The Good But Mostly Bad Police Thread

1293031323335»

Comments

• odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Love how the old white dude is prepping the gat.
    Then he's like "Ok I think they got this... For now."
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,816
    Wil wrote: »

Officer with the textbook tackle outta nowhere!

Gooooooldberg!

What dumbass would do this? This guy going to be a bottom bitch in county
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,605
    Why is he wearing a jacket that says "Security" though?
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,569
    Fuck the cops. And by that, I mean the bad cops:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cops-tell-uber-driver-stop-164303407.html
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,016
    Kid gonna get paid lol.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    That is fucked up.

But hey, at least they got terminated.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Stop posting.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/betty-shelby-not-guilty-first-degree-manslaughter/

Remember that the Tulsa officers originally lied about the event..........until it came out on video.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Saw that one trending on my FB. She correctly deduced he was on PCP and he was heading back to his car after being told not to move or something?

• pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,788
    edited May 19
    NPR sponsored station kpcc 89.3 has been talking about how police officers in san bernandino shoot people twice as often as they do in LA, especially when they are suspected that they are on drugs. Apperantly there's a major attempt at reforming how police conduct their business.

what they failed to disclose was that in the early 2000's, there was a massive migration of low tier inner city hispanic immigration wave to Riverside and San Bernandino counties that was taking advantage of houses selling for as little as 100k. This migration really compounded their gang and drug problem even more. I've gone to San Bernandino/Redlands area and some parts look as bad as certain parts of compton, and my dad's friend advised me that I shouldn't walk to the liquor store that was only about 150 yards away.

Police are certainly wilding out as a whole, but these people shouldn't act suprised when police start getting more aggressive around certain areas. demographics can and will ruin entire neighborhoods.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    http://www.startribune.com/fired-officer-who-refused-to-shoot-suspect-sues-city/422100443/
    CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A West Virginia police officer who was fired after he refused to shoot a black man who had a gun last year says he was just trying to uphold his oath to protect and serve the community.

Stephen Mader sued the city of Weirton this week, saying he did nothing wrong in May 2016 when he tried to persuade 23-year-old R.J. Williams of McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania, to put down his weapon. Another officer later saw Williams with his gun raised and shot him to death.

The gun that Williams was holding was later determined to be unloaded.

Officials in Weirton, an Ohio River community of 19,000 residents 36 miles west of Pittsburgh, officials declined immediate comment on the lawsuit, saying they had not received a copy of it.

City officials had previously said Mader, a probationary officer, was let go eight weeks after the shooting for conduct unbecoming of an officer in three separate incidents, not just for refusing to shoot Williams.

But the lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages, contends Mader was fired specifically for the Williams incident.

"To tell a police officer — when in doubt — either shoot to kill, or get fired, is a choice that no police officer should ever have to make and is a message that is wrong and should never be sent," Mader's lead attorney, Tim O'Brien of Pittsburgh, said in a statement.

In the statement, Mader said he believes he was fired for trying to uphold his oath to protect and serve.

"Even still, I would have done the same thing," he said.

The lawsuit cites the state constitution, which prohibits a police officer from using deadly force unless the officer has reason to believe the target of such force poses an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury to the officer or others.

According to the lawsuit, Mader responded to a call from Williams' girlfriend that he was threatening to hurt himself with a knife. Mader said his Marine Corps and police officer training taught him to assess a threat level. He said Williams was visibly upset but not aggressive or violent.

Mader believed Williams did not pose a risk of death or serious bodily injury to himself or others. After Mader ordered Williams to drop his unloaded gun, Williams responded, "I can't do that. Just shoot me," according to the lawsuit. Mader said he determined Williams wanted to die by "suicide by cop."

Two other officers arrived at the scene, and when Williams raised his gun, one of the officers fatally shot Williams in the head. The lawsuit identified the officer who shot Williams as Patrolman Ryan Kuzma. The lawsuit didn't disclose Kuzma's race.

Investigations found the officer did nothing wrong.

