STL Garbage VIII: Garbage 3.0 - DON'T SHAKE MY HAND!!

Comments

• ILPremiumILPremium 最高けんだま Joined: Posts: 805
    Lol Kamen Riders
    Remember I'm willing to buy Melty off you anytime....SO GO FIND IT!!
    Ok time to add Kamen Riders to the list.
    Haben mich nicht meinen Springer auf Sie schieBen.
    Don't have shoot my jumper on ya!
  • JJJJJJ Joined: Posts: 2,176
    @Ketchup
    I can't get Ramen's Swap Magic to work so I've still only played HNK for a total of 45 minutes. But I'm played Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight for Infinity Billion hours!

ya know... maybe... just maybe... da swap magic + hnk will start working again under my PRESENCE..:rofl:
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,346
    <currently in st.charles(along w/dc1902,rex,nobody,gully) hope u guyz dont mind ;p

so what the hell happened at Lameztown Mall? :confused:

any1 know of any good apts in STL may be moving...suggestions? :wonder:
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
  • glltygllty hypermagic Joined: Posts: 753
    You can put me down for Vampire Savior
    we spiral down; no-one can save you now
  • Psych0Sh0tPsych0Sh0t CAW CAW CAW Joined: Posts: 1,856
    Put me down for Vampire Savior as well, but I suck at it.
    Zombie/Dark Knight/Foot Dive
  • EmXEmX Joined: Posts: 845
    Add KOF series up there too...lol.
  • Pe4CeFu1Pe4CeFu1 Joined: Posts: 411
    gg last night at Jamestown
    Throwing Sonic Booms all day
  • GagaGenGagaGen Joined: Posts: 87
    I play BlazBlue CS a small bit. KoF is fun!!

@Peaceful
    Dat purple Guile!!! D: Hah!

@What happened at Lameztown
    It wasn't horrible, but they need to improve next time. There were 3 setups running Super, all pretty small, 2 were standard def. Meh. The guy that was running the brackets was also in the tournament, so there was a looooot of down-time. Then, when it came to do semi finals, they wanted to move into the theater, but since projectors laaaaag, they had to re-do the matches. Which eventually led to 2nd and 3rd being swapped, IIRC.
    That's...pretty much it.
  • _xxNOBODYxx__xxNOBODYxx_ NOBODY'S BITCH! Joined: Posts: 1,086
    That's...pretty much it.

Not true. Yes, there weren't enough setups. Also sucks that with the people in the community that possess their own, we only had CRTs and no monitors. And yes, the whole theater 13 deal just turned out to be a mess, that's not pretty much it.

There were some great matches, mostly in losers'. Aside from Big Marcus proving that he's essentially just better than most of us, all the top 8 matches were the shit.

The thing with the big screen was basically just a trial and error thing. I'm sure from this point forward, something will be done to change that, whether we just forgo the whole thing altogether, or split the signal and let the players watch monitors, and the rest of the people watch on the big screen.

Overall, the tournament was fun, it was a good time. And this was their first tourney. They just need to make efforts to be more efficient. But that takes experience.
    Mentality is reality; attitude determines latitude; whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
  • Bebop129Bebop129 AKA: DJLC Joined: Posts: 385
    Put me down for Maryland Heights.

XBL: Phatbeazie
    PSN: Phatbeazie (I gotz no fightan games other than MK2 so that is kind of worthless but whatever).

I play SF3:3S and Blazblue CS.

Also will be in MVC3 when that hits.
    I need some awesome stick art...
    Thanks, I guess I just got bored typing. Anywho, what you said about hooking a tv up to the projector is a great idea, but there's like no room where the projectors are. I got to go up when they were setting up. Maybe if they were to use a different room, but the area 13 was in is pretty cramped.
    Thanks, I guess I just got bored typing. Anywho, what you said about hooking a tv up to the projector is a great idea, but there's like no room where the projectors are. I got to go up when they were setting up. Maybe if they were to use a different room, but the area 13 was in is pretty cramped.

Yeah it seems as though it just may not be a possibility, then. Too bad, too. It's a really cool idea in concept.
    Mentality is reality; attitude determines latitude; whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
    Yeah, I was really excited for it. Maybe next time, they'll use a different venue and be able to pull it off.
    Clockwork getting it in at WCW.
    Psycho, you make a REALLY good character seem pretty easy to play against. Bison is top tier, so you should be. But you aren't. This isn't a joke. I'm not gonna laugh after this. Get better. Only good Bison we have doesn't have the luxury of getting to any of our hookups. You're all we got, and you're free. Get better.

Scamp, it was really good seeing you out with us again, man. Idk if I've just missed the times you were out with the rest of the crew, but I asked about you a couple weeks ago. Glad to see you're still alive. If you can't play as often, or even don't wanna, just come out every now and then to let those know you're still good. Or, at least, post on here.
    So, any particular reason you're saying this?
    Stop ?ing me son and go fucking get better.

