STL Garbage VIII: Garbage 3.0 - DON'T SHAKE MY HAND!!

Comments

• beezibopbeezibop Sougenmu--> ??? --> Profit Joined: Posts: 458
    Is it called a beezibop when you say you're going to make it to top 16 but you can't even get out of your own pool?

Oh wait...
  • throwing is cheapthrowing is cheap master of teleport + assist Joined: Posts: 1,805
    ya dats a beezi alright lololol
  • Pe4CeFu1Pe4CeFu1 Joined: Posts: 411
    what's it called if you get bodied for like 2 years before even getting close to decent (on a local level)?

is that called a peaceful?

or we can just call it being a scrub :P *not to be confused with Scrubz*
    Throwing Sonic Booms all day
  • throwing is cheapthrowing is cheap master of teleport + assist Joined: Posts: 1,805
    nah i think we're gonna call it a peaceful
  • ExtrumentalsExtrumentals Captain America? No, I use Sgt. Justice. Joined: Posts: 74
    Como is looking for some competition, check out CoMo-stetics July 28th
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-28-2012-como-stetics-columbia-mo.162056/
    I'm the best at what you do
  • Ronin_OkamiRonin_Okami Joined: Posts: 2
    4480468.png?267
    Hey everyone, another tourney going down this weekend be sure not to miss out on some good competition. Below are some details and I hope to see you there!

ALL GAMES ARE RUN ON XBOX 360!

Seeding: Top FOUR competitors in UMvC3 will receive seeding points for the STL BarWarz season.

Each game will be double elimination unless there are less than 6-7 people, in which it will be a round robin format (everybody plays everybody; 80/20 split between first and second place.)

UMvC3 will be 3/5 Games. Thank you.

Concerning SFxT: If the patch is out that fixes the Rolento glitch by the time this event happens, we will use the current, up to date patch, but if not, we're going SFxT 1.0. Oh, and no gems.

Games:
    Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 - $7
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $7
    Street Fighter x Tekken - $7
    Soul Calibur 5 - $7
    Skullgirls - $7
    Mystery Game - $5

11AM - Doors open
    12PM - Sign ups begin
    1PM - AE2012
    2:30PM - SFxT/Skullgirls
    4PM - UMvC3
    5PM - SC5/Mystery

Normal matches will be 2/3
    Winners/Losers/Grand finals will be 3/5

Venue Fee: $5

Pot Split: 70/20/10
  • playerplayer Jounin Joined: Posts: 1,613
    ggs peaceful. gen hits like a truck :p
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    rex, jjj, aks216, player, aka, kth, kurasa, slips, PJ
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    luger, scamp, mr. k, gllty, peaceful
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
  • Pe4CeFu1Pe4CeFu1 Joined: Posts: 411
    ggs peaceful. gen hits like a truck :p
    Gen does way too much dmg and we need to talk soon bout another Glens Garden im sure ull see it when u get on FB but its been a bit to quiet for my liking :)

Anyone interested in the AE should consider getting the game for PC amazon has a sale right now for 10 dollars

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-Fighter-Arcade-Edition-Pc/dp/B0058AD0RM

you have to click pc download to see that its 10 dollars
    Throwing Sonic Booms all day
  • BaztasticBaztastic Irregular Maverick Hunter Joined: Posts: 465
    xbl - bluberrylite
    | 1926 * 1931 * 1934 * 1942 * 1944 * 1946 * 1964 * 1967 * 1982 * 2006 * 2011 |
    http://stlbarwarz.tumblr.com/ - Check out Season 2 details and more
    www.facebook.com/stlbarwarz - Like Us!
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • ShekeibShekeib Almost Famous Joined: Posts: 668
    how do you beat ryry in umvc3?
    "I bought a seven dollar pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring."

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."

"My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said No, but I want a regular banana later, so, Yeah."

-Mitch Hedberg
  • Bennyb1324Bennyb1324 Joined: Posts: 4
    I am new to the STL area and I want to start coming to some tourneys/events. I saw you have something tomorrow is it 2v2 only?
  • BaztasticBaztastic Irregular Maverick Hunter Joined: Posts: 465
    Hey, Benny. I replied in the Event thread, but this would be as good as any place to let you know that we actually have our Weekly on Monday nights. Those are typically the 1v1 tourney nights. ASTONISH is just a 2v2 monthly progressive ranbat. So, if you can't make it out tonight, please drop in on Monday for the next BarWarz event.

