• unprotectedSEXunprotectedSEX [S.H.] Joined: Posts: 3,690
    TONIGHT
    Friday- 10/ 5
    AE Evo. Ranbat 1.3 and Late Night Casuals
    Doors open: 7:30PM
    Last game: All night casuals, 3:00AM or longer
    Tourney Starts: 9:00PM

Admission:
    Tourney: $10.00, that includes your house fee and casuals.
    Just Casuals: $3.00, $2.00 if you bring a set up.

Set ups always needed and sticks.

Tourney will be on xbox
    Need one more xbox set up for tourney.

I can provide...
    1 xboxand asus that will be used for tourney

1 xbox with marvel
    and 1 ps3 with ttt2
    and 4 empty crts for casuals
    and space for your set ups

6532 Hyman Pl
    San Diego CA
    "I dunno, lots of politics. But I don't trust that UnprotectedSex guy, he's the ranbat kingpin of SD, and power corrupts absolutely. Plus he's flagrantly practicing unprotected sex! Unprotected sex should be a lapse of judgement that occurs in the heat of the moment. shouldn't be anyone's creedo,.. that's just needlessly reckless."
    Tuesday Night Casuals at T.T.F.
    When: Tuesday 10/ 9
    Last game: 12:00AM
    Admission: $3.00, $2.00 if you bring a set up

I can provide
    1 xbox w/ marvel
    1 xbox w/ ae
    1 ps3 w/ ttt2

4 open crts and space for your own setups

Soda is $1.00

6532 Hyman PL
    San Diego CA

Message me if you have any questions
    "I dunno, lots of politics. But I don't trust that UnprotectedSex guy, he's the ranbat kingpin of SD, and power corrupts absolutely. Plus he's flagrantly practicing unprotected sex! Unprotected sex should be a lapse of judgement that occurs in the heat of the moment. shouldn't be anyone's creedo,.. that's just needlessly reckless."
    Tuesday (Tomorrow)
    UMvC3 Evo. Ranbat 1.4 and Casuals
    door open at 730pm
    tourney sign ups 730pm- 900pm
    tourney starts 900pm

tourney fee $10.00 (house fee included)

house fee $3.00 (casuals only)
    $2.00 if you bring a set up
    6532 hyman pl
    san diego ca
    TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT!!!
    UMvC3 Evo. Ranbat 1.4 and Casuals

doors open 730pm
    tourney sign ups 730pm- 900pm
    tourney starts 900pm

last games at 12:00am

tourney fee $10.00 (house fee included)
    casuals only $3.00 ($2.00 if you bring set up)

Will provide:
    1 ps3 w/ marvel
    1 xbox w/ ae
    1 xbox w/ ttt2

Can provide:
    3 crts and space for other setups

set ups always needed

6532 Hyman Pl
    San Diego CA.
    Tonight at ttf
    casuals

doors open at 730pm
    last game at 1200am

addmission $3.00 (if you bring a set ups $2.00)

I will provide
    2 xbox w/ umvc3
    1 xbox w/ ae
    1 ps3 w/ ttt2

can provide 3 crts for set ups and room for other set ups

hope to see you all tomorrow
    if you have any questions post in here

6532 hyman pl
    san diego ca

set ups and sticks always needed
  • rjtrjt San Diego FGC! Joined: Posts: 169
    bump
    Check out San Diego's non-profit, gamer-run arcade!

Photo courtesy of Cicada (@bgateb)
    What:
    Last minute UMvC3 2v2 team tourney with a side AE & TTT2 tourney.
    Also late night casuals!!!
    When:
    October 27th 2012
    (This Firday)
    Doors open @ 7:30PM
    Tourney sign ups @ 7:30PM-9:30PM
    Tourney starts @ 9:30PM
    Where:
    T.T.F.
    6532 Hyman Pl.
    San Diego, CA.
    Breakdown:
    House fee:
    $3.00 ($2.00 if you bring a set up)
    Tourney Fees:
    Marvel Teams- $5.00 per player, $10.00 a team
    AE singles- $2.00
    TTT2 singles- $2.00
    Prize Payout:
    Marvel Teams-
    1st- 70%, 2nd- 30%, 3rd- entry fee back
    AE Singles-
    TTT2 singles-
    (If we get enough to do 70%, %20, and 10% prize I will)

