THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN - The Houston Thread - Texas Showdown May 5-7, 2017

Comments

• Raph_StrykerRaph_Stryker Living the Life Joined: Posts: 878
    ^

Im going to need a team for this ^_^
    Not too shabby.
  • AirbrushKingAirbrushKing AirbrushKing.net Joined: Posts: 2,028
    Keitarousegawa: When you come to TYS Bar Fights 4 you should play a set with a player named rosekid. Hes the only rose i know of in houston thats pretty good. He comes out sometimes to the weekly meets.

W.E.M.P.: Welcome to the houston scene. Try to come out to the meets so we can meet you. Monsters/Scrub Tues and Wed Fight Nights @ Smileys. If you need more info check the front page or let us know.

Tin: Were you been man? You playing ultimate mvc3 or what?

3nigmat1c: 100% agreed. I just want people to know for the record only reason why i said money is so people would take it serious even if it was for 1$ or dennys was on the line. But like you said bragging rights = respect so money can happen at a later time. If they want to run it back for money we can do that at a Test Your Skills tournament.

Irc chat name: #baybehhbaybehh sounds sick.
    GIS-Avatar.gif
  • liquidzamo02liquidzamo02 My name is Marc. Joined: Posts: 184
    #HoustonSRK
    #SRKHouston
    #HoustonSalt
    you guys are making this way more difficult than it needs to be.
  • DJ TitoDJ Tito Scrubbin it up!!! Joined: Posts: 28
    Sorry I couldnt make it!! I will go to the next one1
  • Raph_StrykerRaph_Stryker Living the Life Joined: Posts: 878
    #HoustonFGC
    Not too shabby.
  • MoodkipMoodkip Moody Joined: Posts: 26
    Hey guys, I work at a Blockbuster that is trying to bring in some extra business and they gave me the green light to do a fight night on one of our slower days (so we don't disrupt the other customers). The Blockbuster is in Cypress over at Grant and Louetta (13105 Louetta Rd.), would this be something anybody would be interested in?
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,289
    Wed Fight Night Wrap Up: Been a minute since i did the wrap up. Like to start off by saying shoutouts to everyone including the new people that came through last night. We had a total of 25+ players come out and 10 new players so the growth has begun. There was 5 setups including 3rdstrike/Mvc3/SSf4/MK9...

Ahhh nah, y'all bring MK9 to Wed fight nights.:rolleyes:
    Anyways, I'm thinking about coming out either Tues. or Wed for some causals. I've been switching back and forth from Gears 3 to A.E.as I'm trying to rank up Sagat.

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
    Ahhh nah, y'all bring MK9 to Wed fight nights.:rolleyes:
    Anyways, I'm thinking about coming out either Tues. or Wed for some causals. I've been switching back and forth from Gears 3 to A.E.as I'm trying to rank up Sagat.

Smileys would be good this week because we have some of the Thur Fight Night players coming through so you should have plenty of competition to rank up that sagat. I got word from the owner that starting this week, there bringing back the live Dj and are looking for promoters to bring us another college night. Im looking forward to this cause college nights were wild and left classic memorys. Live Dj/Live Performances/College Bootys/High level competition = :D
    GIS-Avatar.gif
  • NinicismNinicism It's Alex Joined: Posts: 249
    Hey guys, new to fighting games but I really want to be active in the scene. I am interested in MvC3 ( and just bought AE ), anyone live by the Tomball, Spring area???

Yea, I live in The Woodlands, which is considered a part of the spring. There are a few others and I tried to get some casuals going, but it never happened.
  • Reach-Reach- King of Dance Joined: Posts: 114
    Hey guys, I work at a Blockbuster that is trying to bring in some extra business and they gave me the green light to do a fight night on one of our slower days (so we don't disrupt the other customers). The Blockbuster is in Cypress over at Grant and Louetta (13105 Louetta Rd.), would this be something anybody would be interested in?
    That's really close to my house. What day are you talking about doing it on?