Also, for anyone that doesnt know: BARWARZ TONIGHT! http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jun-27-2012-stl-barwarz-fatal-ko-present-astonish-vol-2-st-louis-mo.162602/
    xbl - bluberrylite
    | 1926 * 1931 * 1934 * 1942 * 1944 * 1946 * 1964 * 1967 * 1982 * 2006 * 2011 |
    http://stlbarwarz.tumblr.com/ - Check out Season 2 details and more
    www.facebook.com/stlbarwarz - Like Us!
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Her0 of Tim3Her0 of Tim3 Kono shobu moratta! Joined: Posts: 986
    So, my friend has been trying to reach out to the players in STL. He posted on FB and hit me up saying no one hit him back. Does STL play SFXT? That's his main game for the time being. Just wondering and if you do want to add him, his GT is Too Lo Fi
    CFN: Mikaul SFV: Ryu/Juri KI: Sadira/Jago
    I think only a handful of STL players play SFxT, and the majority/everyone thinks it's a joke.
    good games last night. my god i fallen off marvel 2. nick beat the shit outta me hard. i wish i coulda had the handicapp match jjj got, LOL! kurasa also in da house, good seein you again. it felt like old times every sundays at NKI's place with da OGs.

playing marvel 2: uh oh happy birthday.....wait thats not whats it called in this game....what was it?
    nick - they're called snapback combos son!

NKI - it was a blast chillin with ya, me gettin bodied in marvel 2 and all that jazz. have a safe flight back.

kurasa - oh you know we in there. we'll kick it soon my dude!

everyone else - same old song and dance. same thing next week, lol :p

good shit rex gettin dat hawaii 5-0 on JJJ and me using kubota escape in an actual match. damn your masta cj team is gettin fuKKin dirty. its like playing the originator himself. UGH!!!!!
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
    maybe we should all pick zero/vergil and act like we're good for mashing buttons while drones are coming at us and doing stupid TACs but dropping the combo.

NEVER let that happen again.
    1 man v. peanut gallery aka stlbarwarz.
    this shit is why you never go full retard.
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,975
    A.R.K. V is about a month away and we'd love to see all you guys there! We're expecting about 200 people from ~10 different states (including confirmed attendance from Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas, Louisiana, California, and Oklahoma) and are throwing in at least $1400 in bonus pots to support some of our games (including $600 each for AE and UMvC3). It will be on August 25th/26th in Jacksonville, AR with games such as Super Street Fighter IV: AE, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, King of Fighters XIII, Persona 4 Arena, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Soul Calibur V, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9, and SkullGirls.

For more information (including an estimate on how much 1st/2nd/3rd will win in AE/UMvC3), visit the official thread here (http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-25-2012-ark-v-1400-bonus-pots-feat-the-best-of-the-south-jacksonville-ar.158608/) or holler at me. For anyone who wants to come, I heavily encourage you to preregister online at www.arktourney.com/registration before August 18th to save money on venue fee.
  • AdventSoulAdventSoul Joined: Posts: 15
    See...now where are those St Charles, St Peters, OFallon gatherings? AE broke and UMvC3 is my current game and im done with the online lag bull...(probably made me worse) Wheres that local shyt?
  • Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731
    What's up man. You're in luck since St CHarles/st peters area is where most of the best players in stl reside. I can't believe all the shit iv missed not checking srk like new players and visitors from cali >_<. AdventSoul pm me your phone number and i'll give you a call about games. Im hosting in st charles saturday night.
  • MetalMusicManMetalMusicMan WURM! Joined: Posts: 401
    What's up man. You're in luck since St CHarles/st peters area is where most of the best players in stl reside. I can't believe all the shit iv missed not checking srk like new players and visitors from cali >_<. AdventSoul pm me your phone number and i'll give you a call about games. Im hosting in st charles saturday night.

Yeah, I haven't been checking in because so few people post here anymore.

Personally though, I like forums a lot better than Facebook; I wish we'd all come back to Shoryuken.
    Steam: MetalMusicMan04
    hypedragon.net | Youtube: MetalMusicMan04 | Twitter: @MetalMusicMan04
  • SynapsseSynapsse Joined: Posts: 80
    http://www.facebook.com/events/400798546645256/ Tournament in Lincoln, Nebraska. here's the Facebook event page, feel free to post there and let us know you're coming!

