Seiei-Videu: Yang Video Thread

Comments

• MCZAlucardMCZAlucard Joined: Posts: 93
    East wrote: »
    Has anyone else tried out Ojisan's boy strategy from the videos above? I gave it a shot, and damn it is incredibly effective. I was playing in the arcades earlier tonight and glancing at the rankings, I realized that he is in the top 20 for Japan right now as far as points rankings go. If you haven't tried a corner-centric strategy, I would definitely give it a shot.

What strategy?? Can u elaborate please.
  • EastEast Break Through Joined: Posts: 901
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    things i find interesting about his yang

-U1vs shotos
    -never uses ex roll against fireballs
    -no ex slashes
    -no dp fadc
    -Mk teleport after slashes even tho he gets no frame advantage? dont really like this
    -U2 vs gen and ibuki?-maybe for backdash OS
    -resets limited almost exclusively to the corner. i think the 1 or 2 mid screen resets i saw were missed HK dive kicks

he plays a semi damage optimized style. meter is only for fadc combo damage, occasional fadc slash pressure/ex grab or teleport. but he goes for the double launcher combo always. he could get more damage, but i suspect he is looking for max corner carry. on his wake up he almost never dp'ed. either teleport, backdash, or low short. its a bad reversal DP and he most likely wont waste meter to make it safe anyway

very different interesting style. i like the planning that goes into his play. it ensures that more of his touches lead to bigger damage without giving up damage through failed reset attempts. its a very streamlined approach.

-force you to the corner for my biggest damage
    -all my mid screen touches will do damage
    -conservative, meter conscious defense and neutral game

i shall have to try and incorporate some of this. especially the calculated meter management

This pretty much sums it up.

• HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,296
    I tried it. Some things I'm doing, but I like ex slashes too much. I might give it up tho. -1 makes it a little gimicky.

I was having success mixing it in to frame traps/throws, but people I play a lot are starting to take advantage

Also I prefer close fierce into DP over double launcher
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,124
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • MCZAlucardMCZAlucard Joined: Posts: 93
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »

Awesome Stuff....
  • AhChangAhChang PSN : ah_chang Joined: Posts: 130
    Alot of nice resets !
    PSN : Ah_Chang
    Steam : Sprintertrueno83

USF4 : Yang, Guy
    SF5 : Nash, Fang

From Singapore !
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2014

One 666 match in it.

The other videos of that tourney usually have 1 yang player, but they mostly lose and are low BP.
    He uses teleport in neutral. Not sure I like it or understand what's it meant to accomplish.
    edited April 2014
    dunno. shits kinda gimmicky. i suppose you could look at it like a blanka hop. except its not airborne and its like 5 frames slower

and about the video, if you ever see someone being predictable with focus back dash, or level 1 backdash, yang can punish those.

for focus backdash vs dive kick you do dive kick and just go straight to lp rekka

for level 1 back dash you just react with ex rekkas

Post edited by HNIC Mike on
  • Her0 of Tim3Her0 of Tim3 Kono shobu moratta! Joined: Posts: 986
    otori wrote: »
    He uses teleport in neutral. Not sure I like it or understand what's it meant to accomplish.

I've never understood why Japanese Yangs do that tbh. It's punishable and leaves you stuck there for too long for me to just throw it out there.
    dunno. shits kinda gimmicky. i suppose you could look at it like a blanka hop. except its not airborne and its like 5 frames slower

and about the video, if you ever see someone being predictable with focus back dash, or level 1 backdash, yang can punish those.

for focus backdash vs dive kick you do dive kick and just go straight to lp rekka

Can you just use EX rekkas for both? I would prefer not to have a guessing game involved. (maybe it's not a guessing game, but I'll go test it out myself)
    CFN: Mikaul SFV: Ryu/Juri KI: Sadira/Jago
    Who's that pink chef yang? I really like him.

I've never understood why Japanese Yangs do that tbh. It's punishable and leaves you stuck there for too long for me to just throw it out there.

Can you just use EX rekkas for both? I would prefer not to have a guessing game involved. (maybe it's not a guessing game, but I'll go test it out myself)

yeah, you can, i just wouldnt do either without a read first because if they do lvl 1 you'll get crumpled going straight into raw rekka during start up. the yang in the video dived into like 3 focus backdashes and never responded

most players have a tendency to do one or the other tho.

edited April 2014
    i only watched the first 15:00 buti think this is a 45 minute vid of yang losing to sim. see what you can learn

i really dont know what the yang is doing. finishes rounds with full super. doesnt fadc on single poke confirmed rekkas

i want to say he's experimenting, but i dunno. i can tell he's trying to land slash fadc focus crumple into double forward dash for corner carry, but he misses a lot. then maybe he wants to save bar for super? i dont know. strange choices for a dude with 4.5k pp
    Very sloppy execution. Feels like me playing.
  • KINGBROZENKINGBROZEN Sleepypants Joined: Posts: 202

Don't really care for Kindevu's Yang, but then again he is playing against Momochi's Ultra Ken so he has to play more careful I suppose.

Things I'm looking at:
    Is his back walk speed any better? It was only being done in the footsies wiggle, I'm just hopeful because we already have great forward walk speed, I want the back walk speed higher for making things whiff.

I'm not seeing St. MP hit in any situation that Cr. MK wouldn't, I want to see this move be used more effectively and in different match-ups before I pass any judgement on it.