http://ttfcasuals.com/2012/10/25/t-t-f-last-minute-umvc3-2v2-teams-w-side-ae-ttt2-tourney-and-late-night-casuals-san-diego-ca-1026/
    Tonight TUESDAY NIGHT!!!
    T.T.F. UMvC3 Evo. Ranbat Season Finale 1.5 and CASUALS
    Doors open at 7:30pm
    Tourney sign ups at 7:30pm- 9:30pm
    Tourney starts at 9:30pm
    Last games at 12:00am, if tourney is still going on after 12:00am feel free to play.

House Fee ( casuals):
    $3.00 ($2.00 if you bring a setup)
    Tourney Fee:
    $10.00 (includes house fee)

What I will provide:
    1 xbox w/ umvc
    1 xbox w/ umvc
    1 xbox w/ ae
    1 ps3 w/ ttt2
    and asus

What I can provide:
    3 crts and room for set ups

Sticks and Set ups always needed

6532 Hyman Pl
    San Diego, CA.

Any questions please post here
    for all my srk lurkers
    tonight

evo ranbat 1.5 for ae and LATE NIGHT CASUALS
    Last game: All night casuals, 3:00AM or longer
    Tourney Starts: 9:00PM

Admission:
    Tourney: $10.00, that includes your house fee and casuals.
    Just Casuals: $3.00, $2.00 if you bring a set up.

Set ups always needed and sticks.

Tourney will be on xbox
    Need one more xbox set up for tourney.

I can provide...
    1 xboxand asus that will be used for tourney
    1 xbox with marvel
    1 xbox with marvel
    and 1 ps3 with ttt2
    and 4 empty crts for casuals
    and space for your set ups

6532 Hyman Pl
    San Diego CA
  • PolydactylPolydactyl AKA Paulz1208 Joined: Posts: 39
    So I'm considering hosting some small casuals sessions at my apartment weekly until SCR and I want to gauge interest before I make a decision and announce it officially in a post. It would likely be on Sundays from around 4 till like midnight at the latest. My place is in north park so I'm pretty central. Id have at least one set up for both games but room for more if people want to bring set ups. I'm going to do it unless I think people will actually come. Questions, comments, concerns?
  • PolydactylPolydactyl AKA Paulz1208 Joined: Posts: 39
    Sunday SCR Sessions

Hey everyone, SCR is just around the corner and I’ve decided to do my part for the community and start hosting casuals to help SD level up.

I’ve wanted to host for a long time and after watching dudes like Cody (UnprotectedSex) host week after week for YEARS, I’ve decided no more excuses; it’s get involved. The plan for now is to host weekly until SCR and depending on how things go I may continue beyond.

House Fee: FREE

When: Sunday Nights

Doors Open @ 6pm
    Last Game @ 11pm

Where: Please PM, FB Message, or email me for my address (pjzaino@gmail.com)

There will only be casuals, I don’t have a big enough place to host a reasonable tournament. I will always have 1 Marvel set up and 1 AE set up. But I have one more CRT that could use a set up and I welcome anyone that wants to bring additional set ups to play whatever they want.

We’re gonna need set ups if a significant amount of people show up. If you can bring a set up please let me know.

House Rules:
    1. Smoking on the patio is OK, but please be respectful;x ash in the trey and dispose butts.
    2. Don’t trash my place, and if you act like a D-Bag I have no problem asking you to leave and never come back.
    3. Shoes off when you walk in please. I keep a clean floor, lets keep it that way.
    4. Its my place I reserve the right to add more rules… lol

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Hope you can make it out!!!
  • dialupslimdialupslim Joined: Posts: 433
    Hi, I'll be visiting SD from New Orleans from the 11th- 19th... Hopefully we can get some sf4ae games in!
    TONIGHT @ T.T.F.
    Late Night Casuals

Doors open: 7:30 PM
    Doors close: 3:00 AM or later

Address:
    6532 Hyman Pl
    San Diego CA

Admission Fee: $3.00, $2.00 if you bring a set up.

