STL Garbage VIII: Garbage 3.0 - DON'T SHAKE MY HAND!!

Comments

• O S SonicFanQO S SonicFanQ Joined: Posts: 7
    We're on facebook now.

Ok gotcha thanks for the heads up.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/162477990468832/
    GGX is active. Marvel is the main game of stl lol

LOL UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHH! I hate marvel so much but thats all good. So are you guys still playing AE 2012 thats the big question for me lol. Im exciting to start training again with Gouken and Yang and whoever else but if no one is playing the game then............... When GGAC plus comes out I will be training with Venom! Im shocked that STl plays guilty gear! That makes me happy lol
  • AKAAKA Ken-Oh Joined: Posts: 583
    Yeah man, there has been a long standing Arc Systems community in Missouri and in STL since late 2002. There are several new players picking the game up, and it'd be cool to have another player in our area.

Anytime you want to get some games in, just post up or send me a pm with details. We have a Facebook group as well if that is more convenient for you.
    Even a man who is pure, and says his prayers by night...may become a wolf.
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    This is it! Only one week remains to register for UFGT8, which goes down from May 25th to the 27th in Chicago / Northbrook, IL. If you choose to register at the door, it will cost $10 more than it does right now, and you will not be seeded regionally or by skill. Here are just a few of the reasons you need to be at UFGT8:

-Fun and Games corner, including Super Balrog Ball and DIVEKICK, to keep you busy winning prizes between your pool assignments.
    -Community panels, including discussions hosted by Justin Wong, Iron Galaxy Studios, and Victor "Sp00ky" Fontanz
    -Cheap trip! Hotel rooms are only $69 a night, and parking is free.
    -Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown beta and free tournament; the midwest's first chance to play FS!
    -FOUR Character Auction side events; SSF4AE, KoF13, SFxT, and UMvC3
    -The Ultimate Payout System, which scales payouts and bonuses with the number of entries in a game, and pays out roughly the top 10% of entries
    -Cash bonuses in SSF4AE, UMvC3, and SCV provided by EVO. Cash bonus in MK9 provided by WB/NRS. Cash bonus and custom arcade stick prize in Skullgirls, provided by Autumn Games.
    -Infinity Gauntlet trophies for 1st place in SSF4AE, UMvC3, SFxT, SCV, SG, MK9, KoF13, Mystery Game Tournament, Super Balrog Ball Tournament, and Divekick Tournament.
    -Over 80 raffle prizes, including nearly 40 arcade sticks. Everyone who pre-registers is automatically in the Door Prize Raffle, everyone who attends panels gets tickets to the Panel Raffle, and anyone who plays in the Fun and Games corner gets Fun and Games Raffle Tickets.
    -Every setup, provided by Focus Fire, runs on an "EVO" Asus monitor.

Head over to http://ufgt.us/ and click Register to get it taken care of. Preliminary pool assignments (subject to change) will be available online on May 21st for review, and you'll have a day or so to spot regional seeding problems and get them to me. The final set of pool assignments will be available on May 23rd. See you guys in just under two weeks, and please travel safely to Chicago.
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731
    Hey what's good STL. Just posting that i'm back and down for hosting small sessions whenever works for the next couple of weeks while i get back integrated into life. Hope everybody has been doing well and leveling up.
  • ranmasamaranmasama I dive kick irl Joined: Posts: 1,657
    jjj where the stream at?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/battleforthesouth - Louisiana Tourneys/Casuals
    http://www.justin.tv/ranmasama - Random Xbox Live Matches. On at random times.
  • JJJJJJ Joined: Posts: 2,176
    right here mah dude~ :)

http://www.justin.tv/stlbarwarz/
  • playerplayer Jounin Joined: Posts: 1,613
    after watching Big 2's stream last night........Zeus has the best claw ive ever seen. made a believer outta me
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    rex, jjj, aks216, player, aka, kth, kurasa, slips, PJ
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    luger, scamp, mr. k, gllty, peaceful
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
  • ranmasamaranmasama I dive kick irl Joined: Posts: 1,657

This whole time I thought your avatar was the cookie monster. Never noticed it was anime face.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/battleforthesouth - Louisiana Tourneys/Casuals
    http://www.justin.tv/ranmasama - Random Xbox Live Matches. On at random times.
  • Crayons760Crayons760 Joined: Posts: 166
    Yooo I'm gonna be out in STL area from the 4th-14th of june out from Cali! You guys have any weekly casuals that go down with an open invite? I wanna check out your scene!
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,585
    Yooo I'm gonna be out in STL area from the 4th-14th of june out from Cali! You guys have any weekly casuals that go down with an open invite? I wanna check out your scene!
    Currently the only true weekly is STL Bar Warz, on Monday nights at Danno's Pub. There's a $5 entry fee if you don't bring a setup but the venue is pretty sweet.

