The Good But Mostly Bad Police Thread

The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & ProfanityJoined: Posts: 20,693
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
The "LA Cop Shoots & Kills Naked Drunk Civilian Locked Out of Apartment" thread renamed, post all your bad police stories here.

This is just messed up

Fatal LAPD shooting involved ex-college football player/model | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
LAtimes wrote:
Police said the officers attempted to calm the agitated man and talked him into putting on his boxer shorts, but he ran when they tried to apprehend him. They approached him again, but he ran once more.

"When the officers tried a third time to detain the suspect in the apartment complex doorway, the suspect immediately attacked both officers," the statement said. "The suspect repeatedly punched both officers in the face and head and at one point tried to take one of the officer's guns."

That's when one of the officers, identified only as a male with 17 months in the department, shot Doucet twice, police said. He died at a hospital.

Guy must have been on something other than just alcohol, but did they really have to shoot him?? Not sure I really believe the part about him punching them and trying to take their gun, sounds made up.
Post edited by The Furious One on

Comments

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,339 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This is just messed up

Fatal LAPD shooting involved ex-college football player/model | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Guy must have been on something other than just alcohol, but did they really have to shoot him?? Not sure I really believe the part about him punching them and trying to take their gun, sounds made up.

What do you mean "did they really have to shoot him?"

Butt naked and agitated. Odds are it was PCP. If someone is on PCP, they will end up shot or seriously hurt because of how hard it is to take someone down when they are high on that shit. So dealing with someone who is in great shape AND wacked out on PCP, is like fighting a damn bull. Cops around here usually get in riot gear if they know they are dealing with someone on PCP.
  • SaoSao Joined: Posts: 260
    Police said the officers attempted to calm the agitated man and talked him into putting on his boxer shorts, but he ran when they tried to apprehend him. They approached him again, but he ran once more.

"When the officers tried a third time to detain the suspect in the apartment complex doorway, the suspect immediately attacked both officers," the statement said. "The suspect repeatedly punched both officers in the face and head and at one point tried to take one of the officer's guns."

That's when one of the officers, identified only as a male with 17 months in the department, shot Doucet twice, police said. He died at a hospital.

On pcp and grabbing at their guns, yea fuck that shit. Shoot him.
  • BiggzyBiggzy Keep it claussy! Joined: Posts: 2,199
    This is just messed up

Are you fucking kidding me? The guy flees police and attacks two officers. You think they should've tried reasoning with him? LOL.
  • 730BlackMage730BlackMage Supporting France for Euro 2012 Joined: Posts: 1,460
    Maybe they thought he was packin a gun in his boxers.
    CAN YOU DIG IT!!!
  • ScharlachrotScharlachrot Joined: Posts: 1,289
    Good thing I don't do drugs although, I take a asprin every once in awhile for head aches. lol
  • WindsagioWindsagio OG random Joined: Posts: 2,506
    I'm sure he actually attacked them. The police never lie about these things.
    Triumph in the glory of me!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQzmQrtDkqg
  • Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377
    I'm sure he actually attacked them. The police never lie about these things.

yeah im pretty sure police have never made a false report to cover their asses, I mean it is the law and the law won

Im sure their tazers needed some batteries, the pepper spray was low, and that two grown men could not take down one person

17 months on the force...pfft..
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
    Have any of you ever tried taking someone down who is fucked up out of their mind?
  • AlexAlex Slayer Scrub Joined: Posts: 590
    people bitch about tazors but they really are the best. dont know why they werent used here. ah well no biggie dude was dangerous
    Slayer ALex.
  • Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377
    Have any of you ever tried taking someone down who is fucked up out of their mind?

na man despite my training I should I have to do so id rather just shoot him in the leg

oh wait..
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
    Depending on what drugs he was on exactly, a taser would have done nothing or actually killed him.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,693
    Doesn't matter if he was or wasn't on drugs, naked an tried running away, they should have just tasered him.

Damn you :rofl:

that also plays American football? No, in hindsight that just sounds like a bad idea..

Depending on what drugs he was on exactly,a taser would have done nothing or actually killed him.

