What does Ken say?

klearshadowklearshadow Joined: Posts: 32
Right before his match he throws up the peace sign and than the thumbs down. What does he say in Japanese during the action?

Comments

• IndyIndy AKA Gucci Suit Joined: Posts: 1,021
    Bring it on.
    Play 3s.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,688
    He says different things. One is essentially bring it on or come at me, etc. He also says what sounds like koitsu no tanoshii sou da. Which seems like, "This guy'll be fun (to fight), won't he" or something to that effect. Someone with better japanese can give a better answer.
    Play more.
  • Joe The CondorJoe The Condor ?................... Joined: Posts: 1,012
    We should have a list of every character's speech in-game.
    Street Fighter Target Audience: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6268/sftargetaudience.jpg
    "I never consider myself weak. If I do, that would be a discourtesy to all the players I've beaten." - KSK
    He says different things. One is essentially bring it on or come at me, etc. He also says what sounds like koitsu no tanoshii sou da. Which seems like, "This guy'll be fun (to fight), won't he" or something to that effect. Someone with better japanese can give a better answer.

???????????Thats what it sounds like to me atleast and it essentially is the same as your translation.
    Play 3s.
    ???????????Thats what it sounds like to me atleast and it essentially is the same as your translation.

yeah defnitely. i heard another sound but I couldn't tell and was too lazy to load up the rom to see. sounds right though.
    Play more.
  • NyoronoruNyoronoru Vocaloid DLC Joined: Posts: 1,647
    What does Chun-Li say after she wins and crosses her arms? My Japanese isn't bad, but it's kind of hard to hear her. Something about a loss.
    Life is too short to waste not trying your best!
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,583
    What does 'Yattome' mean?Sean says it when he wins.

Also when Akuma taunts he goes 'SHOOSH'.Guy in SSFIV says the same thing after bushin chain,but in English he says 'foolishness'.I guess shoosh=foolishness then?
    Slow and steady wins the race
    Sean says 'yattaze' afaik. Yatta is like 'yes! i, you, we, did it! hooray!' the ze is a masculine thing. Makes it sound more definitively male and kind of 'cool' in a comic book sort of way. Compare it to how chun li says just 'yatta' .

I think it's shoushu. I'm not sure. Assuming the kanji is ??? then it'd be like little/small opinion/ego/perspective. So foolishness would make sense.

That's how I hear/understand both.
    Play more.
  • circle mashercircle masher Joined: Posts: 396
    I don't know if anybody else had trouble making out the Hugo opening phrase that sounds like "ezz-EEE-gay", but after listening to the speech sample slowed-down in isolation and running it past my brother's German friend, we think it's supposed to be "besiege", which would make some sense.
    I have the voice collection if you guys would rather have that. Its certainly alot easier to actually hear what they're saying with that. I don't know if I can post a link so we can take this to pm if you want.

As for Chun Li, I had to look it up because some of it wasn't sounding familiar but some of her lines are in Chinese which makes sense why I couldn't understand them lol.
    Play 3s.
  • FiForceFiForce Be afraid. Joined: Posts: 82
    What does Oro say:

1.) Before the match starts, sounds like "Eacha moonja"
    2.) When he wins the match and scratches his ass, after the grunt.
    3.) When he wins the match, flies around the world then comes back and sees his victim still napping.
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "the guy playing you should've picked me instead"

but seriously, gamefaqs has translation faqs for the game somewhere. probably in the arcade or dc section. you could check those out if you're interested. might just be romanization, but that's still a fun read too.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • FiForceFiForce Be afraid. Joined: Posts: 82
    "the guy playing you should've picked me instead"

but seriously, gamefaqs has translation faqs for the game somewhere. probably in the arcade or dc section. you could check those out if you're interested. might just be romanization, but that's still a fun read too.

GameFAQs: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Fight for the Future (ARC) Speech Translation FAQ by The True Warrior

For Oro:

Oro, The age-strengthened deathless Senjutsu master

1. (Intro1) Icho munjaro = I'm going to smack you!
    2. (Intro 2) Yoku kitano... = Welcome... (This is a strange way of
    saying it.)
    3. (Intro 3) Himatsu bushi niwa naru kano! = At least I can use this
    time better than sleeping!
    4. (Taunt 1) Haraga tsui tano = I think I'm hungry!
    5. (Taunt 2) Nanka no! = Something's not right!
    6. (Winpose) Yowai no! = You're too weak!
  • klearshadowklearshadow Joined: Posts: 32
    Greatly appreciated
    gents!
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,339
    Right before his match he throws up the peace sign and than the thumbs down. What does he say in Japanese during the action?

"I'm gonna beat you senseless then fuck you silly!"

True story.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,346
    That faq is missing alot.

Is it possible to control your win pose?
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
  • circle mashercircle masher Joined: Posts: 396
    I always presumed it was random, but maybe that's just my lack of noticing. I'll have a check if nobody's answered by the time I fix my laptop.
  • Azure DragonAzure Dragon Shen Joined: Posts: 76
    I have the voice collection if you guys would rather have that. Its certainly alot easier to actually hear what they're saying with that. I don't know if I can post a link so we can take this to pm if you want.

As for Chun Li, I had to look it up because some of it wasn't sounding familiar but some of her lines are in Chinese which makes sense why I couldn't understand them lol.

