Seiei-Videu: Yang Video Thread

Comments

• HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,296
    edited February 2014
    perfect example of why i hate fighting rog at 2:08. jump back fierce. random rush punch. repeat

edited February 2014
    more kazunoko yang

Post edited by HNIC Mike on
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,146
    I've picked up a few things to incorporate from kazunoko: mash cr.lk, mash dp and cr.lp, s.lp, s.lp is the best blockstring. And divekick a lot, I don't divekick enough.
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 766
    edited February 2014
    He does a lot of those same things with Yun.
    Yeah and I hate him for wakeup jabs.
    this is like fuckin christmas
  • KINGBROZENKINGBROZEN Sleepypants Joined: Posts: 202
    Oh man, those matches were such a pleasure to watch.

I gotta use that Cl. MK > Cr. LK trick to catch slow techers since it seemed to work wonders against some players.
    The walk forward near throw range and then Cl. MK > U1 is so sick, think I saw Kazunoko use that one too and I wanna join the cool kids club.
    Noticed when he won round 1/2 he would sometimes save his meter until the opponent was under 3/4 or 2/3 of their health, I guess he wants to save Yang's burst damage to bring them near the edge of their life where one good footsies poke or divekick can win him the match?
    AI´HF´QWTH8wgt-sguf\pzhfyq25215215

BEST YANG EVER OMFCKUGING AIOYE24Y0

I'M LIKE A CALIFORNIA GIRL SCREAMING

OJISANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    edited February 2014
    things i find interesting about his yang

-U1vs shotos
    -never uses ex roll against fireballs
    -no ex slashes
    -no dp fadc
    -Mk teleport after slashes even tho he gets no frame advantage? dont really like this
    -U2 vs gen and ibuki?-maybe for backdash OS
    -resets limited almost exclusively to the corner. i think the 1 or 2 mid screen resets i saw were missed HK dive kicks

he plays a semi damage optimized style. meter is only for fadc combo damage, occasional fadc slash pressure/ex grab or teleport. but he goes for the double launcher combo always. he could get more damage, but i suspect he is looking for max corner carry. on his wake up he almost never dp'ed. either teleport, backdash, or low short. its a bad reversal DP and he most likely wont waste meter to make it safe anyway

very different interesting style. i like the planning that goes into his play. it ensures that more of his touches lead to bigger damage without giving up damage through failed reset attempts. its a very streamlined approach.

-force you to the corner for my biggest damage
    -all my mid screen touches will do damage
    -conservative, meter conscious defense and neutral game

i shall have to try and incorporate some of this. especially the calculated meter management
    Post edited by HNIC Mike on
  • AhChangAhChang PSN : ah_chang Joined: Posts: 130
    Superb Corner Pressure !
    PSN : Ah_Chang
    Steam : Sprintertrueno83

USF4 : Yang, Guy
    SF5 : Nash, Fang

From Singapore !
  • gzxgzx Joined: Posts: 79
    Watching ojisan makes me want to pick up yang, so stylish. He was bodying sekiganryu and danhiru in many of those matches, damn.
    edited February 2014
    tried to adopot some of ojisans strategy

doesnt work for me. its too rigid for my taste. but i feel like its a good tournament level game plan

i play more along the lines of nemo or aqua. i still use resets, but i dont do them unless i need to make a comeback, or if i feel like i cant get enough damage to kill. usually i just take the garaunteed damage
    i crash LuckyD's stream @ 2:31:01

its actually my second match in there but the first one i lose because im watching myself playing on delay on my computer. so i kinda just get hit by everything about 10 minutes earlier

I can't condone with that s.lp, cr.mk after command grab you lazy bastard.

And I hate twitch archives, takes forever to load with that uber quality.

otori wrote: »
    I can't condone with that s.lp, cr.mk after command grab you lazy bastard.

And I hate twitch archives, takes forever to load with that uber quality.

lol. i'd keep doing it forever if they werent adding that 1 point of extra scaling in ultra. i think i got that habbit from aqua. he was my first yang i really studied

• LayzzeyLayzzey Joined: Posts: 229
    I can condone cause i'm a scrub. Good stuff.
    I do that too sometimes. Can't do firece rollkicks after command grab for the life of me online...
    and I've hated sim since SF2. I can't beat good ones with any of my characters in this game for whatever reason.
    Thanks for the counterhit setup..I'll try and use that.
    i drop it for whatever reason from time to time. dunno why. i never dropped fei's close fierce after command grab

anyway, like i said at the time when i was learning initially i saw aqua always doing stand jab, so i said fuck it and took the lazy way. i have to switch tho. that extra point of scaling is going to turn that into like 160 or something
  • Her0 of Tim3Her0 of Tim3 Kono shobu moratta! Joined: Posts: 986
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    i crash LuckyD's stream @ 2:31:01

its actually my second match in there but the first one i lose because im watching myself playing on delay on my computer. so i kinda just get hit by everything about 10 minutes earlier

All them easy mode combos off the command throw. Good stuff otherwise. I like how quickly you recognized that he was just gonna keep mashing buttons during your strings.
    CFN: Mikaul SFV: Ryu/Juri KI: Sadira/Jago
  • MCZAlucardMCZAlucard Joined: Posts: 93
    Exarkun wrote: »
    I am looking for a video on the threads but I can't seem to find it. It was very informative and explained Yangs final active frame of his hop kick giving him +3 frames on advantage while hit. I have been searching and can't seem to find it. The video also contained safejumps, reversals, and a few other bits. It is roughly 3 minutes, any help would be great guys.

