Seiei-Videu: Yang Video Thread

Comments

• De4dEyEDe4dEyE Getting Higher. Joined: Posts: 1,906
    If it's just like in 3S, you can also do his palm TC s.mp,s.fp,b.fp and follow it up with s.fp for a reset.

So can someone start busting out the super combos plox? :D

I've never heard of that combo in 3s.

On some characters he could juggle with slashes [on very specific ones he got an extended combo] , so whoever can test should see if he can get something like palm -> slash x3.
    Have I.... given it everything I have...?

NOPE
  • BlooddrunkBlooddrunk Guy Guru Joined: Posts: 3,244
    never played yang/yun before so this might be stupid, but rather than doing upkick fadc upkick, why not upkick fadc dive kick for a reset? i mean look at the damage from upkick fadc upkick, it's just pathetic

Well you can Ultra them.. for decent damage, maybe even Mantis slash or palm.. we don't know the full damage potential of yang yet.
    "My mains are normally Ninjas, Kung Fu artists, or Swords. I also love sleep and food."
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239

Yang U2 lost to a meaty low.

I hope they added that to more Ultras because wakeup random Ultra is whack.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • LordJimLordJim Taking it easy Joined: Posts: 1,017
    I remember being Grabbed out of Wake-Up Tensu Senkyutai back in 3S...But it beat most normals easily.
    Guess U1 is better for that purpose.,
    Conceived on Monday,Greenlighted on Tuesday,Developed on Wednesday,Released on Thursday,
    Grew worse on Friday,Died on Saturday,Buried on Sunday.Tis was the end Of Injustice:Gods among us Featuring Solomon Grundy
  • MallratMallrat Joined: Posts: 955

Did they buff Cody's knife normals or does Yang just have dick all for stamina?
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    Twins have low life.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691

My first time playing AE and Yang. I don't like how I got command grab while going for c.lkx3 rekkas :(
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • BloodcraveBloodcrave Joined: Posts: 77

Yang U2 lost to a meaty low.

I hope they added that to more Ultras because wakeup random Ultra is whack.

well yang's u2 only has projectile invincibility
  • DietDiet Garbage Day Joined: Posts: 1,287

at 4:00 Yang does clmk FADC U1 in corner for a full U1 :D
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
    Aww.. CTF cabs have English VAs... siiigh.
    "My mains are normally Ninjas, Kung Fu artists, or Swords. I also love sleep and food."
  • kElso712kElso712 SFL's salt dispenser Joined: Posts: 577
    I've never heard of that combo in 3s.

On some characters he could juggle with slashes [on very specific ones he got an extended combo] , so whoever can test should see if he can get something like palm -> slash x3.

uh, what? It's the twin's signature target combo. They both have it. I believe its s.mp, s.fp, back fp. It's not palm per se, but it looks like it lol
    "Que yo no vine de MC de alucine, tu siente mis rimas y los que quieran que imaginen"

www.Option-select.com
    uh, what? It's the twin's signature target combo. They both have it. I believe its s.mp, s.fp, back fp. It's not palm per se, but it looks like it lol

Well.. it ends with a palm but yes that is their signature target combo, I wonder if Yun can start a GJ combo after it
    I dont think so since the ender of the TC isn't special cancel-able. I could be wrong.
    "Que yo no vine de MC de alucine, tu siente mis rimas y los que quieran que imaginen"

www.Option-select.com
    I wonder why they would change that.. someone try it :D I used to always start my SA3 stuff after that with Yun and Yang.

What I'm talking about is target combo, then juggle with s.fierce? That doesn't work.

NOPE

at 4:00 Yang does clmk FADC U1 in corner for a full U1 :D

well arcadia magazine mentions he can just cl. mk > whiff dive kick > u1, saves the super bar
  • m1northreatm1northreat Joined: Posts: 201
    some vids i got the other day

Jairo J (Hido)
    Main - Elf
    well arcadia magazine mentions he can just cl. mk > whiff dive kick > u1, saves the super bar

I believe in the corner you might not even need to FADC.
  • striderzer0striderzer0 how not 2 play mvc2 Joined: Posts: 534
    I believe in the corner you might not even need to FADC.

Seem like it can be done anywhere
    http://www.tinyurl.com/TeamStriderDonations
    http://www.youtube.com/striderzer0
    "The true indication of a good fighting game – playability, not balance" -Clockw0rk
  • Jcool813Jcool813 twitch.tv/freej4y Joined: Posts: 3,180
    i can't stand watching any of these videos. i want to play for myself.

this will all seem low level in about a month's time. i'll start watching more vids then.
    Jcool: the most jaded DJ on SRK.
  • Joe The CondorJoe The Condor ?................... Joined: Posts: 1,012

Justin attempts the corner slash combo vs Mike Ross.

