Hit Box - We so S Tier1!!

19293949698

Comments

  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 82
    @JohnGrimm not sure if you can help with this or not. I have a PS4 HitBox on pre order for the PS4. Is there any way to purchase a blank Plexi as well to use custom Artwork? I tried emailing the site, but haven't gotten a reply back in two weeks. Or if you could point me in the right direction. Anything helps. Thanks !
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 82
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    So I was reading some Redditt threads on Hitbox and people seem to be under the impression that you need to use your left thumb to jump. Even people who actually have it are struggling with jumping because they try and do that. Am I the only one that found it more natural to use your right thumb to jump?

    It's what we teach but people don't want to listen to us even though we make the thing.

    Do you guys at Hitbox have any plans to offer a clear plexi so us official Hitbox users can install our own art? I have the art template and already have my art printed out. Just trying to find a clear plexi for the thing. Also when are Hitbox tshirts going back on sale on the site? It's so hard to get in touch with you guys or get a response. You should hire someone specifically for pubic relations/customer service. Some stay at home dad or mom or something that won't require high pay right now...

    We're currently focusing on Smash Box stuff so it might be a while before we restock and look into other things. I apologize for the inconvenience.

    I found a plexi shop near me that is able to custom make plexis to the size needed for the Hitbox. Would you guys sue me if I got some made and started selling them to Hitbox owners. I would sell them at cost/no profit. I have a good job in IT and don't want/expect to make a living selling Hitbox plexis. I just want to help out my fellow Hitbox owners. We're a brotherhood you know.

    It's cool, don't worry about it. You wouldn't be the only one selling Hit Box stuff.

    Did you ever end up getting some made ? I. Currently waiting on my hitbox order, and I want to make sure it looks as my other sticks.
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 82
    finch85 wrote: »
    I use the left thumb, for me is more natural..but I think that the jump button is positioned there in order to choose what hand you prefer! But using the hitbox that way can be a real mess for my brain...I mean...Left hand move the character, right hand hit. End! =P ..As for the hitbox layout, if you PM me your email I can send you the dwg file! Only one thing: you have to take the dimensions of your plate because mine is modeled on the Namco Arcade Stick panel. However, the holes position is the same as the original hitbox.

    Any chance I would be able to get that dwg file from you ? Looks like I will have to go the custom fab route to get a Plexi done now as well. Anything I can get to help the manufacturer out since I've never had to deal with this situation before.
    Thanks !
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    SPDs and TKs are definitely easier with the right thumb. I'm about a week new to hitbox (purchased an official one second hand and couldn't be happier) and I read through the entire thread regarding this left-right thumb conundrum. Left thumb feels more natural to me for simple things like flash kicks. Since you're already holding down or down back, just simply tapping one more finger on the left hand seems to require less brain power. I just don't know if, like others here, I want to be alternating between both during gameplay.
    And for people in this category (those who only want to use 1 thumb) the smart choice would be right thumb.

    "Foolish Worm"
  • capsnzcapsnz Joined: Posts: 11
    I'm having trouble with my hitbox the left directional button is not responding at times. Only started a week a go. It wasn't too bada at first would only happen once a day but now it's happening in every game. Any recommendations?
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    capsnz wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with my hitbox the left directional button is not responding at times. Only started a week a go. It wasn't too bada at first would only happen once a day but now it's happening in every game. Any recommendations?

    Open it up and make sure the wiring isn't loose. If it's just the left button that would be the only thing stopping it from working.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 82
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    capsnz wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with my hitbox the left directional button is not responding at times. Only started a week a go. It wasn't too bada at first would only happen once a day but now it's happening in every game. Any recommendations?

    Open it up and make sure the wiring isn't loose. If it's just the left button that would be the only thing stopping it from working.

    Do you have an actual Job with Hitbox or do you just advise? you respond to that other person but totally ignore my question. Nobody answers the hitbox emails and the customer service is horrible. Probably just smarter to cancel my pre order and get a refund. spending that kind of money and not even able to get a reply going on 4 weeks now is pretty crazy. not saying thats on you, I have no idea what your official capacity is, just see you helping some people on here and seem somewhat associated to the company. so apologies if this is directed in the wrong direction, but its pretty frustrating for MANY of us to not even be able to get an email response.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    ykd wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    capsnz wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with my hitbox the left directional button is not responding at times. Only started a week a go. It wasn't too bada at first would only happen once a day but now it's happening in every game. Any recommendations?

