HDR Online Remixed Tournaments []

Comments

• DecoyDecoy You better block. Joined: Posts: 497
    Those looked like great matches Poison, Thelo, and paul -- thanks for recording and sharing it with us.

Poison - I know you mainly as a Dhalsim player, but it looks like your Sagat is coming together nicely.
    Thelo - You got in some good matches. That double K.O against Exposed was surprising, very nice you caught that on video. Keep doing what you do best and play it cool with down-back.
    paul - I totally underestimated you and you kicked my ass for it. Well done on your matches.

On another note, how do you think people would feel about an HDR Classic tourney?

Would LOVE a classic HDR tourney. Count me in.
    XBL Tag: Real Decoy
  • Sweet PoisonSweet Poison Knowledge is power. Joined: Posts: 981
    I would be down for a classic HDR tourney as well. Also Geneijin whatever happened to the WWL that you are SilverRain where running? A suggestion I would have if you guys continue to do it, is when matches are assigned give people 2 weeks. Then there should be no excuses (which I know people still would miss games lol). Here is the current league I am in for playing SSFIV.
    SFCCL.weebly.com - Home It has been going on for over a year and there are even people waiting to get in it. I know you and SilverRain had the same type of quality regarding the site. I think the difference was instead of everybody having to play on the same day, you give them, again, 2 weeks to play their matches and go from there. This way you can accomodate everyone and their different schedules. I think if we could do this for HDR you could keep the regulars definitely interested and attract newcomers as well.
    My hunger's never satisfied. Knowledge is what fuels me.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    I'd be down for a Vanilla ST tourney.
  • RemixedRemixed The MOST Troll Joined: Posts: 768
    I would be down for a classic HDR tourney as well. Also Geneijin whatever happened to the WWL that you are SilverRain where running? A suggestion I would have if you guys continue to do it, is when matches are assigned give people 2 weeks. Then there should be no excuses (which I know people still would miss games lol). Here is the current league I am in for playing SSFIV.
    SFCCL.weebly.com - Home It has been going on for over a year and there are even people waiting to get in it. I know you and SilverRain had the same type of quality regarding the site. I think the difference was instead of everybody having to play on the same day, you give them, again, 2 weeks to play their matches and go from there. This way you can accomodate everyone and their different schedules. I think if we could do this for HDR you could keep the regulars definitely interested and attract newcomers as well.

Well, the WWL was and still is Silver Rain's to begin with. I was only there to provide maintenance to the site and on the off day where Silver wasn't around, he gave me and Thelo permission to start the tournament after he organized the brackets. People eventually stopped showing or there was a low turnout for following events, and then Silver got busy with life (or was it life that got busy with Silver?) and he eventually moved onto SSF4. I haven't heard of any plans with the WWL since then.

That sounds like a fun league you mentioned. I tried doing something like that for HDR for about a month (GeneiJin87's SSF2THDR Weekly Tournaments) but I suppose because of the player base, it didn't last very long. People would sign up, either couldn't play at all during the week or forgot about it, and then by the end of the week I had to DQ like 70% of the players in the week's bracket. I just lost motivation after that.

Also, what would be tournament viable speed for Classic HDR?
  • KacomKacom Joined: Posts: 268

Also, what would be tournament viable speed for Classic HDR?

I think the default is fine, but I know that some people use one speed faster.
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    I'm more familiar with classic ST. I "tolerate/make do" with HDR. I don't hate it. I just "tolerate" cuz I don't know it as well as Classic. that's all.
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
    Let's see how the reception is for Classic mode.

Classic mode event, Thursday, Feb 3/11 at 10PM EST/7PM PST. Details are listed in my first post. Sign ups are open until 8:30PM EST/5:30PM PST on the day of the event.

To keep it a bit more organized, I've reopened my site (GeneiJin87's Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix LIVE) and included the last event in it. For a little customization, I gave everyone a profile to keep track of their record and what part of the world they're from (incase you want to determine latency) with a color customized picture of their main (from what I can recall). If anything in your profile needs changing, let me know.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Sign me up.
  • ZarukaZaruka the Fool Joined: Posts: 856
    aww i won't be able to make the classic one. i wish everyone good luck
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZarukaFu?feature=mhee my youtube account for all your scrub viewing needs. now you can watch me live with http://www.twitch.tv/zaruka.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,249
    Is this Thursday? What time? Im in if its not classic...
    It's next Thursday, February 3, at 10PM EST/7PM PST. Sorry, it's classic mode this time around.
  • MithosMithos Joined: Posts: 122
    Sign me up.
    oh ok, im in for the next one when its not classic & if its not on Saturday...
  • evoanonevoanon FP Black Inside Joined: Posts: 431
    I'm in.
  • PoretPoret 12 yr old scrub on XBL Joined: Posts: 155
    sign me up
    XBL: ThatKidPoret
  • mad possummad possum Joined: Posts: 1,091
    I'll try to make it.
    GGPO name : madpossum
    Sign me up man.
  • DecoyDecoy You better block. Joined: Posts: 497
    Hey, you forgot to add me. :-)
    XBL Tag: Real Decoy
    Sorry Decoy, I wasn't sure if you could still make it given the different date and time. Everyone above this post has been added, will be closing sign ups tonight.
  • MisterEgoTripMisterEgoTrip Bask in Sumo Prowess Joined: Posts: 943
    Got a new HRAP EX-SE, bout to see what this baby can do so count me in!
    -- "Dosukoi, Dosukoi!", says the Sumo player "Ego" as he simulates the HHS in slow motion --
    -- Honorary member of the "No Honor Crew" --
  • Nightwing1990Nightwing1990 WING-NUTT Joined: Posts: 370
    is it to late for me to join?
    :pray:NIGHTWING OWNZ ALLLLLL:pray:
    if there is room throw me in
    There's always enough room.