What I will provide:
    1 xbox w/ UMvC3
    1 xbox w/ UMvC3
    1 xbox w/ AE
    1 ps3 w/ TTT2

What I can provide:
    space for set ups and extra crts

I do sell soda's for $1.00, feel free to bring your own drinks. Just make sure you throw away trash in trash cans and recyclables in the recyclable areas ( if you dont know where it is please ask me.)

If we get enough people and set ups we can have an ae or umvc3 tourney.

If you are a Tekken player tonights the night to come out. SoCals very own Kane, the undefeated WNF TTT2 champ will be making an appearance with SuperFX and SPMan i believe. I really hope people come out and take advantage of this.

*HOUSE RULES*
    1. THERE IS NO SMOKING AT T.T.F.
    2. All trash must be thrown away.
    3. All recyclables put in designated area.
    4. All must pay the house fee of $3.00 if you plan on playing.
    5. Don’t be a dick and give up your turn if you lose. I fucking hate when people do that.

Any questions pleas post here.

-Cody "unprotectedSEX" Denton
    Hi, I'll be visiting SD from New Orleans from the 11th- 19th... Hopefully we can get some sf4ae games in!
    mondays we play at the saltmines
    tuesdays and fridays we play at my house
    and on sundays we play at polydactyls

were all pretty chill and open house to everyone

all the info is on the first page of this srk thread

hope you enjoy your stay in sd
    I gotta ask my gf when is my free night lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the games last night!

Thanks for the games last night!

nice meeting you man
    welcomed to ttf anytime
    What's good with that arcade trip to la? I got gas money

Aww man :-(

heres to surviving the end of the world... maybe
    lets make tonight a great success like the old days of ttf, when ken i and other la heads were regulars.
    It's cold out side the most of the set ups will be inside.
    Lets get like 10 set ups going or so
    4 in the living room and 4 in the kitchen
    and we can put some in my room/living room.
    have a tourney for ae, marvel, 3s, tekken, or whatever people want to play

details
    ttf end of the world late night casuals & whatever tourneys
    doors open at 7pm
    doors close whenever
    house fee: $3.00, $2.00 if you bring a setup

Main: AE tourney $5
    Side ( After main tourney): UMvC3 tourney $3

We all know the rules
    no shoes in the house
    no one goes thru the front door
    smoking only outside in the front
    no smoking in the backyard, if butts found on the floor in front no smoking in the front next session.

Address
    6532 Hyman Pl
    San Diego

any questions post here please
    im still alive
    ofc, saltmines, and ttf are still in full effect

trying to update all the time with all events from all 3 venues
    schedule is on the side bar on were to play also in sd
    /dead thread
    im about to erase the SD Fight Scene page on facebook
    and force everyone on srk...
    j/k
  • jd_11jd_11 ダサい Joined: Posts: 63
    Tilt arcade in the Horton Plaza Mall in downtown is closing their doors and having an auction on Jan 27 around 3pm. They have some old school like MvC2, CvS2, Tekken 5, and some more fighting games. Here's a link to the auction site: http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/1683374.html

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone interested in some old school games. I used to go there on my lunch break so it sucks that it's closing.
  • rjtrjt San Diego FGC! Joined: Posts: 169
    Tilt arcade in the Horton Plaza Mall in downtown is closing their doors and having an auction on Jan 27 around 3pm. They have some old school like MvC2, CvS2, Tekken 5, and some more fighting games. Here's a link to the auction site: http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/1683374.html

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone interested in some old school games. I used to go there on my lunch break so it sucks that it's closing.
    fk i saw this too late. DAMMIT
    Check out San Diego's non-profit, gamer-run arcade!

