Seiei-Videu: Yang Video Thread

Comments

• GnW101GnW101 Joined: Posts: 41
    When i do the lk teleport i keep getting lk roll kick why is this
  • Cows say meeeowCows say meeeow Joined: Posts: 454
    SF4 input leniency I believe. I haven't tried these specific setups so Idk if this will work, but I generally wait less then a second then do lk teleport and it works
    GT- Cows say meeeow

Steam ID- Cows_say_meeeow
  • KINGBROZENKINGBROZEN Sleepypants Joined: Posts: 202
    You guys are being too practical, have a silly super combo.

I've actually been inspired to get back in the lab lately, maybe try to get some videos going.
  • ranixranix Joined: Posts: 581
    edited October 2014
    GnW101 wrote: »
    When i do the lk teleport i keep getting lk roll kick why is this

if you speak about my set up, you have to do the lk teleport as you did not cross up the opponent and as a OS. you have to do the lk teleport just after the jump mk while yang is still in the air.

if you speak generally, every tyme yang just get in the other side if you do the lk teleport command, just as said, due to the leniency you will always get the lk roll kick.

you just have to wait before doing the teleport... that really annoying.
    KINGBROZEN wrote: »
    You guys are being too practical, have a silly super combo.

I've actually been inspired to get back in the lab lately, maybe try to get some videos going.

if you really want to be effective with simple things...nothing new..

that last combo damage... just to put it in perspective, the full loop in the corner does 618 damage...

however this combo is character specific...

small video of the overhead combo during super done online.

so much damage...

having some fun lately with that overhead combo ;-)

Post edited by ranix on
    bisous
    Small video of corner set up with yang

all set up are done after a HK roll
    be careful as opponent can delay tech stand up.

set up work after mk mp palm hk roll or after st mk dash st mk dash hk roll

bisous
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,183
    I've been mentioning that for ages =(.

If you whiff cl.mp and neutral jump again it's another safejump. If you whiff cr.mp and forward jump mk it's a fake crossup. Vs ibuki if you immediately jump forward j.mk it's a fake crossup.

Of course delayed quick rise messes up with everything.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,388
    edited October 2014
    I still can't get that HK roll to work. Seems like it's frame perfect or some ridiculous shit.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    otori wrote: »
    I've been mentioning that for ages =(.

If you whiff cl.mp and neutral jump again it's another safejump. If you whiff cr.mp and forward jump mk it's a fake crossup. Vs ibuki if you immediately jump forward j.mk it's a fake crossup.

Of course delayed quick rise messes up with everything.

yes this is an old set up. the interesting part was that you can see if your opponent doesn t quick rise. then os cr hk for a meaty overhead set up.

Wasted wrote: »
    I still can't get that HK roll to work. Seems like it's frame perfect or some ridiculous shit.

all set up work after st mk dash st mk dash hk roll, so don t worry to much about the mp palm into h roll as part of the set up.

now the mp palm into h roll isn t that hard. you have to do the ml palm as fast as possible then wait for the end af the animation and do f, d, df f, so that the last forward happen just as ya recover from mp palm. then let yang walk forward and press hk.

bisous
    A minute after I posted, I managed to get it to work. I just wait for palm to end, then F, QCF.

• justdoitjustdoit Joined: Posts: 8
    Scan USF4 Invitational: Alioune (Yang) vs OMH (Oni)

Scan USF4 Invitational: Alioune (Juri/Yang) vs Andreas (Rufus)

Scan USF4 Invitational: Alioune (Yang) vs Pro Fluke (El Fuerte) - Losers Final
    USF4: Yang, Rose, Makoto
    SFA2&3: Sodom, Rose, Charlie
    Isshun Sengeki Cup - Ken (Momochi) vs. Yang (Mago)

Ultra Street Fighter IV Grand final hitpoint.fr TPL Ranix Vs Tyler Kitano

FS6 USF4 Winners Finals: Knuckledu (Dec) v. Her0 (Yan)

