Quick Reset Tutorial
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,090
    vs a friend

www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • bryarkbryark Joined: Posts: 31
    East wrote: »
    I stayed up all night, editing this. Hope someone finds it useful:
    Quick Reset Tutorial

i've been doing this reset since early 2012, but i use cl. mp rather than hp because there's a lot less hitstop so it's smoother

but it's still 100% dpable and they can easily jab or short you out of it the second time if they don't just do it the first time

it'll get you wins in ranked but it only works once or twice in a set

still a decent vid though
  • EastEast Break Through Joined: Posts: 901
    bryark wrote: »
    Quick Reset Tutorial

i've been doing this reset since early 2012, but i use cl. mp rather than hp because there's a lot less hitstop so it's smoother

but it's still 100% dpable and they can easily jab or short you out of it the second time if they don't just do it the first time

Something I didn't put in the video, is that by cancelling into the HK teleport instead of LK teleport you can safely bait most reversals/buttons

I've caught a lot of people when I did the mix-up the second time that way.

• gsxtacygsxtacy Killa Cam Joined: Posts: 1,552
    bryark wrote: »
    Quick Reset Tutorial

Something I didn't put in the video, is that by cancelling into the HK teleport instead of LK teleport you can safely bait most reversals/buttons

I've caught a lot of people when I did the mix-up the second time that way.

anyone with a decent cr.lk still hits yang even if you HK teleport
    TVG: "Cammy is top tier and fuck you fuck you fuck you.

I hate the bitch. "
  • markr155markr155 Joined: Posts: 21
    It's a reset that only works if your opponent is sleeping. I don't see any reason to do this over cl.mk and jump attack reset, since that actually translates into a real mix up
    (AU) Steam: yangr155, twitter @yangrrr
  • unwndunwnd Joined: Posts: 451
    Any Kyoku vids out there? I checked youtube and I found about 3 since Ultra dropped but he's ranked 7 overall in arcades so I thought there might be some with Japanese titles or something.
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 735
    Yeah, wish there were more Kyoku Ultra vids. It was great when he was uploading 2012 replays all the time. Looks like he's been playing a ton in arcades now.
  • Ryu_GoslingRyu_Gosling Joined: Posts: 50

totally worthless and probably old but just something i was messing with this weekend
  • flame1626flame1626 Joined: Posts: 52
    edited January 2015
    Couple of vids of Bao's Yang against top hk players like Humanbomb and Xiao Hai

is there any particular reason for him to use cr.lp, cr.lk, cr.lk as a hit confirm?
    Post edited by flame1626 on
  • KINGBROZENKINGBROZEN Sleepypants Joined: Posts: 202
    Good matches, and I've been using Cr. LP > Cr. LK as a hit-confirm lately as it seems great for tick throws and also blowing up crouch techs with walk backwards Cr. MK. Another Cr. LK added as another mix-up in there.
    Congrats to Bao for winning Canton Cup - really strong Yang play. He plays different than Japanese Yang's, some notes...

- Uses cr.lp, cr.lk, cr.lk as a hit confirm and OS sweep on wake up
    - Never really burns meter on launcher (never did launcher, launcher, DP or even launcher, j.HP reset) instead almost always going for fierce, DP or command grab
    - Uses command grab a lot, does it raw on opponents wake up
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,705
    c.lp c.lk is a much tighter frame trap than c.lk x3.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,131
    Hm in general it's a chain though
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,705
    You can change your timing to switch between chain and not. Done perfectly, it is still a true blockstring even without cancelling (c.lp is +3 on block)
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    cr.lp, cr.lk as a chain is really good to bait mashing (although down, down forward corner mashing will not get hit by it), also if they're mashing backdash, holding up or holding back or really anything other than crouch blocking they will get tagged by the cr.lk, people don't like Yang's pressure and since it can be pretty overwhelming people are often desperate not to block lol, especially if you condition them with occasional command grabs and you can tag them trying to get away. Throw in an OS cr.hk with the cr.lk and it's pretty strong.
  • ChewmandingaChewmandinga PSN XBL, UK: Chewmandinga Joined: Posts: 303
    Yo, new(ish) to Yang. I use him to cover Makoto's bad match-ups and wouldn't mind some feedback on here if that's coooooool.

Pretty buzzed I managed to pull off my first ever OS in this one, but I'll uploads some proper ones that need critique another time.
    Shoryuken needs to sort out these adverts.
    Just be careful with slashes x2. A lot of those were punishable by s.lp xx ball.