Street Fighter Target Audience: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6268/sftargetaudience.jpg
    "I never consider myself weak. If I do, that would be a discourtesy to all the players I've beaten." - KSK

Finally some Yang Footage in here. Loving his theme btw :D

Starts at 4:35

You'll notice in his match he does EX slashes into fierce HP I wonder if this can lead to corner resets :)
  • J-SlhJ-Slh Needs more training. Joined: Posts: 55
    Hadn't heard Yang's theme properly in all the vids I have seen until now ( all the shouting and screaming and all :P ) and while I thought Yun's rock/metal theme was the bomb.. this one's quite catchy too and fits Yang's calm and collected personality.
    Street Fighter Main: Ken. Waiting for Yang.
    BlazBlue: Hazama, Litchi.

Ore wo dare da to ommote yagaru?!
  • SVN4SVN4 Joined: Posts: 305
    Tokido said in his blog (apparently repling to my request) he is gonna record Nemo's Yang. Can't wait.
    I hope there is good use of Super.

Finally some Yang Footage in here. Loving his theme btw :D

Starts at 4:35

You'll notice in his match he does EX slashes into fierce HP I wonder if this can lead to corner resets :)

It does.
    He could do that against most Characters in 3s too.
    Another reset would be Senkyutai in the corner while they are in the air(with a jab). I wonder if it will be in here too.
    Conceived on Monday,Greenlighted on Tuesday,Developed on Wednesday,Released on Thursday,
    Grew worse on Friday,Died on Saturday,Buried on Sunday.Tis was the end Of Injustice:Gods among us Featuring Solomon Grundy
    He could do that against most Characters in 3s too.

? No, he couldn't.

NOPE
    Maybe the number of characters is wrong, but you could do extrae hits after ex slashes in the corner(even connect some hits of another set of ex-slashes).
    You can either jab after EX slashes on hugo/Q , or juggle with extra EX slashes [and some difficult combo] on hugo/Q. That's it.

NOPE
    I was sure a few other characters like Chun/Elena for example were included.
    Oh well.
    Mea Culpa.
    What I'm talking about is target combo, then juggle with s.fierce? That doesn't work.

I'm 3S it did.

www.Option-select.com
    I'm 3S it did.

I'm almost certain it didn't.

NOPE
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,687
    Concurring with De4dEyE. Almost nothing comboed after EX slashes in 3S, let alone something as slow as s.HP.

You could s.HP after juggling with two normal slashes in corner, but s.HP after EX? Nope.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Guessing23Guessing23 Joined: Posts: 18
    YESSS YANG has his MK color <3

AND HOLY SHIT on that Seiei Enbu combo.. move the fuck over Genei Jin.
    I just learned 20 new things from this video alone.I really underestimated the purpose of the non-knockdown palm.
    I do not think we have seen a Genei Jin combo as strong this Seiei one on any footage yet.
  • Fool~samaFool~sama Hazama fanboy Joined: Posts: 71

Nemo Vs ???
    Awaiting any challengers, always looking for a good fight. :3
    Blazblue:CS2 Jin sub hazama
    SSF4AE: ...I don't really know, maybe e.ryu? or Adon?
    Tekken 6: leo, lei, steve
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,560

Tokido uploaded another vid of Nemo's Yang vs an unknown Ryu.

Few things to note from both videos.
    Yang's DP seems like it can beat Ryu's cross up Tatsu if timed early enough. He beat it on wake up and I'm assuming this happened based on the changes to cross up tatsu and maybe Miyaken did it too late?

Feint Palm is good for the occasional mix up. Do a few meaty Palms then throw a palm feint mix up or bait out a reversal.

Yang's far s.jab looks ridiculous. It hits really far and on crouching characters and there's enough frame advantage on hit that you can link c.forward after it and then hit confirm into Rekka's. C.Forward is also pretty ridiculous since it shrinks his hitboxes and the hit boxes are large enough to hit after far s.jab hits at max range. I swear far s.jab is like Rog far s.jab good (back in Vanilla/SSF4).

C.Jab looks like it has some good frame advantage on it since he did c.jab, c.forward but it didn't CH but it's enough to not get stuffed by mash normals.

