STL Garbage VIII: Garbage 3.0 - DON'T SHAKE MY HAND!!

Comments

• GamertagGamertag Upstanding Member Joined: Posts: 92
    GGs.

@Mr. K: Sorry my Kazuya is ass.
    @Everyone I played Marvel with: GGs to Val and Glen. Glad there are still a few faithful. I think those were some high level casuals haha.
    @Val: Nice to meet you man, and good talking to you. Your Doom is sick!
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,585
    GGs.

@Mr. K: Sorry my Kazuya is ass.
    @Everyone I played Marvel with: GGs to Val and Glen. Glad there are still a few faithful. I think those were some high level casuals haha.
    @Val: Nice to meet you man, and good talking to you. Your Doom is sick!
    We beat overhead... I mean Killshot which is all I care about.

GGs to everyone. This game is WEIRD.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
  • GamertagGamertag Upstanding Member Joined: Posts: 92
    This game is WEIRD.

Yeah, I have to figure out how to play it haha.
  • playerplayer Jounin Joined: Posts: 1,613
    2012 is dead......for now. sfxt is sadly taking over.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    rex, jjj, aks216, player, aka, kth, kurasa, slips, PJ
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    luger, scamp, mr. k, gllty, peaceful
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
  • Bebop129Bebop129 AKA: DJLC Joined: Posts: 385
    I need some awesome stick art...
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    Just curious, are any of you guys goin to the MLG KOF tournament?
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • throwing is cheapthrowing is cheap master of teleport + assist Joined: Posts: 1,805
    Just curious, are any of you guys goin to the MLG KOF tournament?
    SPARRKKKSTERRRRRRRRR
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    SPARRKKKSTERRRRRRRRR
    I knew he was goin i was just curious if jjj or anybody else would be attending.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
  • MetalMusicManMetalMusicMan WURM! Joined: Posts: 401
    HAH, the stars have aligned. I can make Fatal KO after all :D
    Steam: MetalMusicMan04
    hypedragon.net | Youtube: MetalMusicMan04 | Twitter: @MetalMusicMan04
  • KurasaKurasa Don't Shake My Hand Joined: Posts: 1,274 mod
    I got bored because some plans fell through and decided to fire up some Marvel. Tasky/Joe/????? will be my new team. Tasky/Joe work so well together, its unreal. 600+ off of any hit midscreen...and that's before ending the combo with a super. Also, the BB loop (bomb-block) builds almost 3 meters.
    WHOA WHOA WHOA!! Devour a mountain!!
    WHOA WHOA WHOA!! Devour an ocean!!
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    2012 is dead......for now. sfxt is sadly taking over.

Not in KC.

We still play SF, and loooots of KOF.
    damn, this thread slowly passed away. R.I.P. stl land of no hand shakes.

• Omicron AustinOmicron Austin Downright Fierce Joined: Posts: 358
    I'm pretty sure basically everyone migrated to Facebook because of how inconsistent the SRK forums are.
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,814
    I'm pretty sure basically everyone migrated to Facebook because how much better the drama is there.
    Fixed.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • ShekeibShekeib Almost Famous Joined: Posts: 668
    Anyone see me at thursday night fights, the runback, at super arcade last night? I signed up for marvel and beat some dudes then lost some close matches to Jint's frank/captain. Then I waited around for them to call my name again, didn't hear it for a while, asked the guy with the brackets when I played, he then tells me I was DQ'd......... I was standing in the area the whole time, I didn't hear my name at all, I was even expecting them to butcher it. I shoulda just gone with RoBoT instead of Shekeib.

Then when clockwork was no where to be found, everyone yells his name, they run around the block, he's not around, they wait like 30 minutes for him, no DQ, no nothin. Clockwork is a cool dude and all, but can't they give everyone a fair chance?

Sorry, I had to vent a little. SFxT sucks btw, I'm giving up on capcom, sf4 series was ass, marvel is ass, SFxT should have been called Super SF4. I'm gonna try to play some KOF and VF from now on.
    "I bought a seven dollar pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring."