    Open it up and make sure the wiring isn't loose. If it's just the left button that would be the only thing stopping it from working.

    Do you have an actual Job with Hitbox or do you just advise? you respond to that other person but totally ignore my question. Nobody answers the hitbox emails and the customer service is horrible. Probably just smarter to cancel my pre order and get a refund. spending that kind of money and not even able to get a reply going on 4 weeks now is pretty crazy. not saying thats on you, I have no idea what your official capacity is, just see you helping some people on here and seem somewhat associated to the company. so apologies if this is directed in the wrong direction, but its pretty frustrating for MANY of us to not even be able to get an email response.

    We don't sell blank plexis anymore no. I don't answer the emails, just provide answers when I can. Hit Box is an incredibly small team and no one is dedicated to answering emails only so people get spread thin. I'm sorry you feel that way but unless sales exploded exponentially and we could expand the size of the company there's not much we could do about it.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 82
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    ykd wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    capsnz wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with my hitbox the left directional button is not responding at times. Only started a week a go. It wasn't too bada at first would only happen once a day but now it's happening in every game. Any recommendations?

    Open it up and make sure the wiring isn't loose. If it's just the left button that would be the only thing stopping it from working.

    Do you have an actual Job with Hitbox or do you just advise? you respond to that other person but totally ignore my question. Nobody answers the hitbox emails and the customer service is horrible. Probably just smarter to cancel my pre order and get a refund. spending that kind of money and not even able to get a reply going on 4 weeks now is pretty crazy. not saying thats on you, I have no idea what your official capacity is, just see you helping some people on here and seem somewhat associated to the company. so apologies if this is directed in the wrong direction, but its pretty frustrating for MANY of us to not even be able to get an email response.

    We don't sell blank plexis anymore no. I don't answer the emails, just provide answers when I can. Hit Box is an incredibly small team and no one is dedicated to answering emails only so people get spread thin. I'm sorry you feel that way but unless sales exploded exponentially and we could expand the size of the company there's not much we could do about it.

    That's all I needed to hear. I'm really excited to get the product believe me. And I do appreciate you here answering questions. I don't mean to come at you like an asshole either. I hear you that it's a small operation. I just think someone should be able to possibly check the emails every few days.
    Thanks for the heads up about the Plexi. Is it still possible to put art under it or is the entire Plexi painted white?

    Once again @JohnGrimm not directed at you personally I actually thank you and apologize for sounding like a dick.
    I actually do have a question you might know about as well... I'm thinking about a smash box as well. Would you happen to know a time table for the release of that ? The hitbox pre orders just say estimated time July so thinking i might try to bundle an order if possible. Thanks John!
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    ykd wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    ykd wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    capsnz wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with my hitbox the left directional button is not responding at times. Only started a week a go. It wasn't too bada at first would only happen once a day but now it's happening in every game. Any recommendations?

    Open it up and make sure the wiring isn't loose. If it's just the left button that would be the only thing stopping it from working.

    Do you have an actual Job with Hitbox or do you just advise? you respond to that other person but totally ignore my question. Nobody answers the hitbox emails and the customer service is horrible. Probably just smarter to cancel my pre order and get a refund. spending that kind of money and not even able to get a reply going on 4 weeks now is pretty crazy. not saying thats on you, I have no idea what your official capacity is, just see you helping some people on here and seem somewhat associated to the company. so apologies if this is directed in the wrong direction, but its pretty frustrating for MANY of us to not even be able to get an email response.

    We don't sell blank plexis anymore no. I don't answer the emails, just provide answers when I can. Hit Box is an incredibly small team and no one is dedicated to answering emails only so people get spread thin. I'm sorry you feel that way but unless sales exploded exponentially and we could expand the size of the company there's not much we could do about it.

    That's all I needed to hear. I'm really excited to get the product believe me. And I do appreciate you here answering questions. I don't mean to come at you like an asshole either. I hear you that it's a small operation. I just think someone should be able to possibly check the emails every few days.
    Thanks for the heads up about the Plexi. Is it still possible to put art under it or is the entire Plexi painted white?

    Once again @JohnGrimm not directed at you personally I actually thank you and apologize for sounding like a dick.
    I actually do have a question you might know about as well... I'm thinking about a smash box as well. Would you happen to know a time table for the release of that ? The hitbox pre orders just say estimated time July so thinking i might try to bundle an order if possible. Thanks John!

