Miami Thread - We were [ ] close to getting AE but then I woke up =(

Comments

• artarianartarian Joined: Posts: 106
    anyone planning on going to Final Round 15 in Atlanta? I have a SUV that can take 5 people total, meaning me + 4 people. Basically I am willing to drive the 11 hours if its more than just me going. So even if just one person wants to carpool, I am down. POST UP!
    so far i have 2 people confirmed to go with me. if we get 5 people total, then the cost of gas and the hotel will only be around $115ish each. post up and let me know. i need 2 more people. either post here, or facebook miami mgc group or text me at 512 553 5938
    Boogie Fever, Boogie Fever!
  • littlesushilittlesushi Joined: Posts: 827
    Repost, see you guys there.
    Where
    12045 S.W. 117 Ave., Miami, FL 33186
    Description
    February 4th 2012 - Arcade Odyssey - AO#1

This is the first tournament for the arcade.

Tournamnet line up will be:
    Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 - Standard two (2) out of three (3) games. Double elimination.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Standard two (2) out of three (3) games. Double elimination.

King Of Fighters 13 - Standard two (2) out of three (3) games. Double elimination.

All games will be played on the EVO monitor setups. There will be seven (7) setups for each game. All games will be played on xbox. Please bring your converter if needed, for any of you ps3 pad players.

It will be ten dollars ($10) to get in and ten dollars ($10) for each game going to the pot. First, second and third place will be paid. The split will be 70%, 20%, 10%.
    Registration will be between 5 to 6 PM. KOF will be first and start at 7 PM.

AO will also be changing out about five (5) different candy cabs to fighters for that day. Meaning, a game that is in the arcade now will be changed out for a fighter for that night. Remember that if you can think of the fighter, more than likely the owner has it. Guilty Gear Accent Core, SSF4 AE, Melty Blood and KOF 13 cabs will still be there to be played.

Just a few to think of –

• X-men vs Street Fighter
    • Capcom vs SNK 2
    • Capcom vs SNK 1
    • Marvel vs Capcom 2
    • Marvel vs Capcom 1
    • Children of the Atom
    • KOF 98
    • Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
    • Samurai Showdown (choose a version)
    • Street Fighter Alpha 1 – 3

The owner would also like to point out that he has something special for the event. A “special” show if you will, for the people that come out for the tournament.

This will be a bring your own controller event.

I would also like to point out that this is the last true arcade in Florida. Rocky's was closed down. All cabinets are the real deal. No xbox inside, no mame. The SS4AE cab is a true jap cab. KOF13 is the real deal. Melty Blood is the real deal. Please support to keep this place going. With enough support Florida could have it's very own SSF4 AE 2012 cab and we can become one of the major gaming hubs like NY, TX or Cali.

Please visit the facebook page for pictures of the arcade. This place is for everyone.
    http://www.facebook.com/arcadeodyssey

So please post up the suggestions for which game you would like to see be put in for the night. I hope to see a good amount of you guys. This will truly be dedicated to the fighters, so I hope you guys can come out and support.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via facebook of the arcade via facebook or 305-253-2722.
    I hate Ibuki.
  • HuggyBearHuggyBear Mr. Daytona Joined: Posts: 146
    Red Spark: eXpansion is here!

Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/357295460965663/
    SRK Tournament Page: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-umvc3-sfxt-and-more-daytona-beach-fl.154081/
    Pre-Registration Form: http://tinyurl.com/RedSparkeXpansionPreReg

Tournament level gaming continues with the next installment of Daytona Beach's premiere tournament series, Red Spark: eXpansion! Come out to Daytona Lagoon to test your skills in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend, King of Fighters XIII, Soul Calibur 5 and Mortal Kombat!
    I'm Commander HuggyBear, and this is my favorite forum on the internet
  • BunchiesBunchies Joined: Posts: 116
    This thread is so ridiculously dead. Jeez.
  • Walking0rgasmWalking0rgasm Joined: Posts: 236
    my barber told me they opened some new arcade in kendall.
    http://www.arcadeodyssey.com
    its on 120th street and 117 ave, apparently they got street fighter and UMVC3 as well as a bunch of old school games, kinda like the old Flippers, ill check it out later this week
  • Alex d00dAlex d00d Joined: Posts: 47
    You're 8 years late.
  • Walking0rgasmWalking0rgasm Joined: Posts: 236
    no you!

