The Good But Mostly Bad Police Thread

Comments

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,870
    All that article really says is we should be upset about a killing without knowing the facts.

Apparently massacring one of the most transparent police agencies in the country is justified.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    http://nypost.com/2016/07/09/cop-in-damning-video-likely-to-face-charges-for-road-rage-slay/

so you run up to somebodies car, start punching him and get shot. And then the attorney general wants to throw you in jail for using a firearm to defend yourself. Its like all the cases that aren't even aggregious are the ones being prosecuted and the bad ones are like, eh.

so fucking stupid, I bet if he was in uniform none of this would be an issue. It just goes to show how fucking stupid and corrupt that instutition is
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,455
    edited July 2016
    I bet you actually believe Dylann Roof and and Timothy McVeigh were "mentally ill" too.

All mass shooters/murderers are mentally unhinged

Bet you wear a black trench coat and played double guns in house of the dead
    It's stupid to have a public fb/twitter/ig anyways

Why re-post it.

My social media is all mma and pro wrestling pretty much
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    Shooting somebody cause their fucking nose might match a description of somebody they're looking for? Smh.
    If the recording is true, it seems the initial "busted tail light" reason for why Philando Castile and his girlfriend were stopped was a lie

Not necessarily. If they know they have a broken tail light and just assumed that was the reason they were getting pulled over in the first place, then that's what it is. In the end, the cop escalated shit out of fear. It would also mean neither side understood the situation.

The thing is, if they weren't under suspicion for DWB, the cop probably wouldn't have bothered them about the busted tail light in the first place. I'm sure they would've asked why they were stopped, so it's unlikely they just assumed it was the tail light from the get go.

It's more likely the cop saw that they "fitted a description" and needed a benign reason which wouldn't make "the suspects" panic. The fact that he went around to get Philando's wallet when he wasn't even driving is very unusual for a routine traffic stop.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Shooting somebody cause their fucking nose might match a description of somebody they're looking for? Smh.
    If the recording is true, it seems the initial "busted tail light" reason for why Philando Castile and his girlfriend were stopped was a lie

Not necessarily. If they know they have a broken tail light and just assumed that was the reason they were getting pulled over in the first place, then that's what it is. In the end, the cop escalated shit out of fear. It would also mean neither side understood the situation.

I don't get why the cop would have fear like that

If people make you nervous find something else
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If the recording is true, it seems the initial "busted tail light" reason for why Philando Castile and his girlfriend were stopped was a lie. This makes even more sense as to why that retarded cop was so paranoid.

KARE11 TV in Minnesota has published what may be police dispatch audio showing that Philando Castile was stopped because the police officer who shot him thought he looked like an armed robbery suspect because of “the wide set nose.”

You can listen to the audio above or here. KARE cautions that the TV station received the audio from a viewer and has not been able to verify the dispatch audio with the St. Anthony Village Police Department.

The audio aired by the TV station starts with a male voice, purported to be the officer, saying:

“I’m going to stop a car. I’m going to check IDs. I have reason to pull it over.”

“The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery,” the man in the audio adds. “The driver looks more like one of our suspects, just ‘cause of the wide set nose.”

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/philando-castile-armed-robbery-robber-suspect-stopped-police-dispatch-audio-scanner-traffic-reports-listen-jeronimo-yanez-broken-taillight-traffic-why-pulled-him-over-nose-record-criminal-history-arre/

wow.. mods could put in a request for a smh button with the rest please...
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,100
    edited July 2016
    dab00g wrote: »

I don't get why the cop would have fear like that

If people make you nervous find something else

The officer claiming "fear" for his life will be used to justify the use of deadly force.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,191
    MOB712 wrote: »
    Pokemon GO gon get a nigga shot one day

Shit, be more surprised as to what you can find with that game.

I mean, someone already came across a person's dead-ass.
    No seriously, someone found a corpse while hunting for the Mons.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,728
    Because some outlets are publishing this as a BLM/police story: https://www.yahoo.com/news/fatal-police-shooting-black-lives-000000007.html?nhp=1
    An off-duty police officer fatally shot a man who was trying to enter his St. Louis-area home late Saturday afternoon, Missouri officials say.

According to police, 20-year-old Tyler Gebhard rang the doorbell at the officer’s Lakeshire, Mo., home shortly before 6 p.m. When the officer’s wife answered the door and refused entry, police said, Gebhard, a former high school football star, threw a 50-pound concrete planter through a rear window and attempted to enter.

Gebhard’s uncle, Patrick Brogan, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that his nephew had become acquainted with the officer “through a church connection” and that the two “had been arguing on Facebook about Black Lives Matter.”