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."

"My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said No, but I want a regular banana later, so, Yeah."

-Mitch Hedberg
  • JJJJJJ Joined: Posts: 2,176
    lol.. my sbj, dat happens at evo all da time. e.g. masta cj was in my pool at last year's evo. anyone who got called for matches but didn't show up in 5 min got DQ'ed, but they waited ONE HOUR for masta cj to show up to play me. I was kinda mad, so I beat him in 5 min.. :P
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Hope some of you KOF guys can make it out. We've all been hitting the game pretty hard, it'd be nice to see how STL compares. Unless you are all on that Sf x Tekken acid trip.

• throwing is cheapthrowing is cheap master of teleport + assist Joined: Posts: 1,805
    stl is the land of marvel once more

praise the lawd

thank god for the machine
  • glltygllty hypermagic Joined: Posts: 753
    Hookup at my place tomorrow starting at 1AM
    we spiral down; no-one can save you now
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,585
    GGs at Danno's on Wednesday. I appreciated the talk Allen. I think I showed that I have okay defense when I don't just uppercut near the end. I definitely do reversals too much in certain situations. I need to practice this game again.

Tips for people I played:
    • Sean: Practice cr.lk cr.lk cr.lp hp tiger uppercut/mk tiger knee. These are Sagat's best hit confirms. Or at least the most popular. Also practice DP FADC f.hk ultra. DP FADC f.hk ultra does half life, you need to know how to do this. Practice it, on both sides.

There's lots of cool shit Sagat can do with Tiger Knee and frame traps, but I don't want to overwhelm you.

Learning how to do a crouching uppercut (:df:,:d:,:df:) is extremely useful. It makes anti-airing easier and anti-airing is one of the most important things you can do with Sagat. Once you get anti-airing with raw uppercut down you can move on to stuff like f.hk/f.lk kara uppercuts.

We already talked about jumping in and why it's bad but don't forget. Learn other ways to deal with fireballs: Cancelling with your own, focus backdashing, and neutral jumping.

In order to fake fireballs, get used to whiffing normals like s.lp or cr.lp instead of the fireball. When you whiff this attack, be ready for a jump-in to DP it.

• Tim: Your basic hit-confirm should be something like cr.lk -> cl.lk -> hp uppercut. You can always frame trap with cr.mp, throw, or lk danku afterwards. You need to anti-air more, you did it sometimes but not enough.

You were uppercutting too much. Basically just for the hell of it. My Guy was rusty as hell which meant you got away with too much, but you were pressing WAY too many buttons on wakeup. Especially when you're in the corner.

cl.hk -> cr.mp xx hp uppercut works after crumples on I think the entire cast. Better than EX Danku because you save meter.

When you do a super taunt combo you can fit in a gadouken after the normal to hit-confirm the super cancel.

• Chris: Stop beating my Dudley. Also stop making me pick Dudley vs Dictator :(
    Forget Facebook. This thread isn't allowed to die.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
  • fischbsfischbs stop that Joined: Posts: 1,175
    Ogres Games still doing fighting games? How often? Every day? Looked on website event colander but nothing was posted. Thanks in advance.
    You can use BBCode in your post. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Nah, no more games at Ogres. We do have a new spot though w/ weeklies and booze. facebook.com/stlbarwarz
    How active is the scene? Looking to move out to STL with a buddy of mine and I'm trying to scout ahead of time for a good consistent locals area. Do you have any specific addresses so I can google maps and we can take that into consideration?
  • aksaks Best-Known Member Joined: Posts: 78
    the scene here is really active. what games you play?
    3S and SF4 is what I've been learning on thus far.
  • meansaltinemeansaltine Joined: Posts: 240
    Hey guys i'm from Minneapolis and currently living in Madison. My job is taking me to st Louis for the next few days. I was wondering if anybody would be down for some ae or sfxt? Preferably arcade edition. let me know if there are any weeknight get togethers I should go to. You can google meansaltine to see some match vids. Hope to heart back from you guys!
  • DarkPhantom70DarkPhantom70 Joined: Posts: 25
    Will there be anyone at Danno's on the 2nd of May. Looking to drop by just want to make sure ppl are going to be there. What games do you all run there? Does anyone have a TE there for me to use. All I have is a PS3 TE Not Xbox. thanks for the info.
  • Pe4CeFu1Pe4CeFu1 Joined: Posts: 411
    @ darkphantom actually dannos will be making its move from weds weeklys to monday weeklys soon im trying toget more info for you

