Springfield, MO - No, really, we play fighting games here!

drunkninja42drunkninja42 My Little CvSJoined: Posts: 1,697
Greetings fellow Springfield/Ozarks area fighting game fans! Bringing the community here to let you all know, that yes, we do have a community ;) All information for local hookups/tournaments and such is below. Post up and let us know you're here!

Weekly Casual Hookups
Saturday Afternoons @ Next Level Games
1914 S Glenstone Ave (Sunshine & Glenstone Plaza Center)
Saturdays starting at 1PM and running until close (currently 8PM)
NLG IS CURRENTLY REMODELING AND THUS SATURDAY HOOKUPS ARE ON TEMPORARY HIATUS

Monday Nights @ Meta Games
3309 E. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65804
Starts at 7PM until close (currently 10PM)

Games available to play for casuals:
Super Street Fighter IV AE
Street Fighter X Tekken
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend
The King of Fighters XIII
Arcana Heart 3
Tekken 6
Mortal Kombat
Whatever else people want to play!

Standard tournament rules (when held):
Tournaments are Double Elimination
Winner must stay with character/team, Loser may change
(SSF4) Winner may change Ultra in response to the loser's character change
(MvC3) Loser is free to change team members/order/assists, Winner must stay with all choices
No banned characters

Fight on, gentlemen!:woot:

Comments

• Professor LexProfessor Lex Joined: Posts: 38
    Go Team Springfield and stuff. Maybe with a new thread we might get more support from the secret SFfans of Springfield.

Props to Josh and Clint for beating me and to Aniel for winning.

Looking forward to learning what on earth goes on in Arcana Heart.
  • drunkninja42drunkninja42 My Little CvS Joined: Posts: 1,697
    Yeah, had some good close matches. Grapplers vs Guile is still a tough one for me...

And I'll definitely be bringing up Arcana Heart 3 again, so no worries there!
  • RavingGreenRavingGreen Strictly Viper Joined: Posts: 44
    Rocking with my new character. I will get better with her and hopefully do well in KC tournament.
    Cool, definitely got some solid Ibuki skills. I think I've started to get how the kunai crossup works, still tricky though.

Also, just noticed, might want to change your custom title there, since you're not so "strictly viper" anymore ;)
  • CaravelCaravel Handsome Kung Fu Master Joined: Posts: 83
    I don't even get a ranking. This is what happens when you're spending time away from home on business.
    I don't even get a ranking. This is what happens when you're spending time away from home on business.

Priorities, man, where are they? I swear...
    Hey guys, just letting you know I'll be down in KC but just with a different ride. I got other stuff to do down there also. See all those who can go.
    Alright, I think I got everything lined out for the ranbats. I'm nulling last week since things got messed up (sorry Aniel), so we'll start fresh again this week. Let me know what you think!
  • zenkixzenkix Joined: Posts: 59
    Sounds good to me. I'm also gonna try to make it to KC if I can find a ride. See you guys Monday!
  • TheRogueXTheRogueX Joined: Posts: 2
    I got my butt handed to me! I need more practice. I foresee a very low ranking for me in the near future.

xD
    I got my butt handed to me! I need more practice. I foresee a very low ranking for me in the near future.

xD

Everyone's gotta start somewhere:wgrin:
  • TheRogueXTheRogueX Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey, if you start at the bottom, the only way you can go is up, right? xD
    Alright, got the results for the latest tourney:

1: Zenkix (Aniel)
    2: Warden (Clint)
    3: Sang
    4: Sala
    5: Alex
    5: Masaki
    7: Josh
    7: Tom
    9: eVile (Dennis)
    9: DrunkNinja (Torrey)
    9: Quinton

Good games all, definitely expected to do better than I did, but whatever, just gotta learn that Honda matchup I suppose. See everyone next week (and in KC for those going)!
  • ZanaOyakataZanaOyakata Ichigeki Hisatsu Joined: Posts: 433
    Alright, got the results for the latest tourney:

3: Sang
    5: Alex
    5: Masaki
    7: Josh
    9: Quinton

Good games all, definitely expected to do better than I did, but whatever, just gotta learn that Honda matchup I suppose. See everyone next week (and in KC for those going)!

Yeah, see you there I need to get even better. I think i just need to be more patient. It seemed to work better.
    Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything. - Tendou Souji
    Most cheapest man in the world, is Mago. - Tokido
  • jrsdrumzjrsdrumz DID YOU KNOW?! Joined: Posts: 33
    Nice turnout and great games! Thanks to everyone for making Mondays bad ass again!

@Warden: our matches were AMAZING, some of the most fun I've had playing SF in a while.

@Zenkix: Your Guile is getting sick. Grats on the win. Can't wait for a rematch next week though ;P
  • WardenWarden RICHARDS!!! Joined: Posts: 240
    ^ good good stuff.

Guile is too mean. :(
    No, I mean...I start thinking, you know, and it makes...MRRRR URRRRRGH IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86
    I'm going to miss next week, but I'll be there week after, and I'll defend my #7 ranking!

