Yun Q&A: Ask simple questions here!

SosageSosage Mopping Up Your SaltJoined: Posts: 1,788 mod
Let's get this board rolling.
It Was Tuesday -- 925 SFV Weekly ... http://www.itwastuesday.com
SRK Mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
RIP KS2

Comments

• Tatsumaki_12Tatsumaki_12 Joined: Posts: 312
    sweet, looking forward to the Yun madness
  • willgwillg Joined: Posts: 166
    sooo pumped
  • ohsuplolohsuplol Lord Wilbur Joined: Posts: 222
    what does yun like to do for his birthday?
    I ain't even flexin'
  • ChuckBartowskiChuckBartowski Joined: Posts: 1,161
    Are his rekka things safe on block?

Is his dive kick more like Rufus' (at the height he can) or like Akuma's/Gouken's/etc.?

Is his palm safe on block?

How fast does he build meter?

Is he better or worse than Yang?

is he real
  • JustinbehungryJustinbehungry FREE. Joined: Posts: 49
    yun has rekka?
    SSF4: Rufus, Guy, Sakura, Random
    MVC3: Felicia/
  • GwynLovesMilkGwynLovesMilk Joined: Posts: 6,076
    Nope, sure doesn't, lol.
    If you want to write a book you have to live a life that's worth sealing in ink.
    Isn't it a rekka-like move? It says lunge punch on the eventhubs guide, I haven't played 3S so I don't know.
  • GwynLovesMilkGwynLovesMilk Joined: Posts: 6,076
    Isn't it a rekka-like move? It says lunge punch on the eventhubs guide, I haven't played 3S so I don't know.

Rekka normally implies a series like Abel or Fei, it's just a single lunge punch.
    If you want to write a book you have to live a life that's worth sealing in ink.
    Okay, well nonetheless I would like to know how safe it is on block. I don't mean exact frames, just if it's very punishable or not. Sorry for the confusion
  • Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 1,998
    Are his rekka things safe on block?

Is his dive kick more like Rufus' (at the height he can) or like Akuma's/Gouken's/etc.?

Is his palm safe on block?

How fast does he build meter?

Is he better or worse than Yang?

is he real

1. Probably not. But you can probably cancel out of it.

2. I'd assume so. It can also stop fireballs.

3. Look at the video thread. The one vs Guile was how it used to. Now, I dunno. Hopefully insanely fast so we can Genei-jin all day like 3S.

4. In this game Yang will be better. Yang will have better wake up options and chances are Yun will have to burn meter to get away safely. Yang also has a better horizontal footsies game.
    <Metric> songo is #1 3s player
  • wirestylewirestyle Do stuff into other stuff Joined: Posts: 429
    All I want to know is if he can build meter to reliably geneijin each round with ssfiv mechanics. If that supers wasted I'm going to be mad
    "Mind games don't work on players without functioning synapses" - Killer_Jigglypuff
  • riceman789riceman789 Need Rice! Joined: Posts: 26
    All I want to know is if he can build meter to reliably geneijin each round with ssfiv mechanics. If that supers wasted I'm going to be mad

From what we know from our sources(videos), it seems like he could build his meter fast by using palm to deflect projectile moves or as an ender for one of his Target combo(I guess). So he could use genei-jin like crazy, but I don't think its going to be like 3S though, but we'll see.

I'm looking forward what Arcade UFO can get from playing the twins.
  • ThirtyfourThirtyfour Wait Joined: Posts: 3,805
    WOAH WOAH WOAH Yun SECTION

Please someone tell me he's a good character. I dont mean Adon solid I mean Dictator solid

edit

Also did his http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8381/yuntaunt.gif color make it to AE?
    HYPE?!?!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjvsCnWO9Qw
    SSF4: AE v.2012 Dudley Video Tutorial
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yooo ThirtyFour i was just watching you in the marlinpie stream a while ago, Nice Dudley you got there! you moving to Yun though D: ?

