ARcades in Taiwan?

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
I'm going to Taiwan next week.. Anyone know where I can go for some Marvel Vs Capcom 2 or 3rd Strike action?

Comments

• KillerKaiKillerKai It's a KILLA! Joined: Posts: 1,472
    http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59176&highlight=Taiwan

check out GM in the taipei city mall. It's all console. But you can find mostly 3s players there. Occasional cvs2. and Marvel was only there when i ran into other american peeps.
    @ evo...
    Ponder: Which one of you is Kai?
    Kai: I'm Kai
    KillerKai: I'm KillerKai
    Ponder: o_O
  • xX_Deus_XxxX_Deus_Xx ItsCool2BeDismissive Joined: Posts: 2,579
    now that i think about it, couldnt taiwan be described as being in the pacific south? hahaha. maybe not.
    Have fun, and be safe with it.

Just kidding. Fuck shit up.
    Alright guys. I'm here for the next 3 months. Anyone here down for some 3s, CvS, or especially Marvel? I'll play anything...
    @ evo...
  • EdmaEdma Sucky sucky Joined: Posts: 448
    Don't know why this is in the S. Cal forums but hey KK, I'm here. What's the arcade to go to around here in Taipei?
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hey killerkai, you're from san marino too?(confusing how you have more than one location listed). i graduated from SMHS 2 years ago. was wondering if i might know you. ironically, i'm in taipei right now too but i'm only gonna be here until friday. i was looking for 3rd strike machines here but couldn't find any so i played kof instead.
    Eliver Ling, graduated 2001 smhs. And if you want to play 3s, head to GM at the Taipei City Mall. Take the metro to the Taipei main station and follow the signs to the mall. then head all the way down to the end on the right lane of the mall. it'll be the last store on the left. peeps are usually there after 4.
    @ evo...
  • taijitaiji mvc2 forever Joined: Posts: 1,533
    how's the comp there kai?
    "I'm inviting all of you to come and watch my after-fight concert, i'm gonna sing 8 songs" - PACQUIAO
    well, Ed pretty much owns everyone here in 3s. I was beating like 90% of the guys i saw yesterday with Denjin (not mauling them, but beating them). There was one Hugo and one Makoto who would go 50/50 with me or better. Apparently, Ed also told me of a Yun who is supposed to be their best (who he also raped). I haven't seen him yet. All in all, their guys are solid here. Not great. But good enough for me to practice on. I'm not going to judge any of their skills from casual yet, except for this one cocky ass j-rock star look alike who i was owning. Hey, if you're reading this buddy, you fuckin suck and your one move (Ken's crossup forward) isn't going to get you shit against me. I'm just still hoping I can set up some marvel matches before Ed leaves tomorrow.
    @ evo...
  • wepeelwepeel Blanka is my only hope Joined: Posts: 1,180
    im sad that i didn't get to see this arcade when i was there. so THAT'S where cvs2 is...

anyway, don't bother looking for competition in any game besides SFII in Ximen Ding (on the blue MRT line as "Ximen," right next to the main station), i've tried multiple times. Nice clothes, though...
    do you believe I would take such a thing with me, and give it to a police man

-find the truth on page 318 of the Thinking Out Loud Thread V.2
    3s ranking battle today. and it's free. i'm off
    @ evo...
  • MisuchiruMisuchiru Joined: Posts: 208
    Kai
    sorry that you lost to cocky j-rock star in the first round!
    you'll do better next time.
    see u around
    hehe. yeah. he got me pretty good. it's cool though. i still got a lot to learn in this game and have 3 months to do it. good shit today with your yun. let's get some matches in next time. :tup: All in all, i finally got to see the full bulk of the 3s regulars there. They're going to be good to practice on. Even J-rock star :clap:

Edit:
    Oh yeah, and did Kasumi end up winning today after i left?
    @ evo...
    most ppl go to GM on weekends
    not sure about weekdays (monday is closed, i think you know)
    i usually go on friday nights after work
    i am looking forward to it

hope you don't hold any grudges against j-rock star (Rusing is his nickname)
    he's just hilarious, maybe you don't get taiwan's joke like these ppl don't get american joke..

i'm not sure if kasumi won cuz i wasn't there when they played the grand final...