Are you being for real?? How is that even possible!?! :confused:
    Most police tasers are only allow you about 1-2 burst every few seconds. You cant just hold the trigger down. And some people have a built up tolerance to being shocked, Electricians especially. They tell you this in training. Ive seen vids of inmates shrugging that shit off.

Plus if it comes out that it was PCP Phencyclidine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia shooting would've been the safest way.
  • FunkQueFunkQue R.I.P. Little Saint Joined: Posts: 485
    Why you believe what the police are saying?

They killed a man and are the only witnesses....
  • WindsagioWindsagio OG random Joined: Posts: 2,506
    I dunno, sound like they botched it from beginning to end, and this is in their own version. 'yeah we harassed him until we had to shoot him.' Nothing will come off it tho', the police investigate themselves.
    Triumph in the glory of me!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQzmQrtDkqg
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,693
    Most police tasers are only allow you about 1-2 burst every few seconds. You cant just hold the trigger down. And some people have a built up tolerance to being shocked, Electricians especially. They tell you this in training. Ive seen vids of inmates shrugging that shit off.

Plus if it comes out that it was PCP Phencyclidine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia shooting would've been the safest way.

I am hugely sceptical of what you are saying. I need to see these vids
    I am hugely sceptical of what you are saying. I need to see these vids

Dont know if you can find them. Training videos from my days a CO. Classmate got shocked and it took a while for it to become debilitating due to his background.

Tasers are still highly affective against the majority of the population.
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    I say we taser Johnny Knoxville to test this theory. If anyone in the world is likely to have built up a tolerance, it's this cat.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • iShottoiShotto COME AT ME BRO Joined: Posts: 2,077
    man i thought there was only one Apparently SRK is full of em, Thank the heavens we have you all here to tell us what went wrong and with out being there how it should have been done........

http://i.imgur.com/t5jLP.jpg
    Say hello to your mother for me.

Maybe he eats a lot of magnesium as part of his diet

Very convincing evidence, only problem I have the story is that Cops pulled their real guns first, nobody was around to see what happened. You'd think the racket he was making someone would have woken up and seen the whole thing.
    man i thought there was only one Apparently SRK is full of em, Thank the heavens we have you all here to tell us what went wrong and with out being there how it should have been done........

Fact is, only 2 people know what really happened. Hindsight doesn't come into this, the officers were supposedly trained and chose to act in this manner. The fact that they have chosen to release the amount of time this officer has on the beat also suggests to me they know they are in the wrong and are trying to find an excuse.
  • simon_simon_ Joined: Posts: 336
    they should just make it legal for US cops to shoot people, that way the police doesnt have to waste time and money by "investigating" every time
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,655
    Good shoots never make headlines. If it's in the news, and the victim was black, it shouldn't have happened. Cops routinely hunt down black people and find any reason they can to murder them in cold blood. And if they can't find a valid reason, they fabricate police reports to justify the executions.

There are no exceptions.
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i'm sure no one here is thinking the police lied just because he's black and they think any black guy killed by cops is a victim

the BART thing was legit, this is just whiny fuck the man nonsense
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • JavidJavid When will all this end? Joined: Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

• catchafirecatchafire My Crew Joined: Posts: 2,496

or hiding a gun up his ass
    The best thing you can give a person is your time.
  • NotGoodNotGood Joined: Posts: 287
    So some crazed football star attacks two cops and they accidently kill him in self-defense.

But because he was black both cops are automatically racists who were out "hunting" for black people to kill?

The cops were right to kill that PCP addict, sometimes things are just the way they are conspiracy theorists.
    i'm sure no one here is thinking the police lied just because he's black and they think any black guy killed by cops is a victim

the BART thing was legit, this is just whiny fuck the man nonsense

The BART thing was caught on camera, they made the department look worse trying to spin that shit. But imagine hearing the BART story again but with no camera footage. Considering the way they allowed the cop to live like a freeman during the "investigation" you better believe they would have spun that even more.