i thought they just opened that place?
  • MarianaMariana Joined: Posts: 2
    soooo... i'm from peru and i recently moved to aventura can anyone please tell me where i can play pump it up ex fiesta 2011 around here??i'm desperate i've been searching for a month now..i dont own a car so it has to be near...or at least that i can get by bus in an hour or so...i need an answer please please please!!!
    Not too sure if it's that's the version we have at our local arcade, but I know Arcade Odyssey has one, not sure if it's that exact version or not. Look up Arcade Odyssey on Facebook and post up there i'm sure Rick Medina (Owner) will be able to answer you. Hope that helps.
  • MarianaMariana Joined: Posts: 2
    yep i asked and they do have a pump it up...but its really far from aventura and im new in the usa so i dont know how to take a bus to get to the south...specifically to there X3
    Yeah I can't help you there, I don't know much of Florida's transportation system, I know it sucks and that's pretty much where it ends. Lol. Glad I could help dude.
  • SillenderSillender run stop short Joined: Posts: 288
    you'll be looking at a 2 hour and 30 minute bus ride from aventura from here, lol. like four transfers. Arcade Odyssey only has Pump It Up NX btw :< there has been talk about him upgrading to fiesta ex but nothing concrete yet. the pads are in perfect condition though, super responsive
  • littlesushilittlesushi Joined: Posts: 827
    yep i asked and they do have a pump it up...but its really far from aventura and im new in the usa so i dont know how to take a bus to get to the south...specifically to there X3
    Yooo, I'm Peruvian also. I'm sorry to say, but you have downgraded when it comes down to Pump it Up availability ;(

The closest PIU you have is probably the one in Hollywood. It's a PIU Fiesta (not 2011), and it's not in the best condition either. You should pass by on Wednesdays though because the games are half off so it ends up being around 50cents a game.

Dave & Buster's
    3000 Oakwood Boulevard
    Hollywood, FL 33020
    That's the address by the way. If you ever come down to Miami though, Arcade Oddyssey has an NX cabinet right now but let's just say it might be getting updated to something you've never seen before, and it might be soon ;)
    I hate Ibuki.
  • G1itchG1itch Premium Turtle! Joined: Posts: 337
    D2K - "You're saying if i'm better than you in 3s i can go and rape your mom or something and you're supposed to take it ..."

FlashMetroid - "I wonder what a midget's dick looks like?"

Av by Ben
  • JamrawkJamrawk Stylin' Joined: Posts: 256
    SOOOO I got a chance to interview some of the big names in the FGC last weekend at final round. I kept things light and just talked about their placing in the tournaments they entered, their thoughts on SfxT, and whether or not they like what MLG is doing with all of these new events.

The first batch of interviews are up now, and I got a chance to talk to Seth Killian, UltraChen, Arturo, Nerdjosh, iPeru, Skisonic, Sherryjenix, Scott Popular, Markman, and Clockwork. The second batch will include Spooky, Yipes, Noel Brown, and a few others.

The playlist can be found here:

Also I'll embed a few of the better interviews after the spoiler:

I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous talking to Seth Killian and a few others but I tried to keep things laid back and let the guys talk about whatever was on their mind at the time.

Hope you guys like it
    "Fighters keep fighting."
  • Negro JusticeNegro Justice Hate. Joined: Posts: 1,980
    Hey what's up guys? Just wanted to stop through and post up the info for the 2012 EVO Midwest Championships (MWC). That's right, we are an EVO qualifier this year, and are looking to make this the biggest MWC yet!