someone will post it on capcom board at www.gamer.com.tw
    nah. not at all. he seemed pretty cool on saturday so no grudges. i just like to rag on him cuz he's goofy. oh yeah, and next time i'm there, i'm probably going to set up a DC with marvel just for the hell of it. hopefully larry's around so i can get some matches with him.
    @ evo...
    larry will definitely play when he sees marvle
    just bring an extra pad for him!
  • NormalGuyNormalGuy The Life of A Ninja Joined: Posts: 215
    It's too bad I couldn't make it when Ed came to GM, I wasn't even in Taiwan at the time, and now I can't even make it to our first ranking battle. I heard Ooioo beat Kasumi for first place, I knew Yun is a bad match for Chun, I want to see how the Japanese would fight this match.

Misuchiru are you Andre? I have no idea who you are but yeah if Kai shows up for the next RB, I am totally down for some marvel games, there are a few of us that still plays this game, we're just lacking in joysticks, so pads are what we play on for now.
    Work sucks!!!
    Yeah this is Andre
    i don't recognize your name... ? who are you? mike?

i'd like to learn how to beat chun... cuz i suck against her...
    i still don't see yun's advantage against her while ooioo and kasumi constantly beasting larry's chun...
    someone help me out here!

btw
    i don't play marvel ... xD

edit: just realize you must be larry... xD lol
    anyways... see u around
    i might drop by tomorrow late afternoon for some 3s and marvel if available. anyone down?
    @ evo...
  • XaeroXaero UCDavis Alumnus Joined: Posts: 546
    Kai, summer is over by now...usually ABCs don't stay in Taipei that long

Do you actually work/study in taipei?

I'm the purple akuma player-Name is Eric
    The Mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
    I'm studying abroad til before Christmas.
    @ evo...
    I've been to a couple arcades in Taiwan, most with little or no comp. They all seem to play KOF with no love for CvS2/3s.

this is a place south of Taipei. (Haven't been to the place yet so I am not sure what the comp is like)
    http://www.arcademongogo.com/

this site has a few places listed. I haven't been to all of them, but the directions for some of the spots are vague.
    https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jjcheng2/arcade_banchiao.txt
    This .txt doc includes some of these:

-Shih Lin Night Market (Jungle City? I think)
    A few KOF 2002 players and some other SNK games I couldn't identify (didn't look like a good place for comp)

-Xi Meng Ding (Shi Tz Ling -Lion's Cineplex or something- Dino World? lol)
    Tekken 5 DR comp, KOF XI, KOF2002 and some Samurai Showdown game, I think

-Banchiao (South of Taipei ~40 minutes train ride, supposed to be pretty big, with good comp.)

Khao Hsiung should have more arcades than Taipei, hence more comp? meh. I think they don't have as much restrictions.

I hear Taiwanese 3s and GGXX/ players are decent, but I don't know where to find them.

Good luck hunting

(Oh, yea. Anyone know where the GM City Mall peeps moved to?)
    Haha wow yeah I remember Dino World, Drummania V was 20 NT. 5th or 6th floor or something...

Hey Mogri were you born there or are you an ABC? How long are you staying there for?

wepeel wrote:
    Haha wow yeah I remember Dino World, Drummania V was 20 NT. 5th or 6th floor or something...

Hey Mogri were you born there or are you an ABC? How long are you staying there for?

ABC from teh Bay Area. Spending a few months here till fall '06, gonna be a long time without any comp :sad: but at least the T5: DR scene is alive and kickin. It seems to be growing too... hella ppl waiting to play nowadays. I haven't checked out that really big arcade (Zhong Li) with GGxxSlash, though it's supposed to have pretty good competition.
    best place to play 3rd strike, GM moved from Taipei city mall to a place really nearby.
    Directions:
    There are 2 McDonald's near Taipei Main Station. One is across the street from Shinkong Mitsukoshi and is right next to Nova (if I remember correctly). The other has like... nothing nearby, besides GM and some random small stores.
    Walk towards the 2nd McDees from Taipei main station. You should be on Yong-De Road. A little before you get to McDees, turn right on Hua-(Something) Street and you should see GM.
    Taipei 3s players have migrated to Ximen Ding's "Dino World" Arcade.
    I will be going back to Taipei in September (tentative), planning to stay a long time...should I bring my custom stick or rely on the arcades? I play CvS2 primarily. Anyone gonna be there? :sweat:

there are prolly only 3 ppl in taipei who still plays cvs2
    they play on console cuz there are hardly any cvs2 machines around
    domiru wrote:
    Taipei 3s players have migrated to Ximen Ding's "Dino World" Arcade.