Yes..i think it was against seth...tge target combo...where u hit him at the knees and he cant shoryu it...
  • so13so13 Joined: Posts: 18
    youtube.com/watch?v=hmKbIeNDmmI

A video who shows Yang's buff and nerfs by DadaKen
    That 1 damage nerf sucks so bad. But cr.lk x3 slashes does legit damage now.
  • MCZAlucardMCZAlucard Joined: Posts: 93
    Wish i could do s.lk xx palm loops

Gud to know that im not the only one :)
    That 1 damage nerf sucks so bad. But cr.lk x3 slashes does legit damage now.

i think my lazy man command grab combo does like 160. lol

• US4US4 Mark D. Aardvark Joined: Posts: 190
    I was able to to watch Oji-san. How good is that cl.mk > cr. lk trap? I saw him use that and hit a few times. Also the jump-in hp into cl.mk. Looks like he's delaying the cl.mk and using it as a trap? Sometimes he hits cl.mk at what it looks like, max range.
    Pretty good. Close mk is -2 tho so don't abuse it.
    edited March 2014
    Ridiculous reward for a frame trap, specially in the corner.

It's also one of his few ground normals with decent active frames, so you can time it meaty to be up to +1.
    more ojisan

• JulperoJulpero Joined: Posts: 771

-U1 vs shotos

he plays a semi damage optimized style. meter is only for fadc combo damage, occasional fadc slash pressure/ex grab or teleport. but he goes for the double launcher combo always. he could get more damage, but i suspect he is looking for max corner carry.

Well Ultra 2 is pretty much useless against shotos except against Akuma. That's one of the few match-ups I use it in. Otherwise Ultra 1's damage and anti-air capabilities take the win for me. It's especially great if you get your opponent desperate enough to make a back jump in the corner.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the double launcher combo do only like 5 damage less than the hardest hitting fadc combo after rekkas? It's obviously the most optimal in terms of reward since it build meter well, pushes them to the corner and leads to a 50/50 cross-up afterwards.

Also he did in fact use wake-up dp against Ibuki but even that was just to force an air-reset. :p
    Steam: Julpero
    Psn: julpro

SFV: Dhalsieeeem
    kof 13: Kensou, EX Kyo, Takuma, Hwa Jai, Chin
    Man I like U2 a lot. It has more comboability than U1 and the fact that you can do the old dp fadc frame trap into ultra is a big plus. I've won countless matches on that.

That said, I've been only picking it vs a few characters.

On another note, only today I discovered that cl.mk, cl.mk, hk dp is a better punish than cl.hp xx (whatever). I feel about as stupid as not knowing about blanka ball punishes.
    Julpero wrote: »

-U1 vs shotos

he plays a semi damage optimized style. meter is only for fadc combo damage, occasional fadc slash pressure/ex grab or teleport. but he goes for the double launcher combo always. he could get more damage, but i suspect he is looking for max corner carry.

Well Ultra 2 is pretty much useless against shotos except against Akuma. That's one of the few match-ups I use it in. Otherwise Ultra 1's damage and anti-air capabilities take the win for me. It's especially great if you get your opponent desperate enough to make a back jump in the corner.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the double launcher combo do only like 5 damage less than the hardest hitting fadc combo after rekkas? It's obviously the most optimal in terms of reward since it build meter well, pushes them to the corner and leads to a 50/50 cross-up afterwards.

Also he did in fact use wake-up dp against Ibuki but even that was just to force an air-reset. :p

yeah the double launcher is like 5 less. there were times where he hit 2 jabs and still did rekka dbl launch etc. could have done low forward mp palm fadc cr.lk hk dp and improved by 20dmg

but like you said the corner push and possibility of a set up....

plus it goes better with his total gameplan

U2 still beats fireballs if you find yourself without ex meter, but its a complete matter of prefference
    i have to fid a way to upload myself. i think this latest break from grinding took away anything i was doing well.

seems like everything hits me now all of a sudden. like i cant block and tech no more
    fixed my lazy man command grab combo. sort of.

tell me if im still being lazy

i do a triple plink with fierce, medium, and jab into mk rollkick. all 3 buttons cancel into mk dp. so i get safety and only like 10 less damage. with the added benifit of any post mk dp set ups
    Just don't forget cl.mp, cr.mk xx rekkas on the characters it works on lol.
  • EastEast Break Through Joined: Posts: 901
    vid
    Half screen roll fadc forward. Stop.

East wrote: »
    vid
    Half screen roll fadc forward. Stop.

You do realize that none of the replays are of myself, right?
    i have to fid a way to upload myself. i think this latest break from grinding took away anything i was doing well.

seems like everything hits me now all of a sudden. like i cant block and tech no more

Send me replays
  • LifeIsGood4LifeIsGood4 Joined: Posts: 106
    has there been any deep yang runs since ae 2012 in english casted tourneys ? struggling to find english casted yang vids
  • EastEast Break Through Joined: Posts: 901
    Has anyone else tried out Ojisan's boy strategy from the videos above? I gave it a shot, and damn it is incredibly effective. I was playing in the arcades earlier tonight and glancing at the rankings, I realized that he is in the top 20 for Japan right now as far as points rankings go. If you haven't tried a corner-centric strategy, I would definitely give it a shot.