The Good But Mostly Bad Police Thread

1313234363746

Comments

  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,478
    Apparently they tried to get a confession out of the guy walking around with the rifle.
    Whether you know it or not, police are allowed to lie to you during interrogation.

    Mark Hughes, a protester in Dallas who was wrongly identified by police as a person of interest in last night’s horrific shooting, has learned that the hard way.

    After being released by police after willingly turning himself in, Hughes told local news station KTVT that police blatantly lied to him during their interrogation by telling him that they had direct evidence that linked him to the fatal shootings of five police officers in Dallas Thursday night.

    “I just got out of an interrogation room for about 30 minutes, where police officers were lying, saying they had video of me shooting a gun, which is a lie, saying that they had witnesses saying I had shot a gun, which is a lie,” Hughes said. “At the end of the day… the system was trying to get me.”

    When asked by the reporter if he’d received an apology from police for being wrongfully identified, Hughes replied that he hadn’t. He also said that he has been getting nonstop death threats ever since the police released his photo to the public.

    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/man-wrongly-idd-as-dallas-shooting-person-of-interest-says-cops-lied-to-him-during-interrogation/

    As fucked up as it is, this type of tactic is to be expected.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 15,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bad coincidence!
    If no one got shot, none of this would have happened in his life.
  • AcidicEnemaAcidicEnema Joined: Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

    Apparently they tried to get a confession out of the guy walking around with the rifle.
    Whether you know it or not, police are allowed to lie to you during interrogation.

    Mark Hughes, a protester in Dallas who was wrongly identified by police as a person of interest in last night’s horrific shooting, has learned that the hard way.

    After being released by police after willingly turning himself in, Hughes told local news station KTVT that police blatantly lied to him during their interrogation by telling him that they had direct evidence that linked him to the fatal shootings of five police officers in Dallas Thursday night.

    “I just got out of an interrogation room for about 30 minutes, where police officers were lying, saying they had video of me shooting a gun, which is a lie, saying that they had witnesses saying I had shot a gun, which is a lie,” Hughes said. “At the end of the day… the system was trying to get me.”

    When asked by the reporter if he’d received an apology from police for being wrongfully identified, Hughes replied that he hadn’t. He also said that he has been getting nonstop death threats ever since the police released his photo to the public.

    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/man-wrongly-idd-as-dallas-shooting-person-of-interest-says-cops-lied-to-him-during-interrogation/

    As fucked up as it is, this type of tactic is to be expected.

    1. As far as interrogation tactics, this is pretty benign, especially in what was potentially a ticking time bomb situation.

    2. Can't rule out the possibility that eye witnesses really *did* tell the police they saw him shooting. Wouldn't be the first time that an eye witness has given bad information.
    "Studio-produced hetero porn is just a joke. Either the men are actually trying to steal screen time from the actress, or the cameraman is trying to give the actor a colonoscopy." - Taito
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,420 mod

    She's in the Navy making posts like this. Stupid bitch.

    Never dealt with army people have you. She hasn't said anything you won't hear out of the average enlisted person.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

    "Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    locoghoul wrote: »
    Imo, this isn't a racism problem, it's a conflict resolution problem. We train our police to shoot when they're in danger, even when other skills could end the altercation nonviolently or without death. The "control" a policeman has in America comes from the gun and the threat of the gun. All these white officers panic when dealing with black men because they don't understand their options.

    I'm not denying that racism exists within the justice system, but American police lack the conflict resolution skills to avoid drawing their weapons.

    Not quite, they are trained to "only" use lethal force whenever their lives are endangered. It just happens that their lives are "threatened" or "endangered" whenever a black dude is within 5 feet of a gun. You can have a white dude pointing a gun at a police officer and he would still not shoot, have a black guy reaching for his pocket and he is dead.

    That actually isn't what they are trained for, that is all pr spin. They are really taught to always be on edge and protect yourself no matter what.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,177
    edited July 2016
    Apparently they tried to get a confession out of the guy walking around with the rifle.
    Whether you know it or not, police are allowed to lie to you during interrogation.

