STL Garbage VIII: Garbage 3.0 - DON'T SHAKE MY HAND!!

Comments

• FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 13,217
    My ban was lifted in March. I was spamming too much. Anyway yeah shit is still going down and I'd be glad to have you Ve. Address is 7014 Middlevalley Walk 63123, my number is 314-302-5780. We'll be going all night. I only have P4A for PS3 so if you're a 360 guy you may want to bring a copy.
    I'm not gonna be able to make it up tonight. I'll be around by about noon tomorrow, is anything going on Saturday?
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal
    BB: Tager, Bullet, Ragna, Mu, Terumi
    SF3:Yang
  • Pe4CeFu1Pe4CeFu1 Joined: Posts: 411
    yo ve what games u play?
    Throwing Sonic Booms all day
    yo ve what games u play?
    Pretty much all of them to be honest.

Even MK9 and VF.

To varying levels of ability of course. I'm more about the play than the game. if that makes sense.
  • beezibopbeezibop Sougenmu--> ??? --> Profit Joined: Posts: 458

To varying levels of ability of course. I'm more about the play than the game. if that makes sense.

That's some deep shit.
    That's some deep shit.
    if I see you tomorrow, you will find out I'm mostly salt and cussing.
    if I see you tomorrow, you will find out I'm mostly salt and cussing.

Good. We need more salt in STL. I can only complain so much.
  • RadioGnomeRadioGnome $0.00 Joined: Posts: 62
    So tomorrow there is a P4A hookup in IL. I don't mind giving rides. I don't know if Rex0r is having Grindhouse or not. BUt thats in St. Charles. Where you going to be located Ve?
    So tomorrow there is a P4A hookup in IL. I don't mind giving rides. I don't know if Rex0r is having Grindhouse or not. BUt thats in St. Charles. Where you going to be located Ve?
    I'll be staying with a friend right near forest park.

I'm still pretty garbage at P4U though. haven't had time to practice it much.
    I think I will pick up Yang. I won't pick the other twin!

Practicing marvel infinites is burning my soul and brain.. I should take a break from them lol
  • JJJJJJ Joined: Posts: 2,176
    go play some p4a and kof~ :P
  • RadioGnomeRadioGnome $0.00 Joined: Posts: 62
    Well I'm garbage too Ve. I can pick you up if you want. It's on the way.
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,585
    im gonna start doing regular 1 v 1 sessions again soon. this time around, im no longer the one traveling cuz gas added up and for me to gain nothing from it but to help others.......not good enough anymore(unless its STC players :p) you wanna get better? show me. talk is one thing (oh i do wanna get better, oh ill come out, let me get your number...imma start hittin you up, etc) but to NEVER follow thru..........:(

a bit harsh? could be but at least its real and honest.
    I texted you for months but sessions never worked out and you never actually invited me to your house so I assumed that wasn't an option. I really hope you're not talking about me.

Also, last time you said you were taking a break from AE so I'm assuming you're still talking about Marvel only?
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
  • Pe4CeFu1Pe4CeFu1 Joined: Posts: 411
    hmm mr k he could be refering to me also :P

also i should be back round the 25th which means xbl psn and gfwl to anyone that wants to play ae

i have found a new love for rose again the amount of salt she brings is too high for me to pass up
    Throwing Sonic Booms all day
    Well I'm garbage too Ve. I can pick you up if you want. It's on the way.
    Okay, I'll send you a text or something when I'm in town.
    go play some p4a and kof~ :P

I could do that too, I guess. lol
    I'm in STL now. I sent a message to radio gnome and jeezibop. Let me know if anything is up.
  • playerplayer Jounin Joined: Posts: 1,613
    mr. k - it wasnt toward anyone in specific. it was just a general statement. once september hits, the plan will be in motion. it'll be for both ae and marvel. more details in due time.

not to be harsh, but if rex isnt holding anything, its not worth going to anything. might as well just do a private 1 v 1 session.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    rex, jjj, aks216, player, aka, kth, kurasa, slips, PJ
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    luger, scamp, mr. k, gllty, peaceful
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
  • witebuddhawitebuddha circuit jerk Joined: Posts: 147
    we need to start using the forums more. it gets tiring when people come up to me and ask if the scene is dead but really people migrated to facebook.

im gonna start doing regular 1 v 1 sessions again soon. this time around, im no longer the one traveling cuz gas added up and for me to gain nothing from it but to help others.......not good enough anymore(unless its STC players :p) you wanna get better? show me. talk is one thing (oh i do wanna get better, oh ill come out, let me get your number...imma start hittin you up, etc) but to NEVER follow thru..........:(

i want to take you up on this when it does go live... admittedly i have a weird schedule, but if i can meet with you weekly i would like to get in on it... marvel obviously, but i'm not opposed to SF either...

as a side note: i'm not opposed to using SRK, facebook is just easier for a lot of people... it also helps out newer players that don't know how to approach people or our community... IMO i don't see why we can't use both... with SRK being for people wanting to be a bit more serious and facebook used for getting info on hookups and meeting people
    right on whitebuddha. i've been workin on vergil alot.