Photo courtesy of Cicada (@bgateb)
  • typetenchitypetenchi Julia Ling FTW! Joined: Posts: 306
    edited February 2013
    Wholly crapola I come back from a 10 month deployment and SRK is wayyyyy different and the FGC is everywhere! Man, I'm soooo behind. :(

Cody, I put in a request to be part of the SD Fight Scene group on Facebook if you could add me up please.
    Question: How do you kill that which has no life?
    Answer: Cancel their World of Warcraft account.
    Back in San Diego now but nobody plays 3rd Strike anymore. :(
  • CLGHotdogsGGCLGHotdogsGG Joined: Posts: 1
    I go to school at Grossmont. Does anyone there play during the day in between classes? I know they do it at SWC but I was wondering if people had any setups in the cafeteria or the student center.
    Wholly crapola I come back from a 10 month deployment and SRK is wayyyyy different and the FGC is everywhere! Man, I'm soooo behind. :(

Cody, I put in a request to be part of the SD Fight Scene group on Facebook if you could add me up please.

Sup Tenchi,

Welcome back and I accepted your request. Yeah I miss the old dark blue SRK days when it was easier on the eyes T-T

I go to school at Grossmont. Does anyone there play during the day in between classes? I know they do it at SWC but I was wondering if people had any setups in the cafeteria or the student center.

I have no idea.
    for all my srk lurkers AE tourney and casuals tonight at the Salt Mines tonight.
    also OFC is throwing there bi weekly tourney at Salt Mines on Saturdays.

On Friday I will be hosting casuals at T.T.F. (my house.)
    If interested in any of these events post your questions here or on the sd fight scene facebook page
    For all my srk lurkers...

What:
    TONIGHT!!!
    Late Night Casuals @ T.T.F.
    Get your grind on to practice the night away before the OFC tourney @ the Salt Mines tomorrow.

House Fee:
    $3.00 (if you bring a set up $2.00)

Where:
    T.T.F. (my house)
    6532 Hyman Pl.
    San Diego CA.

When:
    Tonight 3.15.14
    Doors open @ 7:30PM
    Doors close @ 3:00AM or later

What I will provide:
    1 asus w/ps3 + ttt2
    1 asus w/ ps3 + ae
    1 crt w/ 360 + marvel

What I can provide:
    a couple of crt's and space for your set ups.

Any questions post here or on the SD Fight Scene facebook page

- Cody "unprotectedSEX" Denton

• SuidAfrikaMitsuSuidAfrikaMitsu Joined: Posts: 10
    Anybody wanna buy a brand new Hitbox arcade stick from me? I have one and never use it. So I'm selling for $125.00. I got it brand new for $159 + $20 for shipping, paid $179 for it. So It's $50 reduced. call me or text if you're interested, and we can meet up some place and trade. 951-710-7141
  • pdx_jivepdx_jive Joined: Posts: 536
    Heya, I used to live in SD some time ago, am coming back for a visit and to scout out grad schools. A couple of things, how's the FGC scene down there at present, and how's rent in general these days? It's been 15 years since I lived there, so I am trying to gauge what renting a room or two bedroom apartment would be in the inner San Diego area. Can you rent a room for $400-$500, or two bedroom for around $1000 or so? Thanks, coming from the Portland area btw. Dirt cheap up here but rains all the time ; )
    pronounce the Jive like you'd do Jose...so PDX Yive
  • TymDaFlareTymDaFlare Joined: Posts: 2
    Just wondering is there anyone willing to play KOF:XIII...
  • Troyboy's Back!Troyboy's Back! One Man Wolf Pack! Joined: Posts: 1,084
    Just got to Coronado lookin for 3s or Marvel players....where is all the get togethers at? Anyone willing to pick me up I got gas money. Ill be here for 2 weeks.
    Most Known Unknown...
  • Dios <-X->Dios <-X-> Game Over Joined: Posts: 6,731 mod
    Anyone in the San Diego area looking for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii U? I have a brand new copy. $55 get at me.
    [Originally posted by OrangeCat
    I have a sort of dilmma at this point of time.
    Right now, one of my best friends is fat. Not cute fat but he borders on being pig fat. He doesn't waddle, but he has the formings of fat tits forming.