    We print our artwork directly onto the plexi so it's not really feasible to use it for your own artwork. I have no info about the Smash Box at all, that project is independent from me.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • BleedkeysBleedkeys Joined: Posts: 3
    @JohnGrimm I preordered a ps4 hitbox and can't wait to get my hands on it! Are things still on track to ship the orders soon? I haven't been able to get an answer on Twitter or via email.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    Bleedkeys wrote: »
    @JohnGrimm I preordered a ps4 hitbox and can't wait to get my hands on it! Are things still on track to ship the orders soon? I haven't been able to get an answer on Twitter or via email.

    The estimates are usually pretty accurate, if there's any news to the contrary we'll let you know.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • capsnzcapsnz Joined: Posts: 11
    when do stocks replenish? I'm seriously considering buying a 2nd hitbox
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    capsnz wrote: »
    when do stocks replenish? I'm seriously considering buying a 2nd hitbox

    We'll probably open up preorders next month, the website will always be up to date with that info.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 82
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    capsnz wrote: »
    when do stocks replenish? I'm seriously considering buying a 2nd hitbox

    We'll probably open up preorders next month, the website will always be up to date with that info.

    It's saying pre orders are available right now and that shipping will be July 2017. Does that mean you guys send to us in July or you get them in July ?
    Thanks.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    ykd wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    capsnz wrote: »
    when do stocks replenish? I'm seriously considering buying a 2nd hitbox

    We'll probably open up preorders next month, the website will always be up to date with that info.

    It's saying pre orders are available right now and that shipping will be July 2017. Does that mean you guys send to us in July or you get them in July ?
    Thanks.

    We will be sending them in July.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • SoNauticalSoNautical Joined: Posts: 21
    Has anyone had luck using a PS4 to Xbox One Brook Converter with a hitbox? The one I bought at Evo drops inputs regularly and I have both updated with the most recent firmware.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 584
    SoNautical wrote: »
    Has anyone had luck using a PS4 to Xbox One Brook Converter with a hitbox? The one I bought at Evo drops inputs regularly and I have both updated with the most recent firmware.

    It doesn't make sense that it would drop inputs. that sounds like user error. Do you mean it's losing connectivity?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • SoNauticalSoNautical Joined: Posts: 21
    SoNautical wrote: »
    Has anyone had luck using a PS4 to Xbox One Brook Converter with a hitbox? The one I bought at Evo drops inputs regularly and I have both updated with the most recent firmware.

    It doesn't make sense that it would drop inputs. that sounds like user error. Do you mean it's losing connectivity?

    That's entirely possible.But I hook it up and when I press anything other than up or down, there's a good chance it won't receive the input. Tested it out in training mode and everything. Tried a DS4/3 and those work just fine. Tested the Hitbox on my PS4/PC and I never lost inputs.
  • GegzGegz Joined: Posts: 15
    edited July 21
    Hey fellas,

    I need to change the USB cable on my Hitbox. It's a cable like that, right ?

    usb-cable-a-to-b-330-p.jpg


    Thanks !


  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Gegz wrote: »
    Hey fellas,I need to change the USB cable on my Hitbox. It's a cable like that, right ?

    Open your Hitbox up to verify.
  • GegzGegz Joined: Posts: 15
    gahrling wrote: »
    Gegz wrote: »
    Hey fellas,I need to change the USB cable on my Hitbox. It's a cable like that, right ?

    Open your Hitbox up to verify.

    I wish i could, but i don't have a hex wrench atm, i'll buy one with the USB cable that's why i want to be sure :x
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 82
    Gegz wrote: »
    gahrling wrote: »
    Gegz wrote: »
    Hey fellas,I need to change the USB cable on my Hitbox. It's a cable like that, right ?

    Open your Hitbox up to verify.

    I wish i could, but i don't have a hex wrench atm, i'll buy one with the USB cable that's why i want to be sure :x

    Hi man. Im nor positive but the majority of PCBs do use that usb end so and im waiting on my hitbox right now. But im almost positive you are correct
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 2,020
    edited July 23
    Working on swapping the PCB to brook UFB. Hopefully I don't somehow fuck it up, but was going to ask here if the JST converter was all I needed after the PCB itself.

