The Good But Mostly Bad Police Thread

Comments

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,399
    Alkipot wrote: »
    Was just waiting for Wasted to chime in with stupidity. Did not disappoint. Probably thought that black therapist that got shot while his hands were up a little while ago was justified too.

Is that the guy they shot with a rifle? Refer to page 30.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    edited September 2016
    Wasted wrote: »
    As I have stated on more than one occasion on this website, I would prefer to see officers executing other officers in the face of such wanton corruption, as they would against armed criminals.
    That wouldn't do anything about the sources of corruption, only the products. When dishonesty, injustice, and oppression are the problems that are inherent in a system, violence CANNOT solve them, or help anyone who has suffered from them or who perpetuates them.. Only a massive amount of economic, political and social reforms(y'know, like more education/health care/welfare/etc.) could fix anything here, but no, you just want more corpses.
    ...When a minority is literally committing more crime than the majority, do you expect people NOT to notice that behavior?
    Adjust for population @ the bolded. Also, higher poverty rates = higher crime rates, so I'm willing to bet that that any given poor white area such as, oh, some backwater trailer park in the middle of West Virginia can be reasonably compared to, say, Compton.
    Why is it, that a black death is somehow more tragic than a white death, when a white person is in fact more likely overall the one to be killed?
    Statistically, more white people get killed by cops than black people because there are more white people around in the first place. Again, adjust for population. Also, you're way more likely to get capped if you're black instead of white.
    Why is ANY race's death being portrayed as more tragic than any other?
    Because every race except for one doesn't get equal/just treatment in life, and in death, many of them are victims of unequal/unjust treatment on a systemic basis. ...Also, even if it were a pissing contest about, heh, which "lives matter" more, what's it to you? Why does it seem like you're playing devil's advocate when there's a situation where black people get treated as victims to be mourned instead of objects to be forgotten about?
    Post edited by MechWarrior on
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,850
    edited September 2016
    Another case where body cams would clarify everything.
    Only if they're not turned off, like they were here: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-turn-body-cams-stomp-suspects-neck/ Gee, I wonder why an American cop would disable something that's meant to force accountability on them.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Yes and no. They could be conveniently turned off, although that's very suspicious. However, most departments do not have body cams because of funding. Since police are a public service, they are paid by local government. Public services like police, schools, and fire departments usually the first things to get their budgets cut when local government starts budgeting finances.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I like how we equate being imprisoned and punished for a crime in a country that actively racially profiles people while letting others get away either scott free or getting exonerated during the trial(or just simply getting the same old slap on the wrist) with "committing more crimes".

So basically it is only a "crime" if the person is punished by the skewed justice system correct, is that what we are saying because that is what it seems like.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    I mean come on, look at how this works.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/27714640/police-charge-woman-with-attempted-murder
    Julia Shields was supposed to be in court Monday morning facing three counts of attempted murder. Instead, she's undergoing a mental evaluation at Moccasin Bend.

Police said she was wearing body armor while pointing her gun and firing at multiple cars last month. Almost a dozen witnesses showed up to testify against her Monday, including Chris Snyder and his 8-year-old son Noah.

How full of shit can you crackers be? Commit more crimes lol, white people just out there casually trying to commit mass murder and getting sent to country club loony bins to be evaluted? I wonder how that figures into these bs crime statistics lol. Got the same dudes that will say that white people get killed more by police while disregarding the whole "proportional" to the total population bs that they love to fall back on with their created by an actual racist "crime statistics".

Dudes like "you on some conspiracy theory shit the lady that made my convenient charts that we talk about all day on stormfront can't be racist, Just the senators, judges, and congressmen that she works with!!"

These cats are about as genuine as Ronald T Ritchie when he made that 911 call.

Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    This dude spirit juice retarded lol, cops out there making damn near 200k because overtime abuse. But they can't afford cheap ass body cams. Gtfo.

Anyways, damn ya'll was right these skinheads really do all look the same.

walmart_bbgunbandits-800x430.jpg

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_11fed9dd-b84e-5e8c-936d-f8d519957e6d.html#user-comment-area
    Mains:
    edited September 2016
    It's not just budgeting that makes departments hesitant to get body cams, it's the legalities about who can view the evidence it captures. We have similar issues going on here with our cops and body cam rollouts.

For US police, does it interfere with the Fourth Amendment?
    How do departments ensure and get held accountable to make sure the footage isn't altered before being offered as evidence against a defendant?
    How do police ensure the footage isn't given to the inappropriate parties (journalists, bloggers, other departments, etc)?
    Given the cameras will be running 40 hours a week (take an average working week, as an example), and every officer will have one, how is their constant footage going to be reviewed so that they're also being held accountable BEFORE something goes to court?

After that, only then does budgeting become a factor. Then there's the obvious extra costs of storage and permanent security of said footage; extra resourcing and probable outsourcing requirements as well.

I'd imagine smaller departments can afford the cameras easily, but maybe not the extra systems that support them. Still, sell that APV that you never use and put it towards a down payment.

• ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,563
    Wasted wrote: »
    As I have stated on more than one occasion on this website, I would prefer to see officers executing other officers in the face of such wanton corruption, as they would against armed criminals.
    That wouldn't do anything about the sources of corruption, only the products. When dishonesty, injustice, and oppression are the problems that are inherent in a system, violence CANNOT solve them, or help anyone who has suffered from them or who perpetuates them.. Only a massive amount of economic, political and social reforms(y'know, like more education/health care/welfare/etc.) could fix anything here, but no, you just want more corpses.

