THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN - The Houston Thread - Texas Showdown May 5-7, 2017

JanJan Joined: Posts: 305 mod
edited February 8 in Southwest
Things are changing in our city. Our player base is expanding and we have new places to play. There is a lot of talent in Houston right now and it is a good time to be a part of the scene! This thread will be for updating information about locations to play in Houston, tournament news, lessons, arranging get togethers, gaming strats, finding carpools to events outside of Houston, and other fighting game related talk. The joking and shit talk is fine as long as we maintain a focus on playing and improving. Don?t be disrespectful to other people posting as this does nothing but cause unnecessary beef and can get you banned. If you have personal beef solve it with them outside of the forums. Have fun everyone!

Weekly events:

University of Houston
Student Center

Fridays starting at 8pm

Listed below is the facebook page and irc info for all of those interested. I would recommend checking these 2 out.

- http://www.facebook.com/groups/230660523652050/

-(#houstonfightersunited on efnet)
Post edited by Ranma0005 on

Comments

• AirbrushKingAirbrushKing AirbrushKing.net Joined: Posts: 2,028
    edited May 2015
    17991454609_f27e10a88c_b.jpg
    Join the Houston Video Game Network by going to this link at http://www.facebook.com/groups/HoustonVGN and click join! Ill approve your request so ill see you in the HoustonVGN...
    Post edited by AirbrushKing on
    GIS-Avatar.gif
  • JanJan Joined: Posts: 305 mod
    Reserved
  • Ranma0005Ranma0005 Drunkin Style SF Master Joined: Posts: 1,198 mod
    "If I'm not here, I'm at Stargate. If I'm not at Stargate, I'm on my way to Stargate :D"
    MLG Fighting Games Referee
    Examiner Column Writer
    Texas Showdown Tournament Organizer and Director
  • T37 RampageT37 Rampage DGAF Joined: Posts: 1,264
    So guys, how about that STREET FIGHTER©?

I sure do love me some STREET FIGHTER©.
    anime swag
  • Ev1LEv1L Joined: Posts: 292
    Word......?
    Veni, vidi, vici
    Rampage: Gold Coast is the hotel I stayed at. It was 17$ a night and I got a 2 bedroom also which was 2 good. Are you setting up everything for evo right now like flight and hotel?
    GIS-Avatar.gif
  • T37 RampageT37 Rampage DGAF Joined: Posts: 1,264
    I'm looking into it. I may do it all within the week if everything works out.
    anime swag
    I'm looking into it. I may do it all within the week if everything works out.

Nice! The stock I invested in is suppose to do 2$ by tomorrow. If it does, wrap time nap time. Let me know when you booking your hotel and flight cause I dont mind flying with you. We could be playing emulators with mvc1 on it =]
    GIS-Avatar.gif
  • Ajtucker22Ajtucker22 Blue Lantern of Earth. Joined: Posts: 818
    Hey brian, hold off on my copy of AH3 for a week. Some shit came up and I need new tires.
    Move fast and have hope.
  • AlexAlex Slayer Scrub Joined: Posts: 590
    Hello my name is alex ^_^. I dont like to drive to far places but I play at Monsters whenever I can (although I have to leave by 10pm cause of stupid work). I play Dudley in street fighter. Add me on XBOX for some Dudley matches.

But my true love right now is BlazBlue, and I have been secretly training to be the best Makoto Nanaya PLayer in the WORLD! She has the play style of Slayer and Sol if they did the fusion dance. I am realy looking forward to playing CS2, and I Hope they have Blaze in some form at EVO this year. add me on xbox for blaz matches too!

As for MVC3 I am undecided if I will play seriously.

My adivce on getting better:

Play more against people that are better then you! If you beat someone more then 5 times in a row, you need to play someone else. (Unless of course you are the best and are helping out someone else that wants to get better. IN that case thank you for helping.)
    Slayer ALex.
  • boys stupid dawgboys stupid dawg Joined: Posts: 109
    Fools don't know bout the game of death
  • SuavionSuavion Joined: Posts: 302
    Hi, I use balrog! They nerfed him in AE.....so I'm currently mad! Now my main focus will be mahvel 3! I love houston!!!!!
    I AM THE MISSISSIPPI KILLER
    Xzalla - Damn i gotta take metro today,but atleast i'm looking sexy though. Girls gonna be like "Girl who is that?! He look sexy waitin' for metro"
    Hello my name is alex ^_^. I dont like to drive to far places but I play at Monsters whenever I can (although I have to leave by 10pm cause of stupid work). I play Dudley in street fighter. Add me on XBOX for some Dudley matches.

