The Good But Mostly Bad Police Thread

1323335373846

Comments

  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,020 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Did you guys not follow the story as it was developing? No one knew the ethnicity of the Dallas shooter as the story was developing until AFTER it was all over, yet the story blew up anyways. Please stop with your flawed logic.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,196
    edited July 2016
    My point is there's a deeper disdain towards Blacks who commit these crimes. There's no "mentally ill" OS like there is when Whites carry out similar mass shootings or worse. That isn't the same as saying there's no outrage at all. When that couple carried out that mass shooting in Vegas, most people just assumed they flew off the handle and it eventually faded into obscurity within a week or so. All of this "unity" you're seeing now about protecting the boys in blue? Yeah. Never happened.

    As soon as these cops were killed, everyone was already branding BLM as a terrorist group even though they had no idea who the shooter was. Admittedly, the latest shootings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile in conjunction with the shooting of the Dallas cops naturally gives this a much wider news angle. Regardless, it was assumed right off the bat that the shooter was a fucking Black man associated with BLM. Saying otherwise is 100% wrong.

    People are still pressing the BLM issue despite the reveal that the guy disliked BLM and wasn't even affiliated with them. It's because most people assume all Blacks against police brutality are also condoning the killing of cops. A combination of racial bias and people being stupid as fuck, I'd say.



    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    Did you guys not follow the story as it was developing? No one knew the ethnicity of the Dallas shooter as the story was developing until AFTER it was all over, yet the story blew up anyways. Please stop with your flawed logic.

    You missed the point completely. Of course the shooter garnered national attention, all mass shootings do. It's the aftermath I'm commenting on and the rhetoric being thrown around.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,437
    For one, many people were claiming mental illness after the Orlando shooting (not a black suspect, but you mentioned Muslim suspects as well, so it's revelant). Second, if you are sniping people from the top of a building then obviously you are mentally ill, regardless of race, religion, etc. I don't really see how that is an OS tbh
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,437
    That was well after the fact, though. They quickly said Omar was an ISIS affiliate immediately after the shooting.

    It's an OS in a sense that it's used as an excuse. A nigga executing multiple people is regarded as a hateful fuck that was born evil and better off dead. Someone like Adam Lanza is regarded as a guy that didn't get the help he should've gotten even though he knew what the fuck he was doing shooting up that school. A fucker like James Holmes can murder many people in a movie theater and casually walk to his car before being peacefully arrested. This shows the difference between being a Black shooter and a White shooter in the eyes of America.

    For the record, I don't think Black mass shooters deserve any pity. I think all mass shooters are disgusting people. This doesn't change the overall point.

    I'm sorry, but you're completely delusional, it's almost scary. There isn't anything I can really say as a rebuttal, because it's just your perception, but it doesn't match reality and I'm sorry you think that way. The only thing I can argue is regarding the Orlando shooting: he was an ISIS affiliate, being an ISIS member and being mentally ill aren't mutually exclusive.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,196
    edited July 2016
    I'm sorry, but you're completely clueless. Omar Mateen wasn't an ISIS affiliate at all. He cited various terrorists and groups he drew motivation from such as the Tsarnaev brothers (Boston Bombers), Al Qaeda, the militia based in Lebanon named Hezbollah, and a few more I believe. Many of these groups don't see eye to eye, further cementing the fact that this Mateen was a confused man who was longing to be apart of something. If I walk into a deli, shoot it up, and say it was in the name of ISIS, it doesn't make me an ISIS affiliate.

    Dude was strongly implied to be so far in the closet that he didn't know how to get out. Find a better example.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    I bet you actually believe Dylann Roof and and Timothy McVeigh were "mentally ill" too.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,437
    I'm sorry, but you're completely clueless. Omar Mateen wasn't an ISIS affiliate at all. He cited various terrorists and groups he drew motivation from such as the Tsarnaev brothers (Boston Bombers), Al Qaeda, the militia based in Lebanon named Hezbollah, and a few more I believe. Many of these groups don't see eye to eye, further cementing the fact that this Mateen was a confused man who was longing to be apart of something. If I walk into a deli, shoot it up, and say it was in the name of ISIS, it doesn't make me an ISIS affiliate.

    Dude was strongly implied to be so far in the closet that he didn't know how to get out. Find a better example.

