Miami Thread - We were [ ] close to getting AE but then I woke up =(

Comments

• Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 654
    Yeah Monday's are really popular at zp. And I'm going to try to get something started on Thursday or Friday if nobody else will.
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
  • Alex d00dAlex d00d Joined: Posts: 47
    Zero Ping- Mondays
    Final Round Arcade- Tuesdays
    Arcade Odyssey- We run Bi-weekly ranbats here on Thursday. This Thursday we will be having one, so show up!

I don't have access here at work, but we also have a Miami FGC group on Facebook where we all talk shit and decide where to play on the off days.
  • Nintendochad64Nintendochad64 Nyghtmare Boostah!! Joined: Posts: 127
    Yeah Monday's are really popular at zp. And I'm going to try to get something started on Thursday or Friday if nobody else will.
    Hey Green Ace, if you're going to get something started it's better you try for Friday since as far as I know there are no events running on those days.
    Juicebox: We should change 'footsies' to 'Booties'.
    Mikon: that is discrimatory to the shoe-impaired characters.
    A night at Peaceful Jay's Colosseum...
  • Lord KnightLord Knight MONEY. WOMEN. POWER. Joined: Posts: 242
    Hi I'm in Miami until March 31st, anyone want to hit buttons? I play most games~
  • nothingxsnothingxs EVO Head TO Joined: Posts: 1,688
    Rarely anyone posts here anymore. Try bugging specific people on Facebook.
  • SillenderSillender run stop short Joined: Posts: 290
    Hi I'm in Miami until March 31st, anyone want to hit buttons? I play most games~
    are you lord knight the melty blood player?? :0
  • SillenderSillender run stop short Joined: Posts: 290
    there's a tourney tomorrow at AO
    http://www.facebook.com/events/224390127659315/
    but i'm assuming you'll probably be gone by then
  • TetsuTetsu 大胎児 Joined: Posts: 130

damn, def would have liked a runback in vsav.
  • GregGreg Joined: Posts: 32
    Zero Ping- Mondays
    Final Round Arcade- Tuesdays
    Arcade Odyssey- We run Bi-weekly ranbats here on Thursday. This Thursday we will be having one, so show up!

I don't have access here at work, but we also have a Miami FGC group on Facebook where we all talk shit and decide where to play on the off days.
    You just posted what i needed, I signed up for CEO and i want to get as much training as possible. I will see if i can make it out to these as much as possible.
  • MiaMannyMiaManny Joined: Posts: 127
    dead
    The Best there is, the best there was, and the best that there ever will be

"Brett The Hitman Heart"
  • GuruofGreatnessGuruofGreatness Real Talk Headstomp Joined: Posts: 424
    Another facebook victim lol.
    You can't money match him money matching him is like money matching a gun you'll get shot. -Emminett to Jebaily
  • TygerTyger Tournament Director Joined: Posts: 186
    It's been so long since I've been on here, but it's obvious people still frequent it so I must promote my upcoming tournament:

Storm Underground 5: Memories
    Saturday, May 26, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/may-20-2012-storm-underground-5-jacksonville-fl-ae-2012-umvc3-sfxt-orange-park-fl.160590/

Hope to see you guys there!
    Storm Unity: http://stormunity.com
    Jacksonville Fighting Game Community: http://www.facebook.com/groups/JaxFGC/
  • ShinGouki00ShinGouki00 The Scrubster Joined: Posts: 580
    soooo... i'm from peru and i recently moved to aventura can anyone please tell me where i can play pump it up ex fiesta 2011 around here??i'm desperate i've been searching for a month now..i dont own a car so it has to be near...or at least that i can get by bus in an hour or so...i need an answer please please please!!!

perucho!

I think AO has one but that's already 45 min away from you.
    warning: do not feed miami trolls
  • PoltergustPoltergust Joined: Posts: 845
    Uh, I'm back in Miami for the summer and I was wondering... who is going to CEO next week?
    Brawl/UMvC3 player here. Yup...
  • sighrAxsighrAx ohlawdmyfightmoney: Joined: Posts: 19
    Sigh, here goes nothing.
    Looking to catch a last minute ride to CEO since mine completely fell through.

Call/text 561-706-3189
  • fizzuckerfizzucker Joined: Posts: 7
    So there will be two post-EVO Marvel tournaments coming up in the Greater Miami area for those of you interested:

Arcade Odyssey is holding one on July 20th, providing that at least 30 people enter into the fray.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/374813112572959/

Also, CBT college is holding it's Lanbash event at the James L Knight center on July 28th. Marvel is the only fighting game being played there, but there are tourneys for Modern Warfare 3, LoL, & Starcraft 2 for those interested.
    http://www.cbtlanbash.com/
  • GuiltyGearX104GuiltyGearX104 Just Bring It... Joined: Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm looking for someone in the Miami area to flash an Xbox 360 Slim from LT 2.0 to 3.0. It's just a flash update and I wanted a fair price. Thanks in advance!
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Zero/Magneto/Taskmaster
    SSF4 - Rufus / Makoto / Dudley
    Tekken 6 - Bob / Lars / Leo
    Street Fighter X TEKKEN - Rufus/King
  • NpredanNpredan Joined: Posts: 8
    I live in Miami right by Metro Zoo and would love to get some casuals at my house. Who knows maybe some money matches? I am free on Sundays and was tired of playing my 3 friends on marvel. If you are interested let me know. It's a lot of fun and we get to level up.
    Is this every Sunday? I work this week, but a place to chill and play games in Kendall would be sweet.