2:07 Juggling into U2 that far into a combo always felt like a big no no to me unless it was a round ender, but look at that pathetic damage from UW at 60%, if we're going the UW route we have to remember to combo into U1 in those situations instead of taking the lazy route.
    3:15 Same thing, if were going to commit to the ambiguous side change we may as well try to confirm into dash > U1 which I feel is one of Yang's harder things to confirm, but definitely possible.

1:18, 1:40 - Cross-up MK still unreliable in the neutral game, probably still going to be purely a set-up move that just happens to work more consistently on the cast now.
  • 3rd strike3rd strike JAV 大好きです Joined: Posts: 430
    More Yang footage:

1:15:45 to 1:42:25
    90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.
    edited April 2014
    Yeah I see the cross up can't really be used from neutral. I think the only situations to trust it are after mk roll kick and f.throw 1 dash. And fat characters.

There was another video I saw it missing vs sagat.

also yang vs hugo looks hilarious
    Post edited by HNIC Mike on
  • r.d.kr.d.k Joined: Posts: 31
    edited April 2014
    His j.mk is miles better than it was in 2012. I saw it hit on Cammy, Ken, and ryu so that will cover 75% of the cast. Lets just be happy that the threat of it is more viable.

Only thing I see is that it still whiffs on crouching opponents on wake up. Was it like that in AE?

Also far. mp cancel into special is godlike.
  • JulperoJulpero Joined: Posts: 771
    Still waiting for Nemo, Kyoku or Ojisan footage. The best footage I've seen thus far was I think Eita playing Yang. I'm not sure though since I don't understand Japanese but the commentators kept on saying his name.
    Steam: Julpero
    Psn: julpro

SFV: Dhalsieeeem
    kof 13: Kensou, EX Kyo, Takuma, Hwa Jai, Chin

Accidentaly found it.
  • DlieuDlieu Joined: Posts: 52
    edited April 2014
    USF4 footage from Kazunoko

Nice videos I was hoping to see Kazunoko experiment with red focus (while using yang). Im thinking Cr.mk to mp palm EX red focus cancel into Ultra 1 or 2. If that works thats going to be worth the meter. Also Ultra 2 still does shit damage.
  • EastEast Break Through Joined: Posts: 901
    r.d.k wrote: »
    Nice videos I was hoping to see Kazunoko experiment with red focus (while using yang). Im thinking Cr.mk to mp palm EX red focus cancel into Ultra 1 or 2. If that works thats going to be worth the meter. Also Ultra 2 still does shit damage.

It does work. Max 457 damage assuming your ultra meter is full and guts scaling doesn't kick in.
    That's good to hear.
  • Ps3akumaPs3akuma Joined: Posts: 70
    Only watched the first match but cross up MK seems to work good on Rolento.
  • KinDerKinDer Joined: Posts: 21
    Yang TT in usf4
    ultra. featuring otori's favorite yang player

THE NEUTRAL TELEPORTS

I DON'T UNDERSTANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

666 has come a long way though. I need to incorporate a lot of those pressure strings, my offense is too predictable, I'm still playing 2010 street fighter.
    Haha 666 going for that swag combo against Reiketsu even though he could've killed with an easier combo.

• DustlooperDustlooper Jab FADC Joined: Posts: 988
    THE NEUTRAL TELEPORTS

I DON'T UNDERSTANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

666 has come a long way though. I need to incorporate a lot of those pressure strings, my offense is too predictable, I'm still playing 2010 street fighter.

Exactly what I thought. That cr.lp, cl.mk, cr.mk string was like wtf
    If you're talking about the teleport against that Ibuki then it was an obvious mistake cause by negative edge. Also that string wasn't cr. lp, cl. mk, cr. mk it was cr. lp, cl. mk, cr. lk. A pretty common string if you frame-trap with cl. mk.

• unwndunwnd Joined: Posts: 451

Some more 666 matches.
    ...and just like that I went from 666's number one hater to a fan. Dude has leveled up a shit-ton. So much delicious tech to steal.

• LayzzeyLayzzey Joined: Posts: 229
    The super in the Vega matchup@ 2:50 was nice.
  • GnW101GnW101 Joined: Posts: 41
    has anyone seen this ?[url=" youtu.be/KQLSmV0HL_g[/url]
  • gsxtacygsxtacy Killa Cam Joined: Posts: 1,552
    r.d.k wrote: »
    GnW101 wrote: »
    has anyone seen this ?[url=" youtu.be/KQLSmV0HL_g[/url]

a bad player vs bad players doing palm everytime?
    TVG: "Cammy is top tier and fuck you fuck you fuck you.

I hate the bitch. "
  • DustlooperDustlooper Jab FADC Joined: Posts: 988
    I'm unsure of what the video was trying to show. Meaty palm hits people? I dunno.
    Holy shit a projectile beating other moves. GAME BREAKING
  • GnW101GnW101 Joined: Posts: 41
    im unsure aswell just wanted to see if someone could make something of it tbh. is meaty palm good or something?
  • gsxtacygsxtacy Killa Cam Joined: Posts: 1,552
    GnW101 wrote: »
    im unsure aswell just wanted to see if someone could make something of it tbh. is meaty palm good or something?

TVG: "Cammy is top tier and fuck you fuck you fuck you.

I hate the bitch. "