Originally posted by MrWizard
    The site was down due to the forum being too big.

Ken Is So Top Tier. Just imagine Ken, with the Ben Stein Assist!!!
    Here is what would happen to any contestant that challenges. Low Short, Low Short, Call Ben Stein, Launch into Air Combo, End it with the special move, Trivial PUNCH, (roundhouse version) Super cancel into (FINAL JEOPARDYYYY!!!!!!) Thats already like 70% not to mention you can DHC into Alex Treebek's DAILY DOUBLE DEVASTATION Super. The Insanity!!!
    hey guys this Friday is the ttf fundraiser tourney. the last event went really well and hope this one does to.
    check out the SD Fight Scene page on facebook for the link to the event page.

break down is
    $10.00 a game
    theres marvela and ae
    im throwing some cash in the pot and 1st gets a fight stick for both games.
    the money is going to systems/ asus/ or whatever ttf needs (games and what not.)

hope to see you all Friday.
  • IronIllanIronIllan Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey do you know any MvC2 players in the san diego area? I've moved from LA to san diego and wanted to find some players.

-Illan
    hella late response.
    we do have marvel 2 players but not many.
    when we have casuals at my house or anywhere elses sometimes people will play.
    im sure if dios, kankuro (don), crisco, and even tong and tommy might play if its there. usually dios and kanuro are down to play mvc2 if its there, but kankuro is in or will be in the pi soon.
    damn its been a month since i posted in here
    srk is like dead...
    but there is ttf tonight if anyone is interested
    i know srk is still dead...
    but if for some reason people dont have facebook and still look here on srk were still here and playing
    marvel mondays at saltmines, arcade wednesdays at saltmines, ae thursdays at saltmines, ttf fridays at ttf, dustloop friday at saltmines, and every other saturday ofc at saltmines
    ttf tonighit at my pad in sesd
    and if your more north in the convoy area saltmines is having dustloop fridays

• GrizzlySenpaiGrizzlySenpai Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey, guys. This thread seems as dead as it gets, but I figured I'd post anyway for anyone who may still lurk.

Some friends and I have gotten together over the past few months to hold and stream friendly AE tourneys, and I hope you guys are willing to check out some of our content. Our tourneys are small and somewhat limited as far as attendance due to our lack of a dedicated venue (all of our events are pretty much played by ear and held at people's houses), but we've got a good mix of skilled players and new challengers. If you'd like to check us out, here are our links:

facebook.com/shotodojo
    twitch.tv/shotodojo
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1uRScdl5xPlUczDpYXxq_g

A couple of our guys also have personal streams with somewhat regular AE and DotA:

twitch.tv/grizzlyvidya
    twitch.tv/fino619
  • GrabMasterFlexGrabMasterFlex Joined: Posts: 111
    Yo Sup Grizz, I think I played you once at Saltmines before, but you guys should come up to some events in SD, idk how far you guys live but it would really help up your game. Most of our players are friendly and knowledgeable. Street Fighter moved to mondays at Saltmines and every friday is casuals/tournament at Cody's with OFC going on every other saturday.
  • RoDcHaNRoDcHaN Hanging onto SF with a string... Joined: Posts: 701
    Hey fellas! Sorry to troll the thread, but I am trying to raise my Xbox One fund. I feel that selling my Xbox 360 setup to the FGC would be the best way since Gamestop will totally r**e me in price. So I want to sell my Xbox 360 with the following:

Xbox 360 slim with 160GB hard drive installed
    HDMI cable
    2 wireless xbox controllers
    Kinect

Games:

AE 2012
    UMVC3
    KOF XIII
    DJ Hero 1 and 2 with controller
    Child of Eden
    Kinect Adventures