The Associated Press previously obtained Mader's personnel file through a Freedom of Information Act request. The file included an investigative report by a Weirton police captain who wrote that Williams presented "a clear and present danger" to others, and Mader's "failure to react left himself and those around him in grave danger." The report recommended Mader's firing over several incidents.

In March 2016, Mader was issued a verbal warning for opening a car door to place a parking ticket inside without having a search warrant, leading to the arrest of the car's owner for disorderly conduct, and cursing at the man's wife. The charge against the man was dropped.

A month later, Mader responded to a call about a cardiac arrest and found a woman dead on a stairway. Mader determined the victim died of natural causes and that no further investigation was warranted. He didn't fill out a police report, collected no evidence and the body was sent to a funeral home. Alexander called the handling of the suspicious death "unacceptable," and an autopsy determined the victim sustained blunt force trauma to the neck and upper torso.

A letter from Alexander recommended 30-day suspensions without pay for Mader and a lieutenant, who was cited for failing to respond to the scene and properly supervise his subordinates. Mader later said his suspension was never carried out.

Serve and protect............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    http://www.startribune.com/fired-officer-who-refused-to-shoot-suspect-sues-city/422100443/
    CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A West Virginia police officer who was fired after he refused to shoot a black man who had a gun last year says he was just trying to uphold his oath to protect and serve the community.

Stephen Mader sued the city of Weirton this week, saying he did nothing wrong in May 2016 when he tried to persuade 23-year-old R.J. Williams of McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania, to put down his weapon. Another officer later saw Williams with his gun raised and shot him to death.

The gun that Williams was holding was later determined to be unloaded.

Officials in Weirton, an Ohio River community of 19,000 residents 36 miles west of Pittsburgh, officials declined immediate comment on the lawsuit, saying they had not received a copy of it.

City officials had previously said Mader, a probationary officer, was let go eight weeks after the shooting for conduct unbecoming of an officer in three separate incidents, not just for refusing to shoot Williams.

But the lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages, contends Mader was fired specifically for the Williams incident.

"To tell a police officer — when in doubt — either shoot to kill, or get fired, is a choice that no police officer should ever have to make and is a message that is wrong and should never be sent," Mader's lead attorney, Tim O'Brien of Pittsburgh, said in a statement.

In the statement, Mader said he believes he was fired for trying to uphold his oath to protect and serve.

"Even still, I would have done the same thing," he said.

The lawsuit cites the state constitution, which prohibits a police officer from using deadly force unless the officer has reason to believe the target of such force poses an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury to the officer or others.

According to the lawsuit, Mader responded to a call from Williams' girlfriend that he was threatening to hurt himself with a knife. Mader said his Marine Corps and police officer training taught him to assess a threat level. He said Williams was visibly upset but not aggressive or violent.

Mader believed Williams did not pose a risk of death or serious bodily injury to himself or others. After Mader ordered Williams to drop his unloaded gun, Williams responded, "I can't do that. Just shoot me," according to the lawsuit. Mader said he determined Williams wanted to die by "suicide by cop."

Two other officers arrived at the scene, and when Williams raised his gun, one of the officers fatally shot Williams in the head. The lawsuit identified the officer who shot Williams as Patrolman Ryan Kuzma. The lawsuit didn't disclose Kuzma's race.

Investigations found the officer did nothing wrong.

The Associated Press previously obtained Mader's personnel file through a Freedom of Information Act request. The file included an investigative report by a Weirton police captain who wrote that Williams presented "a clear and present danger" to others, and Mader's "failure to react left himself and those around him in grave danger." The report recommended Mader's firing over several incidents.

In March 2016, Mader was issued a verbal warning for opening a car door to place a parking ticket inside without having a search warrant, leading to the arrest of the car's owner for disorderly conduct, and cursing at the man's wife. The charge against the man was dropped.

A month later, Mader responded to a call about a cardiac arrest and found a woman dead on a stairway. Mader determined the victim died of natural causes and that no further investigation was warranted. He didn't fill out a police report, collected no evidence and the body was sent to a funeral home. Alexander called the handling of the suspicious death "unacceptable," and an autopsy determined the victim sustained blunt force trauma to the neck and upper torso.

