I slide

    The buttons look like they are higher-profile than the 24mm sanwas, which can also be a problem for me aesthetically and while sliding. Is this ever an issue or are the pictures I saw misleading?

    Compared to the Sanwa 24mm in the stock hitbox controller, do the gamefinger ones bottom out lower or higher? I think I tend to bottom out a lot of the time.

    I plan to test different switches, but would you ever mix and match, especially for the jump button? Keep in mind I'm not transitioning from playing on keyboard so I am not used to spacebars having more resistance. Maybe you'd mix and match attack buttons vs movement?

    How is plinking on gamefinger compared to sanwa? Some people say it's easier to plink on switches that register a press more "deep" in the button.

    Gamer finger buttons have to travel more to activate. try a generic winter glove on your left hand (like the little cheap black ones you buy from the store) that helped me with sliding. sliding on sanwa would be easier
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,289
    sethian0 wrote: »
    Gamer finger buttons have to travel more to activate. try a generic winter glove on your left hand (like the little cheap black ones you buy from the store) that helped me with sliding. sliding on sanwa would be easier

    No they don't, that not how a Cherry MX switch works. A Cherry MX switch activates at the mid point, not when the switch bottoms out.
    The Game Finger activation point shorter than a Sanwa, but it allows for more travel.

    cherry_mx_red_animation.gif
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • EremophobiaEremophobia Joined: Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    Tried using a usb hub and still nothing i've tried googling it but nothing seems to work the computer only can see it as an unknown device

    edit: I updated my windows (on windows 7) to see if that would fix it but now currently when i plug it in it says "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it"
    Post edited by Eremophobia on
  • sethian0sethian0 B PoSiTiVe - B KiND Joined: Posts: 1,093
    edited July 2014
    Darksakul wrote: »
    sethian0 wrote: »
    Gamer finger buttons have to travel more to activate. try a generic winter glove on your left hand (like the little cheap black ones you buy from the store) that helped me with sliding. sliding on sanwa would be easier

    No they don't, that not how a Cherry MX switch works. A Cherry MX switch activates at the mid point, not when the switch bottoms out.
    The Game Finger activation point shorter than a Sanwa, but it allows for more travel


    Thats what I meant sorry. They may engage faster but they have to travel farther to hit that engage point since they are deeper. Pretty sure. Correct me if I am wrong
  • krisimboredkrisimbored Joined: Posts: 47
    edited July 2014
    @eremophobia If you have the ps360+ version have you tried putting it in xbox 360 mode? You can do it by holding MP (2P on the PS360 board) when you plug it in.
  • HakuHaku Joined: Posts: 32
    sethian0 wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    sethian0 wrote: »
    Gamer finger buttons have to travel more to activate. try a generic winter glove on your left hand (like the little cheap black ones you buy from the store) that helped me with sliding. sliding on sanwa would be easier

    No they don't, that not how a Cherry MX switch works. A Cherry MX switch activates at the mid point, not when the switch bottoms out.
    The Game Finger activation point shorter than a Sanwa, but it allows for more travel


    Thats what I meant sorry. They may engage faster but they have to travel farther to hit that engage point since they are deeper. Pretty sure. Correct me if I am wrong

    Gamer finger buttons are faster. They feel different though. So maybe not all traditional button shenanigans will feel the same. Cherry MX switches are no gimmick. The only downside is that most switches are louder.
  • sethian0sethian0 B PoSiTiVe - B KiND Joined: Posts: 1,093
    ive played with reds\blacks\blues\browns in keyboards and reds and blues in gamer fingers they seem deeper to me than a sanwa button. maybe im trippen tho
  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    edited August 2014
    I ordered a cherry MX red mechanical keyboard today, I might even try using that to play while my hitbox is out of commission.

    I know that you can always use O rings to make the switches not as deep. I'll have to mess with it. I do kinda like loud buttons though :D

    Also, I was talking to that ripster guy on reddit and he tested screw in 24mm sanwas and he determined they only take 25 grams of force to activate, whereas reds take 45g.
  • JozenJozen Joined: Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Just started using a ghetto hitbox that my buddy built for Blaz Blue: Chrono Phantasma. Does anyone have a tutorial video of how to do 1080s? Need to be able to do them for Iron Tager's Astral.
  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    I figured out how to do low trajectory burnkicks consistently after a few hours of experimenting. The other difficult thing I think will be finding out how to do fast consistent meterless fadcs from normals. I want to be able to jab meterless FADC ultra if I want.
  • Drake AldanDrake Aldan It's a doggy dog world. Joined: Posts: 390
    Sent an email already, but I'll ask here too.

    What diameter are the two 2mm hex screws on the back of the Hit Box? I want to replace them with something more common, like flathead screws.