FS6 USF4 Losers Finals: Crespo (Box) v. Her0 (Yan)
  • Her0 of Tim3Her0 of Tim3 Kono shobu moratta! Joined: Posts: 986
    Lol, never expected my own videos to be up here without me posting them
    CFN: Mikaul SFV: Ryu/Juri KI: Sadira/Jago
    ahaha same for me , especially from a small online tournament lol.

not really proud of the level I am showing ahahah
    bisous
  • markr155markr155 Joined: Posts: 21
    ranix wrote: »
    ahaha same for me , especially from a small online tournament lol.

not really proud of the level I am showing ahahah

I respect the attempt at lk palm loop, well done regardless <3
    (AU) Steam: yangr155, twitter @yangrrr
    ahah, there is another tournament next week I wil hit the loop just for you ;-)
    bisous
  • IslandBoyIslandBoy Joined: Posts: 267
    So I haven't posted on these forums in a while. But I've still been around :D
    I played Chris G a couple times during my online session today and decided to upload them :)
    Warning: There's LOTS of "online" play in these matches haha.

He happened to be streaming at the time too. When I tried the OS U1 on his Makoto he said "clearly he didn't get the memo on Makoto's backdash".
    I thought he was close enough in the corner for it to work lol. No dash has low enough recovery frames (it'd have to be like 15 or something) to recover that fast. Wouldn't of tried it if it was clearer I was midscreen.

Critique is welcome :)

Oh, and I still am and may possibly always be free to Elena.

SFV: (Main) Vega (Alternates) Ken, Chun-Li
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Storm/Hawkeye (If I ever play this game again...)
    KOFXIV: I WANT THIS GAAAMMEE
    edited November 2014
    Final Hitpoint.fr 11/11/2014 Lior Vs TPL Ranix

Dat ending :'(

Hitpoint Tournoi 11th nov TPL | RaNiX vs LOCONTO BO3
    Post edited by justdoit on
    edited November 2014
    that ex shoryu hitting me durng my ultra ... was looking to time scam ...

but I really have trouble against sakura as I am so unconfident every time I do a rekka.
    so many whiff due to her hurt box... I love how they said that they adressed this issue in ultra but that it s still the same...

I will try to do better at tomorrow tournament.
    bisous
    day 1 yang omega combo

let me know what you think about it
    bisous
    edited December 2014
    You forgot EX Roll Kick into Ultra 2.

I didn t use any ultra in this video
    bisous
  • EastEast Break Through Joined: Posts: 901
    I stayed up all night, editing this. Hope someone finds it useful:
    Quick Reset Tutorial
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,219
    vs a friend

www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • bryarkbryark Joined: Posts: 31
    East wrote: »
    Quick Reset Tutorial

i've been doing this reset since early 2012, but i use cl. mp rather than hp because there's a lot less hitstop so it's smoother

but it's still 100% dpable and they can easily jab or short you out of it the second time if they don't just do it the first time

it'll get you wins in ranked but it only works once or twice in a set

still a decent vid though
  • EastEast Break Through Joined: Posts: 901
    bryark wrote: »
    Quick Reset Tutorial

i've been doing this reset since early 2012, but i use cl. mp rather than hp because there's a lot less hitstop so it's smoother

but it's still 100% dpable and they can easily jab or short you out of it the second time if they don't just do it the first time

Something I didn't put in the video, is that by cancelling into the HK teleport instead of LK teleport you can safely bait most reversals/buttons

I've caught a lot of people when I did the mix-up the second time that way.

• gsxtacygsxtacy Killa Cam Joined: Posts: 1,552
    bryark wrote: »
    Quick Reset Tutorial

Something I didn't put in the video, is that by cancelling into the HK teleport instead of LK teleport you can safely bait most reversals/buttons

I've caught a lot of people when I did the mix-up the second time that way.

anyone with a decent cr.lk still hits yang even if you HK teleport
    TVG: "Cammy is top tier and fuck you fuck you fuck you.