In other news, shoutouts to getting 30 confirms on Facebook for the Arcade Odyssey tournament on Friday. Should be good times.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-20-2012-umvc3-tournament-at-arcade-odyssey-miami-fl.164015/
    Every Sunday! Trying to get a little fight club going.
    Sunday Night Fights!
    I would love for that to happen!! Hit me up
  • thearm05thearm05 Joined: Posts: 91
    Looks like I may just be dredging a dead thread but I might as well ask.

Anyone in the Ft.Lauderdale/Miami area going to be getting into P4A when it releases? I am really hype for the game and I am looking for some local competition since I just moved back from college to the area.
  • eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575
    Looks like I may just be dredging a dead thread but I might as well ask.

Anyone in the Ft.Lauderdale/Miami area going to be getting into P4A when it releases? I am really hype for the game and I am looking for some local competition since I just moved back from college to the area.
    We're actually going to ZP today to play P4A o.o; Come through? The address is in the Ft. Lauderdale thread (front page).
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
  • thearm05thearm05 Joined: Posts: 91
    We're actually going to ZP today to play P4A o.o; Come through? The address is in the Ft. Lauderdale thread (front page).

Oh really what time are you guys playing? I'll try and stop by for a bit for sure.

Also where do you guys coordinate events and stuff? Obviously its not here lol.
    Everyone is a Facebook monster now. The Miami area is definitely active. Just not on SRK. Message me your FB info and I'll add you to the group.
  • Tevin T@lB@iNTevin T@lB@iN The Wandering Warrior Joined: Posts: 9
    Hey guys, I went to visit Miami at the end of June and found out about Arcade Odyssey. This arcade has an AE machine, as well as many other great titles like Guilty Gear XX Accent Core and Capcom Vs. SNK 2. They host tournaments as well and its a all around legitimate place to meet new players. If you all want more info, here's their webstie:

http://arcadeodyssey.com/

All of their contact info, as well as location on on the site. I hope to see you all there once I make my way back to Miami!
    AE: Guy/Ibuki
    KOF: Yuri/K'/Andy
    Blazblue: Valkenhayn
    In before lock!
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    484551_393017160751765_2144215584_n.jpg

Just so those who are SRK only don't miss out on this event.
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    Hello, my name is Chris and I am a King of Fighters player playing out of the Orlando area.
    Very recently, central Florida KoF has been struggling with attendance at events. A tournament in Altimonte was cancelled this week because we couldn't even put together an eight man bracket. Two weeks ago in Tampa wasn't much better, we drew eleven.
    That got some of the locals to talking about what we might do to save this game before it disappears outright. The conclusion we came to was that we need to network a lot better. Get central Florida on the same page as north and south Florida. Be willing to travel. Basically turn the smaller local scenes into one big Florida scene.

Most of central Florida's communication is done through Facebook, and if that's the case here, if you could give me some names of the local KoF players I'd appreciate it greatly. If not, I will be stopping by the regional boards occasionally, more often closer to events, and I encourage you guys to do the same.

Thank you.
    snip
    Good luck with this >.> Our best player is probably Job Figueroa -- Flocker. The other KoF players or player is one of the twins that went up to Central Florida~ (Top 8 at CEO) Jaime? Carlos? Jose? I forget his name -_-; I think they took another one up there as well. Maybe someone else in the Miami board can help you out on that.
    Hey this is a friendly reminder that we are still playing every Sunday at my house. This is strictly UMVC3 though.
    If you are interested please let me know through messages or on this thread.
    We have 5 guys so far. Come bring us a challenge or level up with us!!
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    Played Flocker this weekend. It's kind of disappointing to see how much better he was than most of our players. Had he actually showed up in time for KoF, he was definitely getting paid.

Worse still is it totally slipped my mind to exchange information with him at the time.
    Played Flocker this weekend. It's kind of disappointing to see how much better he was than most of our players. Had he actually showed up in time for KoF, he was definitely getting paid.

Worse still is it totally slipped my mind to exchange information with him at the time.
    -_-; It hurts to see KoF get so little play =\ Hopefully you guys get to grow by CEO or FR next year~
  • Carson LiCarson Li KevinTempura Joined: Posts: 6
    anybody in miami still play 3s?
  • Fighting Games FTWFighting Games FTW Joined: Posts: 2
    Has anyone here been to this arcade? It's only been open about a year, and it's already been highly rated by a lot of reviewers. It won NewTimes Miami's Best Arcade 2012.
    I know I, as a frequent goer, love this arcade and I hope it lasts a long time. A lot of arcades in the area have been closing down. It sucks that the arcade scene is doing so poor. Arcades are awesome places to meet new people and play with other gamers.
    The only other arcade that I know that is still open down here is Final Round.
    Website - http://www.arcadeodyssey.com/
  • Ae86miamiAe86miami Joined: Posts: 2
    What's up guys, haven't been on here for a long time. I use to play at flippers in Kendall back in the days. I play sf4 3rd strike and use to play cvs2. Me and a friend of mine are looking to play some matches in person as in get togethers or something. LMK thanks. 786 419 5957 or leave a message here
    carlos?!?!
  • Kte_PKte_P Ultra_Pat Joined: Posts: 27
    I'm in Miami; if there's someone looking for casuals either in the downtown area or South Beach PM me...
    Currently housed a block away from Barry University/ Miami Shores...
    Go hard or go home...."Small fish fry"
    GT:Pat33able...
  • Ae86miamiAe86miami Joined: Posts: 2
    carlos?!?!

Yeah who's this? If u know me u may know my friend richard
    This is Mario from Flipper's