Too bad dino world doesnt have 3s casuals out the whole time, the only time casuals can be played there are during days of the ranbat. Tekken (I got scrubbed by some 40 year old dude) and KOF = </3, no 3s = :'(. At least Ximen Ding is a chill place.
  • DeuceDeuce goosey Joined: Posts: 267
    Mogri wrote:
    ABC from teh Bay Area. Spending a few months here till fall '06, gonna be a long time without any comp :sad: but at least the T5: DR scene is alive and kickin. It seems to be growing too... hella ppl waiting to play nowadays. I haven't checked out that really big arcade (Zhong Li) with GGxxSlash, though it's supposed to have pretty good competition.

just for future reference, anyone know the location of zhong li and how to get there... say from the airport.
    fjs
    cEylontea wrote:
    Too bad dino world doesnt have 3s casuals out the whole time, the only time casuals can be played there are during days of the ranbat. Tekken (I got scrubbed by some 40 year old dude) and KOF = </3, no 3s = :'(. At least Ximen Ding is a chill place.

Yea suck balls.

There is a biweekly ranbat beginning this sunday at dino though
    Misuchiru wrote:
    there are prolly only 3 ppl in taipei who still plays cvs2
    they play on console cuz there are hardly any cvs2 machines around

ahh dangit...this does not bode well...a year without cvs2??? :sad: I guess 3s seems to be big there but I just can't seem to have fun with the game. Maybe I'll try to resurrect the CvS2 scene once I arrive...

Still, I like 3s over any KOF game so I guess if worse comes to worse I'll practice up a bit. I still wonder why KOF is so popular in asian countries...

yeah 8(.. if you want casuals, post up on http://bbs.gamer.com.tw/board.php?brd=CAPCOM-FIGHT
    cuz they have casuals at least every weekend, at least. They used to go to GM near Taipei main station but now they go to a place called Adventure Club (lol). If your Chinese sux, that's okay. Larry on that ^ bbs and Xaero on SRK have near perfect English and are native Taipei-ers : D. Oh and that 40 year old dude... plays a shitload of Tekken :D so don't feel too bad.
    just for future reference, anyone know the location of zhong li and how to get there... say from the airport.

yeah Zhong Li.. uh.. You should be able to take a bus from the airport to Zhong Li (bunch of bus companies right next to the main exit terminal when you come out) but I dunno, since I've never been so eager to play that I got off the plane and went straight to the arcade. XD Getting to Zhong Li is the easy part, finding the competition is harder... since the bastards keep moving all the machines around >.>.
    ????

?????? - ??????41???????24???????

????? - ??????51???????24???????

is where you go to play GG slash.. somewhere around there. not fuckin suure XD.

and if you want Tekken comp., then..
    1. go to Zhong Li train station
    2. go out the back/rear exit
    3. cross the street to the Family Mart (on the corner)
    4. walk 10 more steps and you see a bunch of pps smoking and playing tekken :D
    Yea suck balls.

There is a biweekly ranbat beginning this sunday at dino though

yeah, too bad those bitches took out all the machines for maintenance >.<

Dude my friend and I have gone there the 3 times it was cancelled thinking they update the ranbat news at their blog instead of the fucking capcom-fight forums. And school is starting for us soon so we probably won't be able to attend as frequently as we would like to.

By the way, have you participated in the previous ranbats?

Dude my friend and I have gone there the 3 times it was cancelled thinking they update the ranbat news at their blog instead of the fucking capcom-fight forums. And school is starting for us soon so we probably won't be able to attend as frequently as we would like to.

There use to be 3s machines at dino world? @_@

Participated in 2 ranbats and sucked ass..
    There use to be 3s machines at dino world? @_@

yeah more or less. as in... Only when they have ranbats >: O!
    Were you Chris, the Elena player?
  • mirrormirror Joined: Posts: 90
    wait wait, so you guys play at the new GM now? or only at Dino's during ranbats?