This year's MWC will be held in Nashville, TN. Specifically at the South's premier arcade, Game Galaxy, which is owned and operated by OG tournament player and veteran game collector Jason "DreamTR" Wilson!

All of the info on location, fees, and scheduling, is contained in the tournament thread, so I won't make this post overcrowded by including it all here:

SRK Tournament thread - http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-june-22-24-2012-3-days-of-antioch-tn.152079/

Be sure to RSVP at the Facebook event page - http://www.facebook.com/events/100263760101160/

Also, follow Dream, Game Galaxy, and your Main Tournament staff on Twitter:

Jason "DreamTR" Wilson - Twitter @DreamTR
    Richard "SlowJamzMixTape" Smith - Twitter @dbxbeat
    Chris "Negro Justice" Brown - Twitter @NegroJustice
    Brandon "GoldenOreos" Brocius - @CMK_GoldenOreos
    Jonathan "Milln" Conaway - Twitter @DPOnWakeup

One additional note - there are some upcoming TN events in which you will have the opportunity to secure favorable seeding for MWC:

The first is our "Games for Autism Speaks" event that is being held jointly with the Tennessee Chapter of The Modified Dolls. It will take place on Saturday, April 28, 2012, starting at 12pm. Facebook event page here - http://www.facebook.com/events/272080749529275/. Follow TN Dolls on twitter - @TNdolls

The second is an event being organized by our good friend, OG Marvel 2 player, and the hypest commentator in the South, Jose "DGAGodlikeRushdown" Santiago! A lot of you saw and heard him do his thing at Final Round XV! You haven't seen anything till you come kick it with us in TN! "Memphis Bawse Battles" will take place on May 26th in Memphis, TN. Follow Jose on twitter - @DGAGdlkRushdown; and Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/GodlikeRushdown to stay current on his events!

The TOP FIVE placers at these events will get byes or double byes (depending on turnout) in their respective games at MWC. So, doing well here gets you one step closer to those sought after EVO points!

Finally guys, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE to contact the tournament staff, the arcade, post in the tournament or TN thread, send us smoke signals, carrier pigeons, etc for ANY questions you have. We are here to help and want to make this event huge as it's the last qualifier before EVO.

Thanks guys!
    A Million Watts of Power.
    I'm not a killer but some-a y'all gotta be killed, this ain't the lottery chill / Anthropology still couldn't analyze my pottery...STILL - Kool A.D.
  • SephiVASephiVA Fighting Game Fanatic Joined: Posts: 16
    I live in Pembroke Pines and am looking for a scene. Not sure which thread I should be looking at though lol

I play Tekken, Street Fighter X Tekken and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. (I don't like SFIV though)
  • Surge101Surge101 Joined: Posts: 115
    I'm in Pembroke Pines as well, also wondering where the "scene" is around here.
    You have 3 places to choose from, you have Final Round Arcade, and Arcade Odyssey in Miami then you have Zero Ping Lan Center in Broward.

Take your pick.
  • Surge101Surge101 Joined: Posts: 115
    All three spots are pretty popular? I heard Mondays is the best night for ZP, what about the other spots?
  • Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 654
    Yeah Monday's are really popular at zp. And I'm going to try to get something started on Thursday or Friday if nobody else will.
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
    Zero Ping- Mondays
    Final Round Arcade- Tuesdays
    Arcade Odyssey- We run Bi-weekly ranbats here on Thursday. This Thursday we will be having one, so show up!