From the FAQ posted:
    Chuni hao yen! - Wish you good luck!
    Shei shei! - Thank you.

The romanization of these Chinese are wrong but close enough. I know Shei shei is suppose to be Xie Xie.
  • ieatkittensieatkittens sweet & sour kittens Joined: Posts: 59
    Ken: I'll shove deez fingaz in your cunthole
    Everyone knows real men fist fuck other guys assholes - Womble
  • jwanggggjwangggg Delusional Joined: Posts: 980
    1. (Intro1) Icho munjaro = I'm going to smack you!

Now my favorite 3s quote. It's better than Alex's "Weak!"
    I go in circles.
  • Barsx101Barsx101 Shredded Joined: Posts: 193
    Nice link... Remy + Oro = best quotes
  • theprodigytheprodigy XBOX Gamertag: KennyPowers007 Joined: Posts: 63
    Nice link... Remy + Oro = best quotes

Agreed!
    KI: Orchid - Chief Thunder - Kim Wu
    3S: Akuma - Oro - Yun
    UMvC3: Random/Random/Random
  • cmd_dashcmd_dash Joined: Posts: 4
    That faq is missing alot.

Is it possible to control your win pose?

I'm always wondering about how to get Q's "stepping on other's head" win pose too. :-D
  • onReloadonReload what's a combo Joined: Posts: 160
    I think Hugo says "besige" which is German for "defeat."

Nobody has found anything on controlling winposes, though some people think Perfects may affect your chances (like Chun's classic "Yatta!")...Some are obviously special (Oro's EX SAIII winpose needs you to K.O. opponent with said super (example), Dudley's heli-butler can't make it indoors, and some are just final-round only.

One interesting thing of note on Q's headstomp: If he makes a sound when first inspecting the body, he'll walk away. If he doesn't make a sound when looking down, then he'll squish 'em. I don't think I've ever seen him squash someone whose been facing the wrong way, so that's also a factor at controlling it.
  • ZelphirZelphir Joined: Posts: 1
    onReload wrote: »
    I think Hugo says "besige" which is German for "defeat."

Almost correct. He says "Besiegen!" and you are correct with the translation.
    When he gets his Super Art 1 he says: "Eins, zwei, drei!" which means "One, two, three!"

As for that FAQ at: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/920669-street-fighter-anniversary-collection/faqs/11166
    There are many mistakes in there.

Didn't read it completely, but I know some of them in the Chun Li section:
    Chuni hao yen!
    Not bad for someone who doesn't know chinese, but the correct version is: "Zhu4ni3hao3yun4!" or "祝你好运!" (numbers are for the tones) and it means: "I wish you good luck!"
    Shei shei! = Thank you
    Again it's close to the actual writing, but not correct. The correct version is: Xièxie or "谢谢" which indeed means "Thank you".

Don't know about the japanese stuff in there since I don't know japanese language.
  • Fran3SFran3S Joined: Posts: 790
    edited July 2013
    hm...

HM...

Hm...

hM...

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/627857780
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FranThirdStrike

~ look at all those people walking by , not realizing how close they are to greatness ~
    ~ poor yun , jungle urien ~
    ~ they have zero points in riki's mind ~
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    Can anyone tell me what the oro quote that ends with something like "tou ka ima". I cant get the word cocaina out of my ears whenever i hear him say it and i dont want to relate stupid shit like that to such a wonderful game. It only sounds that way on OE/GGPO.
    8tROOXi.png
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,884 mod
    Oro does have a big nose...
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Is he Jewish?
    STOMP!
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    I always wanted to know what Dudley's body blow sound was from.
  • araider08araider08 Use your head! Or I will... I need a new bowling ball. Joined: Posts: 1,035
    Dander wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the oro quote that ends with something like "tou ka ima". I cant get the word cocaina out of my ears whenever i hear him say it and i dont want to relate stupid shit like that to such a wonderful game. It only sounds that way on OE/GGPO.
    Well... The dominant Brazilian language is Portuguese but there's plenty of Spanish speakers in Brazil. He could just be hungry after the match.
    Japanese is starting to sound like gibberish to me again T_T. I need to brush up on it.
    MakSwag
  • Fran3SFran3S Joined: Posts: 790
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FranThirdStrike

~ look at all those people walking by , not realizing how close they are to greatness ~
    ~ poor yun , jungle urien ~
    ~ they have zero points in riki's mind ~
    oh cool. didn't look around enough there to find those. nifty.
    i didn't know gill was alex's rival though i guess that makes sense since alex is the protagonist sort of.

oh wow did they always have all the hitbox stuff up there too?
    Play more.
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    I used that site for framedata for years until I lost it at some point and then just kept using ESN's site, pretty sure they didn't have hitbox information there that time. Wow the 3rd strike hitboxes look funky the way they keep moving according to the characters' animations, weird.

Also the character select icons used to be like these little Mega Man type sprites for each characters before.
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
    they still do. next to their names up top.
    Play more.
    scooby?
    8tROOXi.png
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Oh yeah? Well, Scooby Doo can doo doo but Jimmy Carter is smarter.
    tumbleweed-on-the-bonneville-salt-john-burcham.jpg
    STOMP!
    Jimmy Carter was a king, not a president!
    8tROOXi.png
  • FalconePAWWNCH_806FalconePAWWNCH_806 Joined: Posts: 1
    I think the triggers for win taunt depends on the winner's remaining health.