    The dude pledged himself to ISIS and referred to himself as an Islamic soldier, if you do such things and then go shoot up a place you are going to be considered a terrorist, and rightfully so. You can call it what you want "a man longing to be a part of something" lol and apologize for him if you wish, but it was a terrorist act. This conversation has come up numerous times already though, so this will be my last comment as I don't want to derail the thread.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,196
    No one's apologizing for shit. How you got that from the post, I have no idea. If an explanation on his possible motives is the equivalent of an apology to you, then dialogue is definitely pointless.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,243
    Wasted wrote: »
    My understanding is that Black Lives Matter really only care when the cops kill someone, they don't give much of a fuck about the fact that blacks are killed more by other blacks than they are by the cops.

    I can sympathise with senseless police killings, but not BLM.

    Don't say that dude; that's the same rhetoric fox news and white suburbanites living in their bubble use while being ignorant to the work churches and youth centres have been doing for decades.

    Fox news brings that shit up every time one of these shootings happens like they actually give a fuck about blacks killing each other in the ghettos.

    Churches and youth centres can only do so much when the only thing these communities have to look forward to is possible gentrification or urban decay.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,034
    We're only talking about BLM, not the black community, here.

    Does BLM tend to get involved with the greater community? I'm genuinely curious as an outsider.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipping Hedonist Joined: Posts: 3,338
    How is BLM considered a coherent movement? I thought that was just something people yelled and hash tagged when police kill another unarmed black male.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,955
    Wasted wrote: »
    We're only talking about BLM, not the black community, here.

    Does BLM tend to get involved with the greater community? I'm genuinely curious as an outsider.

    BLM is concerned primarily with virtue signaling and looking "good" for the history books. Doing actual good, like stopping black communities gang problem with more policing, is not on their agenda. Neither is educating black youth on how to succeed beyond telling then that the air they breathe is holding them back. BLM is the most useless movement on the left. They are actually a net negative.

    The term "Regressive Left" does exist for a reason after all.

    You can usually recognize them as the insane people labeling Leftists as "Far Right" because they themselves are so far Left that they resemble the far far FAR religious Right. Horseshoe theory at work.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,940
    BLM is a rough attempt at bringing Tumblr into the real world
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,034
    All that article really says is we should be upset about a killing without knowing the facts.

    Apparently massacring one of the most transparent police agencies in the country is justified.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    http://nypost.com/2016/07/09/cop-in-damning-video-likely-to-face-charges-for-road-rage-slay/

    so you run up to somebodies car, start punching him and get shot. And then the attorney general wants to throw you in jail for using a firearm to defend yourself. Its like all the cases that aren't even aggregious are the ones being prosecuted and the bad ones are like, eh.

    so fucking stupid, I bet if he was in uniform none of this would be an issue. It just goes to show how fucking stupid and corrupt that instutition is
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,778
    edited July 2016
    I bet you actually believe Dylann Roof and and Timothy McVeigh were "mentally ill" too.

    All mass shooters/murderers are mentally unhinged

    Bet you wear a black trench coat and played double guns in house of the dead
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,778
    It's stupid to have a public fb/twitter/ig anyways

    Why re-post it.

    My social media is all mma and pro wrestling pretty much
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    Shooting somebody cause their fucking nose might match a description of somebody they're looking for? Smh.
    If the recording is true, it seems the initial "busted tail light" reason for why Philando Castile and his girlfriend were stopped was a lie

    Not necessarily. If they know they have a broken tail light and just assumed that was the reason they were getting pulled over in the first place, then that's what it is. In the end, the cop escalated shit out of fear. It would also mean neither side understood the situation.

    The thing is, if they weren't under suspicion for DWB, the cop probably wouldn't have bothered them about the busted tail light in the first place. I'm sure they would've asked why they were stopped, so it's unlikely they just assumed it was the tail light from the get go.

    It's more likely the cop saw that they "fitted a description" and needed a benign reason which wouldn't make "the suspects" panic. The fact that he went around to get Philando's wallet when he wasn't even driving is very unusual for a routine traffic stop.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

    " Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,778
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    Shooting somebody cause their fucking nose might match a description of somebody they're looking for? Smh.
    If the recording is true, it seems the initial "busted tail light" reason for why Philando Castile and his girlfriend were stopped was a lie

    Not necessarily. If they know they have a broken tail light and just assumed that was the reason they were getting pulled over in the first place, then that's what it is. In the end, the cop escalated shit out of fear. It would also mean neither side understood the situation.

    I don't get why the cop would have fear like that

    If people make you nervous find something else
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If the recording is true, it seems the initial "busted tail light" reason for why Philando Castile and his girlfriend were stopped was a lie. This makes even more sense as to why that retarded cop was so paranoid.