I hate the bitch. "
  • markr155markr155 Joined: Posts: 21
    It's a reset that only works if your opponent is sleeping. I don't see any reason to do this over cl.mk and jump attack reset, since that actually translates into a real mix up
    (AU) Steam: yangr155, twitter @yangrrr
  • unwndunwnd Joined: Posts: 452
    Any Kyoku vids out there? I checked youtube and I found about 3 since Ultra dropped but he's ranked 7 overall in arcades so I thought there might be some with Japanese titles or something.
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 855
    Yeah, wish there were more Kyoku Ultra vids. It was great when he was uploading 2012 replays all the time. Looks like he's been playing a ton in arcades now.
  • Ryu_GoslingRyu_Gosling Joined: Posts: 50

totally worthless and probably old but just something i was messing with this weekend
  • flame1626flame1626 Joined: Posts: 52
    edited January 2015
    Couple of vids of Bao's Yang against top hk players like Humanbomb and Xiao Hai

is there any particular reason for him to use cr.lp, cr.lk, cr.lk as a hit confirm?
    Post edited by flame1626 on
  • KINGBROZENKINGBROZEN Sleepypants Joined: Posts: 202
    Good matches, and I've been using Cr. LP > Cr. LK as a hit-confirm lately as it seems great for tick throws and also blowing up crouch techs with walk backwards Cr. MK. Another Cr. LK added as another mix-up in there.
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 855
    Congrats to Bao for winning Canton Cup - really strong Yang play. He plays different than Japanese Yang's, some notes...

- Uses cr.lp, cr.lk, cr.lk as a hit confirm and OS sweep on wake up
    - Never really burns meter on launcher (never did launcher, launcher, DP or even launcher, j.HP reset) instead almost always going for fierce, DP or command grab
    - Uses command grab a lot, does it raw on opponents wake up
    c.lp c.lk is a much tighter frame trap than c.lk x3.

Hm in general it's a chain though
    You can change your timing to switch between chain and not. Done perfectly, it is still a true blockstring even without cancelling (c.lp is +3 on block)

• unwndunwnd Joined: Posts: 452
    cr.lp, cr.lk as a chain is really good to bait mashing (although down, down forward corner mashing will not get hit by it), also if they're mashing backdash, holding up or holding back or really anything other than crouch blocking they will get tagged by the cr.lk, people don't like Yang's pressure and since it can be pretty overwhelming people are often desperate not to block lol, especially if you condition them with occasional command grabs and you can tag them trying to get away. Throw in an OS cr.hk with the cr.lk and it's pretty strong.
  • ChewmandingaChewmandinga PSN XBL, UK: Chewmandinga Joined: Posts: 303
    Yo, new(ish) to Yang. I use him to cover Makoto's bad match-ups and wouldn't mind some feedback on here if that's coooooool.

Pretty buzzed I managed to pull off my first ever OS in this one, but I'll uploads some proper ones that need critique another time.
    Shoryuken needs to sort out these adverts.
    Just be careful with slashes x2. A lot of those were punishable by s.lp xx ball.

Likewise make sure you use heavier versions on hit. Except maybe for the final hit.
  • ll House llll House ll Divekickin' nigs since 2011 Joined: Posts: 54
    edited March 2015
    Chewmandinga: Ex rollkicks to punish blocked blanka balls, ultra 2 also punishes blocked balls clean. I generally prefer u2 in this match up but I did like the OS.

I have been using c.lp, c.lk as a string starter and must admit its the best thing I have included in my gameplay since picking up Yang. The amount of variation this allows is amazing. Too much to actually list. Can be a chain, delayed, lots of frametrap variations, after the c.lk you can divekick at a near perfect height, command grab. Not to mention the confirm is easier than the c.lp, c.mk link.

Only issue is it is less damaging, but the more times I have opened my opponent up far outweighs this.
    Post edited by ll House ll on