Sign ups close in about 4 hours at 8:30PM EST. Everyone above this post has been added.
  • MarsflashMarsflash BGG BITCHES!! Joined: Posts: 401
    hey genei, if you can sign me up if thats ok. Thanks again.
  • puppup Joined: Posts: 118
    Can I get in?
  • AkumaXAkumaX Joined: Posts: 37
    I'd like to sign up as well: paulkachou
    Alright, it's 8:30PM EST so that means sign ups beyond this post are void. Everyone above has been included and a reminder on XBL has been sent. Brackets will be uploaded shortly before the hour is up. Check the top of the first post or the site under "matches" for bracket details.
    Is a working chat online, or are we doing this the hard way?
    Is a working chat online, or are we doing this the hard way?

Chat should be up now.
  • AkumaXAkumaX Joined: Posts: 37
    paulkachou's matches
    Chat should be up now.

Thanks to Geneijin87 for organizing the tournament, and thanks and ggs to my competitors, blitzfu, ThatKidPoret, and kacom.
    As always thank you geneijin for running this. You definitely help to contributing to keeping the scene alive at least online for many of us who would love to go and play offline but due to hectic schedules just isn't feasible. Second thanks to my competitors. GGS to you all. I have some new toys I was playing with tonight and it just didnt seem like it was smooth on my end. Maybe because it is so damn cold here in Nebraska. I wasnt able to record any of my matches because I didnt get my Hauppage HD pvr yesterday due to the crazy weather that hit the midwest. I will have it tomorrow so hopefully if you run another one I should be ready and have used it enough to be sufficient. Good night everyone and congrats to whomever wins.
  • MithosMithos Joined: Posts: 122
    Sucks how I had to miss it due to work :( Hopefully next time this doesn't happen to me again.
  • puppup Joined: Posts: 118
    congrats to mars for winning again!! love how fast and smooth the tournaments are being run
  • milesokeefemilesokeefe Spammy Joined: Posts: 387
    Wish I didn't have work Thursday nights, this is looking to be a regular thing.
    Mars is just a HDR/ST beast! Good job Mars, proving once again you're not just "lucky" as you always claim. Thank you to everyone who showed up tonight, sorry I kind of slowed things down near the end -- I had some important things come up. Good work everyone!

Site is fully updated with results, profile changes, tier listing, rank scoreboard, and the addition of newcomers (Kacom, ThatKidPoret, evoanon, x Mithos x). Will announce another event probably within 2 weeks.
    congrats to mars for winning again!! love how fast and smooth the tournaments are being run

Agreed. These tourneys have been as smooth as butter. Good work Geneijin.
  • MarsflashMarsflash BGG BITCHES!! Joined: Posts: 401
    Thanks again to Geneijin for running a great tourney again as always, as well as VGGs in our fights. I Didn't expect to get past 1st round in all honesty. VGGS to Cvital in the grandfinals, im not sure how the outcome turned out the way it did lol. And yes i do believe it was extreme luck, as it was very hard and tough as everyfight is. Well back to training. ggs everyone. Take care.
    Thanks again to Geneijin for running a great tourney again as always, as well as VGGs in our fights. I Didn't expect to get past 1st round in all honesty. VGGS to Cvital in the grandfinals, im not sure how the outcome turned out the way it did lol. And yes i do believe it was extreme luck, as it was very hard and tough as everyfight is. Well back to training. ggs everyone. Take care.

Vomits out the humility...

Geneijin please please please make it remix next one...Gief is hungry for Green berets, especially the super nice one!
  • danielx510-2danielx510-2 Joined: Posts: 14
    Can I join the next one too?

I have a working xbox again.
  • Elton ChongElton Chong AKA Herbert Wong Joined: Posts: 346

Well done Mars. Nice to see Guile win.

Just curious though, why do you think you are such a bad player and who online has a better Guile than you?
    As always thank you geneijin for running this. You definitely help to contributing to keeping the scene alive at least online for many of us who would love to go and play offline but due to hectic schedules just isn't feasible. Second thanks to my competitors. GGS to you all. I have some new toys I was playing with tonight and it just didnt seem like it was smooth on my end. Maybe because it is so damn cold here in Nebraska. I wasnt able to record any of my matches because I didnt get my Hauppage HD pvr yesterday due to the crazy weather that hit the midwest. I will have it tomorrow so hopefully if you run another one I should be ready and have used it enough to be sufficient. Good night everyone and congrats to whomever wins.