*sprinkles some coke on the body*
    hey listen i'm not the biggest cop fan myself, but i'm not necessarily going to jump to conclusions. did they need to shoot the guy? i don't know honestly, but i'm not jumping to accuse them of being racist murderers right off the bat
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
    hey listen i'm not the biggest cop fan myself, but i'm not necessarily going to jump to conclusions. did they need to shoot the guy? i don't know honestly, but i'm not jumping to accuse them of being racist murderers right off the bat

Okay man I understand I sorry if it seemed like I was jumping down your throat.

Unless it's a bear disturbing the piece, cops don't usually carry rifles in situations like this.
  • iShottoiShotto COME AT ME BRO Joined: Posts: 2,077
    Can they be racist cops if the one that fired the shot was black too?
    Say hello to your mother for me.
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277
    Why does it matter that he was black? If he was white or asian or ... you wouldn't give shit would you?
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    since when did people expect police to not use their weapons when threatened? Seriously, do all people want cops to just tickle drug addled violent suspects to the ground, then cuff them with licorice and other delicious candies?

grow up, you attack a cop, you get your entire world fucked up, end of story. Add drugs to the mix, and you're likely going to either a hospital or a morgue
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,987

And man, when a cop pulls this out on a criminal that does have a gun, that crook is sure gonna regret not having a way to counter it.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,425
    word is dude wasn't on pcp. He was drunk and had a cab driver take him home when he got there he realized he had no money. Since it was late the driver said he would take his clothes as colleteral til he got in the house and got the money. Dude goes to his house and realized he locked himself out. Dude went back to tell the cab driver and the dude called the cops on him and drove off
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
  • nameingwaynameingway I say thee nay Joined: Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    he gave the cab driver his boxers?

edit: and didn't know that being naked = not having keys to your crib?
  • Las Vegas PimpLas Vegas Pimp XBL: Da Big Punisher Joined: Posts: 3,568
    Still have that SRK OG mentality.
    word is dude wasn't on pcp. He was drunk and had a cab driver take him home when he got there he realized he had no money. Since it was late the driver said he would take his clothes as colleteral til he got in the house and got the money. Dude goes to his house and realized he locked himself out. Dude went back to tell the cab driver and the dude called the cops on him and drove off

I wonder if we will hear from this cab driver, because if what you say is what happened, he inadvertently killed a man

I wonder if we will hear from this cab driver, because if what you say is what happened, he inadvertently got a man killed.
    how did the dude even get his boxers back if he gave them up to the cab driver and then the driver drove off? where did the boxers magically make it back into the picture?

Youtube comments never cease to amaze.
    Youtube comments never cease to amaze.

for real, i had to only scroll down ever so slightly to see the racist comments in full effect.
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,215
    Why is this shit always happening
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
    what the fuck? what kind of cab driver takes a guy's clothes as collateral? would you want to see a naked dude running around? i mean i guess you gotta get paid. but damn.
    -Churchill

the cab driver thing doesnt even make sense.
  • KeiForceKeiForce VICTORYUKEN! Joined: Posts: 274
    he gave the cab driver his boxers?

edit: and didn't know that being naked = not having keys to your crib?

I would assume he still had his boxers on. So Clothes = Shirt/Pants
    SRK! Now with 55% more man-children! Adopt one today!
  • MC187MC187 Joined: Posts: 1,785
    they should just make it legal for US cops to shoot people, that way the police doesnt have to waste time and money by "investigating" every time

exactly, but only against blacks and mexicans ofcourse. they can always tazer and spray white folk, no need to shoot them. i mean, whites could actually be worth having around, you know, living and stuff. i wonder how many blacks are in this thread condoning this shit.
    Like Casper the ghost, I creepz the most,

Cause im 2 motherfucking sly, invisible to the I.
    Can they be racist cops if the one that fired the shot was black too?

man, sometimes black cops are the worse ones. Man, you give certain black men power, and they go ahead and abuse the shit out of other black people so they look good.
    CAN YOU DIG IT!!!
    Hey, but now that I think about it. Why don't he have some 60 minute special about niggas on PCP and how they wile out? I mean, all day yesterday they were advertising the 60 minute special on how to stop an assassin? The media definitely treats black criminals and white criminals differently.
    CAN YOU DIG IT!!!