    I can just see myself losing this 2mm driver I bought when I move to the Philippines, so... if I could open this sucker up with a knife or coin instead, that'd be great.
    Moving forward... 30 matches at a time.
  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    edited August 2014
    I think if you take it to a hardware store they can usually measure it for you and tell you? I haven't done it before myself though.

    Do you think PS360+ will ever get around to PS4 support? Is there a work around for that wireless polling thing?
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    I think if you take it to a hardware store they can usually measure it for you and tell you? I haven't done it before myself though.

    Do you think PS360+ will ever get around to PS4 support? Is there a work around for that wireless polling thing?

    Potentially they could have a Bluetooth add on, but it might not guarantee compatibility. Akishop seems to have ditched current geb support for the moment in favor of making their legacy support better. It's likely that the first PS4 PCB's will come from another source.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    Damn... I just got a PS4 too. I guess I'll just keep playing fighters on PC and PS3 for the next few years.
  • CaganCagan Joined: Posts: 397
    How do you kittens like the hitbox? Compared to a stick? Do you even use sticks anymore? I really do feel like you get an unfair advantage with a hitbox, lol. You can do things with it that are impossible to do on sticks. I'm really surprised there aren't more pros using them.
  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    I don't feel very advantaged with mine. If I played tekken I'd feel that way I think. I still find some things very frustrating. But it's hard to learn any new controller.

    I'm not going back because I haven't had tendinitis since I started using hitbox.
  • CaganCagan Joined: Posts: 397
    I feel like it would be good for SF4. Especially after watching all of the videos.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,289
    Cagan wrote: »
    I feel like it would be good for SF4. Especially after watching all of the videos.
    Just stop posting. You are making just making a fool of your self.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • CaganCagan Joined: Posts: 397
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Cagan wrote: »
    I feel like it would be good for SF4. Especially after watching all of the videos.
    Just stop posting. You are making just making a fool of your self.

    What the hell is your problem? Stating that I think that a hitbox would be good for SF4 doesn't make me a 'fool'. I'm getting really sick of your condescension. You act like you're the smartest person in the world when really you're just a bully and an asshole. You may know a lot about these things, but that doesn't make you infallible. You act like I'm some sort of idiot when in truth I'm likely just as, if not more, educated than you are. I may have been obsessive about things but that doesn't make me stupid. If you have a problem with someone you should PM them. Or you can use this nifty little thing called the ignore button. I'll be using it now so any response you have will fall on deaf ears (or eyes in this case).
  • DaymanMasterOfKarateDaymanMasterOfKarate Joined: Posts: 461
    edited August 2014
    I'm pretty sure he means you just make these statements about button controllers and then provide no evidence as to why you think that. Example, what even are "these videos" that seemed to convince you, we have no way of knowing.

    You can't just come to the hitbox thread and say hitboxes are unfair without an argument.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,289
    Cagan wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Cagan wrote: »
    I feel like it would be good for SF4. Especially after watching all of the videos.
    Just stop posting. You are making just making a fool of your self.

    What the hell is your problem? Stating that I think that a hitbox would be good for SF4 doesn't make me a 'fool'. I'm getting really sick of your condescension. You act like you're the smartest person in the world when really you're just a bully and an asshole. You may know a lot about these things, but that doesn't make you infallible. You act like I'm some sort of idiot when in truth I'm likely just as, if not more, educated than you are. I may have been obsessive about things but that doesn't make me stupid. If you have a problem with someone you should PM them. Or you can use this nifty little thing called the ignore button. I'll be using it now so any response you have will fall on deaf ears (or eyes in this case).
    Good, enjoy missing out on a good sized chuck of Tech Talk.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • SyncognitionSyncognition Joined: Posts: 9
    To be fair he was just asking for opinions and sharing his own. No need to be defensive when his comments were largely positive (i.e. "I'm really surprised there aren't more pros using them."). This is a discussion forum, right?

    On topic, I've been really interested in trying a Hit Box but I don't want to shell out the money without being reasonably sure I'll like it. I'm pretty happy with my stick but I'd like to experience other control options as well. Is playing on a keyboard a good way to gauge the experience? Any recommendations for keybinds to get the closest feel?
  • krisimboredkrisimbored Joined: Posts: 47
    edited August 2014
    What I tried before the HitBox was SF4 on pc with W,A,S, and space as my movement keys. For buttons I used my stick off to the side with my buttons mapped to keyboard keys so it wouldn't interfere with how sf4 works on pc (you can also use 4,5,6 and + for punches and 1,2,3, and enter for kicks). It gives a general feel of how a HitBox should be just the attack buttons are better spaced. The numpad numbers were too close so I had to map the stick like that. Fun fact if you use a xinput stick and keyboard at the same time it'll stop registering the keyboard every time you press a button.
Sign In or Register to comment.