Likewise make sure you use heavier versions on hit. Except maybe for the final hit.
  • ll House llll House ll Divekickin' nigs since 2011 Joined: Posts: 54
    edited March 2015
    Chewmandinga: Ex rollkicks to punish blocked blanka balls, ultra 2 also punishes blocked balls clean. I generally prefer u2 in this match up but I did like the OS.

I have been using c.lp, c.lk as a string starter and must admit its the best thing I have included in my gameplay since picking up Yang. The amount of variation this allows is amazing. Too much to actually list. Can be a chain, delayed, lots of frametrap variations, after the c.lk you can divekick at a near perfect height, command grab. Not to mention the confirm is easier than the c.lp, c.mk link.

Only issue is it is less damaging, but the more times I have opened my opponent up far outweighs this.
    Post edited by ll House ll on
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,217

Day 1 Yang. Please critique. Some of my mistakes were due to just muscle memory (ex. doing a dive kick instead of a cross-up, dropping a mantis slash, etc...). Thanks.
    edited March 2015

Smug vs mago ft5

Match spoilers below
    Only japanese player smug beat lol and it's a good matchup for yang
  • LayzzeyLayzzey Joined: Posts: 229
  • KINGBROZENKINGBROZEN Sleepypants Joined: Posts: 202
    I've never played against top level Dudleys so maybe there's something I'm missing, but it feels like Mago was playing way too far away from Smug on the knockdowns, seemed scared.

Anyone who speaks French or Japanese know what they said at the beginning?
  • ranixranix Joined: Posts: 581
    just that he will not do with yang the same mistake he has done with feilong.

and that he was confident.

there is also a fight of mago against luffy during the kumite.

that Yao have very strong fundamental, but not so much to learn from him regarding set ups.

I wish Alioune was still playing, I am sure he has plenty of technology unknown yet.

I will try to make a video of small stuf I am starting to use more.
    bisous
    Thanks dude. Looking forward to the vids.
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,578
    What happened to kyoku or 666? Are there any tournament footages?
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    They're still playing but no footage afaik
  • Cows_say_meeeowCows_say_meeeow Joined: Posts: 83
    Kyoku is like #6 in the Arcade rankings right now. We just have no footage besides the ones already on YT a few months ago.
  • bboysanstormbboysanstorm Phong Cách Cọp Joined: Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SangerBanger 4D... xbl: sangief17
    www.youtube.com/Team4thDimension
    That awkward moment when secondary yangs are doing more optimized damage than yang mainers

Nice vid there, Reiketsu has some tech vs Ibuki I can steal. Also damn Ibuki's hurtbox is weird, so man fake crossups going on there although
    Oppoibuki dealt with them well.
    666 footage (I think, don't have the time to watch both matches yet)

• bboysanstormbboysanstorm Phong Cách Cọp Joined: Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SangerBanger 4D... xbl: sangief17
    www.youtube.com/Team4thDimension
    Mago bringing back old traitors?

He's still one of my favs.

• YWM8YWM8 Joined: Posts: 5
    I made a video.
    Maximum damage mode with Yang.

USF4: Yang
    SFxT: Vega x Lei
    Skullgirls: Big Band

Yooo pretty good random yang.
  • Cows_say_meeeowCows_say_meeeow Joined: Posts: 83
    Did anyone record the Mago vs Itabashi match? I'm really interested how he beat arguably the best Gief with Yang.

Also TGS had a lot of good Yang gameplay:

Mago vs Infiltration (Decapre)

Mago vs AiAi (Juri)

Kyoku vs Tokido (Akuma)

There's a good amount I missed I'm sure as well
  • shanoshano Joined: Posts: 284
    Yang 3F Safe Jump on Akuma, Evil Ryu, Oni, Ryu:
    Erm 7 days later but anyways: the hk teleport is punishable if they quick stand, by sweep, cr.mk, super, etc. Maybe even f.hp dunno.

There's a better setup if you immediate upforward mk OS lk teleport. Crossup is impossible or very difficult to autocorrect, if they don't quick stand do a up forward lk divekick after the teleport which hits as a fake crossup.
  • FatalFRAMEFatalFRAME Joined: Posts: 112
    Wow 3F safe jump?! Havn't played in a while or even checked the forums for that matter. Nice to see people are still sharing some yang tech at least.

I would like to share if anybody knows the Seie-Enbu dive kick loop midscreen? Not the T.hawk one of course.
  • FatalFRAMEFatalFRAME Joined: Posts: 112
    Yang Mid screen seie enbu divekick combo on ryu.