    Don't care about what's worth it and what's not, I read the conversation a page or two ago, not interested. I'll get a custom hitbox down the line if I actually play these new fighters well.
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • AbevAbev Jack of no trades, master of none. Joined: Posts: 34
    Joining the Hitbox army soon, just placed a pre-order for one yesterday that's (hopefully) in this coming shipment of them. Anyone able to tell me how easy/tough it may be to swap out the current cable setup with a neutrik USB port?
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 82
    .Guy. wrote: »
    Working on swapping the PCB to brook UFB. Hopefully I don't somehow fuck it up, but was going to ask here if the JST converter was all I needed after the PCB itself.

    Don't care about what's worth it and what's not, I read the conversation a page or two ago, not interested. I'll get a custom hitbox down the line if I actually play these new fighters well.

    You don't need a converter if you plan to swap to a Brook UFB.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 584
    edited July 30
    Abev wrote: »
    Joining the Hitbox army soon, just placed a pre-order for one yesterday that's (hopefully) in this coming shipment of them. Anyone able to tell me how easy/tough it may be to swap out the current cable setup with a neutrik USB port?

    @Abev You'd have to drill a "D" Neutrik connector sized hole in the Hitbox. As far as I know the current Hitboxes are coming with the cable soldered to the PCB inside and it's a one piece cable until it connects to the console/pc. Neutriks don't hold up well and break easily. I suggest getting a Switchcraft port instead. It's just like the Neutrik but more reliable and sturdy. You can find them here: https://arcadeshock.com/collections/frontpage/products/switchcraft-ehusbbabx-usb-b-to-a-eh-panel-mount-connector-with-4-40-screws

    Good luck!
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    I would also personally recommend Jasen's pro cable kit over a Neutrik.

    http://www.jasenscustoms.com/Pro-Cable-Kit-with-Red-TechFlex-USB-Cable_p_202.html

    Same style as the TE2/Razer Panthera cables, heavy duty built to last.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • AbevAbev Jack of no trades, master of none. Joined: Posts: 34
    Thanks for the input fellas. May or may not go through with the mod, but glad it's an option there nonetheless.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 584
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    I would also personally recommend Jasen's pro cable kit over a Neutrik.

    http://www.jasenscustoms.com/Pro-Cable-Kit-with-Red-TechFlex-USB-Cable_p_202.html

    Same style as the TE2/Razer Panthera cables, heavy duty built to last.

    I was gonna recommend that too. But I think the current Hitboxes' PCB doesn't have a USB port on it do they? It's just the PS3/4 Brook Board with some other PCB attached. The one I had the USB cable was soldered to that PCB and hot glued. In order to use either I suppose you'd need to upgrade the PCB to a Brook or something that has that USB input connector to give it power.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    I would also personally recommend Jasen's pro cable kit over a Neutrik.

    http://www.jasenscustoms.com/Pro-Cable-Kit-with-Red-TechFlex-USB-Cable_p_202.html

    Same style as the TE2/Razer Panthera cables, heavy duty built to last.

    I was gonna recommend that too. But I think the current Hitboxes' PCB doesn't have a USB port on it do they? It's just the PS3/4 Brook Board with some other PCB attached. The one I had the USB cable was soldered to that PCB and hot glued. In order to use either I suppose you'd need to upgrade the PCB to a Brook or something that has that USB input connector to give it power.

    You can patch the wires together if you don't mind the extra work. Not out of the question.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • Boss_SavageBoss_Savage Joined: Posts: 47
    I'm really hoping someone has a fix for this.

    So, I've had my PS4 hitbox for months now and it's been working flawlessly. Until today. For what ever reason, after a couple minutes it'll just stop working and become completely unresponsive.

    On the PS4 itself nothing will pop up until I unplug the hitbox. After I unplug the hitbox the PS4 will say to plug in a controller. When I do plug back in the hitbox the PS4 won't pick it up.

    I've tried cleaning the USB ports on the PS4 as well as the USB itself on the hitbox and that seemed to fix the problem for a few minutes. But then suddenly it just stopped working again.

    I've even reinstalled the latest firmware and that did nothing. At first when i tried to reinstall the firmware my laptop wasn't picking up the hitbox until after I cleaned the USB itself. So I'm assuming that it's the USB on the hitbox that's the culprit. But I've looked at it and even compared it to another USB and nothing looks suspicious.