Also if anyone else lives in the Cypress/Tomball area let me know. I'm down for games.
    XBL: Reach SRK
    AE: No fuckin' clue!
  • Ranma0005Ranma0005 Drunkin Style SF Master Joined: Posts: 1,198 mod
    Place up north off 1960 and Champions called Insomnia hosts tournament every once in a while, I know they had MvC3 a couple weeks ago and AE recently I believe.
    "If I'm not here, I'm at Stargate. If I'm not at Stargate, I'm on my way to Stargate :D"
    MLG Fighting Games Referee
    Examiner Column Writer
    Texas Showdown Tournament Organizer and Director
  • Reach-Reach- King of Dance Joined: Posts: 114
    Place up north off 1960 and Champions called Insomnia hosts tournament every once in a while, I know they had MvC3 a couple weeks ago and AE recently I believe.
    I heard that they stopped doing tournaments.
    XBL: Reach SRK
    AE: No fuckin' clue!
  • KeitarousegawaKeitarousegawa Joined: Posts: 10
    There was a super tourney there on saturday. Yeah super not AE, people complaining about buffs/nerfs from super to AE made them not use AE.
  • TostitoSalsaTostitoSalsa Joined: Posts: 148
    I was told I could find a sensei by the name of CodyLegend, one of the most renowned Cody players on XBOX Live. I would like to extennd my application to be his student and learn from the best. I know I am not worthy to even gaze upon his prison uniform but hopefully he finds it in his heart to take in a ruffian such as myself and allow me to at least be the second best Cody. If anyone can pass along this message, I would be truly grateful. Maybe now I will be able to get over 3000pp on XBOX Live. A boy can dream.....
    "JOP: Hey Joe, you're getting better!" ^_^
    "JOP: THANK GOD FOR FEI LONG"
  • FelinoterFelinoter (´~`) Joined: Posts: 617
    so have we decided on an IRC yet
    아이구
  • madocmadoc XBL: Clutch City 95 Joined: Posts: 569
    I'm not sure it matters because I think you and I are the only ones in IRC
  • MoodkipMoodkip Moody Joined: Posts: 26
    That's really close to my house. What day are you talking about doing it on?

Also if anyone else lives in the Cypress/Tomball area let me know. I'm down for games.
    Well, I didn't want to step on the toes of Monster's/Smiley's so I was thinking Monday, Thursday, or Sunday night. Basically whichever is best for the majority of the people planning to go is what we'd pick. Oh, and just found out that we won't be charging if we do start doing it, we'd just need a few setups.
  • sylintsylint Joined: Posts: 229
    I was told I could find a sensei by the name of CodyLegend, one of the most renowned Cody players on XBOX Live. I would like to extennd my application to be his student and learn from the best. I know I am not worthy to even gaze upon his prison uniform but hopefully he finds it in his heart to take in a ruffian such as myself and allow me to at least be the second best Cody. If anyone can pass along this message, I would be truly grateful. Maybe now I will be able to get over 3000pp on XBOX Live. A boy can dream.....

You won't find him in here cause he doesn't come on SRK. You won't find him online now because he said he's done with online for now. He doesn't even have his xbox at his crib anymore....it's at his homeboy's crib. However....you can look up some replays on youtube. lol Just look up SIECodyLegendRT and see what you think about it.
    Lmao, just watched his match against Juicebox's Cody. Gonna put that match in the lab so I can steal those godlike setups. Dude is too good ^_^
    You guys are trolling right? I looked that guy up and watched him lose really bad to two mediocre online players. His cody is straight ass.
    But he has almost 4000pp????

So......real talk...how much money can I win off this guy?

