HDR Online Remixed Tournaments []

Comments

• Elton ChongElton Chong AKA Herbert Wong Joined: Posts: 346
    Alright, thanks for letting me know in advance guys.

Turnout seems to be short for this one, so this should take less than an hour for us.

Everyone pull out so I win by default
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,420
    Alright, thanks for letting me know in advance guys.

Turnout seems to be short for this one, so this should take less than an hour for us.

If the turnout is this small, what do you think of doing that round robin thing again but one night only...That way everyone plays everyone & whoever has the most wins win...As of right now it seems there are only 6 participants...
    What day is this thing and what time. COuld someone give me a UK time because i dont understand all this EST business.

Thanks in advance.
  • PhoenicianMindsPhoenicianMinds T3AM W I T Joined: Posts: 148
    Count me in!
    T3AM W ° I ° T ™

What3v3r It Tak3s... Gritty and witty. :)
  • DecoyDecoy You better block. Joined: Posts: 497
    Add me please.
    XBL Tag: Real Decoy
  • RemixedRemixed The MOST Troll Joined: Posts: 768
    Sign ups are closed, everyone up to Real Decoy has been added and seeded into the brackets (which are up; check brackets).

We have 9 players in total, we'll just keep it as a short and sweet double elimination. If it was 6, I probably would have went with the round robin idea again.

As for the time zones, Elton, based on London's time (I'm not particularly sure on your location), it is 4 hours ahead right now because of our daylight savings. Which means this will start at early 3 A.M London time. I don't know if you'll be awake by then to play, but you can still opt to drop out if you want.

There is a countdown timer on the right side of the website that should show you how much longer until it starts.
    I won't be awake will have to pull out.
    Where is everyone at?
  • DecoyDecoy You better block. Joined: Posts: 497
    Very sorry guys. I'm gonna have to pull out at the last minute. My kids decided to have a slumber party in my living room tonight. :-(

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    XBL Tag: Real Decoy
  • VOLTECHVOLTECH Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW Joined: Posts: 3,040
    GG's guys I'm heading out. I'll be back online tomorrow night.

I'm 3-0 as of right now
    Quality over Quantity
    voltecharcadesticks@gmail.com
    http://voltecharcadesticks.blogspot.com/
    Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW!!!
  • AngeloW88AngeloW88 Just Kicking It Joined: Posts: 132
    GG's to everyone i played today i hope to join more of these in the future and play more good players.
    Man that last match in the final round geneijin, uhhh it was frustrating...I thought i had you then i loss focus & couldn't get your timing down...very good matches & amazing guile!

I couldn't even concentrate w/ Voltech matches after that, i pretty much checked out. Wish there were more people, what the hell is wrong with everyone...I see people playing online all the time, why aren't you guys participating in these awesome tournaments!

GGs to Phoneicianminds & Angelo! Hope you guys keep entering these tournaments..
    Man that last match in the final round geneijin, uhhh it was frustrating...I thought i had you then i loss focus & couldn't get your timing down...very good matches & amazing guile!

I couldn't even concentrate w/ Voltech matches after that, i pretty much checked out. Wish there were more people, what the hell is wrong with everyone...I see people playing online all the time, why aren't you guys participating in these awesome tournaments!

GGs to Phoneicianminds & Angelo! Hope you guys keep entering these tournaments..

Yeah, those were some great matches. Actually some people were over and they were watching and hoping you would win. Every time you got in and slammed me in the corner they all got riled up and said it was over. I really thought you had figured me out but I guess I got lucky and just managed to pull through.

Sorry I was 10 minutes late guys, I couldn't make it home on time. Anyways, good games you guys. Thanks for participating and supporting these events. I'll try and find a convenient date and time for the majority of people in future events. Results and ranks are fully updated on the site. Nice work nabbing first place VOLTECH!
    Anytime of the week except for Sat works for me...Congrats to Voltech best Chun li
    I'd like to enter but 3am is too much for me. Even if I stayed up I couldn't play properly. Just wondering if there's a way round this like playing my matches earlier
    I'd like to enter but 3am is too much for me. Even if I stayed up I couldn't play properly. Just wondering if there's a way round this like playing my matches earlier

I could probably set it on a date that's more convenient for most people and at an earlier time (probably somewhere between 8pm-12am your time).
  • BlueMary69BlueMary69 If I Drown let me Sink Joined: Posts: 749
    hey how can i join your rankings geneijin?
    Just play in one of the events in the future :rock:
    I could probably set it on a date that's more convenient for most people and at an earlier time (probably somewhere between 8pm-12am your time).

Cool I wonder what the best time for everyone would be
    Alright, going to try for an earlier time at the end of the week. Next event is scheduled on a Sunday afternoon, April 3/2011 at 3PM EST/12PM PST. Standard remixed double elimination with default rules.
    Last event the outcome was pretty weak, i think there was only 5, 5 amazing players but damn only 5...I think we can do better then that.