2nd hit of mantis slashes is definitely minus frames on block as he tried to do something after and got stuffed by Ryu's c.Forward. Need someone to test the safety of 2nd hit of mantis slash on block with all strengths. I want to know if Mantis Slashes are even remotely close to being Fei-Long Rekka good.

I want someone to confirm that Seiei-Enbu unblockable Ultra setup.

EDIT: Blah...someone beat me to posting the video.
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
  • Wonder_ChefWonder_Chef Chomp Chomp Hiss Joined: Posts: 1,651
    I can answer that. 1st hit of LP slashes 100% safe. 1st hit of HP slashes might be safe, I wasn't ever punished for it.

Also the unblockable ultra setup makes no sense as far as I can think of. I mean wasn't the idea that you had to have an attack hit them on the first frame of their wakeup, and the ultra animation makes them stop blocking for that one frame? I could see the overhead comboing into the Ultra if super is activated, but unblockable doesn't make any sense.
    "Characters like Cammy and Sakura aren't that threatening after knockdown." - Wasted
    "In ST, you can zone for almost an entire minute without the other character ever approaching you." - m2Dave
    Yo is palm jump cancel-able??? also, The palm hit confirm into super seems legit. Though, someone should start figuring out good custom combos for it :D

Definitely hyped to play Yang.

www.Option-select.com
  • Wonder_ChefWonder_Chef Chomp Chomp Hiss Joined: Posts: 1,651
    Yo is palm jump cancel-able??? also, The palm hit confirm into super seems legit. Though, someone should start figuring out good custom combos for it :D

Yeah it definitely looked like it in that video didn't it. I was wondering the same thing, I'll try it next time.
    "Characters like Cammy and Sakura aren't that threatening after knockdown." - Wasted
    "In ST, you can zone for almost an entire minute without the other character ever approaching you." - m2Dave
    Yang is looking solid, Even if we have to work a bit for wins that applies to most of the cast now and I'm used to it since I play Guy.
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,560

The damage scaling in SF4 makes a lot of these CC's bad damage wise. It seems better to get the max damage combo that doesn't drain the whole gauge then go for a mix up. I'm thinking Seiei-Enbu is better then Genei-Jin. With Genei-Jin the damage scaling makes the subsequent combo pretty bad damage wise and if you fuck up the combo you can't really apply the same pressure that you could in 3rd Strike due to how SF4 is. The benefits of Genei-Jin seem to be the little bit extra damage, putting them in the corner, and the reset you get at the end of the combo. Seiei-Enbu seems like you can still combo into it and if you fuck up the combo the mirror images still attack the opponent while you recover so you can still pressure and mix them up. Even with the damage scaling I think you could do something like do a combo that ends in a decent pressure move like 1st hit rekka then while the opponent is still in hit or block stun go for a mix up. Even if the reset doesn't work the chip damage from the rekka should be pretty decent and you can always tick throw or command grab as well. It just seems like a Seiei-Enbu is positionally advantageous for Yang then Genei-Jin is for Yun.
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
    hmm looked like hop kick in seiei enbu can be followed up with c.short?

NOPE
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,880 mod
    this one's quite catchy too and fits Yang's calm and collected personality.

I totally agree
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • JintyJinty Joined: Posts: 96
    Don't know if this had been posted yet but you can combo after ex slashes in the corner, maybe you could do other follow ups like ultra or something?

I build meter before I go to sleep so I can wake up super
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,687
    Ugh..........second hit of LP slashes is safe, maybe -1 or -2, but I have yet to ever be reversaled after the 2nd slash, not even by Boxer's jab. If someone is being hit, then that's because they're trying to do something afterwards. 2nd HP slash is already confirmed unsafe unless you FADC. Unable to check MP slashes as yet.

Rule of thumb: If you're doing block pressure with slashes, don't be a dickhead and use MP or HP. Only use HP when your combo is guaranteed/hitconfirmed.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • xicerxicer Joined: Posts: 178
    Ok, with the latest nemo videos count me in on the yang-wagon. I'm learning fei now to hedge my bets but as soon as ae hits consoles im jumping on board. Also, his super in the 1st nemo video looks fun as all hell.
    reppin' Logan since release.
    reppin' Zero since Vanilla
    Learn Yang in 3s it'll be better for you.
    i bet yang's tier standing just went up a few after people watched that nemo vid
  • DMysticDMystic Joined: Posts: 232
    It looks like Seiei doesn't mitigate on the shadow.

In that first Video at just about the 50 second mark, the f+mk did a lot of damage. much more than it should have if it was mitigated for 3 hits.