Brogan added that Gebhard, who was biracial, suffered from bipolar disorder.

“Tyler was going over to fight,” Brogan said. “When he got there he was met with a gun and the guy killed him.”
    This is pretty much all that matters. If the BLM angle didn't exist, he wouldn't (and honestly shouldn't) get any sympathy. But, the same people celebrating Dallas are probably the ones who think the officer is a monster for shooting a home intruder.
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    nber.org/papers/w22399

There was this post today on reddit (above link to paper):
    "NBER paper: Blacks and Hispanics are more than 50% more likely to experience non-lethal uses of force by police. Controls do not fully explain these disparities. In terms of police shootings, there are no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account."

It has interesting results, but it is a "Working Paper" aka not yet subject to peer review and ...

The main issue with the data/results is a lack of transparency into the police department use of force cases and trying to deal with biased data, e.g. race cannot be randomized and use of force may be under reported or misreported.

Page 5:
    Our results have several important caveats. First, all but one dataset was provided by a select group of police departments. It is possible that these departments only supplied the data because they are either enlightened or were not concerned about what the analysis would reveal. In essence, this is equivalent to analyzing labor market discrimination on a set of firms willing to supply a researcher with their Human Resources data! There may be important selection in who was willing to share their data. The Police-Public contact survey partially sidesteps this issue by including a nationally representative sample of civilians, but it does not contain data on officer-involved shootings.

Relatedly, even police departments willing to supply data may contain police officers who present contextual factors at that time of an incident in a biased manner -- making it difficult to interpret regression coefficients in the standard way.[6] It is exceedingly difficult to know how prevalent this type of misreporting bias is (Schneider 1977). Accounting for contextual variables recorded by police officers who may have an incentive to distort the truth is problematic.
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Skimming through a couple sites filled with conservatives, I see people calling Black Lives Matter a terrorist group now. I can't say I'm really surprised.
    Well, strictly speaking, terrorism isn't just about bombing or shooting in the name of Allah.

Dallas police said this wasn't a terrorist atatck.

I'm happy we got this out of the way and can start calling dumbasses out when they say stupid shit like white people doing mass shootings are terrorist attacks.

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    edited July 2016
    That would depend on the motive of the event, but sure.

If a white guy shoots up his workplace, probably not terrorism. If he shoots up a bus of nuns or an abortion clinic, perhaps it is.

Wasted wrote: »
    That would depend on the motive of the event, but sure.

If a white guy shoots up his workplace, probably not terrorism. If he shoots up a bus of nuns or an abortion clinic, perhaps it is.

then this is terrorism.

he shot and targeted a particular group of people.

y/n?

• PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,002 mod
    pedoviejo wrote: »

then this is terrorism.

y/n?

Terrorist acts are politically motivated.

I'll let you decide on that one.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    He specifically wanted to kill white police, last I recall, so the Dallas attack could certainly be considered terrorism.

As opposed to say, Sandy Hook, where the guy simply snapped with no real goal or motive. Not trying to send a message, he just wanted to kill wantonly.

Pertho wrote: »

then this is terrorism.

y/n?

Religion and ideology are both additional motives for terrorism, they're not always political in nature.

Of course with Islam, it tends to fit all three.

• GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    Well, strictly speaking, terrorism isn't just about bombing or shooting in the name of Allah.

I doubt protests count as terrorism. And that's mainly what BLM does publicly whenever these situations keep popping up.

But now thanks to the shooter(s), conservatives and the media can spin it to however they want to. They can demonize what it is in order to fit their agenda.

Let's be real, a lot of people are still very ignorant to the basic ideology behind the BLM movement. It doesn't take much now to convince people that somebody wearing a BLM t-shirt is gonna burn down your house and eat your children, or that they all have guns and are highly volatile.
    edited July 2016

I doubt protests count as terrorism.

Of course not, unless you're using the protest to hide an ulterior motive like an attack.

But, we know the Dallas shooter wasn't a protester or associated with BLM anyway .

Shit like that comment. It's shit like that which makes blm look stupid

Shit like "you see how far we go, wait till it gets worse"

That shit. It makes your movement look so fucking bad
    Pertho wrote: »

then this is terrorism.

y/n?

and they also aim to kill indiscriminately. This isn't a terror attack

Terror acts by jihadist take out mostly citizens, but target a specific group like embassy or a police station

Terror acts in america target specific buildings or targets.

This was a terror attack based on the motivation and carnage.

Or i guess dude was a serial killer like dc sniper
  • LilBarlogLilBarlog Joined: Posts: 97
    Someone posted this shit on my feed from almost 2 years ago. The key is 1:15-1:30

But like Chris Dorner said, they probably got a promotion after.