Miami Thread - We were [ ] close to getting AE but then I woke up =(

1141516171820»

Comments

• NpredanNpredan Joined: Posts: 8
    Hey this is a friendly reminder that we are still playing every Sunday at my house. This is strictly UMVC3 though.
    If you are interested please let me know through messages or on this thread.
    We have 5 guys so far. Come bring us a challenge or level up with us!!
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    Played Flocker this weekend. It's kind of disappointing to see how much better he was than most of our players. Had he actually showed up in time for KoF, he was definitely getting paid.

Worse still is it totally slipped my mind to exchange information with him at the time.
  • eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575
    Played Flocker this weekend. It's kind of disappointing to see how much better he was than most of our players. Had he actually showed up in time for KoF, he was definitely getting paid.

Worse still is it totally slipped my mind to exchange information with him at the time.
    -_-; It hurts to see KoF get so little play =\ Hopefully you guys get to grow by CEO or FR next year~
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
  • Carson LiCarson Li KevinTempura Joined: Posts: 6
    anybody in miami still play 3s?
  • Fighting Games FTWFighting Games FTW Joined: Posts: 2
    Has anyone here been to this arcade? It's only been open about a year, and it's already been highly rated by a lot of reviewers. It won NewTimes Miami's Best Arcade 2012.
    I know I, as a frequent goer, love this arcade and I hope it lasts a long time. A lot of arcades in the area have been closing down. It sucks that the arcade scene is doing so poor. Arcades are awesome places to meet new people and play with other gamers.
    The only other arcade that I know that is still open down here is Final Round.
    Website - http://www.arcadeodyssey.com/
  • Ae86miamiAe86miami Joined: Posts: 2
    What's up guys, haven't been on here for a long time. I use to play at flippers in Kendall back in the days. I play sf4 3rd strike and use to play cvs2. Me and a friend of mine are looking to play some matches in person as in get togethers or something. LMK thanks. 786 419 5957 or leave a message here
  • ShinGouki00ShinGouki00 The Scrubster Joined: Posts: 580
    carlos?!?!
    warning: do not feed miami trolls
  • Kte_PKte_P Ultra_Pat Joined: Posts: 27
    I'm in Miami; if there's someone looking for casuals either in the downtown area or South Beach PM me...
    Currently housed a block away from Barry University/ Miami Shores...
    Go hard or go home...."Small fish fry"
    GT:Pat33able...
  • Ae86miamiAe86miami Joined: Posts: 2
    carlos?!?!

Yeah who's this? If u know me u may know my friend richard
    This is Mario from Flipper's
  • alfFENIXalfFENIX Joined: Posts: 4
    this thread seems a bit dead but I'll post anyway~
    I'm looking for a fighting scene in Miami to hang out with other fighters and maybe some of ya'll can help me get better. I've seen some places on here that were posted and am wondering if they're still active. Hook me up with the info please!

btw, I'm a SF4 player and just recently got into KOF and really digging KOF13!
    Look for the ultimate miami fgc group on facebook
  • D0uBT_KoFD0uBT_KoF Joined: Posts: 8
    <~~ Miami Player here... Whats up with everybody? I stay in the Kendall Area (by Country Walk) ... Any KoF players?
  • moomoomomomoomoomomo Joined: Posts: 1
    Midtown here. SSF4AE & 3S
  • MarveloMarvelo Oh, it's on now. Joined: Posts: 1,599
    Join here for a more active discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/523421757701605/
    Zero/Doom/Strider | Storm/Strange/Dante | Nova/Doom/Strider | Wesker/Storm/Akuma
    Xbox Live: Marvelo SRK
    Twitter: @MarveloMcfly
    "He's a nice guy, but a slimy player."
  • sephiroth9015sephiroth9015 Joined: Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    Hey you guys, we're doing streaming down in Hollywood Florida Monday and Thursday nights between 8-12. Stop on by to Flippers Cinema or stop by on the stream at www.twitch.tv/soflofgc
    Post edited by sephiroth9015 on
    www.twitch.tv/soflofgc
    Hey you guys, we're streaming right now. Going to start a UMVC3 tournament soon with Marvelo.
  • Frogman21Frogman21 Frog Splash Joined: Posts: 16
    Flippers still a movie Theater? Last time I was there the lobby was a small arcade and the Initial D was always packed and people were hustling at the pool tables.
    Destiny... It has brought you here. To die!
    Onifinal.jpg
    Frogman21 wrote: »
    Flippers still a movie Theater? Last time I was there the lobby was a small arcade and the Initial D was always packed and people were hustling at the pool tables.