But my true love right now is BlazBlue, and I have been secretly training to be the best Makoto Nanaya PLayer in the WORLD! She has the play style of Slayer and Sol if they did the fusion dance. I am realy looking forward to playing CS2, and I Hope they have Blaze in some form at EVO this year. add me on xbox for blaz matches too!

As for MVC3 I am undecided if I will play seriously.

My adivce on getting better:

Play more against people that are better then you! If you beat someone more then 5 times in a row, you need to play someone else. (Unless of course you are the best and are helping out someone else that wants to get better. IN that case thank you for helping.)

Wtf... I haven't seen you in like a month! Damn no more hakumen?! ;(. I really wanted you to get good with him!
  • jewelmanjewelman Hsien's #1 fan! Joined: Posts: 1,968
    what happened between genius and abk? I sincerely hope that issue was resolved
    Look at all my vids and you'll see I live and die by the ass.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOO YA! muthafuckin kool-aid honda

Graduate of the James Chen School of Execution :lol:
    It has been. A while ago actually.

Then stop bringing it back up! Then that boy abk goes on a rampage. And we are back to where we started
    Alex: I would like to see you play mvc3. I know you was pretty good at guilty gear so I would like to see what u can do in marhvel 3. Im tired of watching vids of other people having fun. Im ready to jump that games bones dammmit!
    GIS-Avatar.gif
    Nah alex stick to blaz. Even though its dead
  • Reach-Reach- King of Dance Joined: Posts: 114
    Awesome!
    XBL: Reach SRK
    AE: No fuckin' clue!
  • 3nigmat1c3nigmat1c Labcoat Balrog Joined: Posts: 1,792
    Hi, I use balrog! They nerfed him in AE.....so I'm currently mad! Now my main focus will be mahvel 3! I love houston!!!!!

that free ride had to end soon, headbutt was just too good **sarcasm.

oh and lol @ thor, what's that? down fierce, SPAM assist, down fierce, SPAM assist...call pheonix, profit.
    ...::: Pure_Knowledge :::...
    http://www.youtube.com/3nigmat1c

"Does my opponent deserve my respect?"
  • Sinister-XSinister-X Rodolfo Alaniz Joined: Posts: 2,085
    New MSP in MvC3

that is all :smile:
  • GoshzillaGoshzilla Joined: Posts: 12
  • sylintsylint Joined: Posts: 229
    Wondered why the other thread was closed all of a sudden.
  • falcon176falcon176 Joined: Posts: 208
    fighting on streets
  • madocmadoc XBL: Clutch City 95 Joined: Posts: 569
    My name's Sean and I play Cammy in SSF4. I'm striving to be the best in ssf4 and mvc3! I frequently play at monster's on Tuesdays and smiley's on Wednesdays. You may also catch me on xbl sometimes.
  • WinchesterWinchester Quick On The Trigger Joined: Posts: 822
    Hi, my name is Winchester. I mash a lot and get away with it quite often. I always say I'm on and off due to life and school, but that just means I'm off and I'll stop caring two weeks later. Maybe Marvel or Tag 2 might stop that habit, who knows. If you need any Sagat help or a Sagat punching bag to use in training mode, let me know. I may randomly show up at all three listed venues at their specific dates, but if you find me at Smileys or Planet Zero, I will be too intoxicated to be of any use. Admitting is always the first step to recovery :clown:
    Striving to be the best in ssf4 and mvc3!

You'll never be better then me mah boi
  • 3nigmat1c3nigmat1c Labcoat Balrog Joined: Posts: 1,792
    ...::: Pure_Knowledge :::...
    http://www.youtube.com/3nigmat1c

"Does my opponent deserve my respect?"
    :looney:
  • madocmadoc XBL: Clutch City 95 Joined: Posts: 569
    It's funny that I won that many games playing like complete shit
    Dayumm whos cammy is that? I wonder if its i love the brush cammy:wonder:

Ps: That cammy is mad solid btw. I likes =]

3nigmat1c: U da man. Appreciate the vids big homie!
    GIS-Avatar.gif
    Since we are doing introduction my name is Jan everyone!