IDk houston has taken quite a bit from him thus far, and he still has more lined up for ABK's tourney. Who knows how much he has :<

What u want to play for mr. salsa and ill let him know? Dec 3/TYS Bar Fights 5 is when he would like to play you so please clear your busy schedule sir cause your title is on the line:sweat:
    GIS-Avatar.gif
    I'll try to clear up my schedule for your wonderful event sir. I'll also be at BloodBath and Beyond as well so I'll be seeing you guys soon enough, Hopefully he doesn't body me so I can afford to eat down at Timmy Chans (sp?) haha. Or I guess we can always hit up dat Denny's :)
  • liquidzamo02liquidzamo02 My name is Marc. Joined: Posts: 184
    Damn. If this kid is so free I may want a slice. It'll be for chump change though. I've never touched SSF4: AE. And maybe played ssf4 a total of about 3 times. It seems fun though. Very few people have seen me semi-try at a fighting game and I want to get serious again IF I can get off Saturdays (for tournaments) at this funk job. We shall see.
  • RetekinRetekin Joined: Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jan Micheal! How would you like to join Rudy and myself on the winning team for BBB3? Lemme know, dawg!
    An uppercut is a thinking man's block.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    "Team White Guys, the least racist out of all of you"
    ~Some ethnic guy
    Scrub Tuesday @ Monsters Arcade. You are all free.
  • FelinoterFelinoter (´~`) Joined: Posts: 617
    will i be able to beat the amazing CodyLegend if i practice AE cody for 10 days?
    아이구
  • GaltGalt Joined: Posts: 40
    Jan Micheal! How would you like to join Rudy and myself on the winning team for BBB3? Lemme know, dawg!

Can't because I'm with Mike Weng and Jacob. Joe had me rolling!
    Teaching Boys How to Block
    Creator
  • sylintsylint Joined: Posts: 229
    will i be able to beat the amazing CodyLegend if i practice AE cody for 10 days?

Pick Gief and its an automatic win. Alternatives are Cammy, Rufus, or the twins. Fei Long is also an option .
  • O.RedO.Red Joined: Posts: 388

That won't be enough.

You're going to have to train with Apollo Creed in the hood.

That'll get you ready

[
    "I bet it burns like a bitch and your eyeballs pop like hot grapes"
  • BIG BEEF!BIG BEEF! Joined: Posts: 1,635
    Not sure how many older Houston players are still around that would remember me but in town for the week where the games at?
  • JanJan Joined: Posts: 305 mod
    Monsters tonight, Smiley's tomorrow
  • BIG BEEF!BIG BEEF! Joined: Posts: 1,635
    I'm about 30 mins from monsterswilling too hook anyone up with some gas money for a ride text me 956 746 7924
  • -Tetsuo--Tetsuo- Joined: Posts: 100
    Daaaaaamn. Ill Will said he is down for the Role Model Match. Slayer Alex vs Ill Will. Let's go. Scrub Tuesday all night, y'all know the drill.
    TostitoSalsa: lol lets all bow our heads and pray you dont lose to him so you dont have to eat Timmy Chans. AMEN! I will be puting you and him as a main event with a few undercards. Also the title for the tournament will be TYS Bar Fights 5 (Best cody in texas title) so i hopes you will prepare for this battle. He told me that he will be training online with the best cody in mexico so you better get ready. I will sponsor a special prize to whoever wins.:rock:

Dennys victory party is on me. Free 2$ cappuccinos all night as they say in the clubs, 2$ you call its...
    GIS-Avatar.gif
  • pimp2303pimp2303 Joined: Posts: 385
    Just had to drop in and say whats up beef
    Greatness only comes along so often.

You really need to get off of ur knees and stop suckin on Dick........
    Why don't u try spitting instead of swallowing.....all that sperm is getting to your head........
    Wed Fight Nights: Cant wait to see whats going to go down 2nite cause it will be HYPE. We have alot of new players stopping by and some of the thurs fight night players coming through as well so i suggest everyone come out to see what these guys are all about. Everyone bring setups and your own sticks/pads. I have been talking to the person who runs the thurs fight nights and he said he wants to talk tonight about setting up the exhibition so I will see you ninjas 2nite!

Dennys Afterhours: We back in the building! Ihop was tasty last week but im looking forward to something that will blow my mind and hopefully them french toast with the crack on it can do it. We in there on them french toast tonight CHYEAAA...
    GIS-Avatar.gif
    French toast with crack on it lolol.
    Last night was pretty gawdlike.