It seems like there is a tourney every 2 weeks, why not let the roster decide which is the best day to do it? The day w/ the most vote wins it & then people will then decide on the best time...What do you think?

Man i want to do this one on Sunday but i wont be back home until 5pm PST....
  • Sweet PoisonSweet Poison Knowledge is power. Joined: Posts: 981
    Sign me up GeneiJin87. And I would have participated in the last tournament but I had prior engagement with wifey. :) Besides it wouldnt have been fair taking out ChunLi. lol

Darth Simicus is coming back.
    My hunger's never satisfied. Knowledge is what fuels me.
  • PhoenicianMindsPhoenicianMinds T3AM W I T Joined: Posts: 148
    Make it 7 pm eastern on the 3rd and I'm in. I work until 6 on that Sunday...
    T3AM W ° I ° T ™

What3v3r It Tak3s... Gritty and witty. :)
  • AngeloW88AngeloW88 Just Kicking It Joined: Posts: 132
    sign me up whenever you guys do this im down
    Make it 7 pm eastern on the 3rd and I'm in. I work until 6 on that Sunday...
    LOL im a family man, usually best time is after dinner...5:30pm PST/8:30 PST

If you guys can accommodate that im in...
  • RoyalPhlushRoyalPhlush The End... Joined: Posts: 240
    If you can start it at 7 30 Eastern then I'm 100% in there!
    Omega Versus Crew

Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY thing.
    - Vince Lombardi

www.Facebook.com/RoyalPhlush
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    I don't have my april's work schedule yet. is it cool if you sign me up and just DQ me if I no show? sorry for the troubles. I really want to play. I want to make up for my shit performance last time.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I'm seeing people are more available during the evening, so I may make it 8PM EST/5PM PST if it's more manageable for the majority. Let me know guys.
  • Sweet PoisonSweet Poison Knowledge is power. Joined: Posts: 981
    In Elton's defense that is pretty late and actually not late enough for me. Why cant we do it sooner during the day like in the afternoon or even in the morning? You obviously are not going to make everyone happy and when you went to the find your opponent at your leisure for matches no one played their matches that way either.

I wont be available at 8pm EST/7 CST. Thanks though.
    My hunger's never satisfied. Knowledge is what fuels me.
    In Elton's defense that is pretty late and actually not late enough for me. Why cant we do it sooner during the day like in the afternoon or even in the morning? You obviously are not going to make everyone happy and when you went to the find your opponent at your leisure for matches no one played their matches that way either.

I wont be available at 8pm EST/7 CST. Thanks though.

Yeah, I know it's not entirely feasible to host during everyone's convenience. I may have to postpone and schedule for another day since it's looking like an even break between time conflicts (will let you know late Friday or early Saturday). Leave me a schedule with your convenient days and times, if you can guys. Thanks.
  • VOLTECHVOLTECH Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW Joined: Posts: 3,040
    I'm down for when ever on Sunday I just might need a reminder :P
    Quality over Quantity
    voltecharcadesticks@gmail.com
    http://voltecharcadesticks.blogspot.com/
    Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW!!!
  • milesokeefemilesokeefe Spammy Joined: Posts: 387
    I've got all of Sunday free.
    Alright, the event is going to stay at 3PM EST/12PM PST. I have other plans during the evening so I won't be able to make it any later. Sorry guys.

So far the list is:
    AngeloW88
    blitzfu
    DNGR S PAPERCUT
    GeneiJin87
    howmuchkeefe
    I994SupraT
    Sweet Poison
    TheloTheGreat
    VOLTECH SRK
  • 94SupraTT94SupraTT Joined: Posts: 148
    Finally a tourney that I can make!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    HD Remix - Vega
  • TheloThelo Holdin' down-back Joined: Posts: 1,144 mod
    I'll be there. It's been too long since I used that HRAP.
    Keeping your cool is always the winning move.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Sign me up. Good stuff Genei, thanks.
  • MisterEgoTripMisterEgoTrip Bask in Sumo Prowess Joined: Posts: 943
    I was busy this afternoon but will look out for the upcoming event if you keep it going. Nice job Genei in continuing to put these online events for the sake of HDR!
    -- "Dosukoi, Dosukoi!", says the Sumo player "Ego" as he simulates the HHS in slow motion --
    -- Honorary member of the "No Honor Crew" --
  • 94SupraTT94SupraTT Joined: Posts: 148
    nm....just saw I'm already signed up. Someone is about to get a free win. Doh

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    HD Remix - Vega
    Brackets are uploaded. Please check the matchups page for more details.
  • TheloThelo Holdin' down-back Joined: Posts: 1,144 mod
    Just a reminder that we have a chat room IRC server irc.mibbit.net, channel #GeneiJin87HDR, the more people in there, the easier it is to coordinate matches!
    Keeping your cool is always the winning move.