    Mark Hughes, a protester in Dallas who was wrongly identified by police as a person of interest in last night’s horrific shooting, has learned that the hard way.

    After being released by police after willingly turning himself in, Hughes told local news station KTVT that police blatantly lied to him during their interrogation by telling him that they had direct evidence that linked him to the fatal shootings of five police officers in Dallas Thursday night.

    “I just got out of an interrogation room for about 30 minutes, where police officers were lying, saying they had video of me shooting a gun, which is a lie, saying that they had witnesses saying I had shot a gun, which is a lie,” Hughes said. “At the end of the day… the system was trying to get me.”

    When asked by the reporter if he’d received an apology from police for being wrongfully identified, Hughes replied that he hadn’t. He also said that he has been getting nonstop death threats ever since the police released his photo to the public.

    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/man-wrongly-idd-as-dallas-shooting-person-of-interest-says-cops-lied-to-him-during-interrogation/

    As fucked up as it is, this type of tactic is to be expected.

    That's how interrogations work. They'll do anything and everything to make you say something they want you to say even if you didn't do anything.
    Post edited by Wil on
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 618
    Pertho wrote: »

    She's in the Navy making posts like this. Stupid bitch.

    Never dealt with army people have you. She hasn't said anything you won't hear out of the average enlisted person.
    Fully agree. After serving in two infantry units, what she said is very mild. Still stupid for her to post it
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lying during interrogation is a common tactic by police. Saying they have video evidence and eye witness reports is used to scare a suspect into admitting the truth.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lying during interrogation is a common tactic by police. Saying they have video evidence and eye witness reports is used to scare a suspect into admitting the truth.

    I thought everyone would have watched CSI by now. It's very common. IF they had anything against you, you wouldn't be under interrogation. Your ass will be in jail or on court.
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,177
    Lying during interrogation is a common tactic by police. Saying they have video evidence and eye witness reports is used to scare a suspect into admitting the "truth."

    Fixed.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wil wrote: »
    Lying during interrogation is a common tactic by police. Saying they have video evidence and eye witness reports is used to scare a suspect into admitting the "truth."

    Fixed.

    That's why you...

    LWYRUP%20CADDY_zpso4s8u47k.jpg
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,334
    edited July 2016
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,249
    I'm just seeing so many people be condescending about the black lives unnecessarily and wrongly lost. They don't seem to understand that that's the reason black lives matter is a thing. When cops needlessly kill black people they ignore it. When a black guy kills a cop they get outraged. They don't look at one being just as bad as the other.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

    I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BLM protest tries to force itself onto the highway in I-10 in Phoenix, Arizona. Black lives matter, so let's put a bunch of pedestrians on the highway!
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix-breaking/2016/07/08/phoenix-protest-rally-march-city-hall-police-shootings/86878488/
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

    Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,408
    My understanding is that Black Lives Matter really only care when the cops kill someone, they don't give much of a fuck about the fact that blacks are killed more by other blacks than they are by the cops.

    I can sympathise with senseless police killings, but not BLM.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • StockyJamStockyJam i like mischief Joined: Posts: 5,877
    I'm not denying that racism exists within the justice system, but American police lack the conflict resolution skills to avoid drawing their weapons.



    gonna have to post this.


    unbelievably.

    yet again.

  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,408
    Nobody bothers to look at killedbypolice.net.

    Even just the first six months of this year, the number of whites killed almost outnumbers black 2:1.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    Wasted wrote: »
    My understanding is that Black Lives Matter really only care when the cops kill someone, they don't give much of a fuck about the fact that blacks are killed more by other blacks than they are by the cops.