I don't have access here at work, but we also have a Miami FGC group on Facebook where we all talk shit and decide where to play on the off days.
  • Nintendochad64Nintendochad64 Nyghtmare Boostah!! Joined: Posts: 127
    Yeah Monday's are really popular at zp. And I'm going to try to get something started on Thursday or Friday if nobody else will.
    Hey Green Ace, if you're going to get something started it's better you try for Friday since as far as I know there are no events running on those days.
    Juicebox: We should change 'footsies' to 'Booties'.
    Mikon: that is discrimatory to the shoe-impaired characters.
    A night at Peaceful Jay's Colosseum...
  • Lord KnightLord Knight MONEY. WOMEN. POWER. Joined: Posts: 242
    Hi I'm in Miami until March 31st, anyone want to hit buttons? I play most games~
  • nothingxsnothingxs EVO Head TO Joined: Posts: 1,688
    Rarely anyone posts here anymore. Try bugging specific people on Facebook.
    Hi I'm in Miami until March 31st, anyone want to hit buttons? I play most games~
    are you lord knight the melty blood player?? :0
    there's a tourney tomorrow at AO
    http://www.facebook.com/events/224390127659315/
    but i'm assuming you'll probably be gone by then
  • TetsuTetsu 大胎児 Joined: Posts: 130

damn, def would have liked a runback in vsav.
  • GregGreg Joined: Posts: 32
    Zero Ping- Mondays
    Final Round Arcade- Tuesdays
    Arcade Odyssey- We run Bi-weekly ranbats here on Thursday. This Thursday we will be having one, so show up!

I don't have access here at work, but we also have a Miami FGC group on Facebook where we all talk shit and decide where to play on the off days.
    You just posted what i needed, I signed up for CEO and i want to get as much training as possible. I will see if i can make it out to these as much as possible.
  • MiaMannyMiaManny Joined: Posts: 127
    dead
    The Best there is, the best there was, and the best that there ever will be

"Brett The Hitman Heart"
  • GuruofGreatnessGuruofGreatness Real Talk Headstomp Joined: Posts: 424
    Another facebook victim lol.
    You can't money match him money matching him is like money matching a gun you'll get shot. -Emminett to Jebaily
  • TygerTyger Tournament Director Joined: Posts: 186
    It's been so long since I've been on here, but it's obvious people still frequent it so I must promote my upcoming tournament:

Storm Underground 5: Memories
    Saturday, May 26, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/may-20-2012-storm-underground-5-jacksonville-fl-ae-2012-umvc3-sfxt-orange-park-fl.160590/

Hope to see you guys there!
    Storm Unity: http://stormunity.com
    Jacksonville Fighting Game Community: http://www.facebook.com/groups/JaxFGC/
  • ShinGouki00ShinGouki00 The Scrubster Joined: Posts: 580
    soooo... i'm from peru and i recently moved to aventura can anyone please tell me where i can play pump it up ex fiesta 2011 around here??i'm desperate i've been searching for a month now..i dont own a car so it has to be near...or at least that i can get by bus in an hour or so...i need an answer please please please!!!

perucho!

I think AO has one but that's already 45 min away from you.
    warning: do not feed miami trolls
  • PoltergustPoltergust Joined: Posts: 845
    Uh, I'm back in Miami for the summer and I was wondering... who is going to CEO next week?
    Brawl/UMvC3 player here. Yup...
  • sighrAxsighrAx ohlawdmyfightmoney: Joined: Posts: 19
    Sigh, here goes nothing.
    Looking to catch a last minute ride to CEO since mine completely fell through.

Call/text 561-706-3189
  • fizzuckerfizzucker Joined: Posts: 7
    So there will be two post-EVO Marvel tournaments coming up in the Greater Miami area for those of you interested:

Arcade Odyssey is holding one on July 20th, providing that at least 30 people enter into the fray.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/374813112572959/

Also, CBT college is holding it's Lanbash event at the James L Knight center on July 28th. Marvel is the only fighting game being played there, but there are tourneys for Modern Warfare 3, LoL, & Starcraft 2 for those interested.
    http://www.cbtlanbash.com/
  • GuiltyGearX104GuiltyGearX104 Just Bring It... Joined: Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm looking for someone in the Miami area to flash an Xbox 360 Slim from LT 2.0 to 3.0. It's just a flash update and I wanted a fair price. Thanks in advance!
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Zero/Magneto/Taskmaster
    SSF4 - Rufus / Makoto / Dudley
    Tekken 6 - Bob / Lars / Leo
    Street Fighter X TEKKEN - Rufus/King
  • NpredanNpredan Joined: Posts: 8
    I live in Miami right by Metro Zoo and would love to get some casuals at my house. Who knows maybe some money matches? I am free on Sundays and was tired of playing my 3 friends on marvel. If you are interested let me know. It's a lot of fun and we get to level up.
    Is this every Sunday? I work this week, but a place to chill and play games in Kendall would be sweet.