Okay that part was a joke...mostly.
    I do try. And I have gotten better. Still, don't see what's with the sudden calling me out, but hey, you speak your mind, and it's cool.
    ^gayomighty on blast~! :coffee:

any1 know of wcw stream rips?( I know it's kinda early to ask but hey!)
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    No name name calling.
  • DC1902DC1902 Joined: Posts: 260
    yo ILPremium, i would like to play you in tvc and mvc2, you gonna be at AR this saturday cause i might show?, i haven't played you before, let me know if you wanna play
    I would be willing to play TvC with ya I'm rusty as hell but and I'm not really that good at MvC2 but I believe I can hang.
    So far my plans are go to Ar for this upcoming weekend. Jeff you want to get a circle jerk of TvC going with DC and me? There only one rule we use my wii modded music :D
    Not looking forward to the drive to AR. Heh. East St. Louis, North St. Louis, either way. Does not look good. *laugh*
  • JJJJJJ Joined: Posts: 2,176
    Scamp, it was really good seeing you out with us again, man. Idk if I've just missed the times you were out with the rest of the crew, but I asked about you a couple weeks ago. Glad to see you're still alive. If you can't play as often, or even don't wanna, just come out every now and then to let those know you're still good. Or, at least, post on here.

I missed frapy too..:bottle:
    Not looking forward to the drive to AR. Heh. East St. Louis, North St. Louis, either way. Does not look good. *laugh*

If you're going anywhere around East STL, where 4 bulletproof jackets.

@Premium - I'd be down to play TvC.
    can you play mvc2 on dreamcast or do you prefer the downloaded version ILPremium?
    Dreamcast if you have green goblins
    I do try. And I have gotten better. Still, don't see what's with the sudden calling me out, but hey, you speak your mind, and it's cool.

We got a couple of every strong player. More than one Akuma, Ryu, Guile, Seth, Cammy, Chun, Boxer, and other upper tier character. But, with JJJ not getting out much to play us much, you're the only Bison we get a chance to play. And we're a community, which means we're only as good as our weakest player. I don't mean to imply that you're the weakest. But if you get better, we get better. Just that simple.

Our effort as a community is to become stronger. If you're better, then we'll get better. Then if we're better, and you play us, then you get even better. So, get better. You have the rare task of basically being our only regular that plays Bison. Makes your responsibility greater. So, step it up. Get better!
    @Psychoshot You need to bring your own stick lol if you are to play on the wii. DC do you have a extra wii stick??
    I try to get games in with people all the time, but it seems like everybody is busy most of the time, which I completely understand, but with no solid ride to get places usually (outside of Mr. K, whom has been a great help. Much love, Steve.) it's hard to make hook ups and shit when your only ride is working, sick, fighting zombies, etc. I try, and I'm going to keep trying.

@Premium - Don't have a Wii stick, yo. Don't own a Wii.
  • Black JerBearBlack JerBear Joined: Posts: 2
    Found out that this is the new thread I went by BlackBear at Rj's but

my gamertag on Xbox live is Black JerBear
    I stay in Belleville, Illinois
    usual games I play is Tekken 6 and KOF2002 unlimited, DOA4 if i get it back and will be playing MvC 3 when it comes out
    also enjoy watching street fighter matches you guys definitely know how to get freaking hype yo. Just got done watching WCW 3 awesome grandfinal
    I'm so cool that even I wanna be me
    no i don't have a wii stick cause i don't own a wii system, i'll try and borrow a wii pad or if jeff is there, i can maybe borrow his stick, so no mvc2 for dreamcast?
    We got a couple of every strong player. More than one Akuma, Ryu, Guile, Seth, Cammy, Chun, Boxer, and other upper tier character. But, with JJJ not getting out much to play us much, you're the only Bison we get a chance to play. And we're a community, which means we're only as good as our weakest player. I don't mean to imply that you're the weakest. But if you get better, we get better. Just that simple.

Our effort as a community is to become stronger. If you're better, then we'll get better. Then if we're better, and you play us, then you get even better. So, get better. You have the rare task of basically being our only regular that plays Bison. Makes your responsibility greater. So, step it up. Get better!

Maybe you could get in some sessions with psychoshot and give him some mentoring - that'd help him out the most, I think.
  • KurasaKurasa Don't Shake My Hand Joined: Posts: 1,285 mod
    @BlackBear
    I'm having a hookup in Belleville today starting at 3. 6.1.8.five.six.seven.six.0.one.nine

@Nobody
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but cut psycho some slack. So what if he hasn't progressed to the level you'd like. It's only SF. If you want a better bison to play against ask someone in your area to learn him. Bison is beyond cake and ramp up time would be less than a week. Hell, I think that my Bison is pretty decent and I have approximately 8 hours of play with him. It won't take long.

@Dave
    I'll bring my extra stick for tvc.

@Ketchup
    Word son.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    WHOA WHOA WHOA!! Devour a mountain!!
    WHOA WHOA WHOA!! Devour an ocean!!
    I've sent Nobody a few texts to see if he wants to get games in, but he never responds. I've tried to get games in with him before, and nothing happened.
    You guys are reading my words harder than they're intended. I don't mean to insult. If telling someone that they can be better is too much, then I shrug at you guys. I wanna get better, and I know that for all of us to get better, it takes us using each other to grow. I'd actually like to have a sit down with you, but idk if I'm the best at mentoring.

