Seiei-Videu: Yang Video Thread

Comments

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,872
    Nicely done. I might change my mind about U2-ing through projectiles - it works fine against Chun and Sagat, but not Ryu.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 323
    Nicely done. I might change my mind about U2-ing through projectiles - it works fine against Chun and Sagat, but not Ryu.

Have you played SSF4 before? High tiger shots and chun-li's fireball recover faster than ryu's (non-ex), low tiger shots have the same recovery. He didn't connect u2 vs ryu in that video above because he did it way late.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,872
    Never really played against Super Chun or Sagat, to be perfectly honest. Nobody uses them here when Ryu and Guile are available.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • kElso712kElso712 SFL's salt dispenser Joined: Posts: 577
    Kit's Yang seems legit man. He has a pretty good footing on the character and even though AE was just released, he seems to already be comfortable with his play style. He looks hella fun to play man.

Edit: Fake palm mix ups and jump canceling are going to be a headache :lol:
    "Que yo no vine de MC de alucine, tu siente mis rimas y los que quieran que imaginen"

www.Option-select.com
  • tenyardmiketenyardmike Hyper Bomb Everything Joined: Posts: 1,253
    I hope we get some footage soon of some sick Seiei Enbu combos
    SF3: Hugo
    SFIV: Adon/Hugo
    SFV: Alex (PC)
    Upload some of my SFV replays to Youtube
  • De4dEyEDe4dEyE Getting Higher. Joined: Posts: 1,906
    ..and they said they were useless... Even if they don't do as much stun Damage makes up for it.

Those are ex slashes done on a full health -Gen-. Gen has 900 HP, that's not a good indicator that the ex slashes do a lot of damage.
    Have I.... given it everything I have...?

NOPE
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239

Looks like one of the palms lets you tack a hit on after in the corner.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • BloodcraveBloodcrave Joined: Posts: 77
    never played yang/yun before so this might be stupid, but rather than doing upkick fadc upkick, why not upkick fadc dive kick for a reset? i mean look at the damage from upkick fadc upkick, it's just pathetic

Looks like one of the palms lets you tack a hit on after in the corner.

If it's just like in 3S, you can also do his palm TC s.mp,s.fp,b.fp and follow it up with s.fp for a reset.

So can someone start busting out the super combos plox? :D
    "Que yo no vine de MC de alucine, tu siente mis rimas y los que quieran que imaginen"

www.Option-select.com
  • ThirtyfourThirtyfour Wait Joined: Posts: 3,805

Do what the man says.
    Unless you want a jaguar beating.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjvsCnWO9Qw
    SSF4: AE v.2012 Dudley Video Tutorial
    If it's just like in 3S, you can also do his palm TC s.mp,s.fp,b.fp and follow it up with s.fp for a reset.

I've never heard of that combo in 3s.

On some characters he could juggle with slashes [on very specific ones he got an extended combo] , so whoever can test should see if he can get something like palm -> slash x3.

NOPE
  • BlooddrunkBlooddrunk Guy Guru Joined: Posts: 3,244
    never played yang/yun before so this might be stupid, but rather than doing upkick fadc upkick, why not upkick fadc dive kick for a reset? i mean look at the damage from upkick fadc upkick, it's just pathetic

Well you can Ultra them.. for decent damage, maybe even Mantis slash or palm.. we don't know the full damage potential of yang yet.
    "My mains are normally Ninjas, Kung Fu artists, or Swords. I also love sleep and food."

Yang U2 lost to a meaty low.

I hope they added that to more Ultras because wakeup random Ultra is whack.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • LordJimLordJim Taking it easy Joined: Posts: 1,017
    I remember being Grabbed out of Wake-Up Tensu Senkyutai back in 3S...But it beat most normals easily.
    Guess U1 is better for that purpose.,
    Conceived on Monday,Greenlighted on Tuesday,Developed on Wednesday,Released on Thursday,
    Grew worse on Friday,Died on Saturday,Buried on Sunday.Tis was the end Of Injustice:Gods among us Featuring Solomon Grundy
  • MallratMallrat Joined: Posts: 955

Did they buff Cody's knife normals or does Yang just have dick all for stamina?
    Twins have low life.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691

My first time playing AE and Yang. I don't like how I got command grab while going for c.lkx3 rekkas :(
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube

Yang U2 lost to a meaty low.