If anything else is going on during that time it should be posted either here on on the STL Bar Warz chat.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
    This whole time I thought your avatar was the cookie monster. Never noticed it was anime face.

lolwut
  • Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731
    LOL the cookie monster wtf O_O
  • throwing is cheapthrowing is cheap master of teleport + assist Joined: Posts: 1,805
    anime cookie monster 2 kawaii
    revive this shit. facebook no more.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
  • beezibopbeezibop Sougenmu--> ??? --> Profit Joined: Posts: 458
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA we in there!
  • evilbenevilben Morally Disinterested Joined: Posts: 292

sorry for the late post. we also have casuals today (friday the 8th) 5-10ish at
    The Hook-Up
    2518 Woodson Road, Overland, MO 63114
    we are having a marvel3 round robin that is pay to enter but the rest is just show up an play.
    Mike_Z wrote:
    (You people and your "waaa waaa charge character waaa". I ought to go change everyone to charge characters...)
    We're well aware of the Japanese situation, and are working to rectify it.
  • Pe4CeFu1Pe4CeFu1 Joined: Posts: 411
    I know we got alot of new blood lately so i figure to get the juices flowing and the noggins thinking we should have a more serious hookup instead of casual night at dannos. With this being said i will do my best to get the best of the best players out to my place and host long ass hookups on the weeksn *we used to go from 7-5 in the morning* and we grinded our shit hard.

Currently i am out of town as some of u may know but once i come back *middle of august* we will be having weekly hookups and we will be getting real games in not this dannos ya anyone can play stuff.
    Throwing Sonic Booms all day
    btw, I got mah dhc 'glitch' back. gonna start using some of mah hidden tech soon. get ready to suck dat digimon dick, mah nigz..lolol :P going back to mah mahvel camp before evo too~
  • SynapsseSynapsse Joined: Posts: 80
    Not entirely sure how far out this is for most of you guys but I figured I'd extend it to you all anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/events/253420134761887/

*** Lincoln FGC Monthly Tournament ***
    When: Saturday, July 14th, signup begins at 1:00 pm, first tournament starts at 1:30. You are free to arrive sooner. SCV and AE will both begin at 1:30, Marvel will begin whenever AE finishes.
    Where: Heidelberg's Sports Bar 16th and Old Cheney, Lincoln, NE 68512 (general, you can't miss it, it's just behind the bp gas station.) if you want to mapquest/googlemaps: 1601 Normandy Court Lincoln, NE 68512
    How Much: $10 for each tournament. The first person to arrive with a PS3, two controllers, and SCV, and the first three people to arrive with a 360 with either Marvel or AE will have $10 off. Each system must have most up-to-date patches for respective games.
    Payout: Each tournament is $50 for first place plus 60% of the pot, second place is $10 plus 40% of the pot.

Last time, some people left without paying their bill. This was an innocent mistake because people were moving around so much and there was confusion with the bar staff. Because of this, the bar may ask to keep your card/ID if you order. Make sure you pay for your food and drinks, people!

If you have questions it's probably easier if you ask them on the FB thread. This will be our second monthly(hopefully) tournament, runs pretty smoothly in my opinion. Anyway figured it'd be a nice thing to send this around to some neighboring areas to see if anyone was interested in coming out for an early tournament for one day. LOTS OF DRIVING.
    XBL/: Synapsse QQ
    GGPO: Synapsse
    sooo... I just realized how much I missed dis dude :rofl:, dis nigga :lol:, dis guy :woot:, dis bitch :mad:, dis gangsta :smokin:, dis dumbass :looney:, and dis dick :coffee:.
  • throwing is cheapthrowing is cheap master of teleport + assist Joined: Posts: 1,805
    JJJ found the emoticons! quick back to facebook!
    lol.. dis 'garbage' thread is sooo clean right now dat we can clearly see what's going on.

oh, forgot to use an emoticon just for da fuck of it.. :P :cybot:
    :coffee:
    Suck. Dat. Digimon. Dick. (SDDD).. :woot:
    God why digimon dicks?
    cuz SDDD soundz goood~
    i am curious. i must see this dirty tech mr. JJJ
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    da dirty ones are dirty, but some of dem are actually clean! :lol:
  • Hoodie_NerdHoodie_Nerd Joined: Posts: 8
    Peaceful, give me a shout when you start those AE grinds when you get back.
    GGs at FNF
    What happen at The FnF who won?
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,349
    image.jpg

list of the up coming tourney.
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
  • dookehdookeh Joined: Posts: 123
    I'll just hop in my time machine for the 6/4 AE tourney
    fuck facebook
  • HorokeuHorokeu Joined: Posts: 153
    YOYOOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOOYOYOYOYOYO

So, Gen is the most stylish character in AE. Hands down.
    Rage, then learn.
    Yo if you lose 10-0 its called a mike webb now
    hector has a few of those.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    -=#STL Vets#=-
  • BarSoapBarSoap I Hate Med School Joined: Posts: 292
    Heyyy everyone how's it going?
    doing alright chillin in KC playing games and stuff
  • Psych0Sh0tPsych0Sh0t CAW CAW CAW Joined: Posts: 1,856
    Currently i am out of town as some of u may know but once i come back *middle of august* we will be having weekly hookups and we will be getting real games in not this dannos ya anyone can play stuff.
    Real games? Not everyone can play? I'll skip auschwitz, thanks.

:I
    Zombie/Dark Knight/Foot Dive
    Yo if you lose 10-0 its called a mike webb now
    what's it called if you get bodied for like 2 years before even getting close to decent (on a local level)?

is that called a peaceful?