More if purchased. Figure this can be used for another setup

If interested, hit me up! 6192461198 I live in escondido

Selling EVERYTHING for $120

Thanks
    XBL: RoDcHaN
    3DS: 4768-7615-2614
    PSN: rodchan
    Rodel if for some reason you still have the xbox end of DEC- beginning of JAN I will take it off your hands for ttf.
    Grizzly, I'm sure this is Mike? But SD AE scene is really laid back and down to play. If your talking about the Shoto Dojo I've always wanted to check you guys out and play. If you have info about your events and stuff post up in the SD Fight Scene on facebook also invite your friends to the page since im the mod on it. I wish srk was still alive but facebook is obviously dominated it and its easier to contact people. i know that post was like a month ago but srk is one of the only sites i get on the work computer.
    also every thing wil (grab master flex) said is true

cody unprotectedSED denton
  • NoAffinityNoAffinity Saikyooooooo!!!! Joined: Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rodchan, what's up? Long time, hope you are well.

Sorry to jack the thread back, but wanted to give all SD players a heads up. Nickel City in Carmel Mtn. Ranch finally fixed their Third Strike cabinet, replacing the joysticks. I tested it last week, after the 1P stick was replaced, and it works well (which is to say, it works as it should). The 2P stick was still in trouble, but per the owner, that was also replaced a couple days ago.

Not sure if anyone cares, but glad to see a venue that is willing to listen to customer feedback and maintain its SF cabinets. I don't really play 3S, but I will go there and play, and support them just for the fact that they are willing to support the fighting community.

BTW, the MVC2 cabinet right next to the 3S cabinet is also in great working condition.
  • resqresq -.- Joined: Posts: 877
    So I take it the forums are dead...
    =/.
  • Vect0rVect0r Joined: Posts: 1
    Assuming these forums aren't dead...
    Hey SD guys. I live in Poway and was wondering if anyone plays anything around me. I really only grind out Skullgirls, but I'm no stranger to UMvC3, SF4 and KoFXIII. I play on PS3, pad player, so let me know if anyone around me plays anything or heads out to any tournaments/casuals. Shit's rough since I'm without a car :x
  • aguynamedmarcoaguynamedmarco Joined: Posts: 2
    oh hai
  • -BF--BF- Joined: Posts: 184
    Super shot in the dark, but I'll be at Nickel City today. I'm not even sure what their fighting game selection is since they moved, but I'm solid competition at mvc2/3s/SF4. Someone come give me some practice.
    <RisuRisu> those girls are pretty and yet the sluttiness makes it feel so wrong
    <RisuRisu> its like display food - it looks good, but you know its so used and dried up
  • phantabitphantabit Joined: Posts: 7
    Hey guys. I started a home business down in Chula Vista/Southern San Diego. It's essentially mobile streaming and capturing high quality video (along the lines of Team Spooky). Starting out, I'm willing to stream and record for free (well maybe not a full fledged high occupancy tournament, just yet). Basically, I have all the hardware (computer, capture card (internal), headsets with mics, webcams, etc.) and it's portable. I can take my operations anywhere as long as it's within a reasonable distance in San Diego and I really only take up about 4x4 feet area once it's all setup.

So for those of you who don't have the hardware to stream and/or capture high quality video, I'm willing to offer my services for free, initially. Reason is, I don't have a presence in the scene yet and I need to build rapport. I'm also still killing two birds with one stone, promoting not just myself but whatever channel, event, tournament you yourself want to grow.

The stuff I can output so far is 720p60 or 1080p30 for streaming, 1080p60 for youtube, and my system can accept, HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component, composite, svideo, JP21 (japanese scart), and EuroScart up to 1080p60.

The only thing people need to provide is a 4x4 area to work in, a working internet connection, and a positive outlook. I can work with a person to workout overlays and what not ahead of time.

So if anyone is interested, especially any aspiring tournament/event/charity organizers or even individuals wishing to grow their channel or scene through let's plays, pc gaming, or even speedrunning; I'll be more than happy to work out something with them.

Thanks for listening,
    Brent

email: brent@phantabit.com
    twitter: https://www.twitter.com/phantabit
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/phantabit
    youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_kRxyMJZO4BH0_BrEZj7w
    twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/phantabit