    I'd completely understand this happening if I treated my hitbox like shit. But I've been babying it since I've gotten it. So I have no clue as to what could be the possible cause. I've texted the guys at hitbox 20 minutes ago explaining my dilemma. But so far I haven't gotten a response back.

    I'm hoping it's not just faulty wiring. But even that seems unlikely because I just opened up My hitbox for the first time and nothing seems cut or loose or anything. I'm really at a loss here. Hopefully someone has a possible fix that doesn't include me shelling out another $200 for a new hitbox.
  • VyntexVyntex Joined: Posts: 6
    edited August 8
    image.jpg


    Been using my Hitbox for awhile and decided to upgrade finally. New Brook Universal Fighting board and translucent Sanwa buttons. I couldn't take the PS3 Cthulhu board anymore. Yeah I know the R,G,B,Y buttons may not appeal to some. But, I am fond of them. Started to get alittle creaking sound on the right side edges. Dab of superglue took care of it. Looking forward to many more years with it.
  • AbevAbev Jack of no trades, master of none. Joined: Posts: 34
    Got my Hitbox in today and wow, while I may not be prepared to 100% swap to it from normal arcade sticks, I definitely see the potential. This thing is nuts; I can hit ~90% of my OTGFs with ease! I don't know how we haven't seen anyone really show up big in Tekken tournaments using Hitbox yet.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 584
    @capsnz Did you ever figure out what the issue was with that left directional button? I'm having similar issues on one of my Hitboxes.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • loshgoobiloshgoobi Joined: Posts: 1
    edited August 10
    Hello everyone. I recently got my hitbox and I really like it! . . . . except the 6 button randomly disables. The interval is completely random, sometimes it doesn't receive input for a second, sometimes 3 seconds, sometimes twenty seconds. If I hold the button down eventually my character will start to move once the button enables again. Idk if this is a firmware issue or maybe something came loose in shipment? This issue makes playing any fighting game impossible. I have emailed hitbox but the response has been slow.

    The hitbox is a ps4 hitbox being used on the ps4. Any insight would be great. Thank you.


    update: hitbox contacted me. I popped it open and reconnected the loose button and everything works perfect.
    Post edited by loshgoobi on
  • Boss_SavageBoss_Savage Joined: Posts: 47
    Vyntex wrote: »
    image.jpg


    Been using my Hitbox for awhile and decided to upgrade finally. New Brook Universal Fighting board and translucent Sanwa buttons. I couldn't take the PS3 Cthulhu board anymore. Yeah I know the R,G,B,Y buttons may not appeal to some. But, I am fond of them. Started to get alittle creaking sound on the right side edges. Dab of superglue took care of it. Looking forward to many more years with it.

    How did you secure the usb cable if you don't mind me asking?
  • Boss_SavageBoss_Savage Joined: Posts: 47
    Does anyone have any experience with installing one of Jasen's Pro Cable Kits onto a regular hitbox? From the looks of it I may have to drill a small hole in order to affix it to the hitbox. Is it as simple as it sounds, or am I better off finding an easier way?
  • VyntexVyntex Joined: Posts: 6
    Vyntex wrote: »
    image.jpg


    Been using my Hitbox for awhile and decided to upgrade finally. New Brook Universal Fighting board and translucent Sanwa buttons. I couldn't take the PS3 Cthulhu board anymore. Yeah I know the R,G,B,Y buttons may not appeal to some. But, I am fond of them. Started to get alittle creaking sound on the right side edges. Dab of superglue took care of it. Looking forward to many more years with it.

    How did you secure the usb cable if you don't mind me asking?

    I just used hot glue. I just had to remove the USB cable from Cthulhu and plug it in and hot glue. Honestly it wouldn't need it because everything was snug inside.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 584
    Does anyone have any experience with installing one of Jasen's Pro Cable Kits onto a regular hitbox? From the looks of it I may have to drill a small hole in order to affix it to the hitbox. Is it as simple as it sounds, or am I better off finding an easier way?

    Yeah you'd have to drill a hole about the size of a Neutrik hole, the two screw holes, and strip the pro cable USB B end so you can connect it to the board in the PS4 Hitbox. At least, when I had a PS4 hitbox, it was connected to the board by the wires. I don't think there's a USB B port in that stick. If you put a UFB in it it would be a lot easier to do, you'd just have to worry about drilling the holes for the Pro cable port. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
Sign In or Register to comment.