A letter from Alexander recommended 30-day suspensions without pay for Mader and a lieutenant, who was cited for failing to respond to the scene and properly supervise his subordinates. Mader later said his suspension was never carried out.

Serve and protect............

wasn't this an old case? I'm suprised it wasn't already settled and its bearly going to court

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    I would have been on Mader's side, until I saw the last four paragraphs. Looks like he had a track record of not following protocol and making unqualified judgements.

I get his reasoning for why he thought there was no threat, but the only way you'd truly know if there's no threat is if you magically knew the gun was unloaded.

Iirc, he was by himself amd back up came and ahot the dude on the spot. He only out himself in danger

I know. Its an impossible choice to make.

But, you also have to consider the perspective of the backup officers. They dont know the gun is unloaded, all they see is a dude trying to threaten them.

You kinda stop being non-aggressive when you point guns at people.

Somehow this channel popped up on my YT:

• AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 25
    Wasted wrote: »

Officer acted appropriately in this video.
    AHVB_ wrote: »

Officer acted appropriately in this video.

Well, yes, as the dude explained.

Not sure how to feel about this............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,325
    edited June 16

T. PAUL, Minn., June 16 (Reuters) - A jury on Friday found the Minnesota police officer who fatally shot a black motorist during a traffic stop last year not guilty of second-degree manslaughter.

St. Anthony Police Department officer Jeronimo Yanez was charged after he fatally shot Philando Castile, 32, last July. The aftermath was streamed on social media by the driver’s girlfriend, who was sitting in the passenger seat, and the incident drew national attention and led to weeks of protests in St. Paul and Minneapolis.

Yanez had testified that he was afraid for his life and that Castile did not follow his orders.

In the courtroom on Friday, people could be heard cursing as the verdict was read, and one woman sobbed. Castile’s mother, Valerie Castile, abruptly left the court after the announcement and before court was formally dismissed.

The shooting in the St. Paul suburb of Falcon Heights, like similar incidents across the United States, fueled public debate about the appropriate use of force by law enforcement against minorities.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/philando-castile-cop-not-guilty_us_594439ede4b06bb7d2731bb9?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
    Castille was reaching for a gun, if I recall.

edited June 16
    I must be thinking of someone else, then. There was no footage of the shooting, since the department don't have bodycams, and his girlfriend only started filming after he was shot.

She also claimed nobody gave him medical treatment until the paramedics arrived, but an eyewitness said another officer gave him first aid immediately.

Eh, it does sound fishy based on all the testimony, but by all accounts the dude was told not to move.

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,016
    Check the video, its basically a case of state sanctioned murder now.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    crucades wrote: »

I would, but to my knowledge, there is no video of the shooting itself, only the aftermath.

this is a case where people ought to be outraged and is real stupidity on behalf of the police. Just like that black dude that got lit up by the N.Carolina state trooper after he told him to get his registration.

Even if you are laid flat prone spread eagle they will shoot you

Like that old dude in florida

"Why did you shoot me sir?"

"I don't know"
    Theres definetly a lack of balance with police.

There was a san bernandino female sherif that shot a woman high kn herion. Thry actually released the interogation tapes of the officer (something that hardly ever done)

She literally thought a strung out looking individual who had a known history of being a victim of domestic violence was gonna shot her. What does the department do right after shooting her? Look for drugs to implicate her character and make her look dangerous and unhingedx even though public records show that she was a legitimate victim of abuse by nother.

There needs to be nore balance, and im not asking for european police in the states, that wont work because gangs are a real problem, and we see that they are ill equiped to deal with muslim problem. But still, guns are drawn too much for any little thing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/laquanmcdonald/ct-laquan-mcdonald-shooting-charges-20170627-story.html

3 Chicago cops indicted in cover-up of Laquan McDonald shooting............let's see where this goes.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,034
    Here's a legit case of "Walking While Black" syndrome.

Florida Cop Ticketed a Black Man for Walking Without His ID
    LINK
    Last week, a Florida cop stopped a 21-year-old black man for jaywalking, threatened to arrest him, and issued him a $130 ticket for failing to have his license on him, the Miami Herald reports.