Don't sweat not being able to record videos. The choice is 100% yours and you shouldn't feel obligated to have to record, although I (and I'm sure the rest of the community) greatly appreciate it if and when you or paulkachou or Thelo take the time to do so. Maybe next time!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. How do people feel about team tournaments? Perhaps a 3-on-3 or a team of 5/6/7 from country A vs team of 5/6/7 from country B? Or would it be more preferable to stick with a solo entry double elimination format?
    I think it would be fine man. As long as we can keep the games running as smooth and efficient as you have, then why not. I think it is pretty obvious you have a bunch of old faithfuls playing. Hopefully it attracts some others.

And I am good to go on recording now. I finally picked up a Hauppage HD PVR. It is soooo nice. I love being able to record in HD. It sucks that HDR doesnt have a replay system like SSFIV. I think all games at least fighting games should have it. Rumor has it that MVC3 wont have it which is a major let down in my eyes. Hopefully that gets corrected.
  • PoretPoret 12 yr old scrub on XBL Joined: Posts: 155
    I had a lot of fun even though I was done pretty quickly. Nerves were messing with my execution. GGs to Sweet Poison and paulkachou. I think the more I play with XBL elite the better I get so hopefully I can play with you guys in another tourney sometime soon.

Thanks to Genei for running the tourney and the people who recorded that was a nice bonus.
    XBL: ThatKidPoret
    Next event is scheduled to be a Remixed Round Robin with Default Rules in Remixed mode. For those who don't know how a round robin works, you essentially play all participating members (excluding yourself). In this event, all games are played normally (first to 2 games wins). Once all your matches are played, your amount of wins will act as a score to determine your rank placement. Those with similar scores will play again, but the game will be treated as a semi-finals match (first to 3). The players fighting for first place will treat the game as a grand finals match (first to 4).

In the case where there are more than 2 players with similar score, then those players will play everyone in their group under semi-finals terms (except for those playing for first place; which will be played under grand finals terms). The ranking for the group of players will determine on the amount of wins that are accumulated when playing against those with similar scores.

Since this is close to the release of MvC3, I've extended the time to play from one night to 1 week. This event starts on Friday, February 18th and will last until 11:00PM EST on February 25th or until all matches are played. Keep in mind, depending on the number of entrants, there could be a fair amount of games to be played, so try to get them all done as soon as possible. Sign ups close on Thursday, February 17 at 11:59 PM EST.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    I would like to play. Are we character locked?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    It's character locked on win. You're free to choose anyone else if you lose or when you're starting your first game against an opponent.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    I'm not very good, can I use akuma?
    Ah shit..    
    I dont know about Canada bro but MVC3 comes out February 15th in the U.S. I'm not sure what you meant.

Also I thought the teams versus is a better idea. Any time you start letting people play matches and have to schedule with one another it just makes for disaster with people not playing. I like how these tournaments have been running for one night and within the hour possible a little longer. Personally the idea just seems like it will take too long and with Marvel vs Capcom 3 literally right around the corner I just dont know. Obviously I'm speaking for myself but I may have to pass on this one. I wonder what every one else thinks?
    I dont know about Canada bro but MVC3 comes out February 15th in the U.S. I'm not sure what you meant.

Also I thought the teams versus is a better idea. Any time you start letting people play matches and have to schedule with one another it just makes for disaster with people not playing. I like how these tournaments have been running for one night and within the hour possible a little longer. Personally the idea just seems like it will take too long and with Marvel vs Capcom 3 literally right around the corner I just dont know. Obviously I'm speaking for myself but I may have to pass on this one. I wonder what every one else thinks?

I believe MvC3 is coming out the same day here. I'm sure a lot of people will be picking up their copies on release day or during the week and are most probably going to want to play it more than HDR over the weekend/for the next little while. I'm hoping the majority of players who sign up for this one will be on during the starting day of the event and we can get most, if not all, of the games out of the way. Although this will depend all on the amount of people who want in, we can either finish this in a couple of hours or use the extension. I'm giving it a few days before I finalize the time, just to test the waters. This is me being hopeful though, lol.
    Yeah I have a xbox and a ps3 copy coming on the 15th. The nice thing about hdr being on the hard drive is I do not have to take a game out to play it which is why it is so easy to come back to it. But like I said I just dont like the idea of having to schedule multiple matches over a period of time. We have people struggling in the ps3 league I'm in to get 2 matches done in two weeks.

Like I said people love how these little tourneys have been lasting a little over a hour and double elimination. They have been pretty smooth and running like clockwork. I'll keep checking to see who has signed up but between MVC3, SSF4, Killzone 3, I am going to be a little occupied. :)