This is MechWarrior saying this? Hello, Twilight Zone.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    edited September 2016
    This is MechWarrior saying this? Hello, Twilight Zone.
    It took years to happen, but I finally took my head out of my ass, which is something that can't be said for the people who I'm arguing against in here. I'm mortified at how long I refused to believe that you just can't punch out injustice/poverty/tyranny/etc. and have them stay gone. ...Better late than never, I guess.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,563
    I don't like this new you. Give me back the crazy psycho I could poke fun at. Don't deny me one of the few pleasures I have in life.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    Your head is still in your arse. Cops drawing on other cops wasn't presented as a catch-all solution.

It would however, be a start.

edited September 2016
    Raz0r wrote: »

Yes and no. They could be conveniently turned off, although that's very suspicious. However, most departments do not have body cams because of funding. Since police are a public service, they are paid by local government. Public services like police, schools, and fire departments usually the first things to get their budgets cut when local government starts budgeting finances.

If small police forces can afford military gear such as automatic weapons and tanks, they can all afford body cams.

I figured that would be brought up, but aren't those automatic weapons and tanks federally funded, not locally funded?
    angelpalm wrote: »
    This dude spirit juice retarded lol, cops out there making damn near 200k because overtime abuse. But they can't afford cheap ass body cams. Gtfo.

200K? And I'm the retard?

http://www1.salary.com/Police-Officer-Salary.html
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,931
    edited September 2016

If small police forces can afford military gear such as automatic weapons and tanks, they can all afford body cams.

I figured that would be brought up, but aren't those automatic weapons and tanks federally funded, not locally funded?

Did you read what he wrote? He said with "overtime" and while he may be exaggerating a bit...he's right. Especially if you consider part time gigs that can pay at least $35 per hr.
    God's favorite ©

Did you read what he wrote? He said with "overtime" and while he may be exaggerating a bit...he's right. Especially if you consider part time gigs that can pay at least $35 per hr.

The median is still 52k, unless all this overtime is magically not reported, or it happens a lot and which should inflate the 52k median, meaning on average a majority of police don't make much money at all.
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,931

The median is still 52k, unless all this overtime is magically not reported, or it happens a lot and which should inflate the 52k median, meaning on average a majority of police don't make much money at all.

Part time gigs are not related to your annual salary at all. Most officers get their PT gigs in cash. Overtime works a bit different...but I'm not going to get into that as that varies from county, state and federal agencies.

Just know that you can easily clear 80-100k in law enforcement if you want to
    God's favorite ©

• GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,430
    Wil wrote: »

Hooray for progress! Solutions through 3rd grade insults!
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,430
    Video of the North Carolina, Keith Scott shooting from the wife's phone camera.

• odinodin rose of mayyyy Joined: Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What a hateful country. Every day American politicians and the general populace surprise me with garbage.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,167
    edited September 2016
    Looks like the officers did nothing to de-escalate the situation. They didn't care if the guy was on medication (according to the video he suffered a traumatic brain injury) or if the guy was handicapped. They'll just say lack of conscience or failure to comply as a justification for using deadly force.

This reminds me of that deaf driver who was shot and killed by police in....North Carolina. The officer said the driver failed to comply with his orders during a routine traffic stop so he shot the driver.

If you don't comply and obey the verbal orders of an officer, the officer will immediately think you're a threat. Boom. Let's ask and answer the questions and figure out if he was handicapped after the victim is dead. Comply or die.

There was an incident here in Hawaii where the family of a mentally ill person called police for assistance. They needed help to calm down the mentally ill family member. The officer ended up shooting and killing the mentally ill person instead of trying to assist the family.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    edited September 2016
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,487
    The tape shows that these departments are not training these officers how to effectively de-escalate situations such as dealing with a suspect with pre existing mental complications. What do they do, they just shoot the guy, and this was after said officers were made aware of the man's condition by his wife, who recorded the entire event.

It's things like this that reaffirm my lack of "respect" towards American law enforcement. It is powerless to help the innocent, but infallible when it comes to punishment and mishandling issues.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
    These white southern cunts are getting crushed. I love it.
    edited September 2016

"You can see something in his hand and that he pointed it at an officer."

"That I did not visually see the video."

:wtf: dafuq

Did the officer really have to use deadly force? I understand that if the officer feels that his or her life is threatened that allows them to use deadly force but did it really have to come to that? According to the police department's side of the story the officers began to speculate something might be wrong because Scott seemed to be rolling up a "blunt." It all started with "oh shit he's rolling up a blunt and it looks like he had a gun. Time to get your guns ready."

Their "probable cause" to arrest Scott on gun and marijuana possession meant de-escalation was thrown out the window. Non-compliance to the officer's verbal commands meant the officers will use their guns.

It doesn't look like Scott pointed his gun at the officers at the time of the shooting. It also looks like he had nothing in his hands when he left the vehicle. :coffee:

Edit:

Here's another clip

Post edited by Wil on
    Throwaway gun, probably.

The officers are trained and told to make sure their stories are consistent with their peers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file