Yang Q&A: Ask simple questions here!

SosageSosage Mopping Up Your SaltJoined: Posts: 1,807 mod
Aite Yang fans. Let's get this board rolling.
It Was Tuesday -- 925 SFV Weekly ... http://www.itwastuesday.com
SRK Mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
RIP KS2

Comments

• DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,181
    So... Anyone know how damage scaling and damage distribution works during his super? (lol)
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
  • The MoonThe Moon Joined: Posts: 32
    Wait for the videos to roll in I suppose or wait for someone to get some gameplay in
  • willgwillg Joined: Posts: 166
    his ultras look like ass but still looks like a fun character
  • The MoonThe Moon Joined: Posts: 32
    According to Mago and Tokido, he can HP Slash x2 FADC U1 and close MK -> U1 so U1 isn't bad at all
  • TrueGunnerShadowTrueGunnerShadow Shadow The Hedgehog Fan! Joined: Posts: 129
    Can't wait to play as Yang. Anyone knows when they going to have videos of Yang's Fights.
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TruGunnerShadow
    Youtube:
    PSN: TrueGunnerShadow
    XBL: xTsukaharaKaoru (Only for P4U2)
  • AlboShinobiAlboShinobi Joined: Posts: 631
    Can't wait to play as Yang. Anyone knows when they going to have videos of Yang's Fights.

tomorrow at the latest
    "Your strength is equal to that of your will to win! "

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlboRacerZ
  • KingHippo42KingHippo42 Da King Joined: Posts: 1,231
    I'm interested to see the combo possibilities after his slashes. +10 on hit is bannanas.
    Injustice: Deathstroke
  • Jcool813Jcool813 twitch.tv/freej4y Joined: Posts: 3,180
    According to Mago and Tokido, he can HP Slash x2 FADC U1 and close MK -> U1 so U1 isn't bad at all

that's nice. its always good to have comeback potential.
    Jcool: the most jaded DJ on SRK.
  • CarbocationCarbocation Stack dat cheese Joined: Posts: 694
    he looks SO SICK.
    edit: how long does frame data take to be released? how is it acquired?
    It's pronounced Car-Bo-Cat-Eye-On

Winners don't use drugs.
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    +10 on slashes is fadc right? Cause otherwise that would be stupid lol
    Yeah, I figured that's what Mago meant by that. He also said it was +6 on block. Damn lol.
  • zlatkozlatko Joined: Posts: 179
    Anyone have a clue how heavy he is on combo execution? I have some difficulties with characters like Cammy or Viper to do links or execute the inputs for things like Viper can do, but was wondering where Yang might settle on the spectrum. I'd say Abel is one of the easiest in the cast for combos, and the hardest is Viper. Someone once said Yang is like Fei Long in a lot of ways.
  • PegasoPegaso Joined: Posts: 80
    Yang isnt a combocrazy character, hes more about the setups. execution wise hes pretty much like fei long with the rekkas and command grab. hes also got divekicks like rufus except yang can lk and hk divekick as well and hes also got command dash like ibuki, and a few target combos.
    ssf4: C. Viper, Dudley
    mvc3: MSS, Dormammu/Amaterasu/Phoenix
  • ThirtyfourThirtyfour Wait Joined: Posts: 3,805
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjvsCnWO9Qw
    SSF4: AE v.2012 Dudley Video Tutorial
    Yang's main combo seems it will still be his s.jab into c.mk to slashes. I'm sure in this game it is nothing harder than a 2 frame link.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,009
    I'm very certain it was stated that s.LP has absurd hit stun. I wouldn't be surprised if it's even more lenient than a 2-frame link.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    Oh, even better ^.^

Yep, you're right, double checking that article. Mago says Yang's standing light attacks are ridiculously good.
  • XxDiana_PrinceXxXxDiana_PrinceXx Joined: Posts: 802
    Yang, looks really cool, i will give him a shot. just because. and one of his ultras got the sickest animation ever.

Di,
  • Tatsumaki_12Tatsumaki_12 Joined: Posts: 312
    ^ your confusing yang with yun sir
    ^ your confusing yang with yun sir

Yang's U1 > every other ultra imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Yang do trade>ultra with his s.mk? If so, that's pretty rad.
  • riceman789riceman789 Need Rice! Joined: Posts: 26
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Yang do trade>ultra with his s.mk? If so, that's pretty rad.
    If you look at the videos when Justin Wong was playing as Yang then yes its pretty sick.

I would also like to note that Mago mentions about his standing far jab and standing close jab, he says that its going to be good in this game because if your opponent guards it or gets hit by it, you have the advantage.