I hope they added that to more Ultras because wakeup random Ultra is whack.

well yang's u2 only has projectile invincibility
  • DietDiet Garbage Day Joined: Posts: 1,287

at 4:00 Yang does clmk FADC U1 in corner for a full U1 :D
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
    Aww.. CTF cabs have English VAs... siiigh.
    "My mains are normally Ninjas, Kung Fu artists, or Swords. I also love sleep and food."
    I've never heard of that combo in 3s.

On some characters he could juggle with slashes [on very specific ones he got an extended combo] , so whoever can test should see if he can get something like palm -> slash x3.

uh, what? It's the twin's signature target combo. They both have it. I believe its s.mp, s.fp, back fp. It's not palm per se, but it looks like it lol

www.Option-select.com
    uh, what? It's the twin's signature target combo. They both have it. I believe its s.mp, s.fp, back fp. It's not palm per se, but it looks like it lol

Well.. it ends with a palm but yes that is their signature target combo, I wonder if Yun can start a GJ combo after it
    I dont think so since the ender of the TC isn't special cancel-able. I could be wrong.

www.Option-select.com
    I wonder why they would change that.. someone try it :D I used to always start my SA3 stuff after that with Yun and Yang.

What I'm talking about is target combo, then juggle with s.fierce? That doesn't work.

NOPE

at 4:00 Yang does clmk FADC U1 in corner for a full U1 :D

well arcadia magazine mentions he can just cl. mk > whiff dive kick > u1, saves the super bar
  • m1northreatm1northreat Joined: Posts: 201
    some vids i got the other day

Jairo J (Hido)
    Main - Elf
    well arcadia magazine mentions he can just cl. mk > whiff dive kick > u1, saves the super bar

I believe in the corner you might not even need to FADC.
  • striderzer0striderzer0 how not 2 play mvc2 Joined: Posts: 538
    I believe in the corner you might not even need to FADC.

Seem like it can be done anywhere
    http://www.tinyurl.com/TeamStriderDonations
    http://www.youtube.com/striderzer0
    "The true indication of a good fighting game – playability, not balance" -Clockw0rk
  • Jcool813Jcool813 twitch.tv/freej4y Joined: Posts: 3,180
    i can't stand watching any of these videos. i want to play for myself.

this will all seem low level in about a month's time. i'll start watching more vids then.
    Jcool: the most jaded DJ on SRK.
  • Joe The CondorJoe The Condor ?................... Joined: Posts: 1,012

Justin attempts the corner slash combo vs Mike Ross.

Street Fighter Target Audience: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6268/sftargetaudience.jpg
    "I never consider myself weak. If I do, that would be a discourtesy to all the players I've beaten." - KSK

Finally some Yang Footage in here. Loving his theme btw :D

Starts at 4:35

You'll notice in his match he does EX slashes into fierce HP I wonder if this can lead to corner resets :)
  • J-SlhJ-Slh Needs more training. Joined: Posts: 55
    Hadn't heard Yang's theme properly in all the vids I have seen until now ( all the shouting and screaming and all :P ) and while I thought Yun's rock/metal theme was the bomb.. this one's quite catchy too and fits Yang's calm and collected personality.
    Street Fighter Main: Ken. Waiting for Yang.
    BlazBlue: Hazama, Litchi.

Ore wo dare da to ommote yagaru?!
  • SVN4SVN4 Joined: Posts: 305
    Tokido said in his blog (apparently repling to my request) he is gonna record Nemo's Yang. Can't wait.
    I hope there is good use of Super.

Finally some Yang Footage in here. Loving his theme btw :D

Starts at 4:35

You'll notice in his match he does EX slashes into fierce HP I wonder if this can lead to corner resets :)

It does.
    He could do that against most Characters in 3s too.
    Another reset would be Senkyutai in the corner while they are in the air(with a jab). I wonder if it will be in here too.
    Conceived on Monday,Greenlighted on Tuesday,Developed on Wednesday,Released on Thursday,
    Grew worse on Friday,Died on Saturday,Buried on Sunday.Tis was the end Of Injustice:Gods among us Featuring Solomon Grundy
    He could do that against most Characters in 3s too.

? No, he couldn't.

NOPE
    Maybe the number of characters is wrong, but you could do extrae hits after ex slashes in the corner(even connect some hits of another set of ex-slashes).
    You can either jab after EX slashes on hugo/Q , or juggle with extra EX slashes [and some difficult combo] on hugo/Q. That's it.

NOPE
    I was sure a few other characters like Chun/Elena for example were included.
    Oh well.
    Mea Culpa.
    What I'm talking about is target combo, then juggle with s.fierce? That doesn't work.

I'm 3S it did.

www.Option-select.com