They made a 360 gameroom and have over 40 setups.
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    www.twitch.tv/soflofgc
    Streaming some SSFIV AE
  • xeikaixeikai Joined: Posts: 51
    I'm in broward and i'm looking for a scene close to my house, Miami is a bit of a drive to visit regularly, So i'm wondering if the scene at flippers is good, Zero ping is gone unfortunately and it's where i went a few times before.
    Thursday night. We got that stream up and running again. www.twitch.tv/soflofgc
    xeikai wrote: »
    I'm in broward and i'm looking for a scene close to my house, Miami is a bit of a drive to visit regularly, So i'm wondering if the scene at flippers is good, Zero ping is gone unfortunately and it's where i went a few times before.

• Juniorv376Juniorv376 Keep Moving Forward Joined: Posts: 257
    edited December 2013
    Edit: NVM, got it.
    Post edited by Juniorv376 on
  • Kat_FortuneKat_Fortune Jumpin the Sharknado Joined: Posts: 26
    To anybody interested in arcadeodyssey.com/, they have lots of great cabinets such as SSFIV AE, CVS2, GGXXAC, KI2, Melty Blood:AACC, Power Stone 2, Punch Mania 2 - Fist of the North Star / Hokuto No Ken 2, Third strike, SF Zero 3, Tekken Tag Tournament, and The Rumble Fish 2. They aslo have Japnese modded consoles with all the latest console games. Heck, there are even arcade stick rentals, the problem is you have to buy a tourney but it is 10$ plus whatever amount people put in the pot. I think this could be the big arcade of South Florida soon if the community can come together.
  • ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    Ok for those that have called the hotel to reserve the normal double bed rooms under the FR17 group rate $93(normally $120) and there are sold out so let me see if I can get some more rooms added! I TOLD Y'ALL THEY WOULD START GOING FAST! Give me some time and i'll call the hotel tomorrow morning to try and get more hotel rooms open for the FR17 group. If I can get more rooms added to the group you better reserve them when you can! We are probably going to book the whole hotel full of FR17 peeps! Also be advised that all rooms under the FR group rate will receive free wifi throughout your stay at FR17!

"As of right now only rooms available online for the FR discounted rate are the following:"

1 king bed = $93 per night- normally $119
    2 double bed executive floor= $119 per night- normally $150
    1 king bed executive floor= $113 per night- normally $150
    1 king junior suite= $133 per night-normally $245 ask Tray "Iceman" because this is what they tried to charge him per night without the FR group rate!"

If I can gets some more rooms make sure you grab them at https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=10704122

There's only 18 days until online registration is closed so you need to get that badge asap to save $10 on your badges. Register online for FINAL ROUND XVII and save $10 off the badge. Go to http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm to sign up for the games/badges so we can make pools well in advance.
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
  • nothingxsnothingxs EVO Head TO Joined: Posts: 1,688
    I'm kind of amazed this thread is still alive.
    edited March 2014
    nothingxs wrote: »
    I'm kind of amazed this thread is still alive.

It wasn't.
  • MosqueMosque Life Joined: Posts: 395
    Hey ppl! I've had the idea of making a arcade and gaming area from my home. I've got a couple of cabs and tv setups and wanted to see if ppl were interested in coming over (for a cost of course but cheap!) and certain day(s) out of the week come over n play. I've got old school shit, new shit. whatever from super turbo, CvS2 to SF4. Even project justice! basically I don't want a roommate and rather do this instead. it'd be in the miami shores area. anyone?
    " THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING IN THE SENSE YOUR SON PROBABLY LOOKED LIKE PUDDING WHEN HE WAS HIT BY THAT CAR"
  • swegsweg Joined: Posts: 2
    Aye im in downtown/brickell area, does anyone know of an arcade that isnt 30 miles away which has some decent fighters?
    No such thing exists. Your best bet is Arcade Odyssey in Kendall.
    edited April 2014
    There's already an arcade in Miami that people go to on Tuesdays and occasionally on the weekends for tournaments. For the cost of playing there for the entire day ($5) and getting full access to the ~7+ setups + CvS2, it's probably worth more to get together there instead.