on the other topic, i will agree with you 100%, its easier in a way but whose to say we cant use this for hook ups either? before facebook, this is all we had for hook up info, etc. also, with out of towners wanting to chime in for whatever reason, this is the only place they can check and with it being a dead zone for a while, i dont blame them for not wanting to post in here. we cant assume they'll know how to get thru to the facebook page, ya know?

the way i see it, this way i can distinctively see who is serious and who just wants to casually meet up and bust balls. like you said, the serious ones will post here and the serious ones are the ones ill go out of my way to play. i dont want to waste my time with barwarz lackey #1-5.

i apologize if this seems mean but i gotta do things that will improve the stl scene instead of hearing shit like "i come to the stl page just for laughs now" etc. or whatever post one of the KC guys posted today cuz honestly, thats ALL i hear from alot of the out of towners and id rather not see stl be a fucking joke after all the time those before us invested to get the city recognized.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
    Glen trying to maintain dat city legacy!
    For what it's worth, Its looking like I'll be in STL again this weekend.
  • Psych0Sh0tPsych0Sh0t CAW CAW CAW Joined: Posts: 1,856
    EMP reporting in.
    Zombie/Dark Knight/Foot Dive
  • Hyper InfernoHyper Inferno Joined: Posts: 511
    Just gonna pop in and say that I'm going to be back in St. Louis again for school. Hope to see you guys at a session at some point!
  • witebuddhawitebuddha circuit jerk Joined: Posts: 147
    on the other topic, i will agree with you 100%, its easier in a way but whose to say we cant use this for hook ups either? before facebook, this is all we had for hook up info, etc. also, with out of towners wanting to chime in for whatever reason, this is the only place they can check and with it being a dead zone for a while, i dont blame them for not wanting to post in here. we cant assume they'll know how to get thru to the facebook page, ya know?

the way i see it, this way i can distinctively see who is serious and who just wants to casually meet up and bust balls. like you said, the serious ones will post here and the serious ones are the ones ill go out of my way to play. i dont want to waste my time with barwarz lackey #1-5.

i only champion it because i never got hookups on SRK before, i used to beg people... but they respond on facebook... that's how ive gotten in practice with BlackKen, Big Mike, ForeverZero, BushidoBrown, Giovanni, Evil Ben, etc on the side (if just once or so)... but i see your point... and here i am, posting to get some training time in :D

i'm looking forward to it really, i'm hard pressed to get some good games in with people, long sets, scheduled if possible... let me know when you want to talk details and i appreciate the consideration beforehand however it goes
    for sure whitebuddha. oddly enough, marvhal has caught my attention more than 2012 has lately. im gettin pretty bored with 2012, i picked up freakin gen.

we'll talk soon.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    -=#STL Vets#=-
  • ranmasamaranmasama I dive kick irl Joined: Posts: 1,657
    next max out,id wanna see metal attend. see how he does against axiom and boxy and focra and such
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    -=#STL Vets#=-
  • JJJJJJ Joined: Posts: 2,176

well, I asked around on fb, but no one seems to be going.. :( :lame:
    Okay, it's confirmed.

I'll be in STL again this weekend. I'll be getting into town Friday evening.
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
  • XiangXiang The Old Man Joined: Posts: 594
    Hey, guys. I don't like to spam too much, so this'll be the only time I do. We're only a little over a month away from our big event here in Iowa: MOK. It's traditionally been a 3d thing, but I've been trying to expand the games and get some 2d guys out. It's fun and we got raffles and free prizes and stuff. Come take our money! http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/oct-20-2012-mok-2-tekken-tag-2-sf-mvc-sc-vf-cedar-rapids-ia.162608/
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,585
    STL SRK isn't dead, it just migrated here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/162477990468832/
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
    The dream is dead.
  • theanimefan101theanimefan101 HYPE. BUTTON MASHING. SALTINESS Joined: Posts: 451
    Whats up everyone, so wichita will be hosting a tournament on the 27th at battlestations gaming, this place is just like lazy day games was, hope you guys make it out since there will be some sweet prizes up for grabs.

http://www.facebook.com/events/373771942697595/

BattleStations Gaming Presents: OCTOBERFIST
    27 October at 12:00 at BattleStations Gaming

5uwzdFmIMKQ.png

BattleStations Gaming Presents: OCTOBERFIST
    ‎27 October at 12:00 at BattleStations Gaming
    Follow our group on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/groups/129209053830689/ so you can stay up to date about upcoming tournaments in wichita,ks
  • b1arghb1argh derp Joined: Posts: 359
    @AKA: Check your PMs good sir! :X
    aka ludwig van
    "Remember, if you're not getting punched in the face, then you could have played better. " - Chachi
  • humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,403
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fnov-3-2012-bring-on-the-paign-2-urbana-il.170145%2F

Haha all tournament spam in STL but...

hope some of you can make it to Champaign/Urbana Nov3rd! Marvel, SF4, KOF. (more with atleast 8 signups)
  • TuboWareTuboWare Mouth of the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,100 mod
    Come play games in Chambana, then get drunk with the IFD crew!
    Owner of www.IFDWEAR.com
    Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/tuboware
    Follow IFDWear on twitter too!! www.twitter.com/IFDWear
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
  • RadianRadian pick a top tier Joined: Posts: 645