I was speaking to someone about how players like Glen and Allen and Rex do consistently well against players that may be of a lower caliber. I feel like if I play Psycho, I may start to develop bad habits. But maybe that's more about me, meaning I need to learn to get past things like that too.

Psycho, like I said, I didn't mean insult. I may be free to play early Thursday if you're down.
    poor gayomighty,every1 is picking on him. -_-

any1 want to carpool to jeffy's?! ;D
    HOLD DAT!
    Akuma seems like TvC ryu lol just for the reason he can combo after his tatsu like ryu did with a assist, but he has one thing ryu didn't long ass dive kick combos.

@DC if no sticks no MvC2 lol I'm really ass on pad.
    I just think that helping him with some issues he might have would be a good thing.
    double post
    I'm not insulted by what you said, by any means. How early are you free? You know, since I have lame old school, I won't be home until 3. If you're able to come over, I'll see if Mr. K and Ramen can come out too. Get us some solid hours of playtime.
    I get what Nobody is saying completely. Not having a strong player to practice against their characters with makes things tough when you have to play someone that is really good with that particular player.

I can't get better as Gen right now because I only know a very small number of match ups due to the lack of variety of characters my opponents play IRL. So, I'm starting to play a lot more Honda. I've got a bit of the "low-tier blues" right now. I'm definitely not dropping him, I love his design too much. Plus, with AE update, he's getting some great buffs.

To those who play low characters, what do you do when you get "low tier blues?"
    Training mode to practice hitting my links and shit. Watch a day of videos for the character. Sometimes I just pick Honda. Make it out to more events and you'll see a difference.
    Here's my view. It seems like this whole "call Chris out" thing was prompted by big Marcus' coming down here and cleaning up house with bison. So rather than being constructive and either learn bison yourself or ask someone in your play group that is better than Chris to pick him up, you call him out for being weak.

The guy is working on his game. There's no need. To chastise him because he's not god-tier yet. Just my view, that's all.

@Gllty
    Thanks, and yeah, doing the same helps me out a lot. Other times, I have to tell myself- "hey, you're one of the few people that uses this character, and when you win, it feels amazing." And for me, I've always loved Honda, so I don't have any problem playing as him. I just have to start leveling him up. Haven't played him seriously too much.
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,585
    Here's my view. It seems like this whole "call Chris out" thing was prompted by big Marcus' coming down here and cleaning up house with bison. So rather than being constructive and either learn bison yourself or ask someone in your play group that is better than Chris to pick him up, you call him out for being weak.

The guy is working on his game. There's no need. To chastise him because he's not god-tier yet. Just my view, that's all.

Basically everything he said.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
    Jeff make me some Funji with some black pees and SAAAA FISH.
    In response to Mr. K and Jeff...yeah, don't care. Especially Kurasa. If you think all it takes is 8 hours of practice to have a decent Bison, or any character, then that's why we don't have a good regular Bison to play against.

Psycho, the truth is, your weak, get better. As a community, we're only as good as our better players. Fact! Those that don't like this can eat slimy fat dick. I didn't say he had to be god-tier. I specifically said get better, on more than one occasion. Think it's chastising? That's silly.

As far as Thursday goes, I'd rather have a private session with you, because first, I can only play for a couple hours. B, we'd just get more in and work on more details as far as what I know and notice and recognize. Like I said, I'm not the best for noticing some weaknesses, but I'll certainly help as much as I can from 3-5 Thursday.

All of those who came to his rescue can, once again, eat a dick...have a nice day.
  • Raoul DukeRaoul Duke Look on the bright side,suicide. Joined: Posts: 967
    Just noticed new thread. If anyone wants there 360 TE dual modded hit me up.
    Pevely MO 63070
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    In response to Mr. K and Jeff...yeah, don't care. Especially Kurasa. If you think all it takes is 8 hours of practice to have a decent Bison, or any character, then that's why we don't have a good regular Bison to play against.

Psycho, the truth is, your weak, get better. As a community, we're only as good as our better players. Fact! Those that don't like this can eat slimy fat dick. I didn't say he had to be god-tier. I specifically said get better, on more than one occasion. Think it's chastising? That's silly.

As far as Thursday goes, I'd rather have a private session with you, because first, I can only play for a couple hours. B, we'd just get more in and work on more details as far as what I know and notice and recognize. Like I said, I'm not the best for noticing some weaknesses, but I'll certainly help as much as I can from 3-5 Thursday.

All of those who came to his rescue can, once again, eat a dick...have a nice day.

LOL. That was rather pathetic. You are definitely living up to your name.

Edit:
    Fuck this sugar coat shit. Nobody, you're weak. Very weak. Get better. You're on here calling people shitty is bad form since you are bad as well. When I see u do something worthwhile with your "skills" I'll withdraw my words. But that's still a long ways off...weakling.

Shit, you are the reason that stl players lose Cammy, Guile, and Ken players when we play out of towners. If you were good with those characters our community would do better.

Shut the Fuck up kid.

Signed, Baby Black Jesus