for the Palm, seems quite safe so far, i'd think around -3 at max, plus it pushes back so its probably safe even if its on - frames.
    its hella useful against fireballs to build meter, hell apparently you can cancel an EX fireball with palm (cancel 1st hit and still have time to guard the second hit)
    Looking forward to playing Yun!
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    [Mian|Gang-il|Meitenkun|K'|Yamazaki|Daimon|Kensou]
    [Lucky Chloe | Poison Ivy | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    [Saiki/Ralf/Vice | PainWheel/Cerebella/Eliza]
  • BahaBaha www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 163
    From the sounds of things EX Lunge Punch to Ultra 1 to EX Shoulder Slam works.
    So Dive Kick, OS EX Lunge Punch to punish backdash/Teleport with ultra. Seems legit right?
    And maybe Dive Kick, Fierce Lunge Punch OS, super...combo continued.
  • riceman789riceman789 Need Rice! Joined: Posts: 26
    From the sounds of things EX Lunge Punch to Ultra 1 to EX Shoulder Slam works.
    So Dive Kick, OS EX Lunge Punch to punish backdash with ultra. Seems legit right?
    And maybe Dive Kick, Fierce Lunge Punch OS, super...combo continued.

hmmm...that's really interesting. But, unlike Yang, he doesn't seem to have a good grounded footsie game just like Tokido says.
    hmmm...that's really interesting. But, unlike Yang, he doesn't seem to have a good grounded footsie game just like Tokido says.
    I'm personally not too worried about that. I feel that(depending on how good it is, it's looking pretty good from what I've seen of videos) dive kick will be more than enough to get past most of the footsie game and as he has no trouble standing back and building meter. I'm quite enthusiastic about Yun's potential from what I've heard so far.
    focus attack is a big problem for the dive kicks i reckon because they are nowhere near as fast as cammys or rufus' dives
    Idk how much of what I've heard is rumor so take this with a grain of salt but I read that yun doesn't have a height restriction for his dive kick but yang does, which makes sense because yang has a much stronger ground game. Even if the dive kicks is slower you can still do it instantly and there is an entire mind game just with dive kicks alone. You can do so many things not to mention that Rufus only has mk divekick. One trajectory. In order to move differently he has to delay it or dive kick abruptly. Yun and Yang both have 3 different dive kicks. One of which (lk) almost completely stops you mid air. Dive kicks are shenanigans:

- Bait them into countering the dive kick and do an instant lk dive in the air effectively stopping your movement mid air.
    - cross up on wake up
    - land right in front of them (safe jump) leading into cr.short, cr.jab, throw, another dive kick (crossup or not)
    - land and block
    All of these options (and theres more uses, this is just basic) become available because of dive kicks. It's pretty amazing.

Note: Apparently Gief is a really bad matchup for Yun, I'd like to be in the lab right now but I won't have a chance until it goes live on XBL.
    "Mind games don't work on players without functioning synapses" - Killer_Jigglypuff
    yeah i can see gief being a right bitch for Yun. i think both dive kicks are the same from what i heard neither of them have an instant dive kick. any realistic expectations as wen we may see dlc? im thinking maybe a few months after the release of mvc3 sigh....
    Who knows. Because of the cost they incur by putting content up for DLC (Microsoft charges them a lot) I'm sure they're using AE to beta test for the XBL version. I read that super can be easily updated with a few downloadable files from capcom so that doesn't cost them much at all, unlike the DLC. Makes sense to me.

..? how does that pic prove or show that its 1 frame?
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    Because it's not moving...It was an awful joke

Also IIRC I saw, in one of the earlier videos, that one of the target combos built Yun like 3/4 of a meter on hit
    sweet, his target combos should be pretty useful then, not just gimmicky. palm is what im interested in because lp is a fake maybe a bait? mp and hard punch negate fireballs and build good meter ans EX wallbounces into combos!

Also lunge punch goes through projectiles i heard!! thats fkn insane!
    Because it's not moving...It was an awful joke

Also IIRC I saw, in one of the earlier videos, that one of the target combos built Yun like 3/4 of a meter on hit

please link
    ha ha
    funny

-_-
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    please link

It's the one vs Guile on the Volcano stage from a few months ago, I can't link it atm (work) but it's probably in the video thread.
    please link

20 seconds in. It builds 1/2 a meter on hit. The damage is not insane but it pushes into the corner really fast:love:

I watched this but I guess I wasn't looking for what I am now. He def has a lot of meter gain (thank god).