    KARE11 TV in Minnesota has published what may be police dispatch audio showing that Philando Castile was stopped because the police officer who shot him thought he looked like an armed robbery suspect because of “the wide set nose.”

    You can listen to the audio above or here. KARE cautions that the TV station received the audio from a viewer and has not been able to verify the dispatch audio with the St. Anthony Village Police Department.

    The audio aired by the TV station starts with a male voice, purported to be the officer, saying:

    “I’m going to stop a car. I’m going to check IDs. I have reason to pull it over.”

    “The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery,” the man in the audio adds. “The driver looks more like one of our suspects, just ‘cause of the wide set nose.”

    http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/philando-castile-armed-robbery-robber-suspect-stopped-police-dispatch-audio-scanner-traffic-reports-listen-jeronimo-yanez-broken-taillight-traffic-why-pulled-him-over-nose-record-criminal-history-arre/

    wow.. mods could put in a request for a smh button with the rest please...
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,122
    edited July 2016
    dab00g wrote: »
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    Shooting somebody cause their fucking nose might match a description of somebody they're looking for? Smh.
    If the recording is true, it seems the initial "busted tail light" reason for why Philando Castile and his girlfriend were stopped was a lie

    Not necessarily. If they know they have a broken tail light and just assumed that was the reason they were getting pulled over in the first place, then that's what it is. In the end, the cop escalated shit out of fear. It would also mean neither side understood the situation.

    I don't get why the cop would have fear like that

    If people make you nervous find something else

    The officer claiming "fear" for his life will be used to justify the use of deadly force.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,270
    MOB712 wrote: »
    Pokemon GO gon get a nigga shot one day

    Shit, be more surprised as to what you can find with that game.

    I mean, someone already came across a person's dead-ass.
    No seriously, someone found a corpse while hunting for the Mons.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

    SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Because some outlets are publishing this as a BLM/police story: https://www.yahoo.com/news/fatal-police-shooting-black-lives-000000007.html?nhp=1
    An off-duty police officer fatally shot a man who was trying to enter his St. Louis-area home late Saturday afternoon, Missouri officials say.

    According to police, 20-year-old Tyler Gebhard rang the doorbell at the officer’s Lakeshire, Mo., home shortly before 6 p.m. When the officer’s wife answered the door and refused entry, police said, Gebhard, a former high school football star, threw a 50-pound concrete planter through a rear window and attempted to enter.

    ...

    Gebhard’s uncle, Patrick Brogan, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that his nephew had become acquainted with the officer “through a church connection” and that the two “had been arguing on Facebook about Black Lives Matter.”

    Brogan added that Gebhard, who was biracial, suffered from bipolar disorder.

    “Tyler was going over to fight,” Brogan said. “When he got there he was met with a gun and the guy killed him.”
    This is pretty much all that matters. If the BLM angle didn't exist, he wouldn't (and honestly shouldn't) get any sympathy. But, the same people celebrating Dallas are probably the ones who think the officer is a monster for shooting a home intruder.
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    nber.org/papers/w22399

    There was this post today on reddit (above link to paper):
    "NBER paper: Blacks and Hispanics are more than 50% more likely to experience non-lethal uses of force by police. Controls do not fully explain these disparities. In terms of police shootings, there are no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account."

    It has interesting results, but it is a "Working Paper" aka not yet subject to peer review and ...

    The main issue with the data/results is a lack of transparency into the police department use of force cases and trying to deal with biased data, e.g. race cannot be randomized and use of force may be under reported or misreported.

    Page 5:
    Our results have several important caveats. First, all but one dataset was provided by a select group of police departments. It is possible that these departments only supplied the data because they are either enlightened or were not concerned about what the analysis would reveal. In essence, this is equivalent to analyzing labor market discrimination on a set of firms willing to supply a researcher with their Human Resources data! There may be important selection in who was willing to share their data. The Police-Public contact survey partially sidesteps this issue by including a nationally representative sample of civilians, but it does not contain data on officer-involved shootings.

    Relatedly, even police departments willing to supply data may contain police officers who present contextual factors at that time of an incident in a biased manner -- making it difficult to interpret regression coefficients in the standard way.[6] It is exceedingly difficult to know how prevalent this type of misreporting bias is (Schneider 1977). Accounting for contextual variables recorded by police officers who may have an incentive to distort the truth is problematic.