Also, Miami Shores is far as fuck from most everyone except maybe some of the Broward cats.

In summary: you should come out to the stuff we have going on already instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. And get a roommate. :)
    Oh yes I'm familar with all that. Just thought for the north miami ppl could go here. Idk. I gave up already lol. I've been to final round and that's far for ppl in my area. But I do know it's better to do something with Facebook as these local threads on srk are dead.. Rip....
    " THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING IN THE SENSE YOUR SON PROBABLY LOOKED LIKE PUDDING WHEN HE WAS HIT BY THAT CAR"
  • predac0npredac0n Joined: Posts: 5
    nothingxs wrote: »
    No such thing exists. Your best bet is Arcade Odyssey in Kendall.

Do they have an active FGC I could jump into? I'm looking to jump in like a rookie.
  • EnkilEnkil Joined: Posts: 3
    Hello FGC,

I'm planning a Godlike tournament in Miami for the Spring of 2015. It would payout approximately $7,000 for USF4 and $4000 for Smash Bros. Wii U. This would be payed out to the Top 16 in each game. I'd like to gauge the FGC's interest before I commit to this endeavor.

I want to make this happen! Give me some feedback, i.e. numbers that I should expect, entry fee for the event, corporate sponsors, venues, after party locations, etc. Miami is amazing! Let me know what would take this to a new level.

Thank you,
    Frank Fernandez
  • EnkilEnkil Joined: Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    Don't be shy folks. Tell me what you guys would like to see.
    Post edited by Enkil on
  • KinetiKKinetiK XBL: KinetiK001 Joined: Posts: 905
    Enkil wrote: »
    Hello FGC,

I'm planning a Godlike tournament in Miami for the Spring of 2015. It would payout approximately $7,000 for USF4 and $4000 for Smash Bros. Wii U. This would be payed out to the Top 16 in each game. I'd like to gauge the FGC's interest before I commit to this endeavor.

I want to make this happen! Give me some feedback, i.e. numbers that I should expect, entry fee for the event, corporate sponsors, venues, after party locations, etc. Miami is amazing! Let me know what would take this to a new level.

Thank you,
    Frank Fernandez

You should post this in the South Florida Fighting Game Community group on Facebook (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/523421757701605/), you will get a lot more responses there. Miami has a pretty active community but no one posts on SRK anymore.

I would definitely go a tournament like this.
    A severed foot is the perfect stocking stuffer.
    http://www.last.fm/user/KinetiK01
  • ax0rax0r alpha 3 fiend Joined: Posts: 618
    Wow, a 4 year old miami thread... Thats how u know the scene is dead. They used to force us to make new threads every month lol. Hope you are all having a blessed life since our last sesh. The weed in the PNW is fire
    edited August 2015
    sorry for elena healing this thread but anyone in miami looking for candy cabs? I'm selling minez
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,771
    This thread seems dead but I'll post anyway,

Anyone looking to carpool up to Final Round? If I can find a group I would have no issue renting a car and splitting the cost in gas to drive up. If not I'm just going to fly. I'm in the Boca area btw.

Also SFV tourney in Hollywood the Saturday of release if anyone is interested.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus

Anyone looking to carpool up to Final Round? If I can find a group I would have no issue renting a car and splitting the cost in gas to drive up. If not I'm just going to fly. I'm in the Boca area btw.

Holy shit people still post in here >.>

Come find us on Facebook yo. We've been there exclusively for years~

• Juniorv376Juniorv376 Keep Moving Forward Joined: Posts: 257
    eiSH wrote: »

Holy shit people still post in here >.>

Come find us on Facebook yo. We've been there exclusively for years~

This place use to be popping all the time. Now it's like a wasteland. :/

But the Facekbook works better IMO, been working well so far.

• NewGuy101NewGuy101 Joined: Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    Miami?
    Post edited by NewGuy101 on