@meansaltine if u are still in town weds night we are actually holding a hookup at Dannos Bar drink chill and play games we start around 7
    7895 Watson Road, Saint Louis, MO 63119
    Throwing Sonic Booms all day
  • meansaltinemeansaltine Joined: Posts: 240
    It was nice meeting you guys! I hope to see some of you at UFGT.
  • dookehdookeh Joined: Posts: 123
    Who's going to Evo? Just booked 7/5-7/8 at Aria. Will probably go for a couple hours just to check it out. Can't spend too much time nerding out in Vegas
  • BRONXPUERTOROCKBRONXPUERTOROCK Orlandos Champion Joined: Posts: 248
    Yo It's Bronx and I'm watching the Mayweather fight tomorrow at my house in Edwardsville Illinois so anyone willing to split with as many people that show up your invited. I have a 61inch 1080P Samsung TV with surround sound so It would be like watching it at the movies lol BYOB and I'm gonna cap the people coming because I just moved in a week ago. I will also have a setup or two going at the same time. The fights like 49 or 59 for the HD version So anywhere from $30 apiece(meaning just me and someone else) down. Hit me up 8138179915 anytime. Leave a message
    New Years resolution-Let's try to take AE serious this year
  • BRONXPUERTOROCKBRONXPUERTOROCK Orlandos Champion Joined: Posts: 248
    Fight ordered $10 a person and byob etc hit me up
    New Years resolution-Let's try to take AE serious this year
    were all on facebook now :/

Hope some of you guys can make it out

• O S SonicFanQO S SonicFanQ Joined: Posts: 7
    HELLO STL. IM pretty sure you guys dont remember me my name was first BlackblazeQ but ive been changing it alot lol. Anyway After working on my job for 1 year and 8 months I finally have day time hour 7-3:30. So That means I have the potential to actually Train and play fighting games with you guys on a regular basis! However im not sure how active the STL community is with SSF4AE2012 because thats pretty much all I will be playing along with Guilty gear accent core plus when that comes out. I hate Street fighter x tekken and Marvel 3 for my own reason and refuse to play them lol.

Anyway If you guys still play street fighter 4 AE 2012 then I will be more then happy to start going to meet ups once I get a stick and the game back. Ive been taking a LONG break from fighting games.
  • DarkPhantom70DarkPhantom70 Joined: Posts: 25
    @ Pe4CeFu1 Hey have you got any updates for me if you are on Wed. Or Mon.? Its a long drive for me to get there I need to know what night and time start. Ty
  • Psych0Sh0tPsych0Sh0t CAW CAW CAW Joined: Posts: 1,856
    Zombie/Dark Knight/Foot Dive
    HELLO STL. IM pretty sure you guys dont remember me my name was first BlackblazeQ but ive been changing it alot lol. Anyway After working on my job for 1 year and 8 months I finally have day time hour 7-3:30. So That means I have the potential to actually Train and play fighting games with you guys on a regular basis! However im not sure how active the STL community is with SSF4AE2012 because thats pretty much all I will be playing along with Guilty gear accent core plus when that comes out. I hate Street fighter x tekken and Marvel 3 for my own reason and refuse to play them lol.

Anyway If you guys still play street fighter 4 AE 2012 then I will be more then happy to start going to meet ups once I get a stick and the game back. Ive been taking a LONG break from fighting games.
    GGX is active. Marvel is the main game of stl lol