    I can sympathise with senseless police killings, but not BLM.
    It just seemed pretty silly to me to try and force pedestrians onto one of the busiest highways in the entire nation on a Friday night after people were getting out of bars and expecting nothing bad to happen from that action. I am glad the police used pepper spray, beanbags and teargas to keep those idiots off the highway. I am not against police oversight, but BLM is just a twitter outrage group and will never accomplish anything positive.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

    Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,408
    http://bigstory.ap.org/c894476bcbcf4d98b68ae98b27e0a0ff

    This shit happened before the Dallas attack.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,627
    White people make up more of the population lmfao
    I don't know how valuable those stats in proportion to black people
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,446
    Also on the BLM shit, I don't agree with pretty much any of their tactics and some of their message but it's brought national attention to the bullshit I've dealt with police my entire life so *kanye shrug.

    I would elaborate more, but I'm sure my stories aren't unique and you heard them all before.... And that's the sad part.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    Wasn't there a white couple on Vegas or some shit that went on a fucking rampage and killed like 3 cops like a year or two ago? They were a couple who frequented that dudes ranch who pulled guns on a federal agents. I don't remember this huge united front behind cops then.

    Not saying this one or that act wasn't horrible, but there wasn't the same outrage behind that shooting.


    Here's the link to these racist fucks if you don't remember:

    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/vegas-cop-killers/two-cops-three-others-killed-las-vegas-shooting-spree-n125766

    Did the guys (girls?) that did the Vegas shooting state that they were looking to kill white people/white police officers? If not it isn't really the same, is it? Also, why is there an entire thread dedicated to police officers?
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,446
    edited July 2016
    Wasn't there a white couple on Vegas or some shit that went on a fucking rampage and killed like 3 cops like a year or two ago? They were a couple who frequented that dudes ranch who pulled guns on a federal agents. I don't remember this huge united front behind cops then.

    Not saying this one or that act wasn't horrible, but there wasn't the same outrage behind that shooting.


    Here's the link to these racist fucks if you don't remember:

    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/vegas-cop-killers/two-cops-three-others-killed-las-vegas-shooting-spree-n125766

    Did the guys (girls?) that did the Vegas shooting state that they were looking to kill white people/white police officers? If not it isn't really the same, is it? Also, why is there an entire thread dedicated to police officers?

    The same to who? Its the same to me, if your end goal is to kill cops (and civilians) then the outrage should be the same. They targeted officers. I didn't read up on their ideology but since they are self proclaimed white supremacist I doubt they just targeted white cops. Would it be the same to you if they targeted only black officers/civilians?

    Is the outrage justified now because it was white cops or just cops? I'm really trying to understand your response but I am currently at a loss.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    Wasn't there a white couple on Vegas or some shit that went on a fucking rampage and killed like 3 cops like a year or two ago? They were a couple who frequented that dudes ranch who pulled guns on a federal agents. I don't remember this huge united front behind cops then.

    Not saying this one or that act wasn't horrible, but there wasn't the same outrage behind that shooting.


    Here's the link to these racist fucks if you don't remember:

    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/vegas-cop-killers/two-cops-three-others-killed-las-vegas-shooting-spree-n125766

    Did the guys (girls?) that did the Vegas shooting state that they were looking to kill white people/white police officers? If not it isn't really the same, is it? Also, why is there an entire thread dedicated to police officers?

    The same to who? Its the same to me, if your end goal is to kill cops (and civilians) then the outrage should be the same. They targeted officers. I didn't read up on their ideology but since they are self proclaimed white supremacist I doubt they just targeted white cops. Would it be the same to you if they targeted only black officers/civilians?

    Is the outrage justified now because it was white cops or just cops? I'm really trying to understand your response but I am currently at a loss.

    I don't understand your point either, trying to apologize for the guys sniping people from buildings just because they are black? Also I remember that story and it was a big deal.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,446
    edited July 2016
    Wasn't there a white couple on Vegas or some shit that went on a fucking rampage and killed like 3 cops like a year or two ago? They were a couple who frequented that dudes ranch who pulled guns on a federal agents. I don't remember this huge united front behind cops then.

    Not saying this one or that act wasn't horrible, but there wasn't the same outrage behind that shooting.