I've been around the Houston scene for a long time. Have seen it change in a bunch of ways. I will be managing this thread. PM me if you have any questions!
    Allow me to introduce myself, My name is DeAngelo aka AirbrushKing. Been a tio for 3 1/2 years now and its been great run so far meeting new players. Started Test Your Skills Series 1 1/2 years ago and its been growing like crazy thanks to the help I have from Jan aka The MAN & Jake 13/Melee scene & the texas community. Main games I play is Mvc2 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Marvel 2. Cant wait till mvc3 drops to see if imma bring back the world famous chip and dale team. I love houston cause theres no place like htown that will give you them 2 for 1 specials. Srk + Houston = BOOOOM! Check out houstons gaming scene cause it has some good spots to play at during the week. You can check me out at smileys every wed starting at 8. Any questions, hit me though a pm and join the tys series facebook page. We in there!
    GIS-Avatar.gif
  • Raph_StrykerRaph_Stryker Living the Life Joined: Posts: 878
    I am Raph, aka Fernando J., and I am a scrub.

I also play almost every game, and am actually motivated to get better, so hit me up to play whenever.
    Not too shabby.
  • Shempi81Shempi81 MEIN KMFDM Joined: Posts: 532

GTFO you ain't in H town ho :P
    M.O.D.O.K's Theme.. d:Db

He's got a lotta better mixups that damn medium punch don't complain work with it and only combo in with that stupid headbutt
    im moving to houston this summer

• Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,247
    Wish I had a good schedule to actually hit the arcades... My name is Marlon gamertag Grimmjow316 mostly a SSF4 player getting ready for MVC3 and later on MK, I'm mostly on PS3 if anyone wants to play against a mediocre Gief.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
    i counted 14 wake up reversals LOL

im moving to houston this summer

What happened to Austin?
  • linkdudelinkdude Joined: Posts: 20
    Hello my name is Isaac. Been in the scene for a year now? You can say I main Chun-li in SSF4. You can say I am pretty good. All I can say is I am striving to get better at that poking, spacing and all around footsies. I'm most likely better than you at it! I also like to play anything else in existence except for mahvel 2, cuz mahvel 3 is coming. I enjoy Kof 2002: UM, TvC, Blazblue (the only noel in town i think....?), Super Turbo, and i'm dabbling into some Samurai Showdown. Anyway, I stay solid, and I will annoy you in-game for sure!

Play me on Ps3.
    SSFII:HDR/ST - Chun-li
    SF3:TS - Ken, Chun-li
    SSF4 - Chun-li
    BB:CS II - Noel Vermillion
    KOF XIII - Athena, Ash, Kula.
  • liquidzamo02liquidzamo02 My name is Marc. Joined: Posts: 184
    Hi I'm Daisy
    ^ Hiiiiii
    Are you hot?
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    The name's Jacob. I don't live in Houston, but my fellow Louisiana players go against you guys in tournaments every now and then so I'd like to go against you guys at least in some online matches. Gamertag's KumaOso and I play an annoying Fuerte (YMMV) and I always love a good challenge.

I also like to play KOF 2K2 and BlazBlue a bit, but I'm still trying to find my mains. Looking into Guilty Gear as well with Bridget and Milia.
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^we dont know this fellow...
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
  • Tigres_82Tigres_82 Joined: Posts: 152
    Thanks for the vids 3nigmat1c
    "anyone who opposes me shall be destroyed" Raul Julia as bison
  • great cow lordgreat cow lord I fart in my sleep Joined: Posts: 821
    Hi I'm Daisy

lololol

daisy & princess peach is my team in double dash~
    Insta-Hatin since '94
  • mexiwontmexiwont resident mexican Joined: Posts: 1,722
    *watches vids*

Jesus! How many opportunities do you need to finish someone off Jan?
    at least im better at bust a move!!!!
    GTFO you ain't in H town ho :P

She forgot to introduce her self. She's shrimpy and she's a groupie

Im a troll and enjoy making ppl mad cuz they shouldn't be taking the internet so serious in the first place I also suck at gamez
  • CatBreadCatBread ‾ ε ‾ Joined: Posts: 68
    lololol

daisy & princess peach is my team in double dash~

Hi I'm Daisy!

Hi I'm Daisy!

Hi I'm Daisy!

Hi I'm Daisy!

"Daniel are you OK?"

"Daniel!"

Then waking up in Charles' clothes... :3
    Add me!
    XBL: w3wp