Here's your general information. Anything else(including the information here) can be found on the Facebook page.

When and Where?

This tournament will take place on September 7, 2012, with registration starting at 5:30 PM on site. Matches will start around 6:30 PM.

All games will be played at The Game Room in downtown Lincoln, located at 1709 O street, Lincoln, NE 68508.
    Registration and Prizes

All registration will take place on site, beginning at 5:30 PM. Entry to each tournament is $10. Of each entry, $7 will go into the prize pool, and the remainder will go into HLeSports towards building the local and regional fighting game community and hosting future events.

Games this Month will be SSFIV:AE 2012, UMVC3, KoFXIII, and SCV.
    XBL/: Synapsse QQ
    GGPO: Synapsse
    we need to start using the forums more. it gets tiring when people come up to me and ask if the scene is dead but really people migrated to facebook.

im gonna start doing regular 1 v 1 sessions again soon. this time around, im no longer the one traveling cuz gas added up and for me to gain nothing from it but to help others.......not good enough anymore(unless its STC players :p) you wanna get better? show me. talk is one thing (oh i do wanna get better, oh ill come out, let me get your number...imma start hittin you up, etc) but to NEVER follow thru..........:(

to those i do see comin out(excluding barwarz nights), etc etc.......good shit. to list a few, beezibop, psychoshot, blackken, whitebudda.

a bit harsh? could be but at least its real and honest.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    -=#STL Vets#=-
  • FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 13,217
    So... Ummm...

I don't really know a better way to ask this so...

I'm gonna be in St Louis this weekend. Is anything going on?
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal
    BB: Tager, Bullet, Ragna, Mu, Terumi
    SF3:Yang
    Srs ppl only post on SRKay

@FlyingVe: yo do you happen to know a guy named Ethan C. by chance?
    Srs ppl only post on SRKay

@FlyingVe: yo do you happen to know a guy named Ethan C. by chance?
    yeah, he's been a good friend since like 5th grade.

I think he mentioned you once. :)

But if you guys just want to do casuals, I'm down. I'm way out of practice though. I can come up tonight if that helps. I should be free Saturday, pretty much all day. And I could be there by 6ish today if there's a reason for me to be there.
    Yay. He told me to look for you at UFGT, but apparently someone was impersonating you or something lol

I'm sure Rex will accommodate outside guests tomorrow. I think there's some P4 grinding tonight at someone else's place if you're into that.
    Yay. He told me to look for you at UFGT, but apparently someone was impersonating you or something lol

I'm sure Rex will accommodate outside guests tomorrow. I think there's some P4 grinding tonight at someone else's place if you're into that.
    sure. I need the grinding. I'm having a really hard time getting into p4a?

WHen and what time?

Or who should I get in touch with.
    7014 middlevalley walk stl mo 63123

Starts after 3 apparently.
    7014 middlevalley walk stl mo 63123

Starts after 3 apparently.
    i wouldn't be in town till 6 at the earliest, probably later. Is stuff still going.

Also, that's a home address. Does anyone know I'm coming, I'm not a big fan of just showing up at someone's house?
    Haha I can let him know. And yeah people will still be there throughout the night. Those P4 guys go hard
    Okay, I don't know when I'll head up. Is he on SRK? I'll PM him.
    I think it's RadioGnome? Or something with RadioGnome in it. Or you can just hit me up since I'll probably be there as well and am in the same situation as you are with the game. Or I'll just be playing at the lonely marvel setup lol
    radiognome is banned from srk. just tossing that out there
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    I think it's RadioGnome? Or something with RadioGnome in it. Or you can just hit me up since I'll probably be there as well and am in the same situation as you are with the game. Or I'll just be playing at the lonely marvel setup lol
    well if your there, and you know I'm coming I'll feel better.

Does Ethan have your info? I'm staying with him.
    Yea he should have my number.
    Yea he should have my number.
    okay, I'll harass him when I get there then and send you a text or something.
    Okay, so I'll be up there on Saturday, so i anything is going on, I'd love to get some games in, even if I'm mad rusty.
  • RadioGnomeRadioGnome $0.00 Joined: Posts: 62
    My ban was lifted in March. I was spamming too much. Anyway yeah shit is still going down and I'd be glad to have you Ve. Address is 7014 Middlevalley Walk 63123, my number is 314-302-5780. We'll be going all night. I only have P4A for PS3 so if you're a 360 guy you may want to bring a copy.