In other news, shoutouts to getting 30 confirms on Facebook for the Arcade Odyssey tournament on Friday. Should be good times.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-20-2012-umvc3-tournament-at-arcade-odyssey-miami-fl.164015/
  • NpredanNpredan Joined: Posts: 8
    Every Sunday! Trying to get a little fight club going.
    Sunday Night Fights!
    I would love for that to happen!! Hit me up
  • thearm05thearm05 Joined: Posts: 91
    Looks like I may just be dredging a dead thread but I might as well ask.

Anyone in the Ft.Lauderdale/Miami area going to be getting into P4A when it releases? I am really hype for the game and I am looking for some local competition since I just moved back from college to the area.
  • eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575
    Looks like I may just be dredging a dead thread but I might as well ask.

Anyone in the Ft.Lauderdale/Miami area going to be getting into P4A when it releases? I am really hype for the game and I am looking for some local competition since I just moved back from college to the area.
    We're actually going to ZP today to play P4A o.o; Come through? The address is in the Ft. Lauderdale thread (front page).
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
  • thearm05thearm05 Joined: Posts: 91
    We're actually going to ZP today to play P4A o.o; Come through? The address is in the Ft. Lauderdale thread (front page).

Oh really what time are you guys playing? I'll try and stop by for a bit for sure.

Also where do you guys coordinate events and stuff? Obviously its not here lol.
    Everyone is a Facebook monster now. The Miami area is definitely active. Just not on SRK. Message me your FB info and I'll add you to the group.
  • Tevin T@lB@iNTevin T@lB@iN The Wandering Warrior Joined: Posts: 9
    Hey guys, I went to visit Miami at the end of June and found out about Arcade Odyssey. This arcade has an AE machine, as well as many other great titles like Guilty Gear XX Accent Core and Capcom Vs. SNK 2. They host tournaments as well and its a all around legitimate place to meet new players. If you all want more info, here's their webstie:

http://arcadeodyssey.com/

All of their contact info, as well as location on on the site. I hope to see you all there once I make my way back to Miami!
    AE: Guy/Ibuki
    KOF: Yuri/K'/Andy
    Blazblue: Valkenhayn
    In before lock!
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    484551_393017160751765_2144215584_n.jpg

Just so those who are SRK only don't miss out on this event.
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    Hello, my name is Chris and I am a King of Fighters player playing out of the Orlando area.
    Very recently, central Florida KoF has been struggling with attendance at events. A tournament in Altimonte was cancelled this week because we couldn't even put together an eight man bracket. Two weeks ago in Tampa wasn't much better, we drew eleven.
    That got some of the locals to talking about what we might do to save this game before it disappears outright. The conclusion we came to was that we need to network a lot better. Get central Florida on the same page as north and south Florida. Be willing to travel. Basically turn the smaller local scenes into one big Florida scene.

Most of central Florida's communication is done through Facebook, and if that's the case here, if you could give me some names of the local KoF players I'd appreciate it greatly. If not, I will be stopping by the regional boards occasionally, more often closer to events, and I encourage you guys to do the same.

Thank you.
    snip
    Good luck with this >.> Our best player is probably Job Figueroa -- Flocker. The other KoF players or player is one of the twins that went up to Central Florida~ (Top 8 at CEO) Jaime? Carlos? Jose? I forget his name -_-; I think they took another one up there as well. Maybe someone else in the Miami board can help you out on that.