I went back to the old GM place once after a long break and it disappeared, so I gave up on playing 3s :sad:

and we have US players now? i miss speaking english! tell me when you guys play!
    Me and my friend are just some TAS students... And we haven't touched 3s outside of the house. Really looking forward to getting in a Ranbat.

And I don't think GM hosts the ranbats anymore, while Dino does but is under repairs for now as far as I'm concerned.
  • mirrormirror Joined: Posts: 90
    ah that's cool...
    i'd still kill for any kind of 3s (or mvc2 :wgrin: ) action
    do you guys have arcade sticks?
    Saving up for another, only got one fake Tekken 5 Hori.
    alright cool i will be in Taipei in a few days. hope to see some of you out there...

which arcade was good for cvs2 again? was it none still? =(
    come on lets play

I checked all over the underground mall and found nothing. Then I went back to this thread and found out that GM moved to a new location near the mcdonalds. I checked the areas of BOTH mcdonalds and there was no arcade. I went to Dino World (which is now called Tom's World for some taiwanese reason) and while they have ddr supernova and freaksv3, there were no capcom fighters. As usual, it was all KOF...

Where is the street fighter in this city????? Well at least I got a lot of exercise. Help please? :sad:

• face2kface2k 3S Noob! Don't laugh Joined: Posts: 129
    i live in Taiwan

it's kinda boring.....all they play is KOF

pisses me off a lot!

i only play street fighter

i might be trying out ot play guilty gear sometime

i live in kaoshuing(???) really boring down here!! :arazz:
    ╔═════╗╔════╗╔════╗
    ║ ---I---╠╣ -LOVE-╠╣--SRK--╠╣
    ╚◎═══◎╝╚◎══◎╝╚◎══◎╝
    damn that sucks. Kaosiung is hella far...and yeah, I've only found one SF2 cab in all of taipei. OH yeah and one MvC2 machine in Banciao, but it was at one of those 18+ arcades. I've looked everywhere...Taiwan does not play capcom :sad:

Ok. So I've found Adventure Club (Shandao Temple exit 6 on the MRT) and I met like 5 people that play CvS2 so that's a good and healthy number. The competition is pretty decent! They know all the combos and have pretty decent footsies, albeit a bit on the turtle side concerning Bison...If anyone is in need of a street fighter fix while in Taipei I can show you where we gather 09-3047-8201

They use nice Hori sticks but I'm still not used to them. Last time I was there, someone was playing with a Wii and a few others were playing other mech type games...it's a nice geek retreat ^_^;

Ok. So I've found Adventure Club (Shandao Temple exit 6 on the MRT) and I met like 5 people that play CvS2 so that's a good and healthy number. The competition is pretty decent! They know all the combos and have pretty decent footsies, albeit a bit on the turtle side concerning Bison...If anyone is in need of a street fighter fix while in Taipei I can show you where we gather 09-3047-8201

They use nice Hori sticks but I'm still not used to them. Last time I was there, someone was playing with a Wii and a few others were playing other mech type games...it's a nice geek retreat ^_^;

im only know how to paly with PS2 controllers.....i really need to near how to play
    woth arcade sticks....i've used an hori stick and i was hard to do moves cuz the restricter was 8sided and i could't do my moves..... i think i should use a round restricter
    ╔═════╗╔════╗╔════╗
    ╚◎═══◎╝╚◎══◎╝╚◎══◎╝
    Oh wow, is that easy to switch out? I think a round restricter would help me out as well. But...I don't wanna mess around too much cuz the sticks belong to the owner of the place. Right now I'm in Korea but I will be back in Taiwan in February; got any plans to go to Taipei? What are you up to in Kaoshiung?

im usually playing 3s at my friends house cuz we hate KOF haha

im only 15 so i dun think i'll be goin to Taipei

i just wanna find an arcade that i can play 3rd strike in

cuz playing at home with the comp is boring as hell.....

about the restricter thing i checked come threads in SRK forums and i think it is possible the change because they do sell restricters online

i might be buying a Playstation 3 when it's Chinese New Year so i'll defenetly
    buy a Hori Arcade Pro 3!

you got and MSN?? let's talk more on MSN ^^
    ╔═════╗╔════╗╔════╗
    ╚◎═══◎╝╚◎══◎╝╚◎══◎╝
  • DeuceDeuce goosey Joined: Posts: 267
    miss the hot girls in skirts/boots

room 18 is the shit
    fjs