Note: Did anyone notice that his palm countered the first hit of EX Sonic Boom and he still had time to block the second?
  • WestloWestlo Joined: Posts: 1,688
    Genxa from ozhadou (Australia) is over in japan for a few days.. just posted that daigo has 200 wins and single digit losses with Yun...
    SSFIV AE - Cammy/Ken
    holy shit i didnt realise his meter gain was that good!? he does get pretty much a full meter after a 3 hit combo into lunge punch. i reckon once ppl start getting really good with him you could easily get 2 GJ a round
    ...3 hit combo? thats his main Target combo 123 (jab short strong)... ahhhh I can feel the bandwagon floods already, why does Yun get the flooding and not Yang? or is it both?
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
  • WestloWestlo Joined: Posts: 1,688
    ahhhh I can feel the bandwagon floods already, why does Yun get the flooding and not Yang? or is it both?

looks like it will be both.
    SSFIV AE - Cammy/Ken
    3 hitconfirmed combos for the stun. Even though it was on Guile the special was after the stun so that should be at least 1000 stun right there Oo. Also it looks like his launcher will be a good AA.
    Also looking at it seems when super is activated there is no stun added like 3s.
  • RawnessRawness Joined: Posts: 15
    I'm guessing both will have a flood come in. I'm wondering how many will stick with them though. if they can't get in after a few losses most will go back to shotos most likely.
    "If you stay ready, You ain't got to get ready"- suga free
    ...3 hit combo? thats his main Target combo 123 (jab short strong)... ahhhh I can feel the bandwagon floods already, why does Yun get the flooding and not Yang? or is it both?

you just answered your own question. yes, jab,short,strong is a 3 hit combo lmao
    I bet not a lot of players sticks with him. I'm predicting a much larger Yang infestation (that sounds like an STD)
    yeah from what ive been hearing Yang seems to much a much more popular choice. Yun needs a lot of work to be effective with and is too much of a niche character to bandwagon on i reckon. Thats why I think even though Fei is most likely top tier he will still be underused because he is hard to use at a decent level, and not a character which you can just pick up and use.
    Genxa from ozhadou (Australia) is over in japan for a few days.. just posted that daigo has 200 wins and single digit losses with Yun...

Hopfully Daigo won't play Yun as a main or we may have a serious flooding issues.
    yeah from what ive been hearing Yang seems to much a much more popular choice. Yun needs a lot of work to be effective with and is too much of a niche character to bandwagon on i reckon. Thats why I think even though Fei is most likely top tier he will still be underused because he is hard to use at a decent level, and not a character which you can just pick up and use.

But I hope you're right ;)

EDIT: And I also hope we see Issei returning to sf4 for Yun.
  • ReversalReversal Joined: Posts: 202
    The fact that Daigo said Yun is better than Yang means more people are going to try and use him.
    Once they find that they cant mash a 3-5 frame reversal during block strings and combos, they'll drop him though.
    Nah Daigo will always use a shoto as his main, and it just may be Ken this time around. I think he said hes still keeping Guile as a secondary though. We will have to wait and see if he decides to main Yun, once hes felt him out a bit more.
    I would be shocked if he decides to main yun. Would be some very interesting videos to watch though.

Hopefully someone is uploading those videos!
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,443
    From Tokido:
    I wanna see strong yun and yang.
    In yokohama there are no strong yun and yang.
    I heard Daigo's yun already get 10,000BP.
    very terrible ((((( ????)))))

http://tokido77.blog84.fc2.com/blog-entry-3.html

I think that explains the lack of recordings on Yun/Yang. :lol:
    Well that confirms what Westlo said about Daigo's Yun.
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,162
    Japanese people really need to drop their mains for just a few hours and play around with the new characters...
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
    Japanese people really need to drop their mains for just a few hours and play around with the new characters...

I agree!!!
    yeah its kinda pathetic on the first day no one is using yun and yang. computer game reputation is everything over in asia by the looks of it....