Devonte Shipman posted a video of his run-in with officer J.S. Bolen in Jacksonville on Facebook last Wednesday. The footage begins just after the officer confronts Shipman, who calmly asks the officer what he did wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/devonte.shipman/videos/1599286606749155/
    Bolen tells Shipman he was jaywalking, and then threatens to arrest him and slap him with a fine.

"That's a $65 ticket a piece," Bolen says. "Get to my car. You are being legally detained. If you disobey... I will put you in jail."

He then asks for Shipman's ID. When Shipman tells the officer he doesn't have it on him, Bolen cites a Florida law mandating residents must carry identification with them at all times. But, according to the Herald, that law doesn't exist.

"In the state of Florida, you have to have an ID card on you identifying who you are," Bolen says. "I can detain you up to seven hours until I can figure out who you are."

Shipman, who had already told the officer his first and last name, begged to differ.

"No sir," he says. "You cannot."

Florida, like many states, does mandate residents carry their driver's licenses whenever they're driving a car. But Shipman was just walking across the street. Still, Bolen issued him a $136 ticket for failing to provide ID, as well as a citation and a $62 fine for jaywalking.

"It's walking while black," local activist Diallo Sekou told the Florida Times-Union. "This is Jim Crow when it comes to these laws and ordinances in the city."

According to the Times-Union, the local sheriff's office is still reviewing the video, but police said Bolen isn't under investigation.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,792
    edited June 28
    Or it's a case of jaywalking and the cop is just flat out wrong about the ID laws.

Edit: Cop says he wasn't in the crosswalk, possibly appearing to say the signal was red. In either case if he did that then he got caught jaywalking. Cop is just being a hard ass about it.
    Post edited by ThePurpleBunny on
    Twitch
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,114 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    crucades wrote: »

I would, but to my knowledge, there is no video of the shooting itself, only the aftermath.

Can't remember if this post is before or after dash cam footage of the actual shooting was posted, but everything you remember is wrong and when I told you that you never replied.
    This is offensive.
    It was before the dash cam, and after I saw the dash cam footage I sided against the officer.

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,114 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm not surprised.
    This is offensive.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/news/ct-sta-lansing-tape-st-0628-20170627-story.html
    Lansing police are investigating an altercation captured on video between a white off-duty police officer and black teen, officials said.

In a statement, police said the officer had intervened in a fight between two juveniles outside his Lansing home near 194nd Street and Oakwood Avenue on Saturday after being approached by youth involved in the altercation.

In the video, a man is holding a boy down on his yard. At one point, the man threatens to kill the youth, the video shows. He also yells for a woman at the home to get his gun.

The video, posted on Facebook, has more than 3.7 million views.

Andrew M. Stroth, a lawyer for the Lynwood teen, said the 15-year-old boy's family is seeking a full investigation from Lansing police. Stroth added that he will conduct an independent investigation, as well.

Stroth, a lawyer specializing in civil rights, said the tape shows "unjustified and excessive force" by the officer.

"You got a young black man attacked by a white officer," Stroth said. "And he's yelling for (a woman) to go get the gun. So in America at this point in time, it's a white officer, a black victim who's a boy, a minor, being threatened by the officer that the officer will take his life."

Lansing officials said they are aware of the incident and that Lansing police are currently investigating.

Meanwhile, a resident said he saw about 30 teens at the corner of 192nd and Oakwood that day. He said the teens were crowded around the corner and blocking the street. He said he didn't see any punches thrown or any weapons, but said there was a lot of yelling and some shoving. He added he didn't see the incident involving the teen and officer.

LaShawnya Brunson, who is the boy's aunt, would not discuss specifics of the incident. But she said she didn't like how her nephew was treated.

"My feelings are very mixed," Brunson said. "I'm angry, I'm sad. I'm disappointed because you see it so much on TV but when it hits home, that's messed up. And I'm so disappointed and angry to know that it's a police officer, that just heightens it."

How about that............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    I don't see the excessive force. The officer is unarmed and holding the kid on the ground.

The threats were unjustified, totally agree.

Cops want your id so they can mail your ticket and court date to you