    Here's the link to these racist fucks if you don't remember:

    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/vegas-cop-killers/two-cops-three-others-killed-las-vegas-shooting-spree-n125766

    Did the guys (girls?) that did the Vegas shooting state that they were looking to kill white people/white police officers? If not it isn't really the same, is it? Also, why is there an entire thread dedicated to police officers?

    The same to who? Its the same to me, if your end goal is to kill cops (and civilians) then the outrage should be the same. They targeted officers. I didn't read up on their ideology but since they are self proclaimed white supremacist I doubt they just targeted white cops. Would it be the same to you if they targeted only black officers/civilians?

    Is the outrage justified now because it was white cops or just cops? I'm really trying to understand your response but I am currently at a loss.

    I don't understand your point either, trying to apologize for the guys sniping people from buildings just because they are black? Also I remember that story and it was a big deal.

    Where in the actual fuck in my post did you see an iota of an apology. Wtf are you on man.

    As a matter of fact please don't respond. I've had this conversation far to many times irl to even want to entertain it here. I know exactly how this is going to go and I am not interested.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    edited July 2016
    Wasn't there a white couple on Vegas or some shit that went on a fucking rampage and killed like 3 cops like a year or two ago? They were a couple who frequented that dudes ranch who pulled guns on a federal agents. I don't remember this huge united front behind cops then.

    Not saying this one or that act wasn't horrible, but there wasn't the same outrage behind that shooting.


    Here's the link to these racist fucks if you don't remember:

    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/vegas-cop-killers/two-cops-three-others-killed-las-vegas-shooting-spree-n125766

    Did the guys (girls?) that did the Vegas shooting state that they were looking to kill white people/white police officers? If not it isn't really the same, is it? Also, why is there an entire thread dedicated to police officers?

    The same to who? Its the same to me, if your end goal is to kill cops (and civilians) then the outrage should be the same. They targeted officers. I didn't read up on their ideology but since they are self proclaimed white supremacist I doubt they just targeted white cops. Would it be the same to you if they targeted only black officers/civilians?

    Is the outrage justified now because it was white cops or just cops? I'm really trying to understand your response but I am currently at a loss.

    I don't understand your point either, trying to apologize for the guys sniping people from buildings just because they are black? Also I remember that story and it was a big deal.

    Where in the actual fuck in my post did you see an iota of an apology. Wtf are you on man.

    So then what was your point? You reference some old ass story and make the statement that "you don't remember there being this being a huge united front" and that there "wasn't the same outrage", which is ridiculous because something like that can't really be measured, nor can it be proved, plus it was two years ago. I just don't see why you would bring that up except to try to distract from the current story
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,478
    I think the point Plaid is trying to make is the world is often far more outraged when Blacks or Muslims are behind mass shootings or cop killings than Whites. Usually there's a "he was mentally ill" excuse. You don't have to agree with it.

    Cops have killed more Whites, but Whites have also killed more cops. That's a population thing.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    I think the point Plaid is trying to make is the world is often far more outraged when Blacks or Muslims are behind mass shootings or cop killings than Whites. Usually there's a "he was mentally ill" excuse. You don't have to agree with it.

    Cops have killed more Whites, but Whites have also killed more cops. That's a population thing.

    If that's true then he's delusional
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,199
    The shooters got a lot of mexican cops
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    edited July 2016
    It's rather disingenuous to assume racial bias in relation to these crimes doesn't exist. This is exactly why some White dude can execute a bible study group in church and get treated to Burger King afterwards. If you seriously think a Black guy would've gotten the same courtesy, you're not being realistic. That nigga would've been as good as dead, or beaten to a pulp at the very least.

    This doesn't take away from the assassination of those 5 cops whatsoever. Dude was scum for targeting innocent cops. I'm just saying racial bias isn't a myth.

    Ok so now we are talking about "does racism exist"? I thought we were talking about outrage after mass shootings. Sandyhook, Columbine, VT...nobody was outraged afterwards? Obviously racism exist, I don't think any sane person would deny that, but if you try and say that the current situation is only blowing up because it was a black guy, or that mass shooting perpetrated by white suspects don't garner the same attention, then you're the one being disingenuous

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file