Also, I have to be #1 at Puzzle Fighter. The gauntlet has been thrown down, gentlemen.
    ggs in Arcana Heart, Clint. I could pretty much tell when you got your bearings, lol. Though online doesn't seem quite as responsive, I couldn't seem to land a BnB for the life of me. But that may have just been me.
  • playerplayer Jounin Joined: Posts: 1,613
    im gonna make a trip down to springfield around the end of febuary to hang with some friends. during the time im there, ill see how good you guys really are.

my guess: worse than the top KC players.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    rex, jjj, aks216, player, aka, kth, kurasa, slips, PJ
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    luger, scamp, mr. k, gllty, peaceful
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
    Haha, sure man, come on down if you'll be in the area! Some of us will be in KC this weekend as well.
    ggs in Arcana Heart, Clint. I could pretty much tell when you got your bearings, lol. Though online doesn't seem quite as responsive, I couldn't seem to land a BnB for the life of me. But that may have just been me.

Yeah it's really weird at first, trying to figure out what's a cross up, what's a low hit, when to punish, etc. It was great though, you could really see us adapting to each other. The game gives you so many options to mix it up. It's not just "oh, this is the time I do my one move to get out of pressure".

Lag does kinda suck - I think I did maybe 3 combos total the whole time we played. I think I'm getting the feel for it though.
    No, I mean...I start thinking, you know, and it makes...MRRRR URRRRRGH IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86
    You are welcome to join us anytime Player. Looking forward to fighting against you.
    Glen when you come down I hope I have some time to get some games in with you. Even though I will probably get toasted I will still try to win.

Hope to see you there.
    Good times in KC fellas. Still got a long way to go for me, but it was a good time as always.
    I'm going to come back with Ibuki. Looks like I was able to catch everyone at the tournament with a suprise this time. But next time I can expect them to get out of my mixups. Looks like I'll have to change my fighting style a bit with Ibuki. I'll still mixup but I'll add some other elements I can come up with. Nice seeing everyone there.
    Alright, got the results of yesterday's tourney here:

1: Sang
    2: Josh
    3: Alex
    5: Zenkix (Aniel)
    5: DrunkNinja (Torrey)
    7: eVile (Dennis)
    7: Masaki
    9: Ryan Swain
    13: Dustin

Good games last night, guys! Definitely saw some good matches, and it looks like people are stepping up their game!

Also, I updated the OP with current ranking info and a link to the spreadsheet I'm using to keep track of it all. If you notice an inconsistency, please let me know.
  • zenkixzenkix Joined: Posts: 59
    Great job on the rankings, man. And good games to everyone last night.
    So....arcana heart 3 rankings? :P

GG's to everyone, can't wait for next week.
    The reflex is a lonely child

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86
    I'm sure I'll be even more out of practice than normal on Monday, but I'll try to be there.
    I'm sure I'll be even more out of practice than normal on Monday, but I'll try to be there.

And just think, another week and it'll be MAHVEL BABY! Okay, yeah, technically the game doesn't come out until Tuesday, but I'm banking on a little internet magic on that one ;)
  • EzekielpurgerEzekielpurger Joined: Posts: 2
    How weird, I picked up SSF4 about a week ago and was wondering if Springfield had a fighting game scene at all.

I should have known Metagames was holding this sort of thing, they do everything. :p

Although I'm incredibly terrible at the game I'll try to make it to one of these tournaments and hanging out with some bros.
    How weird, I picked up SSF4 about a week ago and was wondering if Springfield had a fighting game scene at all.

I should have known Metagames was holding this sort of thing, they do everything. :p

Although I'm incredibly terrible at the game I'll try to make it to one of these tournaments and hanging out with some bros.

Absolutely man, come on out when you can! Things are gonna get real hype here in the next few weeks, what with MvC3 and all, of course we'll still be playing SSF4 though.

And we're not officially with Metagames or anything, they're just kind enough to put up with us every Monday night:china:
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,349
    http://shoryuken.com/f7/aerial-rave-3-3-ucc-marvel-edition-feb-19-st-louis-mo-263536/

Hey Springfield be sure to hit up Missouri 1st Marvel Major! ;)
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
    Alright, latest results are up:

3: Alex
    4: Josh
    5: Sala
    5: Sang
    7: Fenske
    9: Dustin

GGs everyone, and count on a little MAHVEL BABY next week!
    this game is dirty! get hype! I wont be there monday since it's valentine's day and all but I'll see you all the next week :D
    X-23, Wolverine, Dormammu

X-23 is too good hops all day and Berserker Slash Crossup into Weapon X Hyper
  • hawpchhawpch Joined: Posts: 1
    MvC3!

Hey all! I was referred to this thread through the Metagames forum (and Jeff Winters) and thought I'd let you all know about something we are trying at the local Best Buy here in Springfield on Monday when MvC3 officially launches.

We will be having a midnight launch event for the game and are planning on trying a tournament out at 10pm that night until the game launches. I do have the ability to give out Best Buy gift cards as prizes but will need to see what kind of turnout we have before I can commit to an amount!

It will be fun regardless so if you are planning on heading out to pick up your game that night just leave Meta about 10 minutes before they close and head over to Best Buy to play some games and maybe win a prize before you pick up your game.

Also, we will be at VisionCon and are planning on hosting a MvC3 tournament on February 18 at around 9pm in our gaming suite we will be hosting there all weekend. Stop by and check it out!

Thanks for your time guys. Look forward to meeting you there!
    Cool man, I'll see if any of the crew this Monday is interested. One question though: will we be able to bring our own controllers or will we have to use the ones provided by the store? Main reason I ask is because nearly everyone here plays on an arcade stick.
    I would be interested, I want to get more time in with X-23. And cleanup my wolverine. And learn to play dormammu.