I'm assuming most of you guys have read this but if you haven't, please take a look at it.
    http://www.versuscity.net/2010/12/01/the-2d-gods-present-the-twins/
    Yang's U1 > every other ultra imo.

the the post i was reffering to has been deleted and moved to another section, LOL!
  • elstobelstob Joined: Posts: 145
    I played a little Yang today at Avion, took him into "Beginner Mode" lol and tested out a couple of things although to be honest I don't really know the character at all here's what I found (forgive me if it isn't useful I was poking in the dark):

He is going to have a lot of trouble getting in on people, the range on his c.mk is poor but at least it is quite quick.

s.mk (his launcher) combos after command throw, could be fun.

Dive kick mix ups on peoples wake up will be a source of much frustration, the 3 different angles available can result in some extremely ambiguous setups.

hk command dash goes almost full screen(!?), EX command dash might I repeat might track to exactly behind the opponent, need to test more.

Ask questions if you like but I'm gonna need a lot more time with him I think. What was his best anti-air in 3rd Strike because none of his normals in this seemed particularly effective.
    his mantis slashes, whilst not as good as fei longs for poking will be good for getting in on ppl i should imagine. yang has a good ground game so i would expect his normals and pokes to be atleast average, its yun who is gonna struggle on the ground and with footsies, he will be in the air alot more than his brother yang
    the the post i was reffering to has been deleted and moved to another section, LOL!

Oh, I see.

• RawnessRawness Joined: Posts: 15
    I wonder which top players are going to make the switch to yang after playing him? Seems like he is getting a lot of attention.
    "If you stay ready, You ain't got to get ready"- suga free
  • D_DollarsD_Dollars the BASED ken Joined: Posts: 1,655
    I'm interested to see the combo possibilities after his slashes. +10 on hit is bannanas.

goddamn!! 10+ on hit is sexy.
    ssf4 ae:ken aka da based ken
    P4U:mitsuru aka da based mitsuru
  • DietDiet Garbage Day Joined: Posts: 1,287
    I'd like to see how much damage and stun a cr.mk HP slashesx2 FADC cr.mk EX slashes would do
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,350
    My old 3s main.

I haven't been keeping up with SSF4 because that game hasn't been interesting me in the least, but it is good to see that he is turning out to be a pretty decent character.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    My old 3s main.

I haven't been keeping up with SSF4 because that game hasn't been interesting me in the least, but it is good to see that he is turning out to be a pretty decent character.
    so will you try it now that yang is in lol?
  • Sh33pSh33p New Age of Rubbish Rifling Joined: Posts: 407
    I'd like to see how much damage and stun a cr.mk HP slashesx2 FADC cr.mk EX slashes would do

cr.mk HP slashes fadc s.HP EX slashes would do more damage if you've got +10. Maybe c.mk HP slashes FADC s.hp HP slashes FADC s.hp HP slashes would be fun too.
  • Trini_JudokaTrini_Judoka salty...since 09 Joined: Posts: 1,317
    So why exactly are people favoring Yang over Yun in these preliminary stages of the game?
    Currently playing: I wish. gotta work son

psn/xbl: JoBronze

Brooklyn Bitchezzz
    Well, from what I can tell, Yang has a more solid ground game. That's probably the big difference maker.
  • Trini_JudokaTrini_Judoka salty...since 09 Joined: Posts: 1,317
    s.mk (his launcher) combos after command throw, could be fun.

Is it to early to ask if this will work on all characters? Character dependent in 3s.
    Currently playing: I wish. gotta work son

psn/xbl: JoBronze

Brooklyn Bitchezzz
  • ShiawaseShiawase Joined: Posts: 270
    Is it to early to ask if this will work on all characters? Character dependent in 3s.
    I'm 98% sure that it works on everyone in AE.
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,350
    so will you try it now that yang is in lol?

Why not lol. Now I can really have some fun.
    So why exactly are people favoring Yang over Yun in these preliminary stages of the game?

Ground game seems to be really good. Safe special(Lp mantish slash 1st hit, HP mantis slash 2nd hit), easy ultras, some solid anti-airs. He seems to be generally a lot safer than his brother, with more ground options. As an aside tbh I always saw him as the more well rounded character even dating back to 3s days, so with the new system comes to no surprise that based on preliminary reports people are favoring Yang as the better of the two.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 330
    How much health does he have?
    wasn't yang actually better than yun in 3S until the discovery or genei jin?
  • drowsy22drowsy22 chunanigans Joined: Posts: 464
    wasn't yang actually better than yun in 3S until the discovery or genei jin?

maybe but supers in sf4 are a shadow of what they were